I'm Quitting. It was Fun while it lasted.

I just cant stand the level of toxicity in this community anymore. I should not have to block messages from all people because I get too much hate mail. I should not be getting threats of being banned from PS4 network simply because I want to be nice every once and a while and let new players win so that they actually enjoy the game and want to engage in it further. I hate when I am the killer, people crouch rapidly to indicate a "teabag" meaning you're a trash killer, get off this game.

I really, really loved playing this game as Horror is one of my all time favorite genres but enough is enough. There's only so much abuse one can take. I'm sure I'll receive the same amount of hate in this post as I get in-game after I post it.

You guys have fun. I hope you continue to love this game as I once did. Peace be with you.

Comments

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1726295#Comment_1726295

    It's a shame that so many have posted such toxic comments to someone who is sharing their bad experiences. Giving them an even worse experience.

    Personally OP, I hope you come back to the game and take on board the positive people in this thread.

    Very much agrees with you, apaprantly no one can say a goodbye to a game/people without people been toxic, people need more support I don't get why the no point hate.

  • I understand the ban, Xbox has me pending another ban because of the report system and killers thinking I'm tea baggin when I'm trying to team or survivors pissed they died so they smash report which goes to my xbox player card and after about 20 you start getting soft bans that kill chat, then kill your match making etc.. That's the bullshit part, if you don't hold someone's hand and let them harass you now you may be banned because the losers smash report about non reporting offenses and instead of dbd ignoring it, Xbox, Playstation etc build up bans.

  • @nightmare8923 said:

    I just cant stand the level of toxicity in this community anymore. I should not have to block messages from all people because I get too much hate mail. I should not be getting threats of being banned from PS4 network simply because I want to be nice every once and a while and let new players win so that they actually enjoy the game and want to engage in it further. I hate when I am the killer, people crouch rapidly to indicate a "teabag" meaning you're a trash killer, get off this game.

    I really, really loved playing this game as Horror is one of my all time favorite genres but enough is enough. There's only so much abuse one can take. I'm sure I'll receive the same amount of hate in this post as I get in-game after I post it.

    You guys have fun. I hope you continue to love this game as I once did. Peace be with you.

    Dont quit ik this game sucks sometimes but there gonna fix it soon so keep playing i hate getting with rank 1s and im like you know what i got to keep playing and ill get better so plz dont quit

  • I just started playing and really appreciate the killers who go easy on new players so thank you. I just wanted to add that spamming crouch isn't always toxic. When I crouch spam I am typically saying "hi" being friendly, "oh gosh im so stupid please have mercy on me.", or if im in an exit "thank you for the good game sorry you didn't kill me, better luck next time." I know some people probably teabag to insult but even when I get teabagged when I am killer I don't see it as an insult. It's just a funny little animation.

    Sometimes we get so used to the toxicity that we just assume all in game communications are toxic and that certainly isn't the case. I hope you have fun in whatever game you move to and I really hope you don't only see the toxicity in games. <3

  • Good luck playing games in any community, there's toxicity everywhere. Good luck

  • @carnage4u said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722973#Comment_1722973

    putting effort into coming into a forum to say your quitting is as effective as spitting into the wind. No one cares. You of course are going to get snarky comments to your last ditch effort for attention. It is what the internet was created for. That and porn.

    ARPANET was created so future gamers could act like churlish bad tempeted neckbeard no friends keyboard warrior stereotypes to other people saying stuff they'd never have the courage to IRL? πŸ˜… what a great, positive worldview you have πŸ‘

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    i mean any post i see about leaving with less then even 10 user posts are a joke

    bye random person that i haven't seen before because you made an account to say this

    πŸ˜… because only posting thousand+ posts in this forum under the same user name proves you're a long time player of this game right? Y'know there are players with thousands of hours of play that don't know this forum exists right? Y'know there's players since 2016 that only go on the reddit right? Y'know there are streamers with thousands of subs playing daily that've been banned from this forum right?

    Some dude tries some catharsis by starting a new account to say why they're quiting a game that people get overtly invested in and you gotta flex so arrogant? πŸ˜… Great irony in calling his post a joke guy who I've never heard of either πŸ˜†

  • the entity won! :(

  • Man people on this forum is savage af. Could of ignored the post. Instead lets all come and tell op we dont care. Cause clearly we dont care. So we have to post about how little we care. Cause we dont care. /s


    Point is. If most people who claim they dont care, but yet posts to say they dont care kinda shows they care enough to post.

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    Man people on this forum is savage af. Could of ignored the post. Instead lets all come and tell op we dont care. Cause clearly we dont care. So we have to post about how little we care. Cause we dont care. /s

    Point is. If most people who claim they dont care, but yet posts to say they dont care kinda shows they care enough to post.

    or they just need an excuse to rank up their post count

  • @nightmare8923 said:

    I just cant stand the level of toxicity in this community anymore. I should not have to block messages from all people because I get too much hate mail. I should not be getting threats of being banned from PS4 network simply because I want to be nice every once and a while and let new players win so that they actually enjoy the game and want to engage in it further. I hate when I am the killer, people crouch rapidly to indicate a "teabag" meaning you're a trash killer, get off this game.

    I really, really loved playing this game as Horror is one of my all time favorite genres but enough is enough. There's only so much abuse one can take. I'm sure I'll receive the same amount of hate in this post as I get in-game after I post it.

    You guys have fun. I hope you continue to love this game as I once did. Peace be with you.

    Don't read replies, no hate recived

  • @leyzyman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202896/im-quitting-it-was-fun-while-it-lasted

    I Can't blame you. Only reason I really get on nowadays is to make sure I don't rank reset to far. Even then, I wonder if I should...

    I normally just stick around ranks 13 or 15s

  • @britneyspears2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202896/im-quitting-it-was-fun-while-it-lasted

    Hey, I understand you 100%, dbd has to be by far the most toxic community in the gaming world, I have heard the most horrible comments ever and the nastiest insults, if you are a survivor you get camped or tunnelers by the killers but then you play killer and you see how annoying the survivors are and then you understand why killers do what they do, the game feels like a fps game more than a horror game lol, I have learned that the best thing to do is to be toxic or nice depending on what you notice in game, if the survivors play really well but not being toxic and the entire experience is good then just be a fair killer, there are matches when I can't get a single damn survivor cause they are extremely good BUT when I say "good" I refer to actual skills, not only an ass using flashlights and running in circles around a wall, I don't like survivors looking for the killer to annoy the ######### out of you, those pretentious idiots with flashlights and teabaggin and pointing at you or calling you with their hands that is so irritating, or the swf when they all bring keys or flashlights, all of them have ds, dead hard, unbreakable, object, deliverance, or start gen rushing and running around yiu just to get you angry, all of that it's so aggravating, and they are so cynical that after doing all that crap they complain when the killer has barbecue and Chilli, Noed, or my favorite the almighty Mori, it's so funny how entitled and dumb survivors can be, I play both and I enjoy both but jeez, I got to understand when killers camp and tunnel, they got SICK AND TIRED of the complaints and toxicity and arrogance from survivors, calling you garbage and making fun of you in the after chat and feeling so proud of themselves for making a full of you and making you have an awfully boring and stressful match, and they complain when you at the end have to use noed or start using mori just to get a kill at all, my point is that the game is not well developed and it's not fair for anyone, but sadly is the best game of its kind, so...don't quit, it is giving those idiots a win, why do you want to stop playing a game that you like and that you PAID FOR just because other gamers are toxic? Then give them what they deserve, like I said before, you'll see in game how it's going to be and according to how the survivors behave towards you then you'll give them what you get, if they okay fair and make the game enjoyable and fun, you can do the same, but if they start acting like jerks, showing off and thinking they are the Jesus of dbd then make their game miserable, if they are the kinda idiots that only enjoy bothering the killer and looping you then DON'T GIVE THEM THE PLEASURE!!!hahahahaha ignore them!!! That will make the game sooooo boring for them, cause their goal is to get you to chase them so they can loop you forever and in the chat at the end tell you how they made you their "#########" 🀣🀣🀣, so no, if you start following a player and you see that it's going to be one of those idiots then ignore them the entire game, they wanted to have fun driving you nuts? Well, they can't get it if you don't go along with their plans, sadly that's the only way to play in dbd, be prepared to be both nice and toxic depending on the other players, and please leave your profile comments private, nothing gets more furious a salty survivor than going to your profile to leave their angry comments and find themselves with a private profile hahahaha, do you know how red their faces will get when all their poisonous words can't be said to you? 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣, please don't leave, those idiots don't deserve to get away with their narcissistic attitude and attention seeking crap, give love to those whom give you love, and kill and eat the flesh of those who treat you like #########, it's that simple, see you in the fog my friend πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

    πŸ‘†This is a essay. The OP didn't write a essay. 2 things you got wrong. "The truth" it's your truth not the real one. I moved on after typing "can I get a no one care." Your logic is flaw, but keep trying.

  • *this is a long post*

    For me the point is how absolutely toxic this community is. I've personally never played in a more toxic community and they really fu**ing suck. Teabagging can get annoying but honestly, it's pedestrian, i don't care about it. Whenever i play any online game I like communicating with people but when i play dbd? I have to turn off messaging. Every single match someone whines, complains or trolls: it happens when I'm killer, it happens when I'm survivor, it happens when i do bad or good or great.

    Playing survivor I had another survivor try to alert the killer to my location, i hid & THEY ended up dead. After they died that player messaged me all waaah waah waah, then they said they were messaging the killer my location, all because.....i didn't get caught when THEY tried to ruin MY match.

    Playing Killer (Trapper) this high level SWF were completely destroying me, they finished all the gens just as i finally got one of them on a hook, i set traps and as they rescued one, another got caught in a trap so i hooked that one and this repeated. Funny enough i ended up with a 4k match and i saw they were level 7, 3, 4 & 6. Afterwards one of the players messaged me asking why did i do that? I'm like "do what?" I explained that they all died because they INSISTED on having a perfect match. This player then invited me to play with them, i declined, then they invited me to a party chat. I told them the problems I've had with toxic players and though they seemed polite enough, i would not join ( i had a bad feeling about them because they were a little too polite) sure enough the MOMENT I declined i got messages from the 3 other losers talking the usual sh*t. So these cornballs were salty because i was a low level killer and i won.....it gets worse, one of them messaged me demanding that I apologize to the other and then they threatened to cut off my internet. They said they had my IP address (they said the wrong IP lol) and they said they were giving me 10 minutes to apologize or else they were gonna cut off my internet. Now they did ALL THIS just because I won.

    These are the problems i always have with this toxic sh*tbag community. I get that people are gonna talk trash sometimes but it happens ALL THE TIME and over nothing. I let them talk their crap, then i report it but even that has gotten old because i spend almost more time reporting this sh*t than playing the game. I turn off messaging now. I'm just tired of it. I occasionally send messages when a survivor does well or when a killer made the game fun but other than that I don't bother. It sucks because some matches are fun and I wanna discuss it with the other players but nope, not with this immature community.

  • Hope you find a good game and if you did let us know!

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725679#Comment_1725679

    You are a bad sport. Tea-bagging is obnoxious and says far more about YOU than it does the person you think is somehow in the wrong. People play Freddy, I suspect, for the same reason I play Michael Myers. They are fans of the film(s). It is dangerous to make assumptions about how/why someone chooses their Killer. Surely you know the old saying about assumptions?

    If youre running freddy with ropes, you deserve to get tbagged

  • @ugDUST said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725840#Comment_1725840

    If youre running freddy with ropes, you deserve to get tbagged

    The lights are on but nobody is home.

  • In my experience, some of the survivors in this game are the worst kind of entitled knobs you'll ever meet. The amount of whining, threats, and bs they'll sling because their cheesy ass build couldn't stop them from getting wrecked is pathetic. They legit want to win every match unscathed.

    On that note: modding your survivor to be nearly unstoppable isn't a measure of "skill" any more than memorizing the maps and steamrolling new players is a measure of "skill". You're the grown up equivalent of the horrible little kid in the neighborhood nobody wanted to play with who always had a "bullet proof shield" when you were playing Gi Joe's and laser and missile proof shields on reserve just incase. There is NOTHING in the world worse to these crap sacks than losing, and you best believe you'll get a tantrum when they do. They think they auto deserve the win for stacking everything in their favor. Getting killed kind of destroys that illusion for them and they're too dumb to realize that Freddy and the Clown most likely exist because THEY do.

    I love that they assume you should just LET them get away if they Kobe off the hook too. Maybe...just maybe...don't do that ######### while I'm still 10 feet away? Its ego on their part and they 100% deserve what they get. Theres no Marquess of Queensberry Rules in a 4 on 1 fight. Play smart, earn it, or piss off. Call me bad all you want. You're the dummy on the hook twice.

1 2 3 β€Ί