The Meyers insta-mori add-ons need to go

It's so unfair. You can play perfectly but because your teammates feed Meyers stalk, you get punished by the level 3. And that's just Meyers at base. With his tombstone add-ons he can just walk up and mori you. You don't need to be hooked or even downed for this to happen. I want to know: what were they thinking when making this add-on? This is even worse than pink Leatherface add-ons, instadown hatchets, it beats everything. It can even be combined with perma-tier 3 so that all 4 survivors can be moried without even being downed or hooked. And it's all done by just staring at survivors. I know skill is a polarizing word, but seriously where is the skill in these add-ons?

Comments

  • @siren_sorceress said:

    Idk why but a tombstone Myers is the most fun op ability to go up against in dbd. I think we made the last two dc bc we jumped in lockers the whole game lol. It's usually obvious. Kinda hilarious when it gets you by surprise. Out of all the op bs in this game, I'd want to see this one leave the latest

    I wouldn't call it OP necessarily; most of the time I only get two kills or less with an infinite tombstone Myers, and that's in large part because the survivors only have gens to do in the meantime. It can result in some pretty amazing moment tho, both as killer and survivor.

    I had a game recently where a David kept jumping in lockers to avoid being mori'd during the hatch EGC while I kept having him wiggle off to give myself another go at it, and about 3 seconds before the end, he started clicking his flashlight while standing near a locker, but I rounded the jungle gym wall from an unexpected direction and shanked him from behind. It was very entertaining.

  • @MrLimonka said:

    It's so easy to counter, though. You can tell if Myers has an iri tombstone or not based on how much time he spent stalking. And when he gets to tier 3? By that time the survivors should have completed AT LEAST 3 gens. Just jump in a locker and he can't do anything. He either has to wait for you to leave or hook you instead.

    We did get 3 gens done. But the 'counter' to his level 3 you described is a joke. In order to avoid getting insta-moried, you let him instadown you from a locker? Do you see the problem here?

  • @edgetastic said:

    I am SO MF TIRED of people complaining over this game. The ONLY POSTS THAT I SEE are people complaining about how killers are SO BROKEN and how they NEVER GET TO HAVE FUN or NEVER HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN as survivor. ALL I MF SEE IF PEOPLE CRYING OVER CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE. I have news for all you people who think it's so unfair that myers has an insta mori, or that gens go off to fast, or that toxic survivors ruin the game: IT IS PART OF THE GAME. THERE ARE PARTS THAT ARE NOT GOING TO GO YOUR WAY. SUCK IT UP. IF YOU HAVE SO MANY ISSUES AND YOU ARE LOOSING THAT BAD THAT YOU HAVE TO POST ABOUT IT COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THE FLY IN THE GAME LOWERS YOUR FRAME RATE, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR IT. YOU GUYS ARE JUST A BUNCH OF TOXIC PLAYERS WHO WILL GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO FLOOD THIS COMMUNITY WITH HATE TOWARDS YOUR INCONVENIENCES. I HAVE SEEN FIVE POSTS ALREADY STARTING WITH, "ITS NOT FAIR". GUESS WHAT DUMBOS, NOT EVERY MF VIDEO GAME IS MADE PERFECT. IF I SEE ONE MORE POST ABOUT HOW BUBBA'S ADD ONS ARE OP OR HOW SURVIVORS NEED A BUFF TO HELP THE POOR SURVIVORS WIN. I SWEAR YOU GUYS ARE SO MF SALTY. ITS LIKE READING TODDLERS COMPLAINING THAT THEY DIDN'T WIN THE LAST ROUND OF HIDE AND GO SEEK BECAUSE, "HE WAS TOO OP." damn

    If something isn't perfect then the smartest thing to do is juggle around ideas that may or may not work to improve it. These ideas often come in the form of complaining. That's just life, man.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710620#Comment_1710620

    We did get 3 gens done. But the 'counter' to his level 3 you described is a joke. In order to avoid getting insta-moried, you let him instadown you from a locker? Do you see the problem here?

    1. you've (as a group of survivors) let Myers gain an overwhelming power.
    2. You have a sure chance to mitigate its devastation by hopping in a locker when he's near.
    3. You complain about the situation you got yourself into through either A. not looking around attentively enough or B. not treating Myers as a serious threat early enough in the game.

    So, yes, I'm sure many people see the problem: you're blaming the killer and the add-ons for problems other survivors and yourself have created, and you pooh pooh the last saving grace you are given to not be killed upon being found.

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

    Catch 22s like these are all well and good, but catch 22s around generator completion (eg. Pop, Ruin, Trails of Torment, etc. combos) are not. This is because generators are mechanically different from chases and survival techniques.


  • @danielmaster87 said:

    It's so unfair. You can play perfectly but because your teammates feed Meyers stalk, you get punished by the level 3. And that's just Meyers at base. With his tombstone add-ons he can just walk up and mori you. You don't need to be hooked or even downed for this to happen. I want to know: what were they thinking when making this add-on? This is even worse than pink Leatherface add-ons, instadown hatchets, it beats everything. It can even be combined with perma-tier 3 so that all 4 survivors can be moried without even being downed or hooked. And it's all done by just staring at survivors. I know skill is a polarizing word, but seriously where is the skill in these add-ons?

    Seriously another complaint about add ons and for Myers really you gotta be really sad to want him changed get over it I get killed like that all the time amd I just tell the man gg I don't complain about it why bc they try to make stuff like this close to whatever movie or game they come from and I find it fun to play against tombstone Myers gets my blood going

  • I think by the time you get here three of the games practically over. Quite often all

  • @jerakal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710206#Comment_1710206

    Quality post. If you really hate having braindead teammates, just grab some friends and go SwF and have somebody run OoO, that way Micheal never has a chance to stalk anyone.

    But that's the problem right there. I have to abandon solo play, an entire game mode, just to have fun at the game? That's called a broken system, which could have been fixed by MMR btw.

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710206#Comment_1710206

    It seems like the greater problem here are the speed increase to stalking add-ons and not the tombstone, and I would argue (as perhaps would many others) that the stalking speed add-ons are the add-ons that have issues. The other add-ons (tombstone, infinite tier III) only become an issue when looping goes on for a long time and the killer has more of an incentive to get the add-ons to activate than hook survivors normally, which shows how the game has glaring issues that are not due to the add-ons and it's good that these add-ons highlight that.

    @danielmaster87 I'll direct you to what I said above to @ALostPuppy , but I'll add that your other survivors being stupid is not really a valid reason to only touch Myers' add-ons. Oni and Plague are two other killers that rely heavily on other survivors making the game harder for survivors not around them, but for all killers, survivor teammates can severely impact the fairness of the trial and the outcomes. That's an issue with matchmaking and ranks and not an issue with the add-ons.

    By doing what you're doing with this advocacy, you're ignoring the larger, more pressing issues, and encouraging the devs to not go through and do the hard work to balance the core of the game but instead change a few values on one specific add-on on one killer and call it a day.

    I also want those core problems changed. But that won't happen. It just won't, not with these devs. So I'm taking what I can.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711187#Comment_1711187

    I also want those core problems changed. But that won't happen. It just won't, not with these devs. So I'm taking what I can.

    ah....

    yea, I get u.

    but like, I like the add-ons :,(

  • No, no. Y'all have me convinced. I'm gonna abuse whatever broken ######### this game has and be toxic about it if I can, because it's "part of the game"! If I hate these Meyers add-ons so much, I'll just use them myself and stop complaining, because now it's something that benefits me.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711540#Comment_1711540

    No, no. Y'all have me convinced. I'm gonna abuse whatever broken ######### this game has and be toxic about it if I can, because it's "part of the game"! If I hate these Meyers add-ons so much, I'll just use them myself and stop complaining, because now it's something that benefits me.

    LOL

    this is me when I get annoyed and decide to use iridescent head Huntress and a mori XD

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710620#Comment_1710620

    We did get 3 gens done. But the 'counter' to his level 3 you described is a joke. In order to avoid getting insta-moried, you let him instadown you from a locker? Do you see the problem here?

    Welp, if Myers gets to tier 3, regardless if he has the addon or not, he can insta-down you.

    The difference is without the addon getting to tier 3 is easy. With the addon, he has to waste tons of time without any pressure whatsoever, and then you can nullify the addon's effects by just jumping in a locker.

    And I agree that this is very unfun to go against, but it's not OP at all. Purple tombstone, on the other hand, is.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711130#Comment_1711130

    But that's the problem right there. I have to abandon solo play, an entire game mode, just to have fun at the game? That's called a broken system, which could have been fixed by MMR btw.

    You'll be relieved to know that you will encounter meyers using that addon less than 1% of the time.

  • @Jed_Olsen said:

    It takes like 10 years to get to tier 3 with those add ons, i think ebony mori is worse

    It dosent take a long time to get tier 3 with the tombstone piece...

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711270#Comment_1711270

    I wouldn't call it OP necessarily; most of the time I only get two kills or less with an infinite tombstone Myers, and that's in large part because the survivors only have gens to do in the meantime. It can result in some pretty amazing moment tho, both as killer and survivor.

    I had a game recently where a David kept jumping in lockers to avoid being mori'd during the hatch EGC while I kept having him wiggle off to give myself another go at it, and about 3 seconds before the end, he started clicking his flashlight while standing near a locker, but I rounded the jungle gym wall from an unexpected direction and shanked him from behind. It was very entertaining.

    It's a free mori lol how is that not op? The only reason it's probably one of the weakest rare add ons is bc imo Myers is the weakest killer in the game.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    It's so unfair. You can play perfectly but because your teammates feed Meyers stalk, you get punished by the level 3. And that's just Meyers at base. With his tombstone add-ons he can just walk up and mori you. You don't need to be hooked or even downed for this to happen. I want to know: what were they thinking when making this add-on? This is even worse than pink Leatherface add-ons, instadown hatchets, it beats everything. It can even be combined with perma-tier 3 so that all 4 survivors can be moried without even being downed or hooked. And it's all done by just staring at survivors. I know skill is a polarizing word, but seriously where is the skill in these add-ons?

    I've run up against 3 or 4 infinite tier 3 tombstone myers. Almost every game I played against them they got looped and didn't get more than a kill or two because it took them 84 years to hit tier 3. If it's just tombstone with memorial, hide or loop. Throw pallets early. I know everyone's milage will vary when it comes to facing different killers/builds, but myers is a very easy killer to evade even with infinite tier 3 built in Mori shenanigans.

  • @jerakal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711529#Comment_1711529

    You'll be relieved to know that you will encounter meyers using that addon less than 1% of the time.

    Usage rate isn't parallel to power level. I hardly ever see iri head Huntress but guess how many complaints that one gets?

  • Well what rank is Tombstine? I know it's not red. And that is what makes it freaking ridiculous!

    Like seriously, how fun is it to be a survivor and get offed instantly when you haven't even done anything other than try to evade him? Then you get killed off.

    Or worse, you e dine a few things, figure hey, buddy has been hooked twice, I'll go and relieve some pressure so he can have a chance to unhook and heal. And maybe get a generator started. And you get killed off. Like what?!

    After that game, if I hear it's a Myers on headset, good luck! I ain't gonna take him off your tail. Dude freaking hung up 2 of my team mates but got me, then proceeded to kill off all of the survivors.

    It needs a nerfing. And it should be made red. It's more powerful than the red morie you don't need to fill any requirements rather than stand there and stare.

  • According to wikipedia and the developers Myers' will to kill is so great that the entity itself is unable to control it, and to know that this is true there are 2 adoons of it which are the 2 red ones tier 3 infinite and insta-mori , I understand you, can’t take insta-mori anymore but they can’t remove or nerf the adoons, because that feature wouldn’t make any more sense.

  • @BabyLegion said:

    According to wikipedia and the developers Myers' will to kill is so great that the entity itself is unable to control it, and to know that this is true there are 2 adoons of it which are the 2 red ones tier 3 infinite and insta-mori , I understand you, can’t take insta-mori anymore but they can’t remove or nerf the adoons, because that feature wouldn’t make any more sense.

    I hate when people use the lore to justify balance decisions.

  • @MrLimonka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711510#Comment_1711510

    Welp, if Myers gets to tier 3, regardless if he has the addon or not, he can insta-down you.

    The difference is without the addon getting to tier 3 is easy. With the addon, he has to waste tons of time without any pressure whatsoever, and then you can nullify the addon's effects by just jumping in a locker.

    And I agree that this is very unfun to go against, but it's not OP at all. Purple tombstone, on the other hand, is.

    I don't know about that last line. I'm pretty sure the Feng that was repeatedly farmed by a Claudette in one of my games was pretty happy when I stalked off the Feng so I could tombstone the Claudette when she farmed her for the second hook.

    It was a fun game, and the remaining survivors thanked me for the match afterward.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711657#Comment_1711657

    Usage rate isn't parallel to power level. I hardly ever see iri head Huntress but guess how many complaints that one gets?

    Also, usage rate should be related to power level, but the devs really messed that one up when they didn't separate perks from the bloodweb and instead flooded the economy, devaluing the bloodpoint and all the add-ons and offerings on the bloodwebs, resulting in piles upon piles of add-ons of all tiers that will never come close to being used up on most survivors and most killers.

    It's a real issue, and no one seems to think it is.

  • Something is very wrong with add-ons that let you remove a survivor from the trial, whom you may have never so much as injured prior. Heck, they may have even only granted you the last millisecond of stalk needed to enter Tier III. The tombstone add-ons need to be nerfed so that every survivor needs to be hooked at least once prior to allowing you to enter Tier III. In return, I'd be ok with lowering the amount of stalking needed and/or removing the stalk limit allowable from one survivor.

  • @Khar said:

    Isn't it balanced by requiring much more time stalking? Why does it need to go just because you have braindead teammates?

    Yes it is balanced, not only by more time stalking, but also with a movement speed decreased (too much according to me)

    In my opinion, J tombstone is almost useless since you need to stalk A LOT, but it is almost impossible to reach a survivor.

    I even myself asked on the forums for a buff of it, otherwise it is useless.

    According to tombstone piece, it is well balanced: no movement speed decrease, need a lot more time stalking, and decreases a lot of evil within when killing a survivor with it.

    In my opinion, all add ons set of myers should be reworked, cuz every michael main use only like... 5 add ons cuz they are the only useful ones. I mean, who cares about "slightly increasing movement speed while stalking"?

    It makes myers a killer we play a bunch of games, then you need to farm more add ons before playing back with him. I have in my set like 115 Tacky Earrings and Jewelry that I will NEVER use, and I'm not the only one to think that.

    @danielmaster87 said:

    It's so unfair. You can play perfectly but because your teammates feed Meyers stalk, you get punished by the level 3. And that's just Meyers at base. With his tombstone add-ons he can just walk up and mori you. You don't need to be hooked or even downed for this to happen. I want to know: what were they thinking when making this add-on? This is even worse than pink Leatherface add-ons, instadown hatchets, it beats everything. It can even be combined with perma-tier 3 so that all 4 survivors can be moried without even being downed or hooked. And it's all done by just staring at survivors. I know skill is a polarizing word, but seriously where is the skill in these add-ons?

    And I'm sorry dude but like I said, this is not that unfair because it is balanced with a more time stalking need. If you suspect a Myers to run a tombstone piece, just hide in a locker, it is better to get hooked than be just moried.

    And, like I said, if a Myers runs a J tombstone, it is very easy to run from him since he is soo ffff slow, and the time he gets to reach to you on EW3, his EW will be over. So no, it is not unfair at all.

  • tombstone add on needs to change

    Not only is it a pretty BS add on that rewards playing the killer poorly, it also screws both sides out of blood points.

  • If your team fed him stalk then you didn’t play perfectly..

  • Bruh if anything more killers should have addons like tombstone or TS piece like Myers.

  • agreed, but BHVR will not like it because that means they have to force Achievement services to change their systems.

  • No, no they don't. The Myer's Mori add-ons are part of what make him unique and grant him a special kind of style and substance. He isn't alone in having a Mori ability outside of an offering. PH also has a method to do this. There is also Devour Hope (A Hex Perk) which can allow for it too. Myers has been able to do these things for a LONG time and it hasn't broken then game, nor made him overpowered. He is considered middle tier if not lower. Every once in awhile threads like this one show up when someone gets Salty.

1 2 ›