Now I know why people tunnel, bring moris, slug every game

Just had 2 games in a row where the last 2 survivors just jumped in the hatch infront of me while all i could do was to stand and watch because of a key


First game they bringed in a key but i didnt see it at lobby so i was suprised by them opening the hatch but fair enough

Second game made a 3 gen as blight killed 2 of them 1 of them found a key in chest and the hatch spawned right next to them


after that last game i finally realized why people tunnel and bring moris because the game forces you to do this or you just get bullied and "outplayed by a key spawning in a chest "


But atleast the killers are the power role right?

Comments

  • "Second game made a 3 gen as blight killed 2 of them 1 of them found a key in chest and the hatch spawned right next to them"

    I'm really glad they found a key. 3 gens are not fun and you probably refused to chase anyone.

    This is so why keys should never be changed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Better make every game miserable for Survivors because you had a bad experience. You know Survivors have bad games too right? There's no reason to feed into the toxicity cycle.

    You gotta realize that this game has so much BS on both sides that it doesn't matter. Just know that this is what the game is and embrace it for now. Otherwise, you'll just get mad at everything.

    People forget to realize that they aren't the only people who play the game or matter.

    You are all feeding into toxicity cycle as this fine person mentioned.

  • @Kumnut768 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633575#Comment_1633575

    lets be honest who actually runs yellow moris or a shroud

    I do scare survivors and to get rid of them.

  • so you run yellow moris to make survivors dc, thats scummy af

  • @MrLimonka said:

    You can dodge a lobby with a key. You can't dodge a lobby with a mori.

    And no, just because someone escaped by hatch (with or withou tthe key) does not mean you get "bullied". That means you would've won the match anyway, and the real downside is just you losing some bloodpoints.

    BWAHAHA.

    ”You can’t dodge a lobby with a mori.”

    Really?! Why do so many killers that throw on a mori see the “match cancelled” notification after the prematch loading screen then?

  • @Kumnut768 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634162#Comment_1634162

    so you run yellow moris to make survivors dc, thats scummy af

    not to dc really most to get rid of them they don't always dc but they sometime don't play scummy thinking they going to get mori.

  • @jackal470 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633948#Comment_1633948

    Oh I've heard him say questionable things but me saying "he is good and I can learn from him" also means I'm trying to be positive and not bash people....yes he needs a filter but if you ever do anything on camera 40 hours a week while your mind is actively doing multiple things at once, ya are gonna say things without too much thought....I'm not waving a flag for him but people bash like he is in your personal life

    "When you do this for more than 40 hours a week" would be an excuse...if he hasn't been doing this since literally day one.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Better make every game miserable for Survivors because you had a bad experience. You know Survivors have bad games too right? There's no reason to feed into the toxicity cycle.

    You gotta realize that this game has so much BS on both sides that it doesn't matter. Just know that this is what the game is and embrace it for now. Otherwise, you'll just get mad at everything.

    It's not up to killers to worry if survivors are having fun. It's up to them to have fun for themselves. Just like it's up to survivors to worry about their own fun and not the killers.

    Killers and survivors aren't eachothers babysitters, and that mentality where we're supposed to give a crap if the other side is having fun needs to die.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633978#Comment_1633978

    "When you do this for more than 40 hours a week" would be an excuse...if he hasn't been doing this since literally day one.

    You ignore the rest of what I said I'm not here to bash anyone I don't care when they started playing...I drop names in a positive way or not at all, I find it rude to use the Internet to be a tough guy or to just insult people

  • @jackal470 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634241#Comment_1634241

    You ignore the rest of what I said I'm not here to bash anyone I don't care when they started playing...I drop names in a positive way or not at all, I find it rude to use the Internet to be a tough guy or to just insult people

    I didn't insult anyone, nor did I act like a tough guy. Quoting someone for silly things they say, and criticizing are different than insulting them. Please learn that. You can be negative and not be insulting.

  • Just use Franklin's demise when you see a key in the lobby

  • @Sloppyknockout I have nothing to learn from you. Criticism are meant to help improve something by providing an outside view but your using it to bash him. I've read your posts for a while and see how you communicate I see your criticisms of him as negative to him. MY opinion. By your choice of words you paint him as entitled(which seems to be the cool word) and pretty much a know it all. So what Right? While I did say he is overbearing and maybe giving a reason why doesn't mean I know....I've read for two years non stop insults or CrItIcIsM of him and others if someone posts one video of youtube....less people being 💩 would be a good thing but I'm old for this community

  • I should use a key in my next survivor match and franklin's in my next killer match in honor of this post. Just to remind myself that the scary 2-4 man hatch escapes aren't real (meaning that they actually needed the key to escape).

    Just use franklin's. I'll sometimes pop on a key just to make them waste the perk slot. It's literally that effective against keys.

  • @jackal470 said:

    @Sloppyknockout I have nothing to learn from you. Criticism are meant to help improve something by providing an outside view but your using it to bash him. I've read your posts for a while and see how you communicate I see your criticisms of him as negative to him. MY opinion. By your choice of words you paint him as entitled(which seems to be the cool word) and pretty much a know it all. So what Right? While I did say he is overbearing and maybe giving a reason why doesn't mean I know....I've read for two years non stop insults or CrItIcIsM of him and others if someone posts one video of youtube....less people being 💩 would be a good thing but I'm old for this community

    Apparently you do have something to learn. That you can be negative, and criticize someone without it being an insult. So again, learn that.

    <3

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634264#Comment_1634264

    Apparently you do have something to learn. That you can be negative, and criticize someone without it being an insult. So again, learn that.

    <3

    Ya know there's always that guy....so do you have anything constructive being your in the thread only talking about tru3talenthe. I brought him up as a reference to learn. Your only contribution was criticism. Hmm have a good day guy

  • @jackal470 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634312#Comment_1634312

    Ya know there's always that guy....so do you have anything constructive being your in the thread only talking about tru3talenthe. I brought him up as a reference to learn. Your only contribution was criticism. Hmm have a good day guy

    You finally learned! Criticism!

    Guess what though? In the world we live in, criticism is actually a good thing. It's how we improve as human beings.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634314#Comment_1634314

    You finally learned! Criticism!

    Guess what though? In the world we live in, criticism is actually a good thing. It's how we improve as human beings.

    Do you read what people write you? This is the second time today (1st by Rivyn in another thread) I said criticism are meant to improve something. Go up and read the response where I @ you. 2nd sentence! so stop being annoying I'm done conversing with you! Enjoy yourself in the fog

  • You can be that ######### killer that decides to tunnel and bring a mori. But then when you get the survivors that still make you look and feel like a jackass and maybe talk ######### to you for it you'll regret it. Nothing brings me more joy than escaping a killer that decides to be an #########.

  • Also if two games of people getting key makes you wanna be a jerk you should be playing a different game. They just got lucky it's not even like that's going to happen often.

  • I now you are probably just venting but that is a pretty scary mindset to have man.

  • @MrLimonka said:

    You can dodge a lobby with a key. You can't dodge a lobby with a mori.

    And no, just because someone escaped by hatch (with or withou tthe key) does not mean you get "bullied". That means you would've won the match anyway, and the real downside is just you losing some bloodpoints.

    but you actually can. Alt f4. as killers also do when they see a farm or ormond offering.

  • @NivlacACE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633454#Comment_1633454

    They are the power role and the game is already balanced around it. The whole point is that the killer is far stronger than any one survivor, but the survivors have the advantage of teamwork.

    Notice how it is impossible to loop a killer indefinitely, eventually you will get caught no matter what. But by being chased you buy your team time to do their objective.

    The killer should always be stronger than a single survivor, that’s the point, but they should be equal to the team as far as balance goes.

    That may be true, but OP literally said that Killers shoule always come out on top, no matter what.

    Killer is the "Power Role", as you said, in a 1vs1, but not in the 1vs4 the game actually is.

  • @jackal470 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634329#Comment_1634329

    Do you read what people write you? This is the second time today (1st by Rivyn in another thread) I said criticism are meant to improve something. Go up and read the response where I @ you. 2nd sentence! so stop being annoying I'm done conversing with you! Enjoy yourself in the fog

    Jeez, lol. I didn't even say anything offensive or bad o.O

    Much wow.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633454#Comment_1633454

    @xI_Fabi_Ix

    Let’s be realistic here.

    As a counter point, just because in your view that’s how the game should be balanced doesn’t mean keys are.

    You don’t even have to really look that hard for hatch because it can spawn right at your feet, since that’s how the system works where the spawn location is already established by the time the match starts.

    So even when the killer finds it first, there is little to no effort in using a key.

    That literally doesn't have to do with anything I said.

    Hatch is a free way to escape anyway. It being even in the game makes it BS. Hatch is just there so the baby survivor may escape even though he didn't do anything all game and pre-drops every pallet and even then goes down in less than 15 seconds.

    Keys are unbalanced, but so are moris, but you literally say "Survivors have keys, Killers have moris = balance". It doesn't work like that.

  • I really wish ppl stop complaining about petty things. The devs should leave keys and mori alone. Instead of doing some weird changes where ppl will just complain even more.

  • Slugging comes with the risk of gaining nothing and has quite a few counters. I don't see why people get so upset about it. The gens would be far too easy to complete if the killer had to hook someone every time they down someone.

  • @NoRage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633483#Comment_1633483

    Yeah so i don't think you're playing decently.

    Killer's emblems are far more hard to get than survivors lmao , as a survivor : Loop / gen rush / unhook Gg you piped without any difficulties , as a killer : Make sure they don't gen rush, make sure they don't heal but don't camp or you lose points (but how do i avoid the healing then?) , make sure you made 9 actions with the hook , make sure you've hit the survivors enough,make sure the chases are short (even tho looping is all survivors motto and its almost impossible to end a chase quick if they are not potatoes).

    But yeah killer emblems are definitly so easy to get , i think you didn't reach red ranks many times or you faced potatoes all the way up

    Apparently touching a generator is gen rushing to you. You say "yeah I dont think you're playing decently". Ended with "it's almost impossible to end a chase quick if they are not potatoes".😂😂 Too funny. If you can't end chases quick I don't think you're playing decently.

  • Because survivors are usually tryhards who discord troll you the entire match so you can’t actually get an advantage, then body block everything you want to do while spam clicking flashlights?


    Yeah, screw then. They want to call it “strategy”? Then so is camping, tunneling, and Mori’s.

  • @MrLimonka said:

    You can dodge a lobby with a key. You can't dodge a lobby with a mori.

    And no, just because someone escaped by hatch (with or withou tthe key) does not mean you get "bullied". That means you would've won the match anyway, and the real downside is just you losing some bloodpoints.

    But it feels like betrayal.

  • @NoRage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633483#Comment_1633483

    Yeah so i don't think you're playing decently.

    Killer's emblems are far more hard to get than survivors lmao , as a survivor : Loop / gen rush / unhook Gg you piped without any difficulties , as a killer : Make sure they don't gen rush, make sure they don't heal but don't camp or you lose points (but how do i avoid the healing then?) , make sure you made 9 actions with the hook , make sure you've hit the survivors enough,make sure the chases are short (even tho looping is all survivors motto and its almost impossible to end a chase quick if they are not potatoes).

    But yeah killer emblems are definitly so easy to get , i think you didn't reach red ranks many times or you faced potatoes all the way up

    What am I reading LMAOOO

  • If you play her with addons or slowdown perks you're boosted

  • @MrLimonka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633497#Comment_1633497

    Alright, I checked the wiki for mathematical values. The probability of a key is 7% without plunderer's and 14% with it. Sounds like a very low percentage. Remember that GREEN keys are included.

    HHa..if I find a green key in a chest, I leave it right where I found it. No sense in putting a target on my back for something that offers me little in return!

  • Imagine trying to justify killers playing like D-heads, that's just not cool you know, neither would be for the other side, to each their own stuff, but you seem to be taking it out of context.

  • @Chicagopimp2019 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633504#Comment_1633504

    HHa..if I find a green key in a chest, I leave it right where I found it. No sense in putting a target on my back for something that offers me little in return!

    Hehe, not even little.. green keys literally do nothing without addons

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634135#Comment_1634135

    It's not up to killers to worry if survivors are having fun. It's up to them to have fun for themselves. Just like it's up to survivors to worry about their own fun and not the killers.

    Killers and survivors aren't eachothers babysitters, and that mentality where we're supposed to give a crap if the other side is having fun needs to die.

    This mentality is why the world is such #########. If more people were concerned about other people's happiness, then the world would be a better place. Collectivism is what it's called. It's not crap. It's just too difficult for most people to wrap their minds around, because most people are extremely selfish.

  • @MrLimonka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634951#Comment_1634951

    Hehe, not even little.. green keys literally do nothing without addons

    I only said little to get in front of the people asking "what about add-ons " lol

    I agree with you.. Green keys arent worth a damn.

  • @xI_Fabi_Ix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633953#Comment_1633953

    That literally doesn't have to do with anything I said.

    Hatch is a free way to escape anyway. It being even in the game makes it BS. Hatch is just there so the baby survivor may escape even though he didn't do anything all game and pre-drops every pallet and even then goes down in less than 15 seconds.

    Keys are unbalanced, but so are moris, but you literally say "Survivors have keys, Killers have moris = balance". It doesn't work like that.

    Sometimes the person to get hatch has been working very hard and all of their potato team mates die. Not sure why killers feel they should always get a 4k. I'm always more concerned about points. A lot of the killers in this discussion sound as if they need to play solo survivor more, and they may understand why some people bring keys. Solo survivor, not swf, because that ######### is AIDS.

  • @Ekthanol6 said:

    Just had 2 games in a row where the last 2 survivors just jumped in the hatch infront of me while all i could do was to stand and watch because of a key

    First game they bringed in a key but i didnt see it at lobby so i was suprised by them opening the hatch but fair enough

    Second game made a 3 gen as blight killed 2 of them 1 of them found a key in chest and the hatch spawned right next to them

    after that last game i finally realized why people tunnel and bring moris because the game forces you to do this or you just get bullied and "outplayed by a key spawning in a chest "

    But atleast the killers are the power role right?

    Boo ######### hoo. Grow up.

  • @YehBoiGoku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634135#Comment_1634135

    People forget to realize that they aren't the only people who play the game or matter.

    You are all feeding into toxicity cycle as this fine person mentioned.

    At least there are 2 people in this community I can agree with

  • @exf310n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634703#Comment_1634703

    Sometimes the person to get hatch has been working very hard and all of their potato team mates die. Not sure why killers feel they should always get a 4k. I'm always more concerned about points. A lot of the killers in this discussion sound as if they need to play solo survivor more, and they may understand why some people bring keys. Solo survivor, not swf, because that ######### is AIDS.

    Who would like to ruin their day by playing SoloQ? It sucks.

    If you're sick of getting slugged/tunneled whatever, play killer, but don't get revenge on innocent people because of that.

  • @xI_Fabi_Ix said:

    The "Killers are the power roles" argument doesn't fit at all and is basically worthless.

    Who even came up with that?

    By your logic, killers should always get a 4k, because they are the power role, right? That's wrong.

    The game should be balanced, not a power role on either side.

    Power Role = Unbalance.

    The way the survivors play completely determines the outcome of the match (unless you're spirit/nurse). So yeah, survivor is a power role

  • @MrLimonka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633480#Comment_1633480

    I'm speaking from my personal experience and I play both sides regularly. I don't see people bothering with "last second switching", no one does that. And if you can see a key in the lobby, you can just dodge it. Unlike moris.

    And I'm not saying the new offerings, nor keys, nor moris are OK. They all need to be rebalanced. But moris are far worse than keys.

    I play both sides regularly too, as a survivor you are shown and can check at any time during the trial whether there's an unflipped killer offering or not. Survivor can also be played on autopilot and being mori'd is whatever.

    As a killer it's not exactly easy to notice a tiny dark object in someone's hand, especially if you're choosing perks at the last second. After an entire game of keeping in mind where you saw a crow fly away, whose scratch marks you saw on a tree, etc only to suddenly watch all your progress get wiped just like that is kinda disappointing.

  • @Ekthanol6 said:

    Just had 2 games in a row where the last 2 survivors just jumped in the hatch infront of me while all i could do was to stand and watch because of a key

    First game they bringed in a key but i didnt see it at lobby so i was suprised by them opening the hatch but fair enough

    Second game made a 3 gen as blight killed 2 of them 1 of them found a key in chest and the hatch spawned right next to them

    after that last game i finally realized why people tunnel and bring moris because the game forces you to do this or you just get bullied and "outplayed by a key spawning in a chest "

    But atleast the killers are the power role right?

    Aside from RNG sometimes tilting the scales in either team's favour, in general the better player has the power role. You're not entitled to be the power role just because you're playing killer. You actually have to outplay your opponent most of the time

  • @shinystorm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633490#Comment_1633490

    I play both sides regularly too, as a survivor you are shown and can check at any time during the trial whether there's an unflipped killer offering or not. Survivor can also be played on autopilot and being mori'd is whatever.

    As a killer it's not exactly easy to notice a tiny dark object in someone's hand, especially if you're choosing perks at the last second. After an entire game of keeping in mind where you saw a crow fly away, whose scratch marks you saw on a tree, etc only to suddenly watch all your progress get wiped just like that is kinda disappointing.

    Well they just did an update that changed that, now the keys are actually very clearly visible - they made them white and even glow a little.

  • @MrLimonka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633456#Comment_1633456

    And how often do you find keys in chests? Not very often, right? And even then, you may not even have a chance to even use them during the match.

    Moris, however, can always be used and are much more common in matches than finding keys in chests.

    There's also Franklin's Demise. Just pointing it out.

    Pffft I rarely can find an actual key in chests I get trolled by the entity with broken keys, so yeah true on that

  • A killer complaining about not getting a "win" every game even though they killed two other players from their game. What else is new?

    Dodging mori comment: how high are you? Mori is killer get out of jail free card they don't even have to work for. Get hooked? Immediately get mori'd off hook. Keys you have to get a certain amount of gens done before hatch even spawns due to a the gen/death ratio. I could hear your complaint if hatch was permaspawned and your game was ruined by an early hatch game.

    Character switching for keys. I've seen/done this. If I'm allowed to be "guarded and protected" on hook so I second stage? Maybe after playing 15 games and not getting out most of them I just want a win. I want an advantage to getting out on my terms for one game. I don't usually bring a key because key holders get tunneled. I like to enjoy lengthy fun games but like gen rushing that's usually not the case. Usually, after a chase and getting hooked killers come immediately back to the off hook. I depip if I'm caught or don't at least have DS. Even having DS doesn't save me the game right? Killer gets all indignant "you used DS on me so I have to kill you harder now." Like there was a difference when I was clearly going to be hooked a second or third time anyway with my one shot chance I could miss.

    I wonder would it would feel like for killers for survivors to know who their opponent was. To drop out of lobbies with killers they didn't want to play. "Ah man it's a Bubba, they face camp let's dip." "It's a Doctor, bring your calm spirit." "Spirit? Urban Evasion all day baby." To not have the ability to leave lobby when you see a mori or get a time penalty because you know your game is pretty much a depip game straight out the gate.

    Giving you a bit of perspective here. I'm apparently not allowed to have opinions otherwise I'm entitled. I know you want to win but so does the other team. And they probably don't get to win all that much because of toxic tactics killers often use.

    So like that other guy said, stop feeding into the toxicity.

    Survivors reactions are in direct correlation to the games they get and vice versa.

  • @Ekthanol6 said:

    Just had 2 games in a row where the last 2 survivors just jumped in the hatch infront of me while all i could do was to stand and watch because of a key

    First game they bringed in a key but i didnt see it at lobby so i was suprised by them opening the hatch but fair enough

    Second game made a 3 gen as blight killed 2 of them 1 of them found a key in chest and the hatch spawned right next to them

    after that last game i finally realized why people tunnel and bring moris because the game forces you to do this or you just get bullied and "outplayed by a key spawning in a chest "

    But atleast the killers are the power role right?

    I've never gotten a key from a chest. Probably because I only play the mobile version, but yes if you don't bring a threat you do get bullied quite a bit. Normally if I bring an Ebony memento they tend to shut up after the second kill, and on a normal day they get 1 gen at that time. Pretty much it's bully or get bullied

  • This whole thread is so cringe.

    1. Mori’s are definitely more OP than keys. All the killer had to do is hook one person then they can tunnel off hook, completely ignore any DS available and just eliminate a whole player like that.
    2. In order to use a key to unlock the hatch the survivors have to do the objective which takes more time than downing and hooking someone. This also means that one person or more has to die for it to even spawn before all gens are done.
    3. Yes, keys can spawn in chests but how often do you find a key that isn’t broken? You must be super lucky if that’s you.
    4. Of course Plunderer’s is going to give you more chances of getting purple or red keys. That’s the whole point of the perk; to increase the chances of getting better items.
    5. Yes, 4 survivors can bring a key. Is it worth it? No. I’ve never seen this, ever (because nobody does that! Do you really need to escape THAT badly?!)
    6. I definitely verse more mori’s than keys. You CAN dodge a lobby with a key or “just bring a mori”. Can you BRING a key to counter a mori? Does a key even counter a mori?
    7. You can use a mori every game if you: manage to hook someone or chose to use the mori. However, keys aren’t always used to solely unlock the hatch. There’s factors such as how many teammates are alive/dead, now many gens are done, etc. You don’t always get to use a key if you bring/find one. Again, you must be a literal God if you can pull this off.

    Everyone here is making it seem like keys are eliminating the killer after one gen or something ridiculous.

  • @Ekthanol6 said:

    Just had 2 games in a row where the last 2 survivors just jumped in the hatch infront of me while all i could do was to stand and watch because of a key

    First game they bringed in a key but i didnt see it at lobby so i was suprised by them opening the hatch but fair enough

    Second game made a 3 gen as blight killed 2 of them 1 of them found a key in chest and the hatch spawned right next to them

    after that last game i finally realized why people tunnel and bring moris because the game forces you to do this or you just get bullied and "outplayed by a key spawning in a chest "

    But atleast the killers are the power role right?

    Then you also know why people bring DS and UB?

  • @MrLimonka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633456#Comment_1633456

    And how often do you find keys in chests? Not very often, right? And even then, you may not even have a chance to even use them during the match.

    Moris, however, can always be used and are much more common in matches than finding keys in chests.

    There's also Franklin's Demise. Just pointing it out.

    I mean I play mostly killer and I have more keys then moris. And there perks and offerings that help with with finding stuff. The odds of finding a key in chest must be high already bc I found a purple key almost every game.

1 2 3