This Halloween event will be a joke

These are things I've heard so take them with a grain of salt. If these end up happening well, I guess you can read the title of this post.

1: Halloween skins will not be earnable, instead they will have to be bought.

2: There is no difference from the last event. Same as always, just a slight bloodpoint boost.

3: The new survivor add on can be used whenever the player wants after the event has ended, but the killer is limited to during the event ONLY. (Devs, your bias is showing)

If there are any I missed then this event will be a bigger joke than I thought.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689375#Comment_1689375

    It wasn't that bad. You just spent the first 2 minutes running around the map looking for the petals and then play normally again. I'm actually disappointed they didn't do it last year.

    Right? The Hallowed Blight was honestly the best time I've had in a DbD event. Sure there were flaws but it was a blast with friends.

    Edit: Also on topic, I kinda don't see a reason for killers to play this event. As Space Coconut has stated the Bp bonus is probably gonna be little to nothing, add on is limited time and messes with the killer power, and you can't earn outfits if the rumors are true. A really big shame.

  • @Mew said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689370#Comment_1689370

    idk, maybe one changes gameplay and power mechanics while the other is a status effect that’s already in the game

    knowing dbd, the serum add on would be constantly bugged and i doubt they’d wanna fix it everytime it happens

    Why would they need to bug fix an item that is only purchasable in the bloodweb for 2 weeks? After those 2 weeks any hording a killer does will eventually run out since they can't buy it after the event is over. And if the devs make a change to a killer that gets a different benefit from the addon the devs can put out a message stating that a player should use them before the change if they don't want a greyed out item.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689864#Comment_1689864

    Right? The Hallowed Blight was honestly the best time I've had in a DbD event. Sure there were flaws but it was a blast with friends.

    Edit: Also on topic, I kinda don't see a reason for killers to play this event. As Space Coconut has stated the Bp bonus is probably gonna be little to nothing, add on is limited time and messes with the killer power, and you can't earn outfits if the rumors are true. A really big shame.

    It was just something cool to do before doing gens. Loved the feeling when you got a full vial in one game lol

    Unfortunately killers during events only are really allowed to hook survivors. Killers should just use puddings or gateaus instead. The skins are shard buyable but no event currency unfortunately. So they've somehow made it even less worth while playing the event as killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689370#Comment_1689370

    How about the fact that this game used to be unbelievably broken in favor of survivor and since then killer has been steadily buffed? How about the fact that they have a strong economic incentive to make the game fun for both sides?

    I don't know anything about the event or what these add-ons even are. I'm just tired of constant unfounded claims of anti-killer bias.

    "Unfounded" 😂😂😂

  • @lowiq said:

    Maybe wait a few days for confirmed information before you get the circle jerk going?

    LOL

  • Really wish they wouldn't tie the event to the rift. DBD should have an amazing Halloween event since it's a horror based game but more I read about it the worse it seems. Non-horror games have better Halloween events going on that give way more of an incentive to play than DBD.

  • @bm33 said:

    Really wish they wouldn't tie the event to the rift. DBD should have an amazing Halloween event since it's a horror based game but more I read about it the worse it seems. Non-horror games have better Halloween events going on that give way more of an incentive to play than DBD.

    I wish that too but dev don't know what they doing anymore I don't think anyways.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689399#Comment_1689399

    These addons are only obtainable from a yearly event... how long would a supply of them last if a player used them in every match?

    I am not saying I am agreeing with this change, but pointing out the thought process that probably is taking place. What exactly does the survivor add on do?

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689424#Comment_1689424

    I am not saying I am agreeing with this change, but pointing out the thought process that probably is taking place. What exactly does the survivor add on do?

    It's an addon for medkits, and it gives the survivor being healed a 20 second speed boost. How big of a speed boost it will be is yet to be seen. If it's anywhere near sprint burst it will be beyond broken. If it's more like hope then no one will use it.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689785#Comment_1689785

    Here's a description of the killer add on.

    A small amount of Compound Thirty-Four, the final serum The Blight 

     worked on before his transformation. Causes extreme mutations in high doses.

    • Unlocks 1 Token to use on the Blighted Rush ability, which replaces your Killer Power until consumed.

    Press the Power button to initiate a Blighted Rush, allowing you to quickly dash forward, consuming 1 Token.

    • Cannot attack during a Blighted Rush.
    • 1 Token is recharged whenever a Survivor is hooked.
    • When used by The Blight 
    • , instead increases available Rush Tokens by 1.

    Blight Serum is only playable during the Eternal Blight Event.

    Imagine this mobility on bubba holy cows.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1690340#Comment_1690340

    It's an addon for medkits, and it gives the survivor being healed a 20 second speed boost. How big of a speed boost it will be is yet to be seen. If it's anywhere near sprint burst it will be beyond broken. If it's more like hope then no one will use it.

    I think you dont see the issue the problem is not the addon itself its the fact that the survivor addon can be use after the event but the killer addon cant be used after the event. Lets say i farm the halloween addon on the killer and i have 200 of them i need to use them before november 4 if i dont its a huge waste of BP. Now lets say i farm the the halloween addon on the survivor and i have 200 of them i can use them whenever i want i have no time limit and the BP i invest is not going to be waste. And that is the issue we have right now.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    These are things I've heard so take them with a grain of salt. If these end up happening well, I guess you can read the title of this post.

    1: Halloween skins will not be earnable, instead they will have to be bought.

    2: There is no difference from the last event. Same as always, just a slight bloodpoint boost.

    3: The new survivor add on can be used whenever the player wants after the event has ended, but the killer is limited to during the event ONLY. (Devs, your bias is showing)

    If there are any I missed then this event will be a bigger joke than I thought.

    The do not think and consume crowd will probably start whining too

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1690340#Comment_1690340

    It's an addon for medkits, and it gives the survivor being healed a 20 second speed boost. How big of a speed boost it will be is yet to be seen. If it's anywhere near sprint burst it will be beyond broken. If it's more like hope then no one will use it.

    If its more like hope then it would be fine that it stays but if it was sprint burst speed then it shouldnt even be an add on. The blight rush is awesome but it can easily be abused since it is the speed of billy with a predetermined distance.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689375#Comment_1689375

    It wasn't that bad. You just spent the first 2 minutes running around the map looking for the petals and then play normally again. I'm actually disappointed they didn't do it last year.

    In my experience every survivor fought over who got what then immediately killed themselves on the hook to get into another game faster. It was extremely poorly thought out.

    Imo event should never be more than gens/hooks at the most it should be like those crowns and if they are keep that crap in a seperate mode.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    These are things I've heard so take them with a grain of salt. If these end up happening well, I guess you can read the title of this post.

    1: Halloween skins will not be earnable, instead they will have to be bought.

    2: There is no difference from the last event. Same as always, just a slight bloodpoint boost.

    3: The new survivor add on can be used whenever the player wants after the event has ended, but the killer is limited to during the event ONLY. (Devs, your bias is showing)

    If there are any I missed then this event will be a bigger joke than I thought.

    Jokes on BHVR cause they wont be getting a dime out me skins or no skins. Theres money going at them from folks with paid exp and paid passes. Not to mention the whales that buy every new cosmetic that gets dropped. Not paying for individual cosmetics everytime they drop. Thats loony.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689864#Comment_1689864

    Right? The Hallowed Blight was honestly the best time I've had in a DbD event. Sure there were flaws but it was a blast with friends.

    Edit: Also on topic, I kinda don't see a reason for killers to play this event. As Space Coconut has stated the Bp bonus is probably gonna be little to nothing, add on is limited time and messes with the killer power, and you can't earn outfits if the rumors are true. A really big shame.

    Hallowed blight started just after I got the game and it was a hoot. Even people killing themselves after they were full (the sui rate really wasn't that different to a normal game though) even trappers and hags trapping the pustules. Twas a good time

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689864#Comment_1689864

    In my experience every survivor fought over who got what then immediately killed themselves on the hook to get into another game faster. It was extremely poorly thought out.

    Imo event should never be more than gens/hooks at the most it should be like those crowns and if they are keep that crap in a seperate mode.

    At the time I only played a 2 man swf. Very rarely did either of the 2 ransoms kill themselves or dc.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1690237#Comment_1690237

    Give me evidence, then. I struggle to see how balance would have moved gradually away from survivor since launch if the devs were biased and only listened to the majority. They also have a clear economic incentive not to be biased, because without killers queue times go through the roof for survivors and people stop playing.

    Youve been given evidence over and over again in these forums. If you dont see it by now its on you. And they do just enough to keep killers playing. Thats the only reason the game has gotten better. Killers leave, they scramble to fix something, killers come back. Rinse repeat.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/198869/this-halloween-event-will-be-a-joke

    If No.3 is true then I'd love to hear arguments from people who think the devs aren't survivor biased

    I mean the 4th year event allowed killers to get the crown no matter what and survivors had to escape. This allowed killers to grab the crown and camp any survivors who have it also. Is that killer biased? Genuine question.

  • The survivor addon is pretty bland and simple in comparison to the killer offering, all the survivor item does is increase repair speed for a few seconds while the offering can replace a killer's inherent power. Personally I would prefer both items didn't have a event restriction, but I see the rationale behind the decision.


    They probably don't want to have new players in 6 months time asking why and how this one Huntress dashed and hit them, false reporting, etc. Because you know that will happen

  • @BlueFang said:

    The survivor addon is pretty bland and simple in comparison to the killer offering, all the survivor item does is increase repair speed for a few seconds while the offering can replace a killer's inherent power. Personally I would prefer both items didn't have a event restriction, but I see the rationale behind the decision.

    They probably don't want to have new players in 6 months time asking why and how this one Huntress dashed and hit them, false reporting, etc. Because you know that will happen

    did you just call 20 seconds a "Few"?? Do you realize how big of a difference 20 seconds (HELL even 11 seconds) can make in a match?

    Edit: Just noticed you said it "increased repair speed". It doesn't increase repair speed, it increases movement speed.

  • I don't know why I wrote repair speed my head's all kablooey, lol


    Yeah its a semi cheese add-on. Yes, it will probably be crazy strong in the hands of someone who knows how to use sprint burst and with the right situation. But to be honest I'm not that worried if its strong or just prevalent I'll bring Franklin's Demise, put on the item disarm addon when I'm playing Bubba, etc. It'll be strong in all likelihood but not a guaranteed win button

    I'll take a vague "Moderate movement speed increase" over something like launch Mettle of Man, now THAT right there was an unfun time

  • @NursesBootie said:

    Yo maybe the killer addons give a HUGE unbalanced advantage? Just sayin.

    Tried them out, pretty meh

  • Cant wait to deal with this stupid addon for a year or two. On top of tools survivors already have to help them. I mean if its really gonna give 7% boost like Hope, and it stays after the event, whats the point of playing killer? Like Dead Hard to a pallet buying 20+ more seconds in a chase wasnt enough, now they can run around some tile for another 20 seconds. Meanwhile every 20 seconds = 60 seconds on gen progress.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689399#Comment_1689399

    These addons are only obtainable from a yearly event... how long would a supply of them last if a player used them in every match?

    Some players will stockpile them, and saved them even more with black wards, really its annoying how everyone is complaining so much about this. I see no issues with how they are doing this little event. i am happy to see a opportunity for more bp and to see both new add ons in play. I agree with the fact that the killer add on might deserve to be limited to event only because it could be game breaking on certain killers for all we know. There is a bit more to think about then just crying like a child. Like ALL i am seeing right now is players crying why does Johnny get a lolipop and I don’t?? Killer main btw. ((I’m not responding to any replies I’m just throwing this out there.)

  • Okay, i can't tell rn, because i didn't played the PTB.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1693658#Comment_1693658

    Okay, i can't tell rn, because i didn't played the PTB.

    It might be ok on some killers like ghostface while his power is on cooldown but otherwise it kinda sucks

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689512#Comment_1689512

    Survivors have an addon for medkits that when used, the survivor being healed gets a 20 second speed boost. Killer gets an addon that gives them a blight rush, which they cannot attack during. Both addons give a spead boost. The problem is that the survivors can use theirs as long as they have the addon, where as the killer can ONLY use theirs DURING the event. These are both event addons so why is it that the survivors can use theirs months after the event is finished, where as the killer gets a greyed out unusable addon?

    20 sec speed boost? That's gonna be something. I'm not looking forward to it if it happens.

  • @Buttercake said:

    Killers could just join a game and find The Entitys flame to earn the halo, survivours had to find AND survive while glowing brightly! but Killers Halloween event item being limited shows bias. 🤔 Did The anniversay event show the survivour bias...

    pfft.

    Your right. I never thought of that. However, this survivor add on is way different than a cosmetic plus it gives power. Completely different scenerio.

  • If the Event really is just about the very few halloween items and bloodpoint grinding I'm out this year and play Modern Warefare, did you guys see what awesome stuff is going on in Verdansk? Hidden JumpScares in Chests, Ghosts that appear once in a while, tons of cosmetics to earn, dang they also got a Leatherface and a Saw cosmetic in store...

    And here we get an Event tied to a Rift? Really? With nothing special but tons of stressed players that try hard to finish their challenges?

    Come on...

    I mean THIS is the Horror game... not Call of Duty....

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689370#Comment_1689370

    I mean the 4th year event allowed killers to get the crown no matter what and survivors had to escape. This allowed killers to grab the crown and camp any survivors who have it also. Is that killer biased? Genuine question.

    That makes no sense, that's some pretty intense mental gymnastics there. What does killers camping survivors has to do with poorly made items for the event?

  • @ThePolice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1693746#Comment_1693746

    It might be ok on some killers like ghostface while his power is on cooldown but otherwise it kinda sucks

    Just used the new addon on ghostface, you can't stalk until you get rid of the blighted rush. Not to mention it slows you down a lot at the end of said rush

  • @Hex_Stalk you were right about everything.... 😢 +cries+

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1691110#Comment_1691110

    That makes no sense, that's some pretty intense mental gymnastics there. What does killers camping survivors has to do with poorly made items for the event?

    Because the killers got the event item no matter what and the survivors couldnt. This allowed killers to play like absolute ass holes.

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689424#Comment_1689424

    Some players will stockpile them, and saved them even more with black wards, really its annoying how everyone is complaining so much about this. I see no issues with how they are doing this little event. i am happy to see a opportunity for more bp and to see both new add ons in play. I agree with the fact that the killer add on might deserve to be limited to event only because it could be game breaking on certain killers for all we know. There is a bit more to think about then just crying like a child. Like ALL i am seeing right now is players crying why does Johnny get a lolipop and I don’t?? Killer main btw. ((I’m not responding to any replies I’m just throwing this out there.)

    The killer addon is not worth being limited. It's a blight rush, you can't attack during it or at the end of it, you also get slowed down a lot when the rush ends. Majority of killers (If not all, I haven't tried many) can't use their powers until the rush token is gone. Ghostface can't stalk while he has a token, Doctor can't shock you unless it's static blast, Clown can't throw bottles, etc, etc. the addon can be more of a hindrance depending on if you use it right away or not.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695832#Comment_1695832

    Because the killers got the event item no matter what and the survivors couldnt. This allowed killers to play like absolute ass holes.

    Yes, compare a cosmetic item to an addon that you can get in abundance from the bloodweb and can have an ACTUAL impact on gameplay. That's big brain there Azame.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695832#Comment_1695832

    Because the killers got the event item no matter what and the survivors couldnt. This allowed killers to play like absolute ass holes.

    Pretty sure they forced survivors to escape with the crown in order to get the cosmetic so that survivors don't kill themself on the hook the moment they got the crown.

    (Similiar problem with the first blight event)

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695850#Comment_1695850

    Yes, compare a cosmetic item to an addon that you can get in abundance from the bloodweb and can have an ACTUAL impact on gameplay. That's big brain there Azame.

    I'm comparing the mechanics. We are talking about survivor sided events. That was a pretty killer sided one if you ask me.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695850#Comment_1695850

    Pretty sure they forced survivors to escape with the crown in order to get the cosmetic so that survivors don't kill themself on the hook the moment they got the crown.

    (Similiar problem with the first blight event)

    I mean sure but still killer sided. They get it no matter what even a straight loss 0k.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1693718#Comment_1693718

    The killer addon is not worth being limited. It's a blight rush, you can't attack during it or at the end of it, you also get slowed down a lot when the rush ends. Majority of killers (If not all, I haven't tried many) can't use their powers until the rush token is gone. Ghostface can't stalk while he has a token, Doctor can't shock you unless it's static blast, Clown can't throw bottles, etc, etc. the addon can be more of a hindrance depending on if you use it right away or not.

    They did this so Survivors can't just grab it and kill themselves

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695871#Comment_1695871

    I mean sure but still killer sided. They get it no matter what even a straight loss 0k.

    I got ALL Killer crowns in 1 day...EZ! 👻

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695863#Comment_1695863

    I'm comparing the mechanics. We are talking about survivor sided events. That was a pretty killer sided one if you ask me.

    We aren't talking about mechanics, we are talking about items that can directly impact a match and how one is limited while the other isn't.

    These addons are pretty survivor sided, given that (I'm going off console controls here) Any ability that requires L2 to use, Clown bottles, huntress hatchets, doctors shock, stalking on Ghostace and Michael, aiming with deathslinger, etc, all those are unusable until AFTER you use the blight rush. During said blight rush you can't attack along with a big slowdown, as well as a cooldown before you can attack again, meaning half of the distance you gained is lost. But survivors just have to heal you and use the item and you get a free 20 second speedboost that is closer to a Sprint Burst than it is Hope.

    And you're talking about a cosmetic item.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689399#Comment_1689399

    These addons are only obtainable from a yearly event... how long would a supply of them last if a player used them in every match?

    You underestimate the power of someone grinding they're are people with hundred of cakes from the year 4 event

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695878#Comment_1695878

    We aren't talking about mechanics, we are talking about items that can directly impact a match and how one is limited while the other isn't.

    These addons are pretty survivor sided, given that (I'm going off console controls here) Any ability that requires L2 to use, Clown bottles, huntress hatchets, doctors shock, stalking on Ghostace and Michael, aiming with deathslinger, etc, all those are unusable until AFTER you use the blight rush. During said blight rush you can't attack along with a big slowdown, as well as a cooldown before you can attack again, meaning half of the distance you gained is lost. But survivors just have to heal you and use the item and you get a free 20 second speedboost that is closer to a Sprint Burst than it is Hope.

    And you're talking about a cosmetic item.

    Bad choice of words. Also the flashlight one doesnt impact the match its merely a cosmetic add on.

    The blight rush is really good I have used it. It's good on alot of killers. I think the only one it isnt good on is hag. Also the survivor add on is only 5% for 20 seconds. It really is not that noticeable to be honest. They also have to be injured to use it. I fail to see how it's closer to sprint burst when sprint burst is 50% but sure exaggerate for your argument.

    One more thing the blighted rush isnt that big of a cooldown. You should really be using it to get move around the map faster and catch up to survivors.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695871#Comment_1695871

    I mean sure but still killer sided. They get it no matter what even a straight loss 0k.

    But if the killer catches nobody then everybody can get a crown,no?

  • This is the proof of time travel we always needed.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695890#Comment_1695890

    But if the killer catches nobody then everybody can get a crown,no?

    I mean that's assuming the killer is extremely bad. An average killer can definetly catch someone and hard camp.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695975#Comment_1695975

    I mean that's assuming the killer is extremely bad. An average killer can definetly catch someone and hard camp.

    And in that time 3 or at the very least 2 survivors should be able to escape very easily.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695988#Comment_1695988

    And in that time 3 or at the very least 2 survivors should be able to escape very easily.

    That is not my point. It's about being able to deny survivors the event cosmetic.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695994#Comment_1695994

    That is not my point. It's about being able to deny survivors the event cosmetic.

    This was my first outcry on the forum. Grabbing the flame made you easy to see by Killers...why? Why add that feature? So Killers can see you easier???

    Everyone was crying..why cant we glow if a character that has already unlocked a crown just glow if they keep taking flames...? Because in this instance it was Killer sided.

1 2 3