BHVR thanks for forcing me into crossplay

Sincerely, an Xbox Series X player.

Guess I'm still not playing until they fix this. Crossplay literally killed this game on Xbox. Can't match with other Xbox players if they have it on, it's on by default and 99% of the community is too lazy or too uninformed to turn it off.

👏👏 slow claps👏👏

Expect a really bad review of crossplay in your survey.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752137#Comment_1752137

    Really?

    I've only seen like 1 or maybe 2 hackers since the devs added crossplay and i play quite a lot

    Yeah, I've seen 1 hacker maybe I'm not 100% on that since it could've been a bug, I hit the survivor and of course they got a boost, but went in the air and was walking on the sky basically.

    Other than that one time when crossplay first came out, that's it.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752228#Comment_1752228

    "you are not being punished for deciding to not play in cross play. however you must accept what happens when you take that option."

    That's literally what a punishment is. I don't do the thing my experience gets WORSE than it would if the thing didn't exist.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752209#Comment_1752209

    No I'm talking about the general Xbox pool. Right now, if I turn off crossplay I can only play with other Series X players. In order to play with other Xbox players I have to turn it on. JUST to play on Xbox I have to have it on. But that's an issue specific to Series X, my complaint there is that the game shouldn't have even launched in this state and I shouldn't be forced into crossplay to play with Xbox players. This isn't a thing in any other game I play.

    But besides the Series X, my other complaint is that the Xbox pool is gutted because players with crossplay on and crossplay off don't get matched together. If the feature didn't exist we would all be able to play together. If it existed as I suggest, where it still matches you to your own platform regardless of which option you choose and in fact prioritizes matching you on that platform and only uses crossplay to speed up the que times, then I wouldn't have an issue because I'm not being punished with longer than normal wait times by having it off.

    1) it is not punishment, when you make a choice you have to accept the results of this choice. punishment is an intentional response to your choice. for instance you choose to disconnect during game play the system awards you a time penalty (punishment) where you can't play. but the thing is if you want to equate the two, then do so. Thing is a punishment is a directed action against you when you choose to do something against a rule. there is no rule saying you can not turn it off, but the end result because there are fewer xbox series x players is that you get longer wait times.

    2) I have played matches with steam players when I matched them randomly and they had turned off their crossplay. so I can tell you that you are incorrect that it is only those that have disabled the feature.

    3) the xbox series x is a seperate platform from the Xbone. just as the microsoft store is a separate platform from the steam store. this is a decision that microsoft made in how it treats the series x consoles.

    4) just because you lept at the oppertunity to get a series x console doesn't mean others have to nor does it mean you will have the same player base you had on the xbone for many reasons.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752263#Comment_1752263

    this is the SAME as pc.... what is different? please? tell me? i turn it off and it takes forever for me to get a match too... yet I don't complain why? because i keep it on because i get more matches that way.... nothing different than console.it is a fallacy that if you turn it off, you only play against others that have it off and only others, that is not true. i've talked with people in the lobbies where it's all steam and i found some have it off yet i had crossplay on. funny that when i'm in crossplay i get put in matches with people that have crossplay off. this person just wants to whine that he can't play anymore because it takes too long. it's the option they want to take so they have to accept what will happen.

    The difference is that PC has all the advantages over console. I honestly shouldn’t even need to be explaining that part to you.. and yes and no, it is the option they want to have, BUT it’s because the devs made him choose between the 2 options by forcing it

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752295#Comment_1752295

    You don't because those games already have their limited crossplay enabled by default, or as the only option. Unless you somehow have access to those games source code and can prove otherwise, the burden of proof is on you considering what I described is literally how cross generational compatibility works. The only exception is when the newer system is emulating the previous system, and doing so in a way that all internal code references would be unable to tell the difference (including clock timings.) Since that generally takes multiple generations worth of power difference, it is usually limited to things like sourceports and not incremental console upgrades.

    Crossplay doesn't exist on Borderlands. You can't play with a PC player from Xbox.

    This is a DBD issue not a Series X issue. Series X is still the same Xbox platform as Xbox One. My console is more powerful, that's it.

  • You have the ability to turn cross play off? Can you uncheck the box? Yes.

    If you uncheck the box, do you still get to play the game even if queue times are longer? Yes.

    In not seeing a problem here. You still can play, it's just longer. YOU are in control of how long queue times are, based on your participation in the system.

    Complain til you're blue in the face. The vast majority of us want cross play on. Tough booby. This isn't bullying, this is stating the facts. You don't like the facts and you just want to throw a temper tantrum. That's it

    Stop being a child. Now.

  • @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752301#Comment_1752301

    The difference is that PC has all the advantages over console. I honestly shouldn’t even need to be explaining that part to you.. and yes and no, it is the option they want to have, BUT it’s because the devs made him choose between the 2 options by forcing it

    forcing it would be having crossplay on and not being able to turn it off. if the option exists to turn it off then it is NOT forced. pc has longer queue times just like the consoles.

    If the game has 100,000 players playing at any one time over all platforms, and you turn off crossplay you will not have 100,000 players to match to.... that would be silly and mathematically impossible. here: steam: 50K, xbone 20K, ps4 20K, ps5 and series X 5K each so remove the other platforms you must have less than the total!

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752307#Comment_1752307

    Crossplay doesn't exist on Borderlands. You can't play with a PC player from Xbox.

    This is a DBD issue not a Series X issue. Series X is still the same Xbox platform as Xbox One. My console is more powerful, that's it.

    XBox series X is another platform though. It needs a crossplay feature to play with other XBox platforms

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752293#Comment_1752293

    It is NOT an optional feature to turn crossplay on. You are trying to use an optional feature that results in a smaller more selective playerbase. It’s only logical to have longer queue times this way.

    you are asking for people that don’t want a smaller playerbase to suffer longer queue times just because of selfish reasons.

    it is not a penalty, BHVR is not at fault, they can’t and shouldn’t dictate other players to play with a smaller playerbase of only selective platforms just because you say so. A great majority of those players WANT to play with crossplay on, even if you can’t understand it.

    "you are asking for people that don’t want a smaller playerbase to suffer longer queue times just because of selfish reasons."

    LOL no. I'm saying that you shouldn't be separated from your own platform if they select a different option than you. If the system prioritized your own platform and then used crossplay to speed up the process only it would be fine and no one would have a problem with that because your que time wouldn't be worse than if no option existed. It would stay the same for everyone that has it off, and then get faster if you turn it on.

    Right now it is SLOWER than normal if you turn it off, and is only normal speed if you turn you on.

    The fact you guys insist I play with crossplay and then say I'm wrong for wanting what SHOULD be the normal non-crossplay experience that existed before crossplay became a thing is mind boggling.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752324#Comment_1752324

    XBox series X is another platform though. It needs a crossplay feature to play with other XBox platforms

    IT IS NOT.

    If it were then I wouldn't be able to play with anyone on any game unless crossplay exists and I turn it on.

    So far the only game where this is a thing is DBD. In games where crossplay doesn't even exist I can play with friends.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752308#Comment_1752308

    "you are asking for people that don’t want a smaller playerbase to suffer longer queue times just because of selfish reasons."

    LOL no. I'm saying that you shouldn't be separated from your own platform if they select a different option than you. If the system prioritized your own platform and then used crossplay to speed up the process only it would be fine and no one would have a problem with that because your que time wouldn't be worse than if no option existed. It would stay the same for everyone that has it off, and then get faster if you turn it on.

    Right now it is SLOWER than normal if you turn it off, and is only normal speed if you turn you on.

    The fact you guys insist I play with crossplay and then say I'm wrong for wanting what SHOULD be the normal non-crossplay experience that existed before crossplay became a thing is mind boggling.

    It shouldn’t be the normal experience to have non-crossplay. You are in the Great minority to think it should. There are way more benefits for it to have crossplay and the feature was implemented fairly well.

    you can’t even give a logical reason why it should be normal to have it off. I am not asking for a reason, we all know you don’t have one. But there still are good reasons to have this feature.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752336#Comment_1752336

    IT IS NOT.

    If it were then I wouldn't be able to play with anyone on any game unless crossplay exists and I turn it on.

    So far the only game where this is a thing is DBD. In games where crossplay doesn't even exist I can play with friends.

    For those games crossplay does exist but it only exists for specific platforms and there is no option to turn it on or off.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752307#Comment_1752307

    Crossplay doesn't exist on Borderlands. You can't play with a PC player from Xbox.

    This is a DBD issue not a Series X issue. Series X is still the same Xbox platform as Xbox One. My console is more powerful, that's it.

    JUst because they don't have it using a global crossplay icon doesn't mean it doesn't have it in some capacity enabled. From what I've seen about the game, they too have a global crossplay system in the works for more systems, but to give you an idea, even the Steam and Epic store versions of the game require a form crossplay in order to play together. Not exactly a smoking gun piece of evidence to the contrary.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752336#Comment_1752336

    IT IS NOT.

    If it were then I wouldn't be able to play with anyone on any game unless crossplay exists and I turn it on.

    So far the only game where this is a thing is DBD. In games where crossplay doesn't even exist I can play with friends.

    I gotta ask: How are you getting access to the source code for all these new games that are still in active development? You seem to be pretty damn sure of this, despite it being both illogical and unfounded. Could it be that you are possibly misunderstanding how it works?

    Also, I really wish this was my biggest problem with this game, lmao.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752323#Comment_1752323

    forcing it would be having crossplay on and not being able to turn it off. if the option exists to turn it off then it is NOT forced. pc has longer queue times just like the consoles.

    If the game has 100,000 players playing at any one time over all platforms, and you turn off crossplay you will not have 100,000 players to match to.... that would be silly and mathematically impossible. here: steam: 50K, xbone 20K, ps4 20K, ps5 and series X 5K each so remove the other platforms you must have less than the total!

    You’re just going on and on about the same thing and not even listening to a word anybody else is saying. I’ll explain it one last time and if you still don’t understand then I’m done. PC players have all the advantages, they don’t need to turn crossplay off. They have better aiming, graphics, load times, etc. they already have their own hackers and can’t gain more by turning crossplay on. Even if they turn it off they will still have their own hackers. So stop comparing PC to this because you obviously have no clue what you’re talking about. Secondly there are DIFFERENT KINDS of “FORCING” if the government controls you and they only give you 2 options to choose from. Option 1 is you pay $200 for a burger and that’s it and option 2 is you have to wait on a longggg line for a small amount of food where you might not even have a chance to get any of the food that day. It could be 2 days from now, is that forcing? Are they forcing you to pay $200? No, but that option will have a lot of downsides like making you go broke, etc. and the other is that you won’t be able to eat for a long time.

    they forced it by making it automatically activated so people like myself wouldn’t care enough to turn it off.

    there is 0 reason for you to turn off cross platform on PC and a dozen reasons for you to turn it off on console. If you really can’t comprehend that then.. idk..

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752336#Comment_1752336

    IT IS NOT.

    If it were then I wouldn't be able to play with anyone on any game unless crossplay exists and I turn it on.

    So far the only game where this is a thing is DBD. In games where crossplay doesn't even exist I can play with friends.

    who said xbox series x is not a different platform than the xbox one? does it not have new equipment? does it not require old titles to be adapted to play on it? does it not require people to re-download the upgraded features for it's equipment? this is the very definition of a seperate platform. the OS of the series x is different from the os of the xbone. they are similar sure but they are not the same. if you want to know what it'd be like on the series x without crossplay enabled you're experiencing it. why? the console is not even a month old and you expect everyone that has it to be playing dbd? that's a laugh. the amount of players will be proportional to the amount on the xbone until the series x starts to really eclipse the xbone in number of users. please just stop. I'm not telling you to do anything what so ever, I'm just telling you how it is but you want your rose colored glasses thinking that everyone that you had on the xbone would immediately switch over and you'd have no issues but that isn't the case is it?

  • id like to turn mine off, crossplay with other platforms makes for a world of bad latency. thats not even going into pc advantages such as filters, stretch res or even the few hackers you encounter. but sadly im forced to have it on or wait and hour for a killer lobby

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752137#Comment_1752137

    please show your proof of tons of hackers? are we talking about 2000? 4000? 10000? wow... I agree there are some hackers here yes, maybe even 100's i don't know i've played against 2 i can verify in 2+ years and 3K hours. now I've played against people on crossplay platform blinding me as killer by shining their light to my right or left (comepletely away from me! then after that got fixed I laughed when they kept trying it for a day or two, now no one shines the flash light 90 degress from a killer anymore....

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752136#Comment_1752136

    You are the one acting like a spoiled child. I am a PC player, you called me a potato and a cheater just because i play on pc doesn't mean i'm either, I don't want to play with an elitist so please turn crossplay off as I don't want to hear you whine. Now wanna talk about platforms? on the PC there are several platforms, but only two have dead by daylight. first is Steam, and players connect through the steam/valve connections, next you have the microsoft store and they are considered cross-platform because they go through the microsoft servers. (other pc platforms: Epic (hairball), GoG, Origin, direct pc (installed directly on pc not through a platform) and all of these are cross-play if they have dead by daylight). Xbox has 3 current active platforms: 360, one (all the series of the one) and now Xbox series X. these three are cross-platform to each other. Play station has the ps3, ps4 and ps5 I am pretty sure that the ps5 is considered cross platform to the ps4. but i have no hard data as no one from there has complained.

    Now your point is that you get no games or it takes ages to get a match? well if xbox series x sold a million copies alread of the console i'd say there might be 1000-4000 people playing dbd at any one time, possibly more but they don't share stats like steam does! Behavior did not make it cross-play between the series x and the one, they made their software to recognize the differences between the various servers running them and that means microsoft has separated the consoles for some reason, it is not behavior's making though they MIGHT be able to fix that I don't know. You re-write your argument each time you say it, originally and many other times you complain about long wait times then in the same post to me you complain about not being able to play at all. The option for cross-play is on by default actually mirrors your cell phone. imagine that when you buy a cell phone they turn the cell connection off because they don't want people to be charged more because they make calls well these people get a cell phone and call it defective and so the cell phones are connecting to cellular signals by default to prevent this. cross-play is on by default to give people the best chances to get matches. You can turn it off so thus you have a choice, the consequences of that choice is for you to deal with, not behavior trying to stop you from doing anything.

    Yes there are a lot of modders and hackers. Way more than there is on consoles ;) and you can find your own proof.

    but the OP was talking about how cross platform is automatically activated so if he wanted to play on Xbox servers only he would have to turn it off. But in order for him to only get paired up with Xbox players, other Xbox players would have to also turn off cross platform but most people won’t do that or even realize it’s there. I found a few lobbies with cross platform turned off but I do agree that it’s stupid for it to be automatically turned on. It’s basically forcing you to play cross platform because this game takes a while to find lobbies already, and with 85% of the community with cross platform automatically activated and left on, it makes it so much longer to find a game.

  • @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752332#Comment_1752332

    You’re just going on and on about the same thing and not even listening to a word anybody else is saying. I’ll explain it one last time and if you still don’t understand then I’m done. PC players have all the advantages, they don’t need to turn crossplay off. They have better aiming, graphics, load times, etc. they already have their own hackers and can’t gain more by turning crossplay on. Even if they turn it off they will still have their own hackers. So stop comparing PC to this because you obviously have no clue what you’re talking about. Secondly there are DIFFERENT KINDS of “FORCING” if the government controls you and they only give you 2 options to choose from. Option 1 is you pay $200 for a burger and that’s it and option 2 is you have to wait on a longggg line for a small amount of food where you might not even have a chance to get any of the food that day. It could be 2 days from now, is that forcing? Are they forcing you to pay $200? No, but that option will have a lot of downsides like making you go broke, etc. and the other is that you won’t be able to eat for a long time.

    they forced it by making it automatically activated so people like myself wouldn’t care enough to turn it off.

    there is 0 reason for you to turn off cross platform on PC and a dozen reasons for you to turn it off on console. If you really can’t comprehend that then.. idk..

    I don't have a clue? you are now trying to bring examples of the governement in on this thread? 1) the xbox series x is a different platform than the xbox one. 2) there are less xbox series x users than the xbox one users. 3) "PC doesn't need to turn crossplay off???" well when cross play was implemented you saw posts here how crappy people thought it was to be "FORCED" to play against the crappy console players (which I know there are some GREAT console players) so they turned their crossplay off. what did it do? it increased the lobby times for them. this part of what i have said before was to show that turning crossplay off has the same end result. I did not compare times between them and what not.

    if you have issues for the fact the series x is a different platform then take that up with microsoft who MADE it different. you might say windows 2000, xp, 7, 8, and windows 10 are all different platforms! for a game that ran on windows xp it needs a program called dosbox to run on windows 10. this is an endless argument because you don't know crap about pc's apparently since you think that pc's don't HAVE to turn it off... but what does that have to do with the price of tea in china? Microsoft made xbox series X a different platform with new coding and that makes the program called dead by daylight act differently since it requires different coding to work. it is you two who do not understand that you were buying a different platform or just blissfully ignored it. by your logic behavior is making people upgrade their systems and consoles to get the NEW graphics! guess what, you're not complaining about that because you are the ones benefiting from it.... so I guess I really don't know anything about this what so ever.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752339#Comment_1752339

    It shouldn’t be the normal experience to have non-crossplay. You are in the Great minority to think it should. There are way more benefits for it to have crossplay and the feature was implemented fairly well.

    you can’t even give a logical reason why it should be normal to have it off. I am not asking for a reason, we all know you don’t have one. But there still are good reasons to have this feature.

    LOL Yes it should.

    I bought an Xbox to play on Xbox. You're literally just saying I should have no choice but to play crossplay which is funny considering how you accuse me of forcing others to play the way I want.

    @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752341#Comment_1752341

    I gotta ask: How are you getting access to the source code for all these new games that are still in active development? You seem to be pretty damn sure of this, despite it being both illogical and unfounded. Could it be that you are possibly misunderstanding how it works?

    Also, I really wish this was my biggest problem with this game, lmao.

    If the game let's me play with my friends on Xbox and it doesn't have crossplay, it's a pretty safe guess that crossplay doesn't exist in any capacity on Xbox.

    I am on Xbox I can play with Xbox players on any other game. I can even go play Gears 4 with crossplay off and it works. DBD is literally the only game where I'm forced to turn on crossplay to play with people on my platform.

    But yes I totally need access to the games' source codes to make my statements. 🙄 C'mon dude.

  • I am almost positive I made a thread like this when crossplay was new and OP was one of the main people defending crossplay. What changed your mind?

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752345#Comment_1752345

    LOL Yes it should.

    I bought an Xbox to play on Xbox. You're literally just saying I should have no choice but to play crossplay which is funny considering how you accuse me of forcing others to play the way I want.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752349#Comment_1752349

    If the game let's me play with my friends on Xbox and it doesn't have crossplay, it's a pretty safe guess that crossplay doesn't exist in any capacity on Xbox.

    I am on Xbox I can play with Xbox players on any other game. I can even go play Gears 4 with crossplay off and it works. DBD is literally the only game where I'm forced to turn on crossplay to play with people on my platform.

    But yes I totally need access to the games' source codes to make my statements. 🙄 C'mon dude.

    It doesn't have crossplay yet uses crossplay to play between steam and epic. that was kinda my point. You're conflating "it just works because xbox" without understanding how network communications in games works. limited crossplay is still crossplay, but is oftentimes not advertised as such when it is a game supported by a larger variety of consoles unless it supports all of them. console exclusives are terrible examples since their crossplay would never include opposing platforms (like switch or ps4/5)

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752427#Comment_1752427

    It doesn't have crossplay yet uses crossplay to play between steam and epic. that was kinda my point. You're conflating "it just works because xbox" without understanding how network communications in games works. limited crossplay is still crossplay, but is oftentimes not advertised as such when it is a game supported by a larger variety of consoles unless it supports all of them. console exclusives are terrible examples since their crossplay would never include opposing platforms (like switch or ps4/5)

    It's not a different platform. It is Xbox. My console is just more powerful. If I shouldn't need to enable crossplay in other games where it exists to play with Xbox players, I shouldn't have to do it in DBD.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752364#Comment_1752364

    I don't have a clue? you are now trying to bring examples of the governement in on this thread? 1) the xbox series x is a different platform than the xbox one. 2) there are less xbox series x users than the xbox one users. 3) "PC doesn't need to turn crossplay off???" well when cross play was implemented you saw posts here how crappy people thought it was to be "FORCED" to play against the crappy console players (which I know there are some GREAT console players) so they turned their crossplay off. what did it do? it increased the lobby times for them. this part of what i have said before was to show that turning crossplay off has the same end result. I did not compare times between them and what not.

    if you have issues for the fact the series x is a different platform then take that up with microsoft who MADE it different. you might say windows 2000, xp, 7, 8, and windows 10 are all different platforms! for a game that ran on windows xp it needs a program called dosbox to run on windows 10. this is an endless argument because you don't know crap about pc's apparently since you think that pc's don't HAVE to turn it off... but what does that have to do with the price of tea in china? Microsoft made xbox series X a different platform with new coding and that makes the program called dead by daylight act differently since it requires different coding to work. it is you two who do not understand that you were buying a different platform or just blissfully ignored it. by your logic behavior is making people upgrade their systems and consoles to get the NEW graphics! guess what, you're not complaining about that because you are the ones benefiting from it.... so I guess I really don't know anything about this what so ever.

    Bro ######### are you talking about?? I never once brought up the new consoles. I’m talking about consoles in general. I don’t even have either of the new consoles. And yes I talked about the government to give you another example because you obviously aren’t getting the other examples we were giving you. And obviously you still haven’t gotten them. But if OP is talking about how he is forced to use cross play to connect to other Xbox consoles then that’s on him, his original post comment made it sound like he is mad about cross play in general not that he has to use it to connect to other Xbox users

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751005#Comment_1751005

    I know what you're talking about. My point is that people know they have crossplay enabled; it's self-evident. Therefore, my conclusion is not that they're uninformed or lazy, but rather that they prefer having it on.

    They have the choice however they know that having it disabled will ruin queue time therefore they don't have much of a choice. Sitting there with not much of a choice the op is disgruntled and sees it as no choice at all.

    Op, do you think that having the choice to be matched with certain platforms will help matters or just make it all worse?

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752466#Comment_1752466

    It's not a different platform. It is Xbox. My console is just more powerful. If I shouldn't need to enable crossplay in other games where it exists to play with Xbox players, I shouldn't have to do it in DBD.

    Oh, does that mean that it works on 360 as well? maybe the OG? they're both Xbox too, so clearly theyre the same too.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751000#Comment_1751000

    You can't play with people on your platform if they have crossplay turned on and you have it off or vice versa. The icon has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

    I play on Xbox with crossplay off, and I can ONLY match with other Xbox players that have if off too. If they have it on we can't be put in a game even if everyone is on Xbox anyway.

    Well yeah... Everyone asked for cross play and if you don't like it you just have to accept it and deal with it or take the longer queue times. Even if you give a negative review of it compared to the rest of the feedback you'll just be that tiny drop in a big bucket.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752469#Comment_1752469

    Oh, does that mean that it works on 360 as well? maybe the OG? they're both Xbox too, so clearly theyre the same too.

    The jump from 360 to One is WAY bigger than from One to Series X.

    The first is an actual generation gap. The second is just a more powerful console. The Xbox One was the first in a line of Xbox that are all essentially the same platform. Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X. All the same platform just varying power of the console.

    Like when I play an Xbox One game without Series X enhancements I'm not playing a backwards compatible game like if I went to play a 360 game.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752492#Comment_1752492

    The jump from 360 to One is WAY bigger than from One to Series X.

    The first is an actual generation gap. The second is just a more powerful console. The Xbox One was the first in a line of Xbox that are all essentially the same platform. Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X. All the same platform just varying power of the console.

    Like when I play an Xbox One game without Series X enhancements I'm not playing a backwards compatible game like if I went to play a 360 game.

    Xbox Series X is a whole new generation just like PS5 is... https://www.xbox.com/en-ca/consoles/xbox-series-x?source=lp

    image.png


    Also let's try to be a bit friendlier, that goes for everyone :)

  • I shouldn't need to enable crossplay to play with other Xbox players though. I don't need to enable it in any other game.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751000#Comment_1751000

    You can't play with people on your platform if they have crossplay turned on and you have it off or vice versa. The icon has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

    I play on Xbox with crossplay off, and I can ONLY match with other Xbox players that have if off too. If they have it on we can't be put in a game even if everyone is on Xbox anyway.

    OBJECTION! Ive played with my xbox one friends on dbd with crossplay on i even made new xbox friends, u see the globe next to their name? Thats someone on different platform but ive gotten games that easily had only xbox survivors so yes u can play with people on your platform u are just butthurt that pc has an advantage cause faster turning to look cause they dont use controller, and the wait times are long without crossplay... Crossplay is actually a good thing so we console players dont wait 16 years for a match... So just stop trying to make the devs do something bad, u deserve the long wait times if u think ita bad

  • If u dont see the globe u are playing with same platform

  • @whammigobambam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751011#Comment_1751011

    They have the choice however they know that having it disabled will ruin queue time therefore they don't have much of a choice. Sitting there with not much of a choice the op is disgruntled and sees it as no choice at all.

    Op, do you think that having the choice to be matched with certain platforms will help matters or just make it all worse?

    Which means OP prioritizes queue times over excluding other platforms. Personally, I prioritize queue times over everything else, so I just go with whatever options make them shorter.

    The matchmaker is not getting reworked to impose the will of a minority of players who don't like crossplay onto everyone else. If someone wants to disable crossplay they can, but they also have to bite the bullet and accept the consequences of having a smaller player pool.

    If I'm wrong and the players who don't like crossplay are, in fact, a majority, then by biting the bullet the problem of long queues will solve itself. If, on the other hand, I'm right and they're a minority, then they have to learn to live with the consequences of purposefully constricting their player pool.

    Is it a perfect system? No. However, it's entirely in the players' hands.

  • @Minerrem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751005#Comment_1751005

    OBJECTION! Ive played with my xbox one friends on dbd with crossplay on i even made new xbox friends, u see the globe next to their name? Thats someone on different platform but ive gotten games that easily had only xbox survivors so yes u can play with people on your platform u are just butthurt that pc has an advantage cause faster turning to look cause they dont use controller, and the wait times are long without crossplay... Crossplay is actually a good thing so we console players dont wait 16 years for a match... So just stop trying to make the devs do something bad, u deserve the long wait times if u think ita bad

    You only got matched in a room full of Xbox players with crossplay on. If someone has it off they won't get matched with you even if you are on Xbox.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752541#Comment_1752541

    You only got matched in a room full of Xbox players with crossplay on. If someone has it off they won't get matched with you even if you are on Xbox.

    Which is the only way that makes sense. Run the numbers, see how many players with crossplay disabled would be necessary to effectively disable crossplay for the entire playerbase on any given platform. My guess is, not many.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752484#Comment_1752484

    Which means OP prioritizes queue times over excluding other platforms. Personally, I prioritize queue times over everything else, so I just go with whatever options make them shorter.

    The matchmaker is not getting reworked to impose the will of a minority of players who don't like crossplay onto everyone else. If someone wants to disable crossplay they can, but they also have to bite the bullet and accept the consequences of having a smaller player pool.

    If I'm wrong and the players who don't like crossplay are, in fact, a majority, then by biting the bullet the problem of long queues will solve itself. If, on the other hand, I'm right and they're a minority, then they have to learn to live with the consequences of purposefully constricting their player pool.

    Is it a perfect system? No. However, it's entirely in the players' hands.

    No one is imposing their will here except you guys.

    Maybe people with crossplay off are a minority but that doesn't change the fact the system should prioritize your platform and let you match with people on your platform regardless of their crossplay option (literally how every other crossplay option works in other games). Again no one puts on crossplay to SPECIFICALLY AND ONLY play with players on another platform (unless they are friends). They do it for faster que times, but that means that the minority is punished for wanting to play the game a different way. That shouldn't be a thing. I should have the same que times as before crossplay was added, and the ones who turn it on should benefit from faster que times without negatively affecting the current que times.

    You won't get it though. I just know it.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752563#Comment_1752563

    No one is imposing their will here except you guys.

    Maybe people with crossplay off are a minority but that doesn't change the fact the system should prioritize your platform and let you match with people on your platform regardless of their crossplay option. Again no one puts on crossplay to SPECIFICALLY AND ONLY play with players on another platform (unless they are friends). They do it for faster que times, but that means that the minority is punished for wanting to play the game a different way. That shouldn't be a thing. I should have the same que times as before crossplay was added, and the ones who turn it on should benefit from faster que times without negatively affecting the current que times.

    You won't get it though. I just know it.

    the system should prioritize your platform and let you match with people on your platform regardless of their crossplay option.

    That's the same as disabling crossplay outside certain time periods.

    That shouldn't be a thing. I should have the same que times as before crossplay was added, and the ones who turn it on should benefit from faster que times without negatively affecting the current que times.

    That's not mathematically possible. Unfortunately, queue times are a zero-sum game - shortening the queues for some will increase the queues for others. The goal is to have everyone experience more or less the same (hopefully short) queue times.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752580#Comment_1752580

    the system should prioritize your platform and let you match with people on your platform regardless of their crossplay option.

    That's the same as disabling crossplay outside certain time periods.

    That shouldn't be a thing. I should have the same que times as before crossplay was added, and the ones who turn it on should benefit from faster que times without negatively affecting the current que times.

    That's not mathematically possible. Unfortunately, queue times are a zero-sum game - shortening the queues for some will increase the queues for others. The goal is to have everyone experience more or less the same (hopefully short) queue times.

    This makes 0 sense when other games do it just fine.

    Gears 4, for example will match you with other Xbox players regardless if they have crossplay enabled or not. The game just doesn't put a PC player in the lobby if someone has it off.

    Sorry I'm not buying this. DBD is the only game where crossplay is a problem, whether I'm on Series X or not.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752563#Comment_1752563

    No one is imposing their will here except you guys.

    Maybe people with crossplay off are a minority but that doesn't change the fact the system should prioritize your platform and let you match with people on your platform regardless of their crossplay option. Again no one puts on crossplay to SPECIFICALLY AND ONLY play with players on another platform (unless they are friends). They do it for faster que times, but that means that the minority is punished for wanting to play the game a different way. That shouldn't be a thing. I should have the same que times as before crossplay was added, and the ones who turn it on should benefit from faster que times without negatively affecting the current que times.

    You won't get it though. I just know it.

    Prioritize one platform over another with crossplay isnt crossplay... Its just the old system, i dont think u understand that also i hope santa brings u a dictionary cause bullying isnt what we are doing, they are not forcing u to play crossplatform if there was no option to turn it off then yes its forcing but theres an option to turn it off so its not forcing, a dictonary would help with that, by the way u wanna see bullying i can show u it, but i wont, cause im a more sophisticated as close to normal as an adhd human being can be

  • @thesuicidefox I think the reason people are being a bit "direct" with you is that you're imposing your own opinion on them about crossplay. And you did say you didn't like it because people from other platforms were bad (which you did mention something about a Lery's hook looper). It seems like you want BHVR to bow to your wants/opinions, I'm not saying you are but that's what most people are taking this as.

    It was said before, crossplay allows much better queue times. And aside from differences in machine performance, there is no real reason to have it off. But at least you have a choice. If you don't want crossplay that's fine, but you can't expect others to turn theirs off for you. BHVR isn't responsible for your choices, you need to compromise on stuff like this. The benefit of crossplay outweighs the problems with it. And that is directly from what the playerbase wanted (which was shorter queue times).

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751306#Comment_1751306

    I completely agree. I play PS4, PC and Xbox.

    Unless ppl played on Xbox before and after the crossplay, they would never understand.

    My favorite platform for dbd was Xbox due to the great queue times. Now Xbox players suffer at the expense of other platforms, especially the PS4.

    PS4 survivor queue time use to be like 20 mins. Now it's only 8 or so mins.

    xbox has faster que times before the cross play? I think u need to learn what fast means

  • @xTalon32 said:

    @thesuicidefox I think the reason people are being a bit "direct" with you is that you're imposing your own opinion on them about crossplay. And you did say you didn't like it because people from other platforms were bad (which you did mention something about a Lery's hook looper). It seems like you want BHVR to bow to your wants/opinions, I'm not saying you are but that's what most people are taking this as.

    It was said before, crossplay allows much better queue times. And aside from differences in machine performance, there is no real reason to have it off. But at least you have a choice. If you don't want crossplay that's fine, but you can't expect others to turn theirs off for you. BHVR isn't responsible for your choices, you need to compromise on stuff like this. The benefit of crossplay outweighs the problems with it. And that is directly from what the playerbase wanted (which was shorter queue times).

    LOL who is imposing anything? If you want it on or off I don't care. I just don't want to be punished for turning it off, both because I chose to get a Series X (I am still on Xbox, crossplay shouldn't be required) AND because now my que times are LONGER than before crossplay was even added. THOSE ARE MY COMPLAINTS, I AM BEING FORCED TO ENABLED AN OPTIONAL FEATURE OF CROSSPLAY.

    Dear lord this place is awful. Why I don't post much, because every time I do people do exactly what is being done in this thread. Now a mod came in and is more or less telling me oh well deal with it, you have to turn on crossplay to play on Xbox. Gee thanks, but right I'm the bully here.

  • @Minerrem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751323#Comment_1751323

    xbox has faster que times before the cross play? I think u need to learn what fast means

    Yes it did compared to having crossplay off now it was faster. It's only faster than before if you use crossplay.

    How is it you guys can't understand this simple thing?

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752595#Comment_1752595

    LOL who is imposing anything? If you want it on or off I don't care. I just don't want to be punished for turning it off, both because I chose to get a Series X (I am still on Xbox, crossplay shouldn't be required) AND because now my que times are LONGER than before crossplay was even added. THOSE ARE MY COMPLAINTS, I AM BEING FORCED TO ENABLED AN OPTIONAL FEATURE OF CROSSPLAY.

    Dear lord this place is awful. Why I don't post much, because every time I do people do exactly what is being done in this thread. Now a mod came in and is more or less telling me oh well deal with it, you have to turn on crossplay to play on Xbox. Gee thanks, but right I'm the bully here.

    Welp talon we tried

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752595#Comment_1752595

    LOL who is imposing anything? If you want it on or off I don't care. I just don't want to be punished for turning it off, both because I chose to get a Series X (I am still on Xbox, crossplay shouldn't be required) AND because now my que times are LONGER than before crossplay was even added. THOSE ARE MY COMPLAINTS, I AM BEING FORCED TO ENABLED AN OPTIONAL FEATURE OF CROSSPLAY.

    Dear lord this place is awful. Why I don't post much, because every time I do people do exactly what is being done in this thread. Now a mod came in and is more or less telling me oh well deal with it, you have to turn on crossplay to play on Xbox. Gee thanks, but right I'm the bully here.

    Choices have consequences. You are not being "forced" to do anything, nor are you being "punished" for turning off an optional feature. These are consequences you knowingly accept when you disable crossplay.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752595#Comment_1752595

    LOL who is imposing anything? If you want it on or off I don't care. I just don't want to be punished for turning it off, both because I chose to get a Series X (I am still on Xbox, crossplay shouldn't be required) AND because now my que times are LONGER than before crossplay was even added. THOSE ARE MY COMPLAINTS, I AM BEING FORCED TO ENABLED AN OPTIONAL FEATURE OF CROSSPLAY.

    Dear lord this place is awful. Why I don't post much, because every time I do people do exactly what is being done in this thread. Now a mod came in and is more or less telling me oh well deal with it, you have to turn on crossplay to play on Xbox. Gee thanks, but right I'm the bully here.

    You have to accept the fact that XBox Series X is a new gen console and not just another iteration of the Xbox One.

    and use at least other words than ‚punished‘ and ‚forced‘, those do not fot in here at all.

    you are not happy with the system, which is okay. But be more rational about it.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752603#Comment_1752603

    Choices have consequences. You are not being "forced" to do anything, nor are you being "punished" for turning off an optional feature. These are consequences you knowingly accept when you disable crossplay.

    My choices are...

    (On Series X)

    1. Turn on crossplay
    2. Don't play.

    (for normal Xbox)

    1. Turn on crossplay.
    2. Suffer with que times longer than if crossplay didn't exist, sometimes never being able to find a match.

    DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM. I am forced to play with crossplay if I want to actually play the game.

    You can't seriously sit there and say it's fair to force me to use an optional feature. My choices are literally play with crossplay or don't play at all. THAT IS NOT A CHOICE. I am being forced to use crossplay. How you can deny this is honestly astounding.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752603#Comment_1752603

    You have to accept the fact that XBox Series X is a new gen console and not just another iteration of the Xbox One.

    and use at least other words than ‚punished‘ and ‚forced‘, those do not fot in here at all.

    you are not happy with the system, which is okay. But be more rational about it.

    IT IS NOT. This issue only exists in DBD. I don't have to enable crossplay in other games to play with Xbox players.

    This thread is getting ridiculous. It's almost like none of you actually care to understand my point and just want to argue.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751150#Comment_1751150

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751155#Comment_1751155

    WHY DOES IT MATTER WHY I WANT IT OFF?

    I should be able to turn it off, for one, on Series X and I shouldn't be penalized for having it off normally with longer wait times. It should prioritize your own platform first and only crossplay if it needs to.

    The fact so many of ignore what my actual complaint is and instead focus on "why you no crossplay?" instead is why I turn off crossplay.

    The reason we ask is because it is sooo weird. It is like a mind tick just burrowing into our brain hearing this crazy statement.

    If you said you only eat only toast with a duck in a room while watching Season 3 of Friends, while dressed in only blue clothe, it would be equally as odd. calling out ps4 AND pc players togher is too bizarre. I will die confused on this topic. I will be haunted forever.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752624#Comment_1752624

    IT IS NOT. This issue only exists in DBD. I don't have to enable crossplay in other games to play with Xbox players.

    This thread is getting ridiculous. It's almost like none of you actually care to understand my point and just want to argue.

    It is. Everyone is saying so. Even the creator of the platform and the creator of the game.

    other games use another system to enable crossplay between Xbox gens.

    you are the one not accepting this fact.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1752624#Comment_1752624

    IT IS NOT. This issue only exists in DBD. I don't have to enable crossplay in other games to play with Xbox players.

    This thread is getting ridiculous. It's almost like none of you actually care to understand my point and just want to argue.

    But honestly.Why should BHVR change the way how crossplay works if there aren't any functional issues with it?

    Only thing that does is wasting manpower and risking to break something in the process.

1 2 3 4 5