All I want for Christmas is...

For moris to get nerfed/removed. I made a post a couple months ago about how moris should be reworked and a dev replied saying that they would look into fixing keys and moris sometime. I just hope that it doesn’t take until next year for them to do this. As someone that played only SWF and now only plays solo que, moris are so so broken... I get so sick and tired and occasionally make a deep sigh ever time I see that black offering on the offering screen to the point where I just dodge them now. I don’t wanna explain into this to much but yeah I think that keys are unfair as well but you need to do a certain amount of gens and have a certain amount of survivors alive in order to use them. But please devs, hopefully you can rework moris soon.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It's not even November

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    It's not even November

    Knowing the devs, they won’t look into it til 2023. Does it really matter that we’re still in October?

  • Sigh, I expected you to accompany this post with a Christmas Song by Mariah Carey

  • I really don’t feel like repeating myself but I will



    Devs are looking into moris at the moment, they are harder to balance than you think as the “2 hook then mori” will make them useless

  • @EntitledMyersMain said:

    Sigh, I expected you to accompany this post with a Christmas Song by Mariah Carey

    I was exactly getting my hopes up for that too...

  • @Hoodied said:

    I really don’t feel like repeating myself but I will

    Devs are looking into moris at the moment, they are harder to balance than you think as the “2 hook then mori” will make them useless

    Finally someone gets it.

  • @EntitledMyersMain said:

    Sigh, I expected you to accompany this post with a Christmas Song by Mariah Carey

    That song makes me want to BE Mori'd.

  • All I want for Christmas is a day off and a cold 6-pack.

    I don't ask for a lot.

  • I proposed in a few other threads and I'll drop it here:

    Moris should activate based on # of Gens completed. 1 Gen = 1 Mori for green and pink. Yellow is fine where it is.

    I agree with the consensus that keys should limit the number of survivors that can escape, but it would need some way to keep the "Where did they go" Achievement viable (all 4 escape through hatch). maybe pink key lets 4 escape and purple key lets 1 escape? Also, since playing a key is a near guarantee to have the killer bring a mori just go ahead and make a key holder moriable (except green keys)

  • All i want for christmas is for devs to reenable mmr

  • @EntitledMyersMain said:

    Sigh, I expected you to accompany this post with a Christmas Song by Mariah Carey

    Get out of my head.

  • @Hoodied said:

    I really don’t feel like repeating myself but I will

    Devs are looking into moris at the moment, they are harder to balance than you think as the “2 hook then mori” will make them useless

    I disagree. 2 hook Moris would allow you to bypass DS. It’ll be better if they removed the mori offering and just made it basekit if they go this route.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1678845#Comment_1678845

    I disagree. 2 hook Moris would allow you to bypass DS. It’ll be better if they removed the mori offering and just made it basekit if they go this route.

    2 Hook mori's would make mori's weaker than the third hook as the third hook is safer than the mori

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    For moris to get nerfed/removed. I made a post a couple months ago about how moris should be reworked and a dev replied saying that they would look into fixing keys and moris sometime. I just hope that it doesn’t take until next year for them to do this. As someone that played only SWF and now only plays solo que, moris are so so broken... I get so sick and tired and occasionally make a deep sigh ever time I see that black offering on the offering screen to the point where I just dodge them now. I don’t wanna explain into this to much but yeah I think that keys are unfair as well but you need to do a certain amount of gens and have a certain amount of survivors alive in order to use them. But please devs, hopefully you can rework moris soon.

    So sorry my friend, but as many of us know, it is always a Mori Christmas! I would recommend not playing on Christmas day, although it may last about a week.

    And @PigMainClaudette Throw in some Bourbon and you have a perfect Christmas there!

  • I don't want a lot for Christmas

    There is just one thing I need

    I don't care about the presents

    Underneath the Christmas tree

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true oh

    All I want for Christmas is you

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    There is just one thing I need, and I

    Don't care about the presents

    Underneath the Christmas tree

    I don't need to hang my stocking

    There upon the fireplace

    Santa Claus won't make me happy

    With a toy on Christmas day

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true

    All I want for Christmas is you

    I won't ask for much this Christmas

    I won't even wish for snow, and I

    I just wanna keep on waiting

    Underneath the mistletoe

    I won't make a list and send it

    To the North Pole for Saint Nick

    I won't even stay awake

    To hear those magic reindeer click

    'Cause I just want you here tonight

    Holding on to me so tight

    What more can I do

    Oh, Baby all I want for Christmas is you

    All the lights are shining

    So brightly everywhere

    And the sound of children's

    Laughter fills the air

    And everyone is singing

    I hear those sleigh bells ringing

    Santa won't you bring me

    The one I really need

    Won't you please bring my baby to me quickly

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    This is all I'm asking for

    I just wanna see my baby

    Standing right outside my door

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true

    Baby all I want for Christmas is you

    All I want for Christmas is you, baby

  • @Zani22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1679370#Comment_1679370

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    There is just one thing I need

    I don't care about the presents

    Underneath the Christmas tree

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true oh

    All I want for Christmas is you

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    There is just one thing I need, and I

    Don't care about the presents

    Underneath the Christmas tree

    I don't need to hang my stocking

    There upon the fireplace

    Santa Claus won't make me happy

    With a toy on Christmas day

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true

    All I want for Christmas is you

    I won't ask for much this Christmas

    I won't even wish for snow, and I

    I just wanna keep on waiting

    Underneath the mistletoe

    I won't make a list and send it

    To the North Pole for Saint Nick

    I won't even stay awake

    To hear those magic reindeer click

    'Cause I just want you here tonight

    Holding on to me so tight

    What more can I do

    Oh, Baby all I want for Christmas is you

    All the lights are shining

    So brightly everywhere

    And the sound of children's

    Laughter fills the air

    And everyone is singing

    I hear those sleigh bells ringing

    Santa won't you bring me

    The one I really need

    Won't you please bring my baby to me quickly

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    This is all I'm asking for

    I just wanna see my baby

    Standing right outside my door

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true

    Baby all I want for Christmas is you

    All I want for Christmas is you, baby

    This activated my Fight or Flight, I am definitely choosing flight, why did you have to remind me of this already

  • Along with keys too. Moris and keys need nerfs

  • @Zani22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1679370#Comment_1679370

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    There is just one thing I need

    I don't care about the presents

    Underneath the Christmas tree

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true oh

    All I want for Christmas is you

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    There is just one thing I need, and I

    Don't care about the presents

    Underneath the Christmas tree

    I don't need to hang my stocking

    There upon the fireplace

    Santa Claus won't make me happy

    With a toy on Christmas day

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true

    All I want for Christmas is you

    I won't ask for much this Christmas

    I won't even wish for snow, and I

    I just wanna keep on waiting

    Underneath the mistletoe

    I won't make a list and send it

    To the North Pole for Saint Nick

    I won't even stay awake

    To hear those magic reindeer click

    'Cause I just want you here tonight

    Holding on to me so tight

    What more can I do

    Oh, Baby all I want for Christmas is you

    All the lights are shining

    So brightly everywhere

    And the sound of children's

    Laughter fills the air

    And everyone is singing

    I hear those sleigh bells ringing

    Santa won't you bring me

    The one I really need

    Won't you please bring my baby to me quickly

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    This is all I'm asking for

    I just wanna see my baby

    Standing right outside my door

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true

    Baby all I want for Christmas is you

    All I want for Christmas is you, baby

    images (19).jpeg


  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    For moris to get nerfed/removed. I made a post a couple months ago about how moris should be reworked and a dev replied saying that they would look into fixing keys and moris sometime. I just hope that it doesn’t take until next year for them to do this. As someone that played only SWF and now only plays solo que, moris are so so broken... I get so sick and tired and occasionally make a deep sigh ever time I see that black offering on the offering screen to the point where I just dodge them now. I don’t wanna explain into this to much but yeah I think that keys are unfair as well but you need to do a certain amount of gens and have a certain amount of survivors alive in order to use them. But please devs, hopefully you can rework moris soon.

    I give you Mori and you give me Keys deal? More over you can still use broken key or more over you can use all keys but cant open hatch with em deal?

  • A cooler killer than Blight

  • @Zani22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1679370#Comment_1679370

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    There is just one thing I need

    I don't care about the presents

    Underneath the Christmas tree

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true oh

    All I want for Christmas is you

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    There is just one thing I need, and I

    Don't care about the presents

    Underneath the Christmas tree

    I don't need to hang my stocking

    There upon the fireplace

    Santa Claus won't make me happy

    With a toy on Christmas day

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true

    All I want for Christmas is you

    I won't ask for much this Christmas

    I won't even wish for snow, and I

    I just wanna keep on waiting

    Underneath the mistletoe

    I won't make a list and send it

    To the North Pole for Saint Nick

    I won't even stay awake

    To hear those magic reindeer click

    'Cause I just want you here tonight

    Holding on to me so tight

    What more can I do

    Oh, Baby all I want for Christmas is you

    All the lights are shining

    So brightly everywhere

    And the sound of children's

    Laughter fills the air

    And everyone is singing

    I hear those sleigh bells ringing

    Santa won't you bring me

    The one I really need

    Won't you please bring my baby to me quickly

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    This is all I'm asking for

    I just wanna see my baby

    Standing right outside my door

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true

    Baby all I want for Christmas is you

    All I want for Christmas is you, baby

    See OP? That's all I wanted to see. Is that hard?

  • @Hoodied said:

    I really don’t feel like repeating myself but I will

    Devs are looking into moris at the moment, they are harder to balance than you think as the “2 hook then mori” will make them useless

    It would literally allow them to circumvent sabo, DS, pallet saves, flashlight saves. Far from useless.

  • Let's hope that the devs will change it in 4.4.0 PTB (Chapter 18th) in the end of November-beginning of the December...

    But IMO we probably will see it in 4.5.0 PTB (Mid-patch) in the end of the January-beggining of the February.

  • +1

    At least the Ebony Mori should go or have it's power changed. Killing one survivor gives more then enough edge to make a 4k. Personally i have used Mori in like 3 matches and ever since i am sitting on a big pile of them and just don't use them. It is cheap and spoils the fun for the survivors. At the same time it brings nothing for the killers in terms of BP or PIP to use Moris. Would be interesting to know why people use it at all and i think the main reason is frustration because of bad MM. The game design of this piece of art makes me scratch my head.

  • @EntitledMyersMain said:

    Sigh, I expected you to accompany this post with a Christmas Song by Mariah Carey

    Untitled Image


  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    For moris to get nerfed/removed. I made a post a couple months ago about how moris should be reworked and a dev replied saying that they would look into fixing keys and moris sometime. I just hope that it doesn’t take until next year for them to do this. As someone that played only SWF and now only plays solo que, moris are so so broken... I get so sick and tired and occasionally make a deep sigh ever time I see that black offering on the offering screen to the point where I just dodge them now. I don’t wanna explain into this to much but yeah I think that keys are unfair as well but you need to do a certain amount of gens and have a certain amount of survivors alive in order to use them. But please devs, hopefully you can rework moris soon.

    All I wish for Christmas is Nerf DS or delete it.

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    All i want for christmas is for devs to reenable mmr

    Nerf DS

  • @Thatgurl_again said:

    Along with keys too. Moris and keys need nerfs

    Ds too

  • @Hoodied said:

    I really don’t feel like repeating myself but I will

    Devs are looking into moris at the moment, they are harder to balance than you think as the “2 hook then mori” will make them useless

    pretty much this also it horror game HORROR you knoiw tho movie that have dumb teen getting killed all the time.

  • @Zani22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1679370#Comment_1679370

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    There is just one thing I need

    I don't care about the presents

    Underneath the Christmas tree

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true oh

    All I want for Christmas is you

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    There is just one thing I need, and I

    Don't care about the presents

    Underneath the Christmas tree

    I don't need to hang my stocking

    There upon the fireplace

    Santa Claus won't make me happy

    With a toy on Christmas day

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true

    All I want for Christmas is you

    I won't ask for much this Christmas

    I won't even wish for snow, and I

    I just wanna keep on waiting

    Underneath the mistletoe

    I won't make a list and send it

    To the North Pole for Saint Nick

    I won't even stay awake

    To hear those magic reindeer click

    'Cause I just want you here tonight

    Holding on to me so tight

    What more can I do

    Oh, Baby all I want for Christmas is you

    All the lights are shining

    So brightly everywhere

    And the sound of children's

    Laughter fills the air

    And everyone is singing

    I hear those sleigh bells ringing

    Santa won't you bring me

    The one I really need

    Won't you please bring my baby to me quickly

    I don't want a lot for Christmas

    This is all I'm asking for

    I just wanna see my baby

    Standing right outside my door

    I just want you for my own

    More than you could ever know

    Make my wish come true

    Baby all I want for Christmas is you

    All I want for Christmas is you, baby

    Every retail worker in a 10 mile radius just shivered in disgust

  • @Hoodied said:

    I really don’t feel like repeating myself but I will

    Devs are looking into moris at the moment, they are harder to balance than you think as the “2 hook then mori” will make them useless

    Ebony moris let you kill 1 survivor after they've been hooked once.

    Ivory Mori only lets you kill 1 survivor after every survivor has already been hooked


    That wasn't so hard, was it?

  • They are trying to do it through dlc.. the problem is mories are already in the game. :/

  • I'm a killer main and agree that moris should be changed. First, I don't like games over in five seconds which is why I have 27 ebony moris on my Pig/25 on my Doc and don't plan on using them any time soon. Second, I don't like survivors leaving the match when they don't see the offering flip over. Third, I also play a lot of survivor and know how annoying it is to get mori'd. However, I think the one thing survivor mains leave out a lot because they don't like it is that if they change moris, they'll do the same keys. Since they are both designed to end matches faster.

    Personally I think that in order to use a mori at least 2 generators need to be done and the survivor needs to be on death hook in order to be used. Exceptions for the Cypress Mori because it's fine as is and Hex: Devour Hope.

    I propose the generators at the least because the hatch can spawn at 2 gens if 2 survivors left and 1 gen if 3 survivors are left. If keys have a limit of when they can be used tied to amount of generators, then the moris should too. It's only fair in my opinion. I'm not sure if that work, but that's just my opinion.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1678845#Comment_1678845

    Ebony moris let you kill 1 survivor after they've been hooked once.

    Ivory Mori only lets you kill 1 survivor after every survivor has already been hooked

    That wasn't so hard, was it?

    Ebony promotes tunneling, and yet again nobody will use Ivory


    Try again

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1680883#Comment_1680883

    Ebony promotes tunneling, and yet again nobody will use Ivory

    Try again

    And people not using an offering is a problem....how again? And the entire game promotes tunnelling at this point, it's a valid strategy according to the devs so this would like up perfectly with their values. Ivory still has a super strong effect, you just have to play the game a bit before you get to use it to win. Might not be yours or some other certain people's cup of tea but this would still be a good offering. It's not supposed to win you games, it's an offering for Christ's sake.


    Or we can change ebony to let you kill up to 2 people after everyone has been hooked. Again, not what someone with a tunnelling playstyle wants to hear but this would be almost a fair offering.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681060#Comment_1681060

    And people not using an offering is a problem....how again? And the entire game promotes tunnelling at this point, it's a valid strategy according to the devs so this would like up perfectly with their values. Ivory still has a super strong effect, you just have to play the game a bit before you get to use it to win. Might not be yours or some other certain people's cup of tea but this would still be a good offering. It's not supposed to win you games, it's an offering for Christ's sake.

    Or we can change ebony to let you kill up to 2 people after everyone has been hooked. Again, not what someone with a tunnelling playstyle wants to hear but this would be almost a fair offering.

    If people are not using an offering, that is a wasted purchase on the BW and you would be using alot more BP cause of it. Also this game doesn't promote tunneling as if I am correct, Dying Light's old form was a tunnel heavy perk and was changed to the current one

  • Anyone asking for nerfed DS is a tunneler it's useless I use Ooo over DS