Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

I had around 74k iridescent shards and spent 43200 in two skins and now, without any warning, each skin costs 9k.

#########?

Receive a response from support:

tQUNheR.png

I'm done with this game.

I lost my time getting all those shards to getting literally scammed.

That's a developer who really put their players in first place, huh?


This is their EULA.

sdfsdf.png

EULA states: "All purchase of Virtual Goods, whether made with "real money" or virtual currencies, are non-refundable and non-returnable" and "BHVR reserves the right to modify the price for Virtual Goods that may be "purchased" at any time"

Even steam has the same ######### and if you contact the support most of the times they refund the game for you to get with the discounted price.

If they don't refund this thing is pretty simple im personally going to stop playing the game and everybody can do whatever with their life. :)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Kurasuma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707479#Comment_1707479

    Have fun getting ignored then. They are gonna do what they are gonna do and whining about it isn't going to make things any faster

    I have all the time in the world. Not worried at all.

    @Kurasuma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707677#Comment_1707677

    Yet you kind of complaints cause people to bully them as well. And the "no refund" policy may not be right to you, but by law its absolute. You need to accept it or you are just gonna waste energy complaining when YOU signed the agreement without reading it first.

    I know you understand that companies can overrule the EULA if they see fit. You don't look like someone without any kind of education. If they don't want to do it, its alright. already said this a thousand times.

    Good night man.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705979#Comment_1705979

    These people didn't spend Cash. They spent shards.

    Maybe, I dunno, read the thread before you post?

    K

  • @Kurasuma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707474#Comment_1707474

    Did you ever think that these big problems might be something small in the coding and they are trying to find it while adding things in? It's pretty common in these kind of things where in the many pages of coding, something really small is the cause. So they have to look for it WHILE adding new content. And it doesn't help that new problems arise cause they have to keep changing the game so often due to constant complaining over stupid things.

    I get it do , why is everything whining when people express there opinions. Are you tough as nails if you keep taking it in the buttocks from everyone. You don’t write just like me me . We have a choice and our choice us chime in and get it out, maybe there mad not sad .

  • @Kurasuma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707677#Comment_1707677

    Yet you kind of complaints cause people to bully them as well. And the "no refund" policy may not be right to you, but by law its absolute. You need to accept it or you are just gonna waste energy complaining when YOU signed the agreement without reading it first.

    Its not absolute, other games have that policy too but still refund things anyway to get goodwill.

    Ex. Warframe

    Warframe gives you refund even when you screw up, you buy a cosmetic look at it and don't like it ask support.

    "Thank you for contacting us. Please note that all Platinum purchases are considered to be final. As a courtesy to you in this instance, you will find that the requested purchase has been reversed and the Platinum added back to your account.

    Please be cautious in the future, as we might not be able to reverse future purchases for you.

    Thank you for your continued support!"

    this was the 3rd time ive asked for a refund in this game and they still gave me it even though its against their policy

    And in this instance people didn't screw up BHVR did and still no refund is deserved even though both parties will benefit in the long run?

  • @Buttercake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1706360#Comment_1706360

    Actually the mods would delete all the threads that asked for peaceful protest of not spending money. Most people wouldn't have any seen the threads cause they got taken down so quickly.

    in that case I take my words back, I wasnt that active to see that by myself. Damn, why are mods going this route now? Thats reaaally bad shine on them and BHVR

  • Instead items should never go in sale!

  • It's incredible how BHVR still hasn't replied to this thread yet. FYI, sticking your head into the sand won't make the problem go away.

  • @Kurasuma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708243#Comment_1708243

    Yes. Sticking your head in the sand won't. But BHVR doesn't have to respond. They are already giving free stuff

    actually only free stuff for people who don't buy them early like us

    free 9K is less than the price difference we lost

  • So if you bought ice cream and on the next day you see it with big discount you also ask for the refund? I understand that unexpected sales sucks, but it's definitely not the reason to give you any refund. It's your choice to buy it or not. If you wanna stop playing because of it, it's your choice also.

  • @PapaBless said:

    So if you bought ice cream and on the next day you see it with big discount you also ask for the refund? I understand that unexpected sales sucks, but it's definitely not the reason to give you any refund. It's your choice to buy it or not. If you wanna stop playing because of it, it's your choice also.

    this was more like there was two clients at the same time, and one buy the ice cream at 2$ and the next client buy the same ice cream but at 1$

    because yes, without explanation.


    and if i was the ice cream seller i don't gonna change the price randomly because yes

    but if i change them the next day, for unknow reasons, and someone ask me to give the price difference back, sure i will

  • @Kurasuma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707223#Comment_1707223

    I'm pretty sure it's all 1 team. Show where they say it's a different team and I'll lay off on that. And they haven't been released yet so how are you supposed to see them. But killers are constantly getting nerfed and buffed. You obviously havent been paying attention. And killers are getting a nice advantage due to the map reworked as its so much harder for survivors to hide. So yes. Everybody is getting ######### they want.

    You obviously haven't been paying attention lol. They literally say it all the time in their streams. Go watch nearly any of their streams including the latest one when they literally talk about what the two different teams do lol.

  • @PapaBless said:

    So if you bought ice cream and on the next day you see it with big discount you also ask for the refund? I understand that unexpected sales sucks, but it's definitely not the reason to give you any refund. It's your choice to buy it or not. If you wanna stop playing because of it, it's your choice also.

    Yes. You can actually do this, unless the sale was promoted before hand. Most places have a customer service desk where you can request refunds for a reason. 🤷‍♀️

  • @Kurasuma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707359#Comment_1707359

    Ok, bruh. I'm whining. Yea sure. You guys are also ASKING BHVR and not DEMANDING at all. Thats completely obvious. And you are SUCH hardcore fans and VERY loyal.

    I really hope the sarcasm is apparent. I dont see how I've whined at all. I'm just telling people to stop complaining as you are. BHVR is working on stuff for us and these reworks are taking a lot so instead of doing a hardcore event, they gave us something so they can put everything they have into what they are working on. And saying they didnt give you the "right" event shows how entitled you are being and all the whining is apparent in the whole " Give me a refund! I want a refund! You need to refund me the difference!" BHVR has a lot on their plate as they try to work on the game and yet you all are LITERALLY crying about shards you got for free. Sure, I understand those who spent real money but everybody else needs to get over it. They are already compensating for the loss as best as they can RIGHT NOW so leave them alone. Let them work on the ACTUAL problems and not you greed.

    Stop white knighting. The event was hardly an event. It was tied to the rift so if you didn't complete it now then you probably won't be able to ever unless they do blight stuff again. And the "event" consisted of pumpkins on gens, holding m1 on a flower if you even had that mission selected from the tomb, and expensive as usual cosmetics with no way reasonable way to earn them within the event. The devs screwed up and thanks to the masses of understandably unhappy customers who had to sit and watch other game companies who actually care about their player base give out an event worth playing we finally got some form of rectification. I'm not saying bhvr is heartless or that they're the devil but you can't deny they tried some squirrelly shite and would have then made that the normal practice if not for the people who were willing to get banned to defend all of us. A word of advice, defending poor practices don't enact changes like the ones we have all come to enjoy today, we have to keep on top of them because if we don't even try then obviously nothing is going to stop companies like these from becoming ea. It's a shame it all came to this and I usually don't write on these forums out of fear of getting banned or attacked by a mob of poor opinions. So if you do then obviously you've never had to fight for what you've wanted or needed. Okay I'm done god bless and take care folks.

  • @PapaBless said:

    So if you bought ice cream and on the next day you see it with big discount you also ask for the refund? I understand that unexpected sales sucks, but it's definitely not the reason to give you any refund. It's your choice to buy it or not. If you wanna stop playing because of it, it's your choice also.

    That... doesn't make sense.

    You eat the icecream and unless you.. puke it out i guess you can't just give it back. A better comparison would be with a piece of clothing.

    I understand that unexpected sales sucks, but it's definitely not the reason to give you any refund.

    People just feel robbed, beucase a new cosmetic came out and 2 days later it's on sale. Let's say a new piece of clothing came out and it costs x for 2 days but then it goes on sale. Wouldn't you feel bad and have less trust in buying things on the first day?

  • @PapaBless said:

    So if you bought ice cream and on the next day you see it with big discount you also ask for the refund? I understand that unexpected sales sucks, but it's definitely not the reason to give you any refund. It's your choice to buy it or not. If you wanna stop playing because of it, it's your choice also.

    Read this: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1706677/#Comment_1706677

    TLDR: The sales was a band aid fix for some players but a massive scummy move for other players.

  • That's like sayin: Yo on Black Friday I got this pants for 5$. But when it was released I payed about 40$. I wanna get refunded.


    This doesnt make any sense dude. Idk how much you spent but I bought between 250 and 300 skins. I own all DLCs and I also bought the battle pass. Do I complain about a idk 50% off for all DLCs or sth? No, because it doesnt make any sense at all.

  • @Akito said:

    That's like sayin: Yo on Black Friday I got this pants for 5$. But when it was released I payed about 40$. I wanna get refunded.

    This doesnt make any sense dude. Idk how much you spent but I bought between 250 and 300 skins. I own all DLCs and I also bought the battle pass. Do I complain about a idk 50% off for all DLCs or sth? No, because it doesnt make any sense at all.

    That's common sense. But when you buy a skin for 21k and some people bought it with Auric cells for HOURS later the prices goes down without no warning at all. Thats the whole point of the thread.

    And like me and other people said, some companies, even with their "no refund policy" still gives refunds for consumers that bought an item 1 or 2 days before a major sales was in place even if they announced which didn't happen is this specific occasion.

    Have a nice day.

  • @Akito said:

    That's like sayin: Yo on Black Friday I got this pants for 5$. But when it was released I payed about 40$. I wanna get refunded.

    This doesnt make any sense dude. Idk how much you spent but I bought between 250 and 300 skins. I own all DLCs and I also bought the battle pass. Do I complain about a idk 50% off for all DLCs or sth? No, because it doesnt make any sense at all.

    1. You know about Black Friday and can calculate your purchases

    2. You can expect new skins to sell out 2-3 months after their release but not 2 days. It's obviously.

  • @Mendax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708686#Comment_1708686

    1. You know about Black Friday and can calculate your purchases

    2. You can expect new skins to sell out 2-3 months after their release but not 2 days. It's obviously.

    and 3. We never had a Iridescent Shard sale. This was the first time.

  • @Hlidskialf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708686#Comment_1708686

    That's common sense. But when you buy a skin for 21k and some people bought it with Auric cells for HOURS later the prices goes down without no warning at all. Thats the whole point of the thread.

    And like me and other people said, some companies, even with their "no refund policy" still gives refunds for consumers that bought an item 1 or 2 days before a major sales was in place even if they announced which didn't happen is this specific occasion.

    Have a nice day.

    But theyre also gifting shards every day now til Nov 2nd. So you can easily buy another skin you like. Isn't that fair enough?

    If they wouldnt I mean I would get your point and say yea that wasnt the play tho.

    And I am sure there will be a redeemable code for some shards the next few days. But for the devs it's way to complex to make sure that specificly male sure you got joked on. Just sayin after 4 years they still cant release one single patch without tons of new bugs.

  • @Akito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708702#Comment_1708702

    But theyre also gifting shards every day now til Nov 2nd. So you can easily buy another skin you like. Isn't that fair enough?

    If they wouldnt I mean I would get your point and say yea that wasnt the play tho.

    And I am sure there will be a redeemable code for some shards the next few days. But for the devs it's way to complex to make sure that specificly male sure you got joked on. Just sayin after 4 years they still cant release one single patch without tons of new bugs.

    I made a big post on the 10th page but let me say it again.

    I lost 25600 with is 100 levels or 1 devotion. With the 10k back i'll still 15600 loss which is more than 50 levels or half a devotion.

    So yeah, i'm not going to be happy with the 10k. And a lot of people said that iri shard are FREE so you don't need to complain but well, yeah they are free so why they can't refund a FREE currency? hmm?

    That's all, i'm just trying to explain the clearly. Thanks.

  • @Akito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708702#Comment_1708702

    But theyre also gifting shards every day now til Nov 2nd. So you can easily buy another skin you like. Isn't that fair enough?

    If they wouldnt I mean I would get your point and say yea that wasnt the play tho.

    And I am sure there will be a redeemable code for some shards the next few days. But for the devs it's way to complex to make sure that specificly male sure you got joked on. Just sayin after 4 years they still cant release one single patch without tons of new bugs.

    is not fair.

    people who don't buy them early will have 1 free with the 9K from the dailys, + the discounted ones

    people who buy them early already lost more shards than 9K

    for example i bought two, wich means i paid 21K for each one, 43K in total

    without the price difference back, i lost 25K

    9K free is not enought, i still don't have anything free, i just lost shards in comparation with people who don't buy them early.

  • @Hlidskialf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708729#Comment_1708729

    I made a big post on the 10th page but let me say it again.

    I lost 25600 with is 100 levels or 1 devotion. With the 10k back i'll still 15600 loss which is more than 50 levels or half a devotion.

    So yeah, i'm not going to be happy with the 10k. And a lot of people said that iri shard are FREE so you don't need to complain but well, yeah they are free so why they can't refund a FREE currency? hmm?

    That's all, i'm just trying to explain the clearly. Thanks.

    Okay that's your point of view and it's also valid. But the point of view of devs is how to make sure that people who wants to get refunded don't try to cheat 'em.

    Look at Legacy. It's probably the most worst exclusive they've released ever. So many problems with that and people who earned it and lost it still did not get refunded because the devs wants a consitent functioning system to find out if you're right or not.

    And they don't have anything reliable.

    So the only way to find a compromise is to bind some shards to a redeemable code but this one would be for everyone and it wouldn't be as high as you want/need it to because it still would be for everyone.

    So the only way to mitigate is to ask very friendly for a public code with idk 4k shards and that would be for everyone an awesome thing.

    Asking for a refund won't do anything

  • and please stop deffending the Devs like if we are asking for free money


    we only want have the same treatment than the others, same skin price, not lost shards

    they don't lose anything giving us the price difference back, SHARDS CAN'T BE BOUGHT WITH MONEY, THEY ARE IMAGINARY, return them to us is just access to our accounts, and change a number.


    is not like we are asking for auric cells, or characters, just shards.


    also, if someone bought the felix skin with auric cells, they should atleast give him, 12.600 shards back like if him bought it with shards.



    so, that no one is asking for real money, just a fair threatment.


    tnx.

  • @Akito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708740#Comment_1708740

    Okay that's your point of view and it's also valid. But the point of view of devs is how to make sure that people who wants to get refunded don't try to cheat 'em.

    Look at Legacy. It's probably the most worst exclusive they've released ever. So many problems with that and people who earned it and lost it still did not get refunded because the devs wants a consitent functioning system to find out if you're right or not.

    And they don't have anything reliable.

    So the only way to find a compromise is to bind some shards to a redeemable code but this one would be for everyone and it wouldn't be as high as you want/need it to because it still would be for everyone.

    So the only way to mitigate is to ask very friendly for a public code with idk 4k shards and that would be for everyone an awesome thing.

    Asking for a refund won't do anything

    yes, but they already explained in these times they are unable to see when they was unlocked

    that problem already don't exist, they now have dedicated servers, they can check the purchase date, and return shards without errors.

  • @Akito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708740#Comment_1708740

    Okay that's your point of view and it's also valid. But the point of view of devs is how to make sure that people who wants to get refunded don't try to cheat 'em.

    Look at Legacy. It's probably the most worst exclusive they've released ever. So many problems with that and people who earned it and lost it still did not get refunded because the devs wants a consitent functioning system to find out if you're right or not.

    And they don't have anything reliable.

    So the only way to find a compromise is to bind some shards to a redeemable code but this one would be for everyone and it wouldn't be as high as you want/need it to because it still would be for everyone.

    So the only way to mitigate is to ask very friendly for a public code with idk 4k shards and that would be for everyone an awesome thing.

    Asking for a refund won't do anything

    Well, the refund is totally viable and would be the best for us and bhvr interests but due the history of bhvr this is almost impossible but i don't need to stop asking just because this.

    They just need to do something, release a statement saying they are not going to do anything because they can't or they don't what to, give the refunds and say is gonna take a little bit of time or just like you said give everybody more shards which i think is not going to happen because the new chapter will be released soon and if it is not licensed, people can use the shards to buy it and BHVR will make less money.

    It's up to them, we are just doing what we can for them to make what is morally right.

  • Hope this will be a good lesson for future "event" skins.

    Boycott is the answer.

  • Yeah, good luck getting new BHVR to part with even a single cent.

  • @PapaBless said:

    So if you bought ice cream and on the next day you see it with big discount you also ask for the refund? I understand that unexpected sales sucks, but it's definitely not the reason to give you any refund. It's your choice to buy it or not. If you wanna stop playing because of it, it's your choice also.

    Just read the rest of this thread to see why your arguement doesn't work.

    Also why even defend BHVR for this....

  • @jerakal said:

    Yeah, good luck getting new BHVR to part with even a single cent.

    They lose more money in the long run by making people fear buying things.

    Also doesn't help that people who bought 2skins aka they lost 25k shards are quitting since they basically got scammed out of 100+ hours of work.

  • @RocketPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708805#Comment_1708805

    They lose more money in the long run by making people fear buying things.

    Also doesn't help that people who bought 2skins aka they lost 25k shards are quitting since they basically got scammed out of 100+ hours of work.

    They'll be back. And BHVR will find more ways to nickel and dime us.

  • If they don't have a log with your purchase date, I'd be surprised. Be it bought for actual real money or shards, dropping a sale on such a short to try to not lose face in front of the community is an exceptional circumstance, and some people may have spent 9k shards instead of 10 bucks if given the choice.


    All in all they should have offered a full refund on the skin for people to chose what to do with the new price, that's the way I personally think it should have been approached with to show some respect for the player base and show some acknowledgement of their mistakes.

  • Whilst I appreciate the sentiment on this thread, I'm sorry but the information I have is that there are no refunds as per our EULA, any item purchased can go on sale at any time.

  • @Mandy said:

    Whilst I appreciate the sentiment on this thread, I'm sorry but the information I have is that there are no refunds as per our EULA, any item purchased can go on sale at any time.

    Just like items can go on sale at any time, the EULA also says that pay-to-win items can be added at any time.

    @Madjura said:

    For anyone saying "But the EULA allows it!":

    The EULA allows selling offerings that give survivors +10% movement speed.

    Or the ability for killers to walk through walls.

    Or a laser-flashlight that can kill the killer.

    Or a button in the basement that teleports survivors to hooks.

    Or any manner of pay-to-win options.

    The Game may, from time to time, feature virtual goods. Virtual goods include but are not limited to virtual items (characters, accessories, items such as “character customization”, power-ups), points, credits, tokens and currency (collectively, “Virtual Goods”) for use in the Game.

    Source: https://store.steampowered.com//eula/381210_eula_0 , emphasis mine.

    What I have listed above can be considered a power-up. The EULA says that power-ups may be sold. Therefore pay-to-win elements do not violate the EULA. Applying the logic that no one should complain because the EULA allows it: No one should complain about pay-to-win elements in the game.

    Just because the EULA allows it, does not mean that doing it is not a stupid idea. And it does not mean that the playerbase shouldn't fight back against it.

    Should we expect a killer-killing flashlight to be added soon?

  • @PapaBless said:

    So if you bought ice cream and on the next day you see it with big discount you also ask for the refund? I understand that unexpected sales sucks, but it's definitely not the reason to give you any refund. It's your choice to buy it or not. If you wanna stop playing because of it, it's your choice also.

    When the sale was never planed or advertised in the first place huge difference, almost if not nobody at all, even amongst the most dedicated players, would buy something instantly for shards when they know they can get it for more than 50% less the next day.


    If the sale WAS planned then they purposely scammed early buyers by not advertising it, no way around it.

  • @Mandy said:

    Whilst I appreciate the sentiment on this thread, I'm sorry but the information I have is that there are no refunds as per our EULA, any item purchased can go on sale at any time.

    I hope the EULA steps on a lego

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708990#Comment_1708990

    Just like items can go on sale at any time, the EULA also says that pay-to-win items can be added at any time.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1706405#Comment_1706405

    Should we expect a killer-killing flashlight to be added soon?

    Can't wait for the Star Wars update when you can be a jedi / sith chasing the killer's.

  • @Slunkster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708512#Comment_1708512

    When the sale was never planed or advertised in the first place huge difference, almost if not nobody at all, even amongst the most dedicated players, would buy something instantly for shards when they know they can get it for more than 50% less the next day.

    If the sale WAS planned then they purposely scammed early buyers by not advertising it, no way around it.

    In other words: Anyone who has bought the items before the sale started and is not refunded will lose a big chunk of trust in BHVR and that trust can never be regained by BHVR.

    They now have to ask themelves: What is more valuable, the trust from the playerbase or the money they lose by refunding those players? (While Iridescent Shards are not the same as AurIc Cells there is still some kind of implicit loss because people can buy skins with the refunded Shards which they then naturally will not spend Auric Cells on.)

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1709003#Comment_1709003

    In other words: Anyone who has bought the items before the sale started and is not refunded will lose a big chunk of trust in BHVR and that trust can never be regained by BHVR.

    They now have to ask themelves: What is more valuable, the trust from the playerbase or the money they lose by refunding those players? (While Iridescent Shards are not the same as AurIc Cells there is still some kind of implicit loss because people can buy skins with the refunded Shards which they then naturally will not spend Auric Cells on.)

    I fully agree, at this point it's a matter of momentary gain or long term client trust.

    Although the money they are getting right now is certainly real and more tangible than a potential increase or decrease in future sale.

    This is a video game and video community tend to have a high turn around in player base, hence making it likely that the long term impact be negligible at best.

  • @Mandy said:

    Whilst I appreciate the sentiment on this thread, I'm sorry but the information I have is that there are no refunds as per our EULA, any item purchased can go on sale at any time.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    I'm out. Good luck for ones who is staying.

  • @Mandy said:

    Whilst I appreciate the sentiment on this thread, I'm sorry but the information I have is that there are no refunds as per our EULA, any item purchased can go on sale at any time.

    If you want people to leave the game due to sheer frustration of being ripped off, this is a great way to do it.

    Regardless of what the EULA says, people got ripped off big time. If you choose to call upon the EULA to justify ripping off the community, some of the community will leave (on top of the people that have already left due to the frustration recently).

  • @Slunkster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1708999#Comment_1708999

    Can't wait for the Star Wars update when you can be a jedi / sith chasing the killer's.

    And anyone who complains about this will be shut down with "Well the EULA allows this, so actually you shouldn't complain."

    @Slunkster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1709012#Comment_1709012

    I fully agree, at this point it's a matter of momentary gain or long term client trust.

    Although the money they are getting right now is certainly real and more tangible than a potential increase or decrease in future sale.

    This is a video game and video community tend to have a high turn around in player base, hence making it likely that the long term impact be negligible at best.

    You're almost certainly right, but I think there is a slight chance that unhappy players (unhappy due to this situation with being denied a refund) will tell their friends about this, and those friends then don't buy the game. Maybe that spreads to friends-of-friends - "No, don't buy Dbd, X told me that they don't treat their players well and recently quit playing. Also they added pay-to-win items that turn everyone into Teletubbies, but their EULA allows that, so that's cool I guess."

    I really don't think that the discussion point "The EULA allows it" is really important at all. I don't think anyone is denying that the EULA allows it, but rather that it's still a bad decision that makes a lot of players unhappy. Just because the EULA allows it doesn't mean it has to be followed. If everyone who bought the skins before the sale is just given what they have spent as free currency then it's not a refund, and allowed by the EULA. A refund implies that the items are returned, if they are never returned then there is no refund.

  • Rule number one, Once you have their money never give it back.

  • I didn't buy any of the event cosmetics personally, but I did see them at full price on the day they were showcased on the store. I avoid purchasing these things with shards and/or cells because I figure they'd have some event currency, as the Eternal Blight event hadn't started yet. I don't agree with this kind of business practice, but I do think the people who bought them should've at least waited until the event was fully released before buying these outfits.

  • @BadDocter said:

    Rule number one, Once you have their money never give it back.

    see the things is shards aren't money. And people who got scammed from thier shards are just going to be less willing to buy things.

    Soooo uhh.......

  • @RocketPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1709089#Comment_1709089

    see the things is shards aren't money. And people who got scammed from thier shards are just going to be less willing to buy things.

    Soooo uhh.......

    Rule number 37,  You can always buy back a lost reputation.

  • @Mandy said:

    Whilst I appreciate the sentiment on this thread, I'm sorry but the information I have is that there are no refunds as per our EULA, any item purchased can go on sale at any time.

    Thank you for your response and empathy (I understand that you really sympathize).

    I hope that BHVR as a corporation understands the implications of this decision.

    Someone will leave the game forever.

    Someone will not take this as a loss or say "Unlucky" to themselves and continue to play and buy.

    Previously, someone bought DLC (including original ones) in Steam and other platforms and skins for auric cells (including those that they could buy for shards) for money (including on the day of release). Now they will only buy original characters and skins for shards, and will be waiting for licensed chapters on sale.

    Someone will continue to play, but will stop buying anything. 

    Nevertheless, I still hope for the best and BHVR will come up with something.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1709003#Comment_1709003

    In other words: Anyone who has bought the items before the sale started and is not refunded will lose a big chunk of trust in BHVR and that trust can never be regained by BHVR.

    They now have to ask themelves: What is more valuable, the trust from the playerbase or the money they lose by refunding those players? (While Iridescent Shards are not the same as AurIc Cells there is still some kind of implicit loss because people can buy skins with the refunded Shards which they then naturally will not spend Auric Cells on.)

    They lost my trust when they killed Eternal Crusade (rip) but I'm still here lol.

    I actually saw the enormous 27k shard cost and thought to myself "bugger that" and just bought the entire 3 piece blighted Nurse outfit for 900 Auric Cells.

    I bought it because I'm wasn't to know that her outfit was would be discounted to 9k shards or not? Even if it was discounted before I bought it I probably still would have shelled out actual cash for the outfit as at the time I had bugger all shards available and didn't know or expect they'd be giving us shards to purchase discounted outfits with and I didn't know weather or not the blighted outfits would remain purchasable with shards after the event expires.

    So I'm owning my decision and taking the hit regardless as I'm just grateful they put her outfit in the store for purchase at all as I was expecting never to have the opportunity to buy it at all.

    It's funny though as I'm more ok with losing actual money than I am losing shards which I worked my ass off to get lol.

  • @Tricks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1709012#Comment_1709012

    They lost my trust when they killed Eternal Crusade (rip) but I'm still here lol.

    I actually saw the enormous 27k shard cost and thought to myself "bugger that" and just bought the entire 3 piece blighted Nurse outfit for 900 Auric Cells.

    I bought it because I'm wasn't to know that her outfit was would be discounted to 9k shards or not? Even if it was discounted before I bought it I probably still would have shelled out actual cash for the outfit as at the time I had bugger all shards available and didn't know or expect they'd be giving us shards to purchase discounted outfits with and I didn't know weather or not the blighted outfits would remain purchasable with shards after the event expires.

    So I'm owning my decision and taking the hit regardless as I'm just grateful they put her outfit in the store for purchase at all as I was expecting never to have the opportunity to buy it at all.

    It's funny though as I'm more ok with losing actual money than I am losing shards which I worked my ass off to get lol.

    did the nurse thing also get discounted thought it was just the new skins?

  • @Mandy said:

    Whilst I appreciate the sentiment on this thread, I'm sorry but the information I have is that there are no refunds as per our EULA, any item purchased can go on sale at any time.

    I don't want refunds, i want compensation for wasted shards. It's a different thing right?

1 … 5 6 7 8