Can we please do something about legion?
They are such a god awful snooze fest, and no matter how hard I try to dodge I always get hit and gotta mend over and over and over and it's getting really boring. Please fix/rework them so they are actually fun to play against and play as thanks
Comments
Why are you healing against Legion?
If you're not healing and he's FF'ing you while injured, how are you not winning? That generally means he's playing bad.
Do gens instead of healing. That's all
Pro tip : just split up, if yall stay together he has the power, when split his power doesnt exist
Another tip, don't try to hide when he is in Frenzy. If he hits one person he will see you if your in his TR. Better off just running away and hope he runs out of Frenzy before he gets to you.
The power of holding W...
I find Legion fun to play as and vs.
that's exactly what OP is complaining about. Holding a single button isn't fun; mending vs Legion, adding extra time onto gens, especially if combined with thana, is not fun. Holding w in a straight-ass line isn't fun. At least with looping, you can mindgame either side and feel amazingly (or, depending on if you got mindgamed, awfully). I admit a lot of loops are pretty survivor sided but there isn't a single loop where the killer can't do anything anymore except for a type of spawn on Asylumn. Know what you can't do, as either side, with holding w? Mindgame.
I'll support it if it means Legion will get fixed.
He isn't super fun to play as or against.
Frank's Mixtape is still useless.
Stab Wound Study is still useless.
Killer Instinct Add-Ons are awful.
He has a longer stun than Nurse.
Gah, he's fiiine. If you find having to mend boring would you prefer if he can down you while in frenzy? Do you want mend to be replaced with oblivious and blindness? Like, you have nothing but complaints and no solutions.
Last part isn't entirely correct. Nurse has a 4 second stun if she blinks twice... and misses. You know why? Bad plays are punished. So why does Legion get the brutal 4 second stun no matter how he plays?
You misunderstood my point.
If he is indeed holding a single button that many times he is either playing incorrectly or he's already won because the Legion is playing incorrectly.
If you want to make the point that even in the scenario where he won it was still boring because he was holding one button so much, I'd argue he is actually holding the button less because now he isn't having to heal any.
Either way that doesn't leave a scenario where he's holding one button excessively longer than any other killer, generally speaking.
Some legion players will just try to be annoying though and FF even when you're injured just because they know you have to stop and take time to mend, I think thats what OP was talking about.
In a scenario midway through the game if the legion player feels like they've lost or are gonna lose they will stall that game as long as possible with FF and not even try to commit to any chases just gen checking and FF to slow it out as much as possible and then everyone finally either finds a way to power through or they get so damn bored they just die on purpose to go to the next match because it's not fun to hold m1 the whole game
Honestly how often does this happen though really? I can count them on maybe one hand in many months worth of game time..hardly enough to ever be worth even mentioning it's so rare. Even if he is doing that, you spread out from each other and now he can only even pick one of you to do it to at a time...
This annoying scenario is just pretty unrealistic/rare and can be prevented quite easily, not to mention it assumes they want to just throw the match intentionally.
I only notice it when the legion player knows they've lost and I'm not saying it's unwinnable or all the time I'm saying the game drags out further when they choose to just frenzy for the hell of it and patrol the gens without committing to anyone
Assuming he does this ( I can't even remember the last time this happened it's been so long), you first had to have essentially given him a 3 gen. Even then, it's a losing strategy as you'd get the gens done faster than he could do that. Yeah it would be annoying, but it's also a rare/unrealistic scenario.
I thought she had a 4 second stun if she uses three blinks and misses, since each chain blink adds .5 seconds onto her stun.
Yeah you're right; it's only 3.5 seconds not 4.
Though to be fair if you lunge you have 3.5 seconds of fatigue no matter if you hit or miss.
Sorry, I forgot to mention I was factoring in the time of the actual lunge as well since it's a miss. So, technically, it's 3.5-4 secs, depending on how you want to do the math.
Is this a necro thread?
OP sounds like they never played against pre-rework Legion.
Because if the stun were too short, you could frenzy towards a survivor, cancel it with a small stun and attack.
The stun feels bad, you’re not wrong, but the nature of Legion’s power kind of makes it necessary. Their power gets survivors injured very easily and it can’t be avoided with pallets, windows or looping, and it discourages healing. If you make Legion able to easily injure AND easily down with their power then people would hate it, as proven by their initial release.
Legion is just pathetic and horrendously dull to play as and against all at the same time. I really don't know how they're still the way that they are. I also don't know how people like them. What part of legion is fun? Turning your brain off and stabbing people, and then chasing them with no chase power whatsoever? "but they have so much build variety" well, yeah because they literally don't have a power and are good at nothing. BHVR really need to completely overhaul this sorry excuse for a killer, make them actually sort of interesting.
Legion's original release was hated because he could tunnel survivors with 0 counterplay. It was stab, moon walk while following blood, Frenzy, stab, repeat, profit.
And small stun? How much is a "small stun"? Let's say it's 3 seconds... that's already possible with current Legion (Cold Dirt + Joey's Mixtape), and that's not OP. Any amount of stun that's longer than 2 seconds is more than enough to get enough distance in a loop to be safe.
And if you're telling me that in the time it took for you to get stabbed, run further with the speed boost, him to get close again, and then cancel his power, you're still in the open, then you pretty much asked to die.
But to clarify, I don't mind the stun itself, it's that Legion has nothing to mitigate it. I personally believe Legion's stun should be shortened for every survivor he lands a hit on during that Frenzy (with his add-ons being reworked accordingly). It rewards Legion for doing well, maintains his counterplay of survivors splitting up, and allows his add-ons to be put towards other aspects of his power (Movement Speed, killer insinct, vault speed, whatever you can think of)
I’m saying that the devs probably don’t want scenarios where a Legion chases someone, Frenzy hits them, uses the rest of his Frenzy to catch up, cancels his power and quickly hits them again.
I’m not really talking about whether the current stun duration is good or not, just why it’s fairly long. And I’m guessing the existence of the add ons is part of the reason it’s as long as it is. If they reduced the stun duration every Legion would run those add ons and their Frenzy would become a chase power, which is clearly not what the devs want it to be now.
Ethan said Legion is fine.
Yea, and he said that Clown is good and OoO is fine.
Yes, yes he did.
I wouldn't take his word that seriously, Legion is decent at best, I hope that the statement "Legion is fine" wouldn't be forever, I hope that Leg gets some QoL changes soon.
Despite adding some lethality to Legion, that rework would be a MASSIVE nerf to Legion. The loss of mobility paired with Survivors that already spread out a lot would make that power a pretty looking button nobody ever pressed. It might see use at the beginning of a match and during a 3 gen defense. It'd basically be useless mid-game.
If Legion can't detect anyone that is hiding because they lost Killer Instinct, the Legion would give up after several seconds. The first hit they got would become their focus. If they don't gain enough speed to make searching an option, the first hit they got would become their focus. If they don't gain speed or detection after the first hit, they should have just used M1 instead of their power. So their power literally becomes useless. It's an M1 attack that MIGHT make them faster on use and gives them a 4 second fatigue. To make this version remotely useful to Legion, Killer Instinct would still need to be a thing, and the duration of FF would need to be increased substantially, otherwise it's actually just an underpowered M1 attack that offers no strategic or gameplay advantage.
This rebuild would be fantastic for Survivors, because Legion would become a free win.
I main legion when I play killer, although I main survivor. I think he needs a rework of his power. When being hit by a killer's power is a good thing, that's a bad thing. Frenzy is the least threatening power in the game, tied in uselessness with wraith's pseudo invis and pig's bear traps. I'm only in green ranks as killer, but red rank as survivor, and in neither rank do people really treat frenzy as something to rub away from since most Legions play hit and run even with injured survivors.
I really don't know what they could do with him that wouldn't make people mad, but I think he needs reworked again. The only reason people are against a buff/rework of legion is because of the bad taste that OG legion left in people's mouths.
The point of Legion is to keep Survivors Injured for easy one shots outside of Frenzy. The Deep Wounds is just there to force them off gens after they get hit instead of doing gens in their face. Sure, one could argue it's there to add some lethality, but a 30 second timer to press M1 for a few seconds rarely kills anyone.
Nerfing Legions mobility from their power WOULD be a heavy nerf. Not because "I use it for mobility" but because "I use it for the mobility needed to chain my stabs". Legion NEEDS that mobility during their power to chain stabs. Otherwise, they will get one hit, everyone else will scatter, and the timer will be gone (unless it's outrageously long) before they get up to the next Survivor. Even now (I just got through a match juking a Legion), Legions current speed can still be too slow to deal with a Survivor that has any sense of loops and pallet use. Dropping that speed boost and requiring it to be built up would basically just be handing Survivors wins. They would never let a second (much less third) hit happen.
On top of that, the loss of Killer Instinct would further make hitting a second target tough as hell, and for most people, not worth the effort. You hit the first, and several are already hiding. All of this lends to what I originally said: The Legion will hit the first person, then focus them. The fatigue, however, won't make a slow Killer with no tracking worth the use of their power. M1 would simply be the better option. On rare occasion, the reworked Feral Frenzy might come in useful, but it would be rare. Scratch marks and blood pools won't make hunting them down any faster without KI to do the heavy lifting. If the duration was insanely long, sure, but if not, the power would be neutered.
split up and dont heal, if you do that legion is an m1 killer with no power
That's the point of the thread. The author wants something done to make Legion more interesting to play as and against.
I mean... That's a whole new killer basically.
Truth be told, I think Legion just needs tokens.
First off, Feral Frenzy still gives the same mobility bonuses it currently gives.
Every time they stab a Survivor that is marked with Killer Instinct (which means they need to hit someone else with Feral Frenzy first), they gain a token. Deep Wounds applies as normal during this function of Feral Frenzy. Each token removes a second from their fatigue if deactivated manually. When deactivated manually, Legions power is reset to zero.
If they do not manually deactivate their ability, Legion still takes a full fatigue, but keeps the tokens. The next time they use their Feral Frenzy, the tokens they have are converted to the amount of seconds they have to hit someone, which will be an insta-down. They then enter a full Fatigue and their power must recharge from zero.
Missing a stab or getting stunned during Feral Frenzy at any point causes full Fatigue and loses all tokens.
So Legions power would scale to the amount of Survivors still alive when manually deactivating and for the time they have to insta-down. Manually deactivating or allowing a full Fatigue would be a strategic decision by the player. Every use of Legions power would create a long cooldown period, and if used to its full extent, would reduce the amount of times Legion just runs around like a maniac stabbing everyone. Instead, they would have phases of "STAB STAB STAB" and "STAB REALLY HARD but ONLY this one time it's okay ssssshhhhhh just take it." This would give the rest of the Survivors some breathing room in between phases to do their thing and create less Deep Wounds and Mending.
The addons would need to be reworked. Actually, Legions addons already need to be reworked.
Legion is the worst killer in the game change my mind.
(In all honesty how many times have you ACTUALLY died to a legion who wasn’t face camping or tunneling compared to almost every killer in the game)?
My idea is just make it where you retain your physical form when fatigued so survivors can’t run right through you.
You do, though. I use my fatigue to body block all the time. It's actually a common Legion strat to run ahead to a window/door and fatigue on it so the Survivor is forced to take a more open path and let you confirm a kill after FFing them.
You don’t though, in frenzy they can’t but as soon as you cancel it they vault right through you. Try it, as I did yesterday.
If this is real, it's gotta be a new bug. Just a week ago, I used fatigue to body block a door in Silent Hill to stop a streamer from going in to loop me. I'll have to investigate.
NORMALLY, though, fatigue SHOULD body block, and is commonly used to do so.
Testing it RIGHT NOW in KYF, and it is indeed body blocking during fatigue. I don't know what happened to you, but I can't recreate it.
Good to know, will have to try it again.
Legion has been nerfed into the ground twice already.