What's your favorite underated perk?
I don't like to use what's considered "meta builds". I understand that some perks are certainly more useful and powerful than others, but going with what's popular isn't what I necessarily find fun.
For survivor I've always found value in Small Game. It combines really well with Inner Strength, and knowing where totems always are is a great counter to Undying.
For killer I enjoy Bloodhound. I know that it's considered a beginner perk, but with Iron Will being heavily used these days, it's the perfect counter to sneaky quiet survivors. For me, it's quite possibly the best tracking perk in DBD.
Comments
Repressed alliance. Denies nerfed pop and saves 18% ruin regression. Useful if you need to heal each other or go for a save.
Stake Out. I just feel...consistently great when using it.
Alert it's very nice to have a perk to let you know where the killer is sometimes
For killer: Hex: 3rd Seal.
For survivor: Break Out - even more great if you have a sabo buddy.
Kindred, seriously Solos should run this more
Surge for (some) Killers, I´m liking it more the more I run it
That's another oldie but goodie!
I definitely agree with Kindred. Plus it also combines really well with WGLF for those safe unhook stacks!
I think my favorite underrated perk is Deerstalker. It saves a surprising amount of time finding dying survivors who've crawled away while I chase someone else (or when I chase someone else and accidentally forget where you downed the other person, oops!) And the aura helps me keep track of the downed survivor's location to watch for someone else coming in to revive them. And of course it completely negates any situation that causes survivors to be silent on the ground. It's one of my go to perks to fill out my fourth slot on pretty much any killer.
Also I agree with the original poster on Bloodhound. I actually like Bloodhound better than Nurse's Calling on a lot of killers since it works on any injured survivor, even when they're just crouching around the map. Once you see a blood trail with it it's extremely easy to find and chase the survivor. Plus with some killers and some survivor groups the survivors simply don't do the Heal action, either because they're intentionally staying injured or because they have other ways to heal that Nurse's Calling doesn't detect (e.g. Plague's fountains, Inner Strength) and Bloodhound is better in those situations as well.
Kindred. People are always just too proud to run it, or they just can't make room from the new hottest meta
Spies from the Shadows!
From what I’ve read on the forums, Whispers seems to be far more popular than Spies, which I why I posted about it on this thread. I’ve tried Whispers a few times, but could never get much value from it. Prolly just my play style, but Spies works so much better for me!
I like Spies because:
Anyway, that’s it off the top of my head, though there have been a great many situations that it’s been vital for me!
Spies definitely has value, but there are some levels where the crows are few and far between, which is why I like Bloodhound. Nothing like bright neon splotches to lead you directly to a survivor's location!
I dont think Kindred is underrated by anybody so i am surprised to see people saying that
For me i really like Dance With Me, so satisfying when you know it just helped you give the killer the slip
Blood warden, one hook at the end of the game and I’ve won. Perfect for being an ace in the hole after a hard fought game or snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.
The reason we think its underrated isn't because its actually underrated, but because its insanely underutilized.
But there are also still people to this day that havent bothered to see the changes where you get the benefits when anyone is hooked. Its amazing how often it needs explaining because they always assume its still just "while you're on the hook"
Blood Pact for me. It's just generally useful as an Aura Perk with the bonus of creating an Obsession if no one brings DS
Surveillance. It gives you SO MUCH information! And survivors never expect it!
Windows of Oppertunity
Often seen as a newbie perk and people are too proud to run it but you'll never run into death zones again. Knowing which tiles have been used up by a teammate is also very valuable.
Mostly for solo'sofcourse but hey
Leader. Especially for Exit Gates.
Pebble a locker, window, gen. Or a self-caring Clodette.
Quick and Quiet and Head On <3
Open-Handed! When I get tired of DS and such I run Open-Handed, Bond, Kindred, Windows of Opportunity..so fun aura build and it's really good.
I feel like Empathy gets undervalued, but maybe it's more helpful to me because I'm solo queue. Your teammates usually get injured while they're being chased, so it can let you see where the chase is happening, and move around accordingly.
Well, mine used to be Surveillance, but it got "fixed." Maybe... Alert?
I would have went with Surveillance too if it weren´t for the fact fully regressed gens turned red again now. Such a shame. Still run it occasionally though.
I personally like empathy too. Sometimes I like to play the "medic" on my team so I'll run an appropriate build that suits that.
Spies is a great perk. Used to run it on Billy quite often and once it would go off, I'd rev my saw walking the opposite direction and turn around toward them at the last second. Got a fun saw hit a few times, but if nothing else, I imagine I gave the survivor a scare lol
Dark devotion for sure
Killer - Surveillance
Survivor - Soul Guard
I don't know if this counts but I really like detectives hunch. If I can find totems and take them out, obvious hex or not I get points and it fights against NOED
and soul guard. is good too.
Distortion for Survivors, Spies from the shadows for Killers (RNG dipendent, but many Survivors don't expect it).
I have to agree, I've been using Bloodhound on Wraith alot more recently and it is soooooo easy to track down survivors even after your attention goes somewhere else. Basically bright red arrows leading me to my prey.
Survivor: Autodidact
Killer: Make Your Choice
Ace in the Hole for survivor. Being able to keep your add-ons is something I really like when I have a good item brought into a trial or if I find a good setup. Combo this with Plunderer's and you'll find some sweet loot.
Second wind :p
My favorite underrated perk will always be Dying Light.
It was reportedly nerfed sometime ago, but when it gets rooted in there, man, it goes HARD.
stake out, lucky break, and red herring