For Other Nurse Mains...

Why do you tunnel intentionally because you can just down them again? Playing against her more because of crossplay has opened my eyes to what most nurses do. I can understand it if its locker ds, but why tunnel off hook just because you can? As a fellow nurse main I'm disappointed in you.


And by the way, if you don't do this, I applaud you as a decent human being.

Comments

  • I think tunneling is annoying to face when your a survivor but it should be allowed in the game and should not be looked down upon. It is a valid strategy with the right judgment and could make or break a game.

    Now I STRONGLY think that camping and tunneling should be removed in some way, maybe a complete overhaul of core game mechanics, but until that day lets just try to have fun.

  • @GoodLookinCookin said:

    I think tunneling is annoying to face when your a survivor but it should be allowed in the game and should not be looked down upon. It is a valid strategy with the right judgment and could make or break a game.

    Now I STRONGLY think that camping and tunneling should be removed in some way, maybe a complete overhaul of core game mechanics, but until that day lets just try to have fun.

    Oh I dont get tunneled like that. I usually dont get hooked against nurses because they can't down me. I know its allowed, but why do people do that when they dont have to? Are they just out to ruin someone's game?

  • Probably because they want to show off how elite they are at Nurse and that there is little you can do to stop them. I've run into 3 different Nurses this week all stupidly good. Two of them slugged at 5-gens with infectious while the other slugged at 5-gens with no perks. All three gave no shits about DS.

    The games were over in about two minutes as I'm sure most of their games are. The only reason to keep doing that is because they must get some kind of satisfaction in curb-stomping randos, showing off their skills or they happened to have a bad match before on some other killer and are now taking it out on the next group.

    Good on them for being as skilled as they are and they have no doubt earned those quick games but ending every match in 2-minutes seems dreadfully boring to me.

  • "As a fellow nurse main"

    hillbillyclaudmain69


    Name checks out.

  • I play on console and I don’t tunnel...

    with any killer, especially Nurse.

    ...don’t use BBq either, but that’s besides the point, I suppose

  • I usually go for Hook after down every time till I get 12 Hooks as Nurse, well.. unless someone dc's or kills themselves on Hook, because like you said, as a confident Nurse you will down anyone pretty fast.

    I still understand slugging against very good Survivors but against anyone else you can easily get 12 Hook Games with Nurse if you are good.

  • @Mr_K said:

    "As a fellow nurse main"

    hillbillyclaudmain69

    Name checks out.

    Lol my names outdated. I dont main claud either.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    Probably because they want to show off how elite they are at Nurse and that there is little you can do to stop them. I've run into 3 different Nurses this week all stupidly good. Two of them slugged at 5-gens with infectious while the other slugged at 5-gens with no perks. All three gave no shits about DS.

    The games were over in about two minutes as I'm sure most of their games are. The only reason to keep doing that is because they must get some kind of satisfaction in curb-stomping randos, showing off their skills or they happened to have a bad match before on some other killer and are now taking it out on the next group.

    Good on them for being as skilled as they are and they have no doubt earned those quick games but ending every match in 2-minutes seems dreadfully boring to me.

    It is. When i play nurse I let them do gens. I play badly on purpose so that I dont get 2 minute matches.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    I play on console and I don’t tunnel...

    with any killer, especially Nurse.

    ...don’t use BBq either, but that’s besides the point, I suppose

    Im on console too, and neither do I.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    I play on console and I don’t tunnel...

    with any killer, especially Nurse.

    ...don’t use BBq either, but that’s besides the point, I suppose

    No way! Other console Nurses? I love to see it.

    Answer:

    Usually I won't tunnel them but I will slug them if I know they just got off hook. If they try to shove their ds in my face though then I'm more likely to tunnel them.

  • @Lx_malice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663909#Comment_1663909

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663988#Comment_1663988

    No way! Other console Nurses? I love to see it.

    Answer:

    Usually I won't tunnel them but I will slug them if I know they just got off hook. If they try to shove their ds in my face though then I'm more likely to tunnel them.

    Yea if they d's me I will kill them, because i dont tunnel. If they locker d's, I'll tunnel them off hook next time because they obviously wanted my attention.

    They can have all of it.

  • @Lx_malice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663909#Comment_1663909

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663988#Comment_1663988

    No way! Other console Nurses? I love to see it.

    Answer:

    Usually I won't tunnel them but I will slug them if I know they just got off hook. If they try to shove their ds in my face though then I'm more likely to tunnel them.

    Also what platform are you on? Id love to play with you.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    Probably because they want to show off how elite they are at Nurse and that there is little you can do to stop them. I've run into 3 different Nurses this week all stupidly good. Two of them slugged at 5-gens with infectious while the other slugged at 5-gens with no perks. All three gave no shits about DS.

    The games were over in about two minutes as I'm sure most of their games are. The only reason to keep doing that is because they must get some kind of satisfaction in curb-stomping randos, showing off their skills or they happened to have a bad match before on some other killer and are now taking it out on the next group.

    Good on them for being as skilled as they are and they have no doubt earned those quick games but ending every match in 2-minutes seems dreadfully boring to me.

    It’s more boring to get looped forever with other killers. Nurse gives you some control.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663751#Comment_1663751

    It’s more boring to get looped forever with other killers. Nurse gives you some control.

    More like complete control. And if you're good, its impossible to get looped forever.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1664126#Comment_1664126

    More like complete control. And if you're good, its impossible to get looped forever.

    Nah, the survivor can make a read and last awhile. But yes, like with every other killer, they will eventually go down.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1664130#Comment_1664130

    Nah, the survivor can make a read and last awhile. But yes, like with every other killer, they will eventually go down.

    Nurse has complete control over chases. If they dont go down, 99% of the time you made a mistake.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1664137#Comment_1664137

    Nurse has complete control over chases. If they dont go down, 99% of the time you made a mistake.

    You either don’t understand how she works, or you have been brainwashed into thinking this because 99% of survivors are potato. Most don’t even try to mindgame her and are still circling around things as if she is an M1 killer.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1664137#Comment_1664137

    Nurse has complete control over chases. If they dont go down, 99% of the time you made a mistake.

    A great survivor can last about 30 seconds against a great Nurse fairly consistently. High level survivors force the Nurse into prediction blinks, and nobody will be right all the time.

  • Ps4 and Xb1 but all my progress is on Ps4 so I don't really touch my xbox. Also I'm going to be offline for a while since my tv burnt out the other day so I need to buy a new one soon. But my name for ps4 is the same as on here. For xbox it's the same but without the underscore.

  • I only tunnel off the hook as Nurse if I accidentally hit the unhooked survivor and they had BT and the unhooker is healthy. Between a survivor that requires 1 hit to go down vs one that requires 2, I am obviously going to go for the 1 hit.

    @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    Probably because they want to show off how elite they are at Nurse and that there is little you can do to stop them. I've run into 3 different Nurses this week all stupidly good. Two of them slugged at 5-gens with infectious while the other slugged at 5-gens with no perks. All three gave no shits about DS.

    The games were over in about two minutes as I'm sure most of their games are. The only reason to keep doing that is because they must get some kind of satisfaction in curb-stomping randos, showing off their skills or they happened to have a bad match before on some other killer and are now taking it out on the next group.

    Good on them for being as skilled as they are and they have no doubt earned those quick games but ending every match in 2-minutes seems dreadfully boring to me.

    That's how most of my Nurse games go. Ending the game really fast just gives you a rush. It's puts you in a super-clutch scenario and lets you apply more of your skill than giving them a chance and killing them off slowly. You are right about 2 things though. I also do it because it's fun to completely smash survivors and I do occassionally play Nurse when I get salty from playing a low tier killer.

    @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1664164#Comment_1664164

    You either don’t understand how she works, or you have been brainwashed into thinking this because 99% of survivors are potato. Most don’t even try to mindgame her and are still circling around things as if she is an M1 killer.

    Yep. They are extremely rare but I have played against survivors that made me think Nurse was weak, and I am someone who 4k 99% of games as Nurse at rank 1.

  • I run MYC and tunnel the rescuer :P

  • @Lx_malice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1664120#Comment_1664120

    Ps4 and Xb1 but all my progress is on Ps4 so I don't really touch my xbox. Also I'm going to be offline for a while since my tv burnt out the other day so I need to buy a new one soon. But my name for ps4 is the same as on here. For xbox it's the same but without the underscore.

    Nice. I'm on ps4. If you see a friend request from ShinobiSlayer360, thats me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1664164#Comment_1664164

    A great survivor can last about 30 seconds against a great Nurse fairly consistently. High level survivors force the Nurse into prediction blinks, and nobody will be right all the time.

    Not if the nurse is really good.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1664164#Comment_1664164

    You either don’t understand how she works, or you have been brainwashed into thinking this because 99% of survivors are potato. Most don’t even try to mindgame her and are still circling around things as if she is an M1 killer.

    Im a nurse main. Mindgames don't work if you blink to corners. The only one that works is quick and quiet in a locker. I do play against potatoes a lot, but I'm still right.

  • I've been learning Nurse recently, I play on PC but with an Xbone controller instead of M+Kb. The only time as any killer that I'll "tunnel" is if I legitimately don't see another Survivor around, just the injured person fresh off hook caus their teammate couldn't be bothered to take agro after what is usually an unsafe unhooks, or endgame when the game hasn't gone well and I'd just like to secure one kill and I know that person is on death hook and injured.

    I don't consider the first scenario there tunneling though, it's just a smart play to go after the person standing injured in the middle of the field instead of checking every bush and rock for the unhooker while the injured person runs all the way across the map and heals or finishes gens.

  • @JHondo said:

    I've been learning Nurse recently, I play on PC but with an Xbone controller instead of M+Kb. The only time as any killer that I'll "tunnel" is if I legitimately don't see another Survivor around, just the injured person fresh off hook caus their teammate couldn't be bothered to take agro after what is usually an unsafe unhooks, or endgame when the game hasn't gone well and I'd just like to secure one kill and I know that person is on death hook and injured.

    I don't consider the first scenario there tunneling though, it's just a smart play to go after the person standing injured in the middle of the field instead of checking every bush and rock for the unhooker while the injured person runs all the way across the map and heals or finishes gens.

    I meant eating ds to tunnel for no reason.

  • In those unsafe unhooks instances I'll eat a DS but if they kite me to someone else I'll switch targets cause I know how much it sucks to be tunneled out of the game.

  • @JHondo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1668082#Comment_1668082

    In those unsafe unhooks instances I'll eat a DS but if they kite me to someone else I'll switch targets cause I know how much it sucks to be tunneled out of the game.

    I'm not talking about unsafe unhooks 😆 I meant tunneling to be an ######### and camping with blinks.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1668089#Comment_1668089

    I'm not talking about unsafe unhooks 😆 I meant tunneling to be an ######### and camping with blinks.

    Yeah, I don't do that stuff. I have a hard enough time ending chases with blinks still lol

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I run MYC and tunnel the rescuer :P

    If you can find them. Most "rescuers" are pussies.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1664198#Comment_1664198

    Im a nurse main. Mindgames don't work if you blink to corners. The only one that works is quick and quiet in a locker. I do play against potatoes a lot, but I'm still right.

    If you blink to the corner and they decided to keep running/ use obstacles, the second blink doesn’t have enough range to catch them. It’s a guess.

  • That's kinda why I like it. They actually fear you when they are exposed. Either they stick around and get downed or they take off. If they are hiding then they probably aren't healing the person they rescued.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    Why do you tunnel intentionally because you can just down them again? Playing against her more because of crossplay has opened my eyes to what most nurses do. I can understand it if its locker ds, but why tunnel off hook just because you can? As a fellow nurse main I'm disappointed in you.

    And by the way, if you don't do this, I applaud you as a decent human being.

    It's the only killer that makes me want to move forward aggressively ... She's so fast and doesn't know anything of the obstacles that I don't feel like camping or tunneling or even hock... just want to hit again and again!

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1668050#Comment_1668050

    If you blink to the corner and they decided to keep running/ use obstacles, the second blink doesn’t have enough range to catch them. It’s a guess.

    And that's why we use pocket watch.

  • @JHondo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1668098#Comment_1668098

    Yeah, I don't do that stuff. I have a hard enough time ending chases with blinks still lol

    Oh ok 😆

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1668050#Comment_1668050

    If you blink to the corner and they decided to keep running/ use obstacles, the second blink doesn’t have enough range to catch them. It’s a guess.

    And even without pocket watch you still have the longest lunge in the game. You can catch them. And don't blink to corners if they don't double back.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    Why do you tunnel intentionally because you can just down them again? Playing against her more because of crossplay has opened my eyes to what most nurses do. I can understand it if its locker ds, but why tunnel off hook just because you can? As a fellow nurse main I'm disappointed in you.

    And by the way, if you don't do this, I applaud you as a decent human being.

    Wait. So if i tunnel im a terrible human being?

    Good thing me tunneling makes me equal to murderers, #########, and nurse mains

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1668255#Comment_1668255

    And even without pocket watch you still have the longest lunge in the game. You can catch them. And don't blink to corners if they don't double back.

    Yea but again, that’s a guess. You aren’t going to be right every time.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1668941#Comment_1668941

    Yea but again, that’s a guess. You aren’t going to be right every time.

    Not really, you textbook it(blink to a corner) the first time. If they don't double back you should blink where they will be.

  • @dollidahlia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/196401/for-other-nurse-mains

    Wait. So if i tunnel im a terrible human being?

    Good thing me tunneling makes me equal to murderers, #########, and nurse mains

    Tactical tunneling is fine. Who hasnt done that. Tunneling during egc is fine. But just being an ######### because you can is wrong.