OhTofu showing how to play Blight for baby killers who said he is unplayable

So for awhile I just watched OhTofu as a funny guy who played as an average to mediocre killer- considering how inattentive he is throughout the match (but he is running machine gun commentary as it's rare to not hear him rambling in some entertaining way) for tracking survivor's hooks, perks and perception of time. He's definitely worse at the game than people like Otzdarva or ScottJund (or even Tru3) because he's literally just playing to have fun instead of trying to optimize every inch...Anyways.

Not sure if Blight just clicked with him but watching some of his curving and lethal rushes - I willingly admit he is definitely a better Blight than me and worth a watch if you want to dig through his 5~ so most recent videos showcasing Blight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFtfC22GrpI&ab_channel=OhTofu


While an Alchemist Ring showcase, this one at 14:00 shows a nifty hit at Killer shack among other things that seem basic but refutes those, "You can't use his power at loops" naysayers. He only struggles with very tight small unsafe loops (for using his power) in which case you are still a 115% M1 killer... bring Brutal strength or his Irris Compound to take care of annoying pallet loops or gun for someone else with your high 230% mobility.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1626720#Comment_1626720

    He definitely can't flick, nor can he turn very well. The FPS just piles on.

    Regardless, it has been a long time since I've seen a Console Oni, which is a shame, since I actually like him and his design.

    As survivor too it’s thrilling and anxiety inducing hearing Oni’s TR music, and that mighty map wide roar. So it’s a shame so few Oni players exist on PS4

  • @Fallinghippos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192461/ohtofu-showing-how-to-play-blight-for-baby-killers-who-said-he-is-unplayable

    Even Tru3 huh? You say that like he's ass, Tru3 understands how this game and it's community. That understanding alone is enough to be one of the better players. I don't understand the bias towards him, is it cause he puts himself too big in front of his gameplay or is it the flat cap lol?

    Just normal Human behavior (people always want the great ones to fall). Most of em are just jealous and wait for every moment of weakness to call "xy is now bad his time is over etc".

    Its a sign of success when so many people " hate " on you.

    Just ignore em "arguing with a fool only proves there are two" ^^

  • @oh_0k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1626577#Comment_1626577

    Oh wow you got a whopping 14 forum posts saying he is bad that must mean the entire player base thinks hes bad because surely those 14 people speak for the majority

    Give over 3000 examples of why that isn't a sizable chunk.

  • Tofu isn't the greatest of killer player plus he's way too nice when he versus egotistical survivors that teabag and clicky clicky.

    He and Otz are way too nice for my taste of streamers to watch.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1626636#Comment_1626636

    Give over 3000 examples of why that isn't a sizable chunk.

    14 people out of the around 40,000 people playing this game is abit low

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1626728#Comment_1626728

    As survivor too it’s thrilling and anxiety inducing hearing Oni’s TR music, and that mighty map wide roar. So it’s a shame so few Oni players exist on PS4

    Exactly. I really do enjoy playing against Oni, but I just never see any.

  • Learned him in 3 minutes day one. He's not the best killer in the game, but he screams potential.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630589#Comment_1630589

    Exactly. I really do enjoy playing against Oni, but I just never see any.

    Last time I played Oni he couldn't activate his ability.

    Probably fixed now, but experiences like that stay with you. Also dailies affect who plays what typically. Seen a string of Nurses and Pigs yesterday.

  • @CrapByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630351#Comment_1630351

    Yeah I mean , it isn't real money. If it was for money maybe but they get paid with in-game currency lmfao. They're misinforming their viewers with dumb stuff but that's what BHVR wants.

    BHVR needs to just not do new chapters for a while and fix bugs for like half a year. Then they wouldn't have to be fake. The bugs dont need to be played attention to, as they no longer exist.

  • @Maxwell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1626577#Comment_1626577

    Why was compound 21 even nerfed? Entitled Survivors complaining?

    The range was busted combined with the timer. It should have stayed iridiscent

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1626583#Comment_1626583

    It was nerfed because it was OP. If you can't see that you are a bit biased.

    I mean you lose a killer and sneak away and he just runs into a wall and , oh look there he is.

    Learn to track properly, that addon was straight killer training wheels

    "Track properly" you mean guess correctly right? survivor sound output is at an all time low after this update since the seem to have upped the sound occlusion and basically muted survivors during chase music.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629625#Comment_1629625

    "Track properly" you mean guess correctly right? survivor sound output is at an all time low after this update since the seem to have upped the sound occlusion and basically muted survivors during chase music.

    Yeah, I know I play a lot of killer and have even experimented with some bloodhound to counter this BS sound bug.

    The hook bug is also pretty fun too.

  • @ZCerebrate said:

    So for awhile I just watched OhTofu as a funny guy who played as an average to mediocre killer- considering how inattentive he is throughout the match (but he is running machine gun commentary as it's rare to not hear him rambling in some entertaining way) for tracking survivor's hooks, perks and perception of time. He's definitely worse at the game than people like Otzdarva or ScottJund (or even Tru3) because he's literally just playing to have fun instead of trying to optimize every inch...Anyways.

    Not sure if Blight just clicked with him but watching some of his curving and lethal rushes - I willingly admit he is definitely a better Blight than me and worth a watch if you want to dig through his 5~ so most recent videos showcasing Blight.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFtfC22GrpI&ab_channel=OhTofu

    While an Alchemist Ring showcase, this one at 14:00 shows a nifty hit at Killer shack among other things that seem basic but refutes those, "You can't use his power at loops" naysayers. He only struggles with very tight small unsafe loops (for using his power) in which case you are still a 115% M1 killer... bring Brutal strength or his Irris Compound to take care of annoying pallet loops or gun for someone else with your high 230% mobility.

    Well, blight is okay-ish, but Oh-tofu doesn't really played against people who know how to dogde his attacks in his videos. Except for one time, when 3 or 4 survivors escaped :D.

  • @tak47888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192461/ohtofu-showing-how-to-play-blight-for-baby-killers-who-said-he-is-unplayable

    Well, blight is okay-ish, but Oh-tofu doesn't really played against people who know how to dogde his attacks in his videos. Except for one time, when 3 or 4 survivors escaped :D.


    And he is reallly really really add-on dependent. The right add-ons make him very powerful, otherwise he is just okay.

  • @katsumodo47 said:

    He's trash on console

    Not even close mate.

    I play him at rank 1 and still can get 4k.

    It's a matter of knowing when and where to use his power

  • @CrapByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629494#Comment_1629494

    No one is complaining. And of course you do think so, maybe you're braindead like tofu too. Ignoring big facts of the game and problems like gens speed, FPS drops, stuttering, dedicated servers, system validation hit just because "it's funny to press M1 on a gen and tunneling and we have cosmetics and if you don't like gen speed, new killer pinball or whatever your terrible at the game ggez" lmfao what a great thought. Remember kids watching fog Whisperers decreases your IQ jeez.

    Yeah ok bud

  • Yeah this forum really exposed a lot of reactionary or just straight up bad killers on day 1-2. His lunge gave me a bit of trouble at first but this killer has made me fall in love with dbd again. So good and so much fun

  • Even though he might not saying it nicely, I have to agree with him.

    You have gen rush and gen rush.

    You have teams who have builds to just rush the gens as fast as possible, like all gens done, exit gates open within a 5 minute time.

    All this when 1 survivor is getting chased and usually a 4 man swf on comms.

    And you have teams where the killer applies a little pressure to gens.

    Usually it is because the killer plays with noed and just focus on 1 person.

    And you have where it's just a too big of a map to being able to pressure gens.

    Think about mother's dwelling and temple of purgation, with a 12.000 square meters of of the biggest maps in the game.

    So yeah gen rush is an issue and personally I find 80s for 1 survivor a reasonable time, but how many times are you doing a gen solo?

    In my experience very rarely.

    I wouldn't mind if they change that to for example if 2 survivors working on the same gen it's only a 10s faster, and it drops with 10s for each survivor working on that gen.

    And the other issues.

    Yes there is definitely a drop in fps, I too have times where the game stuttered or freezes for a sec.

    Getting hit because they took away the hit validation beta which worked for me.

    I haven't noticed anything with huntress, but I'm not saying that it wasn't an issue.


    So yes the game has some serious issues on all platforms, and some issues are very easy to notice 😉✌️

  • Watched the first 3 seconds of the video and i am already asking the question. Why are the survivors he hits just holding W and not just turning away from his attack. He can't change direction once he starts the lunge so EZ 360.

  • @Zozzy said:

    Watched the first 3 seconds of the video and i am already asking the question. Why are the survivors he hits just holding W and not just turning away from his attack. He can't change direction once he starts the lunge so EZ 360.

    He has pretty good turning on the lunge and if he knows your going to try and spin or dead hard its pretty easy to predict it. Lunging right and quickly left will get you the hit easily as the lunge seems to swing wider on the right. The good survivors ive played against so far seem to know breakingLOS and hugging the wall close is a good way to stop hhim. But if they do you can just accept the cooldown and keep the chase going.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631609#Comment_1631609

    Even though he might not saying it nicely, I have to agree with him.

    You have gen rush and gen rush.

    You have teams who have builds to just rush the gens as fast as possible, like all gens done, exit gates open within a 5 minute time.

    All this when 1 survivor is getting chased and usually a 4 man swf on comms.

    And you have teams where the killer applies a little pressure to gens.

    Usually it is because the killer plays with noed and just focus on 1 person.

    And you have where it's just a too big of a map to being able to pressure gens.

    Think about mother's dwelling and temple of purgation, with a 12.000 square meters of of the biggest maps in the game.

    So yeah gen rush is an issue and personally I find 80s for 1 survivor a reasonable time, but how many times are you doing a gen solo?

    In my experience very rarely.

    I wouldn't mind if they change that to for example if 2 survivors working on the same gen it's only a 10s faster, and it drops with 10s for each survivor working on that gen.

    And the other issues.

    Yes there is definitely a drop in fps, I too have times where the game stuttered or freezes for a sec.

    Getting hit because they took away the hit validation beta which worked for me.

    I haven't noticed anything with huntress, but I'm not saying that it wasn't an issue.

    So yes the game has some serious issues on all platforms, and some issues are very easy to notice 😉✌️

    You're right in everything you said but that kind of people doesn't see it dude. Don't waste words on him, let him be happy watching fog whisperers and gen rushing and thinking that pressing M1 on a gen makes you a great survivor, like almost all survivor mains thinks.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631609#Comment_1631609

    Even though he might not saying it nicely, I have to agree with him.

    You have gen rush and gen rush.

    You have teams who have builds to just rush the gens as fast as possible, like all gens done, exit gates open within a 5 minute time.

    All this when 1 survivor is getting chased and usually a 4 man swf on comms.

    And you have teams where the killer applies a little pressure to gens.

    Usually it is because the killer plays with noed and just focus on 1 person.

    And you have where it's just a too big of a map to being able to pressure gens.

    Think about mother's dwelling and temple of purgation, with a 12.000 square meters of of the biggest maps in the game.

    So yeah gen rush is an issue and personally I find 80s for 1 survivor a reasonable time, but how many times are you doing a gen solo?

    In my experience very rarely.

    I wouldn't mind if they change that to for example if 2 survivors working on the same gen it's only a 10s faster, and it drops with 10s for each survivor working on that gen.

    And the other issues.

    Yes there is definitely a drop in fps, I too have times where the game stuttered or freezes for a sec.

    Getting hit because they took away the hit validation beta which worked for me.

    I haven't noticed anything with huntress, but I'm not saying that it wasn't an issue.

    So yes the game has some serious issues on all platforms, and some issues are very easy to notice 😉✌️

    He didn't say it badly, he made no sense at all, and put a bunch of stuff in my mouth that I never said. Only thing I said is gen speed is (mostly) fine, and he 'accused' me of ignoring other issues as well and immediately assumed I'm a survivor main, because telling people they're bad killers automatically makes me a survivor main right?

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631655#Comment_1631655

    He didn't say it badly, he made no sense at all, and put a bunch of stuff in my mouth that I never said. Only thing I said is gen speed is (mostly) fine, and he 'accused' me of ignoring other issues as well and immediately assumed I'm a survivor main, because telling people they're bad killers automatically makes me a survivor main right?

    You can't be serious if you're a killer main and you said gen speed it's fine. Really? I think you don't understand well DBD then. I dropped here.

1 2 ›