Can you actually name anyone who regularly uses Deathslinger's Iri addons?
I mean, I know some of you hate playing and facing Caleb, I can respect that, but for those with better taste and skill: Do you actually use the Branding Iron and coin, or can name anyone who does?
(note: regular as in 'actually happy when they pop up on the bloodweb so they can be used')
edit:
Also, additionally:
Who uses the addons that affect his speed while aiming down the gun? Like, they are more useful than his iri stuff, but I haven't seen anyone yet (from atop of my head) who would put those to good use. most people seem to either fake aim or stop to aim (depending on how the survivor runs)
Comments
I never use them, they are trash.
My thoughts exactly.
Likewise:
Why do we have a purple version of the chewing tobacco, but no purple version of the railroad spike (no, the barbed wire does not do the same)
I don't know anyone that does, and when I rarely see Deathslingers none of them use it. They are mediocre, even when compared to his common add-ons.
Iridescent Coin: Works only within a narrow ring around you (between 15-18 meters). Spearing a survivor at these distances gives you barely enough time to hit them when pulled in, and that's in an open area. If there are any objects you will not drag them in, unless you use Prison Chain / Bayshore's Gold Tooth. Not even worth trying to get use out of.
Hellshire Iron: Terror radius is smaller then normal (24 meters), can barely turn + default fov is too narrow (87°). Basically requires you to use Distressing + Shadowborn to get consistent use out of, but increasing your terror radius makes it harder for you to sneak up to survivors.
When a killer's common add-ons are more valuable then their ULTRA RARES (like Modified Ammo Belt), I consider them failures.
Some people want all iri addons to be like that.
Bad designed add-ons...
Like, with the branding iron a change would be easy: if you reel in a survivor and hit them, they get broken AND their aura revealed, if they break free they get mangled and their aura exposed. That would fit with it being a branding iron.
but the coin? i mean in universe it fits with the entity's rotten sense of humor, but from an outside view: why not have it a iridescent chain that is unbreakable unless another survivor breaks it (and gets deep wound in return)
I find it too hard to discern wether they're just in rangenor not for the coin. I've never actually used the aura revealing one
Worst addons in game hands down. Most of his other addons are better than his iridescent ones.
I rarely use any of his add-ons, especially his intra rares, and I definitely get the occasional 15m+ hit. It's just not worth it, not since M&A is borderline needed on him just to close the initial gap, and they almost always break out thanks to the struggle speed (seemingly) being uncapped.
If his red add-ons got buffed slightly then I’d maybe use them but as is they’re pretty ineffective.
Me, I like his iridescent coin quite a lot. Although, I don't tend to run iris that much.
I mean, who "regularly" uses Iri add-ons to begin with? I think the only Killer where I see the most Iri add-ons being used is Huntress. I rarely ever use add-ons at all, and the times I do is just to mess around like on Doctor with Game.
But DeathSlinger's pink add-ons are just not that great. One requires you to be in the most perfectly situated position to reel someone in with absolutely no interruptions while the other, 8/10 times you're still gonna be in the same chase, regardless of whether you see other individuals or not.
I use them decently often as DS main. Tbh they aren't as horrible as people say they are, the effects are very strong yet the problem is that they're difficult to use.
Getting confirmed longshots isn't really all that easy vs good survivors and that they're very situational doesn't help. Still, many people using IRI coin will miss their opportunities to land it by either getting too close, injuring or just straight out missing and LOS.
The iron can be good but it really depends on how much survivors group up. TR is pretty low on DS so with turning beiing as limited as it is you can't get too much info from it pretty much never.
My opinion is that they're fine, all of DS addons are pretty mediocre with a few exceptions. I like it though, having super game chaning addons can be fun but also opressive. I wouldn't mind a rework or a buff on a few of them but I don't think it's necessary.
At least those add-ons don't actively nerf the Killer the way an add-on like Amanda's Secret does. :P
I used them both one time and by the end of the round I forgot I had them equipped because they did nothing.
I think it is safe to say that NOONE regularly uses ultra rares. I mean, they are ultra rare. I know that you can possibly never run out of them if you invest all your BP on the same killer, but most people don't do that. And most people don't just play with all their ultra rares. 90% of all games (rough guess) don't contain ultra rare killer addons
But I guess your main aim is to talk about that you are not happy with his addons, rather than knowing who runs them, right?
People using one of those randomiser wheels to pick their add ons?
Honestly I really wish they'd replace one with "After a successful spear, the redeemer is automatically reloaded." Obviously you'd still have the blade wipe, but no 'double stun' of blade wipe then reload.
let's say 'regular' in the sense of 'being happy you got them unlocked'
The one that gives survivors exposed has to be used with the purple add on that makes your line harder to break.
The branding iron gives you information that's near impossible to use and for all intents and purposes is better as a brown add on but here we are.
Then I can just speak for myself. They are both not the best addons in the game but also not the most useless ones like Onis Iridiscent Family Crest.
Aura reading is always a good thing, it helps you find nearby survivors trying to flashlight save, if you run Discordance you just need to hit one of them and probably find the other crouching somewhere waiting for you to chase the other guy and jump on the gen again. You can find survivors you were not aware of. It does not trigger like 10 times per game but it can surely help you find some survivors and spread damage, which is one of the necessary pressure tools for Slinger. I wouldn't rate it A tier as you are quite limited with your FOV while spearing a survivor, not worth being an ultra rare but it is definitely not a bad addon.
The Insta down addon is a bit strange as it is too hard to estimate the range of 15-18m and too rare to get a clear shot at that range. There are too many maps where this is not even possible, like every indoor map or also Haddonfield in 90% of the cases. But I think this addon would be fine if you just reduce the minimum distance to 12m. Currently I used it for several games and got some nice ranged shots on Father Campbell Chapel (out of the chapel) and some on Cornfields (using nurses to spear the healthy one) but also some horrible games on too LOS blocking maps and simply too rare situations to make use of it or just shooting at 14 or 19m targets. Again not worth being ultra rare, weaker than the aura reading, but as his base power is already pretty strong and he is not really addon dependent, I like playing this addon from time to time
Does anyone actually "regularly" use Iridescent add-ons? They're so expensive and in such short supply that I tend to save them for special occasions and not for the average match.
But yeah, Deathslinger's iri's are pretty mediocre. I tried to make his Coin work for a while, but its effect tended to not activate (even when I was certain I caught a survivor far enough away) so I ultimately ditched it out of frustration.
I do on my P3 Trapper. When I am overflowing with bloodpoints I pour them into him til I even out at about 750,000 and over time he's gotten a ton of bloody coils and iri stones plus a ton of black wards. My traps either stay open or you get hurt for disarming them. If I say no you can't go there this game...then you can't go there.
...but I also rotate through my library of other killers and I'm still chewing through their basic add ons.
Also, additionally:
Who uses the addons that affect his speed while aiming down the gun? Like, they are more useful than his iri stuff, but I haven't seen anyone yet (from atop of my head) who would put those to good use. most people seem to either fake aim or stop to aim (depending on how the survivor runs)
It is literally random chance to get the coin to work. Either the map has to much junk in the way preventing you from ever getting that shot or they are to close because you don't have an indicator to tell you when it is active.
Technically you have the 'sharpshooter' points counter as indicator, but that's a 'blink and you miss it' thing
You only get that after you shoot them, not telling you when to shoot.