Is this really what the devs intended?
The pallet looping is mind boggling. I'm fairly new to the game and wanted to know how long the looping has been like this. It provides for the most boring gameplay and I couldn't see any developer thinking that it was acceptable. Could you imagine watching a horror movie where the survivor ran in a circle over and over?
The higher the rank, the worse its gotten. In addition, what kind of chase is expected to last almost a minute?
Comments
Thanks
I absolutely agree - I have an issue with neither. Also - if a killer wants to camp there is no amount of bonus points or negative effects you can put in place to prevent this behaviour.
"Looping" also known as "Surviving" is necessary, theres some killers who have abilities that let them see through walls, crouching does not prevent this behaviour, and if (like a lot of killers do) get looped or stunned by one survivor they can often get tunnel vision and will continue chasing that one survivor despite passing many other survivors just to get that one guy. I've seen it happen all the time.
Killers will just have to learn to play better, use perks that counter looping and deal with it.
There's a plethora of perks and add-ons that help with looping, and devs are constantly changing map tiles and buildings to make it easier for the killers to do this, but it isn't impossible as it stands right now.
Oh i´m dealing with it. But i can express my opinion on a bad design choice.
I mean most of us have been playing this game for over 1000 hours. It´s somewhat addicting.
Day 39....
...mum and dad are still fighting, when will it ever end :'( .
Except it's not at all - If a killer is camping they have someone, that persons game is essentially over unless a super hero BT save comes in (and I'm sorry but I hardly see BT anymore since you know, the well deserved nerf happened). If a survivor STOPS looping and running they die, it's not at all the same, in my opinion.
Also the comparison between looping and camping is so irrelevant as I'm not even asking for camping to removed so how can you compare them like I do.
Jungle gyms and mindgames. High sight blockers. Windows, etc.
I really love it when survivors juke. Sadly only a few know how to.
Most just run in circles.
Mindgames are a 2 people thing
I've been rekt by noobs because theY made no sense on the their actions.
Like when i got everything calculated and the killer does something totally unexpected because, among high rank players, would be a stupid move.
Same goes for a skilled killer and a skilled survivor. Killer can anticipate survivors next move and act accordingly
Shhhh don´t worry, we are not fighting. This if foreplay.
Don´t worry, i shall be your hero. I use BT on every build.
Yeah, today i made some "clever" moves that usually work. But i somehow encountered new killers that made a "dumb" move and caught me and vice versa.
Just had a match where i had to leave for 5 minutes or so in the middle of a chase. I thought, i´d be probably dead when i return. ######### happens. But i was alive and being healed. We all escaped that match.
This is where you're wrong but right at the same time.
When I head towards a jungle gym, or any given pallet, I expect to be mindgamed. And I will initiate a basic loop or window loop to begin those - it is not my fault if you decide to just follow me step by step around a loop and not actually try to outwit me. Making 0 attempts to mindgame the Survivor is a failure on your part, and pallet loops and window jungle gyms punish you for that.
The intention of pallets are M I N D G A M E S. Not just to bloodlust their every step (Which is why it got nerfed)
The difference between Rank 10 and Rank 1 is that most typically Rank 1 Killers will mindgame you rather than bloodlust you. As a survivor this means:
It's called outplaying each other, try it sometimes. It works. There's more to this game than some know.
Meanwhile not the game mechanics like looping are boring but the neverending pointless threads about it really are.
"Alright, let´s do this! I´ll eat every pallet as survivors want me to. Great, he hit me, i break it aaaand he has reached the next pallet. Ok, ok now i´ll get him after the stun... just break it... ohh he reached the next one...
and 23 pallets later... I finally got him! oh wait, why are all the gates open?
That's precisely the point.
Killers lose more time by trying to not get stunned by the pallet than taking it. It's like when killers complain about survivors who rather bleed out than getting hooked and not giving those bps to killers.
Also, If u can't beat that survivor go for the weaker ones.
I did. I switched to survivor. Usually i survive pretty well. Depending on the map and the killer i can keep him/her busy for 3-4 gens WITHOUT LOOPING. And i´m terrible at juking myself.
You can keep a killer busy with or without looping.
As you said, depends on the map AND the killer. (mostly the killer though)
Cool thanks for admitting you're that horrible teamate nobody wants on their team that burns every single pallet on the map without getting any use out of it.
Spot on!
How am i a horrible teammate? O_o Where did i say i burned every pallet?
YOU sure have issues.
Well let's see, you weren't looping. You also mentioned you can't juke. That leaves me to believe you drop the pallet and run like a true rank 20 survivor would do.
Are you sure you are not projecting?
Yes it is boring, if Killers asked for a change, we get told.
Use Enduring and Brutal Strength, plus you have Bloodlust, which not only was bloodlust just nerfed with the most recent patch, but it was a band aid fix from a while ago, not a real fix to a bad system.
I can't really blame the survivors for looping though, it is one of the best defenses next to being stealthy all game, but that's boring, and survivors are all about those "Fun" matches.
So then we must look to the developers, they believe chases should last X amount of time with a poorly designed system in place, and that has yet to be achieved. I have had chases that last mere seconds, I have also had chases that lasted far to long. Either of which could be my mistakes or survivor mistakes, there really is a lot to take into account when it comes to chases. I.E. Skill, Killer choice, Perks, how many mistakes were made on either end. The list could go on.
I am about 80/20 leaning towards killer main, I play survivor the way I see survivors play against me, turns out it can work pretty well. Those are just the facts. Why would they play a different way? Its fun (For them anyways). Plus any time I ask, "Then how do you want me to play survivor." I get told to try to lose the killer or be stealthier. Which is a fair point, however, any killer that is even somewhat competent can follow blood trails and sounds when the survivors are not running.
I hear their exhausted and normal breathing. I see their blood trails, I can hear the grass rustle. It's like locating someone after being blinded by a flashlight. So to say, "Try to lose the killer" really is no small feet, and in my experience it works 2/10 times, even worse at higher ranks obviously.
And so it always comes back to looping. Once again, it is a poorly designed system, and stealth while it can work, is almost obsolete with some of the aura reading perks on the killers end, plus the literal existences of The Doctor.
I have accepted this, and thus I do not blame survivors for looping. I don't blame a killer for playing defensively , nor do I blame them for prioritizing targets, they are humans, they can think freely. They are not some stupid Ai that you can cheese end of story. So lets toss the words Camping and Tunneling.
The developers can introduce whatever perks and band aid fixes they want to try to "Fix" some of the issues this game has. But like every band aid, it will eventually come off, and some wounds never heal. And this issue is not a wound, but a scar. A scar that the game developed when it was young. Which has received very little attention. That is just the way it is, it will come back to bite em some day. Just wait.
TL:DR
Their poorly designed systems will come back to bite them.
Thanks for confirming it yet again. lmao.. jesus you are 2 ez
For everyone that suggests that the killer not chase - that right there leads me to believe that the looping wasn’t something they intended. Regardless, limiting pallet spawns or stretching them over a larger distance is a decent start. For me the looping is gamebreaking. Is it that hard for survivors to utilize their teamates or learning to bait the attack? How about losing the killer (me) with scratch mark misdirection or dropping into cover after cutting off a sprint? Those are all methods of skill.
I’d like to hear it directly from a dev, that the looping is a valid tactic and that they themselves believe it isn’t exploiting current game design. If a killers character model is larger than a survivors than there loop is faster, removing my speed increase (say average 4.4). They know I’m unable to catch them without lust and THAT is when the pallet comes down. I very rarely eat the stun, but must break the pallet and therefor eating time that allows the survivor to reach a new loop spot.
I’d like to see Chucky get into the mix, smaller character model, would provide some excellent quotes and outright terrifying. What would the loopers do without the size difference? Honestly, with all of the classic killers out now how Chucky isn’t here saddens me.
“Come out and playyy”
And the point of your post is?
So it’s out there - I started last month, having just missed the bbq event. I’m a rank 7 killer and a 10/11 survivor. There’s much I still have to learn (the maps in particular) but as I continue to rank up, the gameplay was something I thought worth writing about.
Don’t get me wrong, I think the game is pretty well done. There’s times I’ve found myself screaming in fearful surprise which is kind of what I expected the game to be about. But the pallet looping is, pardon my French - it’s ######### stupid.
Is it a exploit, is it frowned upon, is it the uquivalent of a killer face camping a hooked survivor? What’s their take on it?
The Admin should start banning them
lets see you have NOED,Haunted grounds and rancor that allows easy kills.
what more do you want? a perk that makes survivors unable to move for 3min at the start of the game? Do that yourself witg your 300+ ping
dont forget skill and luck play into it the amount of times I've died trying to lose them only to go down without them anywhere near me
I skipped from page 2 to 5 since most of the replies were the same back and forth.
You're forgetting all the times killers do this when they don't gt the map they want, don't down someone in the 1st 30 seconds. The survivors have exit gates powered and no sacs done, they're about to get out etc.
I see it all the time with Doctors and not getting Gideons when they have an ultra rae, Billy's when they don't get someone down in 1st 30 seconds or a map they don't like. So don't pretend it's only 1 sided since both sides do it.
Please tell me what you'd do as a survivor to survive i'm really curious to know what you'd do as a survivor when you're being chased.