WGLF buff isnt even a buff.

Flashlight saves and pallet saves have always given tokens devs. Actually add new ways to get tokens.

Ok so just so we are clear the healing speed on dying survivors is a buff but most likely laughable as you start healing at 99.

Comments

  • I want healing a survivor to give you a token as well, I need them 4 stacks, give them to me!

  • Honestly, We're Gonna Live Forever always needed something like this incoming healing dying state survivors buff or giving a small bonus to unhooking speed (multiplicative with Desperate measures if you're worried about balance) so it has "some benefit" other than just being the nearly pointless bloodpoint grinder perk. This is something at least :we'll see how it plays out:

  • @SurpriseSurprise I don't believe it was mentioned yet... but if @azame has a link I'll like to see it

    @NepalibyDaylight They did - it helps pick up slugged people now.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208/developer-update-september-2020#latest

  • No one knows yet, same with the new way to acquire tokens for it.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644569#Comment_1644569

    No one knows yet, same with the new way to acquire tokens for it.

    They said on their twitter flashlight and pallet saves.

  • @NepalibyDaylight said:

    It's not a buff at all. The problem with the perk wasn't even tokens. It was the fact that it literally does nothing for anyone else. If it had a boost to something that helps the team, it would be at least justifiable. Without that it is just a selfish bp perk and usually that is how the people that run it treat it.

    Tokens are the problem getting them is way too hard.

  • I don't think I've ever gotten a token for saves, but that could just be the rarity of such instances. Either way, the perk is still getting a major buff: picking up survivors.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I don't think I've ever gotten a token for saves, but that could just be the rarity of such instances. Either way, the perk is still getting a major buff: picking up survivors.

    We'll see if it's "major" but hey anything is better than zilch so I guess I shouldn't complain

    Fairly certain getting 3~4 tokens on an average match is normal though... its when the whole team is running WGLF that stacks become hard to spread around... I can see why they're trying to address competing against one another for it as it encourages hook diving for 1:1 trades just to get more bloodpoints. Honestly I'm fine with them adding flashie and pallet saves to tokens too but wish they could fix how proteciton hit events to be more consistent outside of taking a spank from a killer carrying someone... would help with Mettle of Man too (ie. Sticking myself inbetween a killer and a survivor while he is mid swing apparently doesn't count as a protection hit sometimes but being 10m away around a corner and taking a hit would... Distraction score event for that one too)

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644579#Comment_1644579

    They said on their twitter flashlight and pallet saves.

    That's odd how is this considered a "buff" you literally have been able to get tokens from flashlight saves from since I can remember

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644582#Comment_1644582

    That's odd how is this considered a "buff" you literally have been able to get tokens from flashlight saves from since I can remember

    My point exactly. That's why I'm mad. You have always been able to get tokens from saves.

  • So changing a perk from solely BP gains to BP gains and increase healing of downed survivors isnt a buff? Sure its not the greatest thing but it is by definition a buff.

  • Faster healing speed on a dying survivor is not a buff?

  • @Han said:

    Faster healing speed on a dying survivor is not a buff?

    It's pointless, how many times do you heal a survivor from 0-100?

    This isn't the (laughable) buff it needs.

  • Well it´s yet another tool to help combat slugging now and giving a BP bonus on top of that. I`ll start running it and see how it turns out.

    If the numbers are decent but not OP I´m grateful they made the perk useful now.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1645288#Comment_1645288

    It's pointless, how many times do you heal a survivor from 0-100?

    This isn't the (laughable) buff it needs.

    First of all, we don't know how big the buff will be. And second it doesn't matter how big or small it will be, it still will be a buff.

    You are right, it actually doesn't need a buff at all.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    So changing a perk from solely BP gains to BP gains and increase healing of downed survivors isnt a buff? Sure its not the greatest thing but it is by definition a buff.

    Talking about the token "change" it definitely got a buff. Although that buff if not done correctly will just be outdone by other perks.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1645288#Comment_1645288

    It's pointless, how many times do you heal a survivor from 0-100?

    This isn't the (laughable) buff it needs.

    Exactly they are always 99. The buff just seems not much thought of and just something thrown in to get people to not complain.

  • I feel ya, but if the slugged survivor pick up speed is decently increased, that alone is a great buff to the perk.

    Although it kind of sucks they're giving that to this perk instead of, say, an Ash perk (considering he has two slug related perks). They murdered MoM (as it may well have deserved), the least they could do is give his other $#!%%¥ perks some love. Buckle Up would have been a good one to receive this buff tbh. With how prevalent slugging can be, I'd also be interested in seeing Flip Flop get a buff along similar lines- maybe YOU don't recover faster, but it has the effect of allowing other survivors to recover you much faster from the dying state. That would actually ALMOST make the perk worth taking sometimes- even if they don't get to finish the pickup, you still get to use the main point of the perk- converting your recovery bar to wiggle progression.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    Well it´s yet another tool to help combat slugging now and giving a BP bonus on top of that. I`ll start running it and see how it turns out.

    If the numbers are decent but not OP I´m grateful they made the perk useful now.

    It's not combatting slugging. Most slugs are 99.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I don't think I've ever gotten a token for saves, but that could just be the rarity of such instances. Either way, the perk is still getting a major buff: picking up survivors.

    Currently they give Tokens, but apparently (this was written on the Forums, so take it with a graint of salt), this was not intended and was patched out at some point. I would be really disappointed if they only add Flashlight- and Pallet-Saves for Tokens, since they would only turn a Bug into a Feature at this point and BBQ would still be laughable easy to get stacks, while you would either still need to rush for Unhooks or take dumb protection Hits for WGLF-Stacks.

    (like, how often does a Flashlight- or Pallet-Save occur? Almost never)

  • This depends. Sure they might be 99ed but there are also situations where this can help, for example it can come in handy in stopping a Snowballing Oni. It IS a buff by definition. How much of a buff, we shall see.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644597#Comment_1644597

    Currently they give Tokens, but apparently (this was written on the Forums, so take it with a graint of salt), this was not intended and was patched out at some point. I would be really disappointed if they only add Flashlight- and Pallet-Saves for Tokens, since they would only turn a Bug into a Feature at this point and BBQ would still be laughable easy to get stacks, while you would either still need to rush for Unhooks or take dumb protection Hits for WGLF-Stacks.

    (like, how often does a Flashlight- or Pallet-Save occur? Almost never)

    This bug has been in the GB game since I first started. That's why I ran wglf so much back in the day. Flashlight and pallet saves were easier and I got bp. How about healing survivors health states awards stacks. Hoe about dying survivors just to fit the buff.

  • I'd say healing a survivor off the ground will probably give a token. If I'm correct the current ways to get tokens were unhooks, protection hits and flashlights. Think pallet drops don't work and neither does head-on. It would be nice if using Breakout while next to a survivor who wiggles off the killers shoulder would give a stack.

  • The only problem I ever had is the game not registering protection hits. If they fixed that it would be fine. An additional healing speed thats always active would probably be too strong. That downed healing speed should be on Buckle Up or whatever that Ash perk is. No need for it on WGLF. Give it something else.

    Haste for 7 seconds on protection hit or something.

  • Honestly, i hope it's much stronger then it sounds on paper. And maybe they'll make adjustments before the ptb, like you instantly pick up dying survivors that have recovered at least 75%

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644597#Comment_1644597

    Currently they give Tokens, but apparently (this was written on the Forums, so take it with a graint of salt), this was not intended and was patched out at some point. I would be really disappointed if they only add Flashlight- and Pallet-Saves for Tokens, since they would only turn a Bug into a Feature at this point and BBQ would still be laughable easy to get stacks, while you would either still need to rush for Unhooks or take dumb protection Hits for WGLF-Stacks.

    (like, how often does a Flashlight- or Pallet-Save occur? Almost never)

    The fact that it will now include flashlight saves and pallet saves is LOWKEYYYY a nerf LMFAO

    This perk was already annoying as hell as it is with how it unfortuately inadvertently encourages farming (I don't WANT to get unhooked as soon as the killer turns around just because you have I'm Gonna Farm Forever and you want a hook save+protection hit, Jake), now we're gonna have bots wasting pallets in an almost-guaranteed-to-fail attempt to save you from the killer's grasp.

    I'm mostly jk but... like kinda not LOL

  • Well its better then it was before

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1645312#Comment_1645312

    The fact that it will now include flashlight saves and pallet saves is LOWKEYYYY a nerf LMFAO

    This perk was already annoying as hell as it is with how it unfortuately inadvertently encourages farming (I don't WANT to get unhooked as soon as the killer turns around just because you have I'm Gonna Farm Forever and you want a hook save+protection hit, Jake), now we're gonna have bots wasting pallets in an almost-guaranteed-to-fail attempt to save you from the killer's grasp.

    I'm mostly jk but... like kinda not LOL

    It already did. Do I have to record me getting a save to showcase this?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1645294#Comment_1645294

    Exactly they are always 99. The buff just seems not much thought of and just something thrown in to get people to not complain.

    They are only 99 when you let them lie down that long. There are several situations where you can make use of a faster slug healing, like on double downs, then they are mostly just 50% up, you can loop around a pallet with a downed survivor and after dropping it have at least 2 seconds of healing, which can be enough now depending on the buff. Simply just wait for the numbers

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1645308#Comment_1645308

    They are only 99 when you let them lie down that long. There are several situations where you can make use of a faster slug healing, like on double downs, then they are mostly just 50% up, you can loop around a pallet with a downed survivor and after dropping it have at least 2 seconds of healing, which can be enough now depending on the buff. Simply just wait for the numbers

    The latter is common but having a slug be downed for a while is more common. Especially when you can be across the map working on a gen. It gives them time to recover.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1645381#Comment_1645381

    The latter is common but having a slug be downed for a while is more common. Especially when you can be across the map working on a gen. It gives them time to recover.

    It is more common, but does that mean that this is a bad buff because you cannot use it consistently multiple times every game like an exhaustion perk? I mean come on, what do you want to have? Constant 100% heal speed buff? It has its uses, probably even gives you protection hits when healing slugs, giving you another stack. No need to call it useless before the numbers are even clear

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1645294#Comment_1645294

    Exactly they are always 99. The buff just seems not much thought of and just something thrown in to get people to not complain.

    Agreed.

  • Will vouch for this in two aspects

    1. They shared here (https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1309509004985597955?s=20) 'Keeping with the theme of protecting your fellow Survivors, you'll get tokens for pallet and flashlight saves as well.'
    2. From personal experience, I can confirm WGLF *already did this*
  • I wish the healing speed was just more than on downed survivors, because then it would be more useful.

    Like for each token you have, you get a 5% increased healing speed, up to 20% (the max stack). This way it effects more than just downed survivors and will get stronger as the trial progresses.

  • @azame said:

    Flashlight saves and pallet saves have always given tokens devs. Actually add new ways to get tokens.

    Ok so just so we are clear the healing speed on dying survivors is a buff but most likely laughable as you start healing at 99.

    Calm down man it was just a twiter post, as far as we know it could be anything that gives us tokens. Dbds twitter guy is probably stupid or doesn't even play the game to know that wglf already gives tokens on flashlight and pallet saves, so yea wait for the ptb then we will see what the new ways of getting tokes are

  • @Stains said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194389/wglf-buff-isnt-even-a-buff

    Calm down man it was just a twiter post, as far as we know it could be anything that gives us tokens. Dbds twitter guy is probably stupid or doesn't even play the game to know that wglf already gives tokens on flashlight and pallet saves, so yea wait for the ptb then we will see what the new ways of getting tokes are

    I am calm just worried for the future. I might move on from this video game.

  • +1 Please add more ways to collect WGLF tokens. I don't want to waste time taking (mostly) unnecessary hits or have to rush to a hook to get there before another survivor does. And as you said, the flashlight and pallet saves already gave WGLF tokens. So hopefully they've added a new way of collecting em...

  • Instead of the faster pickup, it would be nice if it showed the killer's aura for 5 seconds every time a survivor is unhooked.

  • "WGLF buff isnt even a buff."

    -Now gives increased healing speed on downed survivors

    That is quite literally the definition of a buff. So yes, it is a buff. Arguing that it's minor to where it doesn't matter doesn't make any sense at all when we don't even know what the numbers are.

    "WGLF buff has me worried it will be too minor" would be a much more accurate title to your post.

    Lastly, arguing that people are always at 99 when slugged to where the extra healing won't matter is just completely untrue. I heal slugged survivors that are no where even close to 99 all the time.

    If you'd want a different buff then sure, make a post offering that, but to act like the perk got nothing is nonsense.

  • @Blueberry said:

    "WGLF buff isnt even a buff."

    -Now gives increased healing speed on downed survivors

    That is quite literally the definition of a buff. So yes, it is a buff. Arguing that it's minor to where it doesn't matter doesn't make any sense at all when we don't even know what the numbers are.

    "WGLF buff has me worried it will be too minor" would be a much more accurate title to your post.

    Lastly, arguing that people are always at 99 when slugged to where the extra healing won't matter is just completely untrue. I heal slugged survivors that are no where even close to 99 all the time.

    If you'd want a different buff then sure, make a post offering that, but to act like the perk got nothing is nonsense.

    Read the post again I acknowledged that as buff I did say that the flashlight token is not read my post again.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646371#Comment_1646371

    Read the post again I acknowledged that as buff I did say that the flashlight token is not read my post again.

    The flashlight and pallet save tokens had been removed and this is bringing them back and most saves from slugging are not at 99.

  • I was fine with it potentially doubling BPs. Why so serious?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646477#Comment_1646477

    The flashlight and pallet save tokens had been removed and this is bringing them back and most saves from slugging are not at 99.

    They are still here.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644579#Comment_1644579

    They said on their twitter flashlight and pallet saves.

    It is incorrect though that tokens could already be acquired this way. It has only been safe unhooks and protection hits for a long while now.

    And being able to quickly heal slugged teammates is a buff. This could be great paired with BK

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644582#Comment_1644582

    It is incorrect though that tokens could already be acquired this way. It has only been safe unhooks and protection hits for a long while now.

    And being able to quickly heal slugged teammates is a buff. This could be great paired with BK

    Do I need to provide a video? I've been achieving tokens through flashlight saves and pallet saves for years. Bug or not it works. How about healing a teammate through a state gives stacks even if they are 99.

  • Be glad it's getting changed at all.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    I want healing a survivor to give you a token as well, I need them 4 stacks, give them to me!

    Imagine if bbq and wglf had 12 tokens. Every hook/altruistic action gives a stack, up to a max of 12.

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1645312#Comment_1645312

    The fact that it will now include flashlight saves and pallet saves is LOWKEYYYY a nerf LMFAO

    This perk was already annoying as hell as it is with how it unfortuately inadvertently encourages farming (I don't WANT to get unhooked as soon as the killer turns around just because you have I'm Gonna Farm Forever and you want a hook save+protection hit, Jake), now we're gonna have bots wasting pallets in an almost-guaranteed-to-fail attempt to save you from the killer's grasp.

    I'm mostly jk but... like kinda not LOL

    Its always included flashlight and pallet saves.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644558#Comment_1644558

    Imagine if bbq and wglf had 12 tokens. Every hook/altruistic action gives a stack, up to a max of 12.

    I need dem sweet, succulent triple bloodpoints.😥

‹ 1 2