OUTDATED Are we sure it's Wendigo?

Check the PTB or other sources to check out the killers it's out there!


Besides the fact I thought the trailer was a ######### post at first (can you blame me?), I'm down for Wendigo, or at least something similar. Wendigo is what most people are thinking, but I don't see why it isn't possibly The Rake or something else popular in that genre. Weirder things have happened (######### PH got in).

What do you think?

Comments

  • I mean at this stage it could be anything. It could be the actual trailer suddenly shows multiple arms smacking a survivor and it actually was a spider/bug creature all along.

    Wendigo is just the most educated guess we have

  • Nobody knows for sure, it's all speculation. I think it's a Banshee.

  • No, we’re not sure. People are just speculating because it’s fun. :D

  • yes we are 100% sure because we have that info

  • @Orion said:

    Nobody knows for sure, it's all speculation. I think it's a Banshee.

    Why may I ask? the scream sure screams banshee/bean sidhe. but the low to the ground and crawling makes me hesitant on that.

  • @BioX said:

    yes we are 100% sure because we have that info

    Yo you forgot to shower I can see the poo on your forehead.

  • We aren't really sure actually, it could pretty much be anything. All we know for sure is it has a pale arm with a hand on it, possibly moves using more than 2 limbs, could be low to the ground at least some of the time based on the angle of the attack in the teaser, and sounds female based on the breathing/snarling and screech

    I think it's gonna be the crawler which was an old idea they had that "supposedly" ended up becoming the hag but I think they've actually been holding the real thing back until now and they're gonna finally unleash it on us

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1739383#Comment_1739383

    Why may I ask? the scream sure screams banshee/bean sidhe. but the low to the ground and crawling makes me hesitant on that.

    Aren't Wendigo supposed to be massive creatures? They also don't scream like that, as far as I know.

  • If it is a licensed character, I think it is The Wendigo from Until Dawn.

    I have not ruled out it being an original killer though, we'll find out soon.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1739391#Comment_1739391

    Aren't Wendigo supposed to be massive creatures? They also don't scream like that, as far as I know.

    oh I don't think it's a wendigo either I think it's something with a similar basis to the Grudge if not a licensed form of that, the only thing throwing me off of it being licensed is the noises weren't her distinctive ones.

  • Not a licensed for sure

  • @Orion said:

    Nobody knows for sure, it's all speculation. I think it's a Banshee.

    If i'm not mistaken the Wraith first name was "Banshee"

  • @Go_Go_Roboto said:

    Besides the fact I thought the trailer was a ######### post at first (can you blame me?), I'm down for Wendigo, or at least something similar. Wendigo is what most people are thinking, but I don't see why it isn't possibly The Rake or something else popular in that genre. Weirder things have happened (######### PH got in).

    What do you think?

    I mean with this everyone is leaning towards the Wendigo, but I have thinking, for anyone who has ever played evil within 1 and 2knows theirs a fight against Laura where she's crawling around on all 4 with two arms on her shoulders she has big claws and let's out a terrible scream ( idk it's a weird idea but going back and listening to her sounds really make me think)

  • The trailer looked like a spirit rip off. People said that Blight was going to be a werewolf and that pyramid head was alien, so hopefully the trailer was deceptive

  • I mean with this everyone is leaning towards the Wendigo, but I have thinking, for anyone who has ever played evil within 1 and 2knows theirs a fight against Laura where she's crawling around on all 4 with two arms on her shoulders she has big claws and let's out a terrible scream ( idk it's a weird idea but going back and listening to her sounds really make me think)

  • We'll know in a few hours.

  • We’ll find out today, for sure, when the PTB starts

  • I want it to be Wendigo, but i think it's the rake..

  • I have to think about a creepy horror version of Hansel and Gretel or any other fairy tale which plays in a forest.

    The Devs said some time ago that they would use stuff from folklore too (Oni is one of these).

  • King believes that its "The Crawler" as one of the devs wanted "vertical gameplay"

  • BHVR have wrong-footed us before many a time. The only obvious trailer which was easier to guess was The Blight. Remember when the first teaser of Deathslinger came out, which made some people think of Hellraiser? Or the 4 year anniversary which had everything leaning towards Candyman?

    For all we know we think it's a Wendigo, but may turn out to be José Mourinho or The Undertaker from WWE! Wendigo is the closest we have at the moment.

  • I just hope it not licensed. After gettiing a bunch of shards from the halloween event it would be a waste if we can't use them.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    BHVR have wrong-footed us before many a time. The only obvious trailer which was easier to guess was The Blight. Remember when the first teaser of Deathslinger came out, which made some people think of Hellraiser? Or the 4 year anniversary which had everything leaning towards Candyman?

    For all we know we think it's a Wendigo, but may turn out to be José Mourinho or The Undertaker from WWE! Wendigo is the closest we have at the moment.

    idk the chapter 7 one was pretty obviously gonna be from Saw, and with Blight I thought we were getting Jekyll and Hyde.

  • It's some sort of hideous monster

  • No, no one is sure it's a wendigo. It's an educated guess. If it is original, the who knows? Dbd fans have a horrible track record at speculating OG killers.

    Rake seems a little iffy because BHVR doesn't seem super into messing with creepypasta. It's not really "original", and the rights are not always completely open (?)... Question mark there because I'm not 100% familiar with it, just have heard a few things secondhand and haven't confirmed personally.


  • If that's the case, it sounds like we may be borrowing from idv again

    Welp, no, sounds like an entirely different mechanic than white guard/ black guard.

    That sounds a little like having a l4d jockey as a pet, lol

  • @finitethrills said:

    No, no one is sure it's a wendigo. It's an educated guess. If it is original, the who knows? Dbd fans have a horrible track record at speculating OG killers.

    Rake seems a little iffy because BHVR doesn't seem super into messing with creepypasta. It's not really "original", and the rights are not always completely open (?)... Question mark there because I'm not 100% familiar with it, just have heard a few things secondhand and haven't confirmed personally.

    I think the rake is more possible than a lot of other creepy pasta 🍝 since it's been monetized successfully before and something hard to claim copyright over.

    Who knows tho, your probably right on that.

  • @Go_Go_Roboto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1739780#Comment_1739780

    I think the rake is more possible than a lot of other creepy pasta 🍝 since it's been monetized successfully before and something hard to claim copyright over.

    Who knows tho, your probably right on that.

    So... you posted this at 12:46 PM, some 3 hours or so after they launched the PTB and revealed the killer?

    <3

    It's not Wendigo, by the way. It's Wendi-baby.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1740575#Comment_1740575

    So... you posted this at 12:46 PM, some 3 hours or so after they launched the PTB and revealed the killer?

    <3

    It's not Wendigo, by the way. It's Wendi-baby.

    I didn't check not knew the exact time

    <3

    Congrats on your greater dedication!

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1740575#Comment_1740575

    So... you posted this at 12:46 PM, some 3 hours or so after they launched the PTB and revealed the killer?

    <3

    It's not Wendigo, by the way. It's Wendi-baby.

    I think I saw that reply this morning around 9 or 10 am est, so I think he got it in before ptb :p