Console optimization

Is it just me or is the optimization quite bad on console?

Share your thoughts/ experiences fellow console players

Edit: Since threads have been merged here is the original comment from a merged thread so you can freely comment on it too

Console players have been justifiably demanding decent frames for years and nothing has been done. We were promised an optimization two years ago. What came of that? Why is this not a priority? Why are we treated so coldly when we rightfully demand updates on what we were promised a long time ago?ย 

Most importantly, why should we believe we'll be listened to now? Because someone said that the devs were looking into it? Or that we've been heard? I'm sorry, but those vague answers aren't enough. We need real updates and clear communication.

This post isn't even just about console optimization or the devs not keeping their word. I would like to know why we should believe we've been heard when we've been brushed off for so long.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @DontNerf said:

    I think its all to do with the next gen consoles why would they try to optimize for a console thats ages old? Its sad really i wish they would just give us something the on the matter not just some "We're looking into it" answer again that EVERY DEV TEAM DO

    PS5 comes out in 2 months and they haven't said anything about how DBD will play on next gen. People have put the questions up for Q&As and they ignore them. The silence on it doesn't give me any hope that it will run better on next gen.

  • @Stinde said:

    As far as silencing console players go, here is a link to this thread that's being sinked so it won't be seen by so many people:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187610/the-fps-on-console-will-not-go-slient-until-we-get-an-actual-answer

    Even when it gets new comments, it doesn't go to the first page.

    Cencoring is getting strong in this forum.

    I just commented my frames issues as survivor and it stayed at bottom of page 2. They REALLY are against console players trying to discuss the frames issues.

    Edit to add: sinking posts does not give me faith that they care at all about console. Really just doubles down on the feeling they aren't listening and don't care.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588322#Comment_1588322

    I just commented my frames issues as survivor and it stayed at bottom of page 2. They REALLY are against console players trying to discuss the frames issues.

    Well the 3000 IQ play to shut down the console frame forum did exactly what could be expected. I went to check PS4 metacritic after it was shut down and sure enough there it is.

    so instead of it just being here in dbd forums now it is on metacritic. Nice ๐Ÿ‘ good luck shutting that down. LOL

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588437#Comment_1588437

    Well the 3000 IQ play to shut down the console frame forum did exactly what could be expected. I went to check PS4 metacritic after it was shut down and sure enough there it is.

    so instead of it just being here in dbd forums now it is on metacritic. Nice ๐Ÿ‘ good luck shutting that down. LOL

    Hopefully more will head to metacritic and review. Maybe that will actually have an impact since they can't close/sink/delete posts there.

  • Console players are always put on the back burner while PC players receive so much attention. They need to realize that there is more than just one platform, put the PC players on a cool burner top allowing the console players to be put on the hot burner.

    There's so many bugs and frame rate issues, it'd take a week to name them all. Not only that they need to stop releasing new chapters like it'll fix everything. Fix the current bugs and go from there, with every new chapter is a million new bugs, PC players are fine because they have desktops that run extremely well, but Xbox players frame rates decrease by the second.

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588437#Comment_1588437

    Well the 3000 IQ play to shut down the console frame forum did exactly what could be expected. I went to check PS4 metacritic after it was shut down and sure enough there it is.

    so instead of it just being here in dbd forums now it is on metacritic. Nice ๐Ÿ‘ good luck shutting that down. LOL

    Well metacritic bombing was discussed briefly on the original thread but we stopped because we didn't want to give them a valid reason to lock the thread. Turns out valid reasons weren't necessary anyway.

    Bumping a friendly & productive discussion on game health = very bad

    15 threads on the front page at all times where we all scream at each other about ds, noed, and maining the wrong side = actually very good

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588458#Comment_1588458

    Well metacritic bombing was discussed briefly on the original thread but we stopped because we didn't want to give them a valid reason to lock the thread. Turns out valid reasons weren't necessary anyway.

    Bumping a friendly & productive discussion on game health = very bad

    15 threads on the front page at all times where we all scream at each other about ds, noed, and maining the wrong side = actually very good

    Yet the mods excuse is, "These discussions about console issues cause to much drama"

    But they take a look at the the toxicity between killer and survivor mains and no one getting along and give them a thumbs up. The players are their cash cow they can whine all they want, but they still get profit in the end. That's how I see it at least.

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588496#Comment_1588496

    Yet the mods excuse is, "These discussions about console issues cause to much drama"

    But they take a look at the the toxicity between killer and survivor mains and no one getting along and give them a thumbs up. The players are their cash cow they can whine all they want, but they still get profit in the end. That's how I see it at least.

    "Discussions about console issues cause too much drama" allows multiple posts of PC players just insulting the console player base without closing or sinking them. ๐Ÿ™„

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588501#Comment_1588501

    "Discussions about console issues cause too much drama" allows multiple posts of PC players just insulting the console player base without closing or sinking them. ๐Ÿ™„

    Because that's totally fine, didn't you know?

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588501#Comment_1588501

    "Discussions about console issues cause too much drama" allows multiple posts of PC players just insulting the console player base without closing or sinking them. ๐Ÿ™„

    Survivors Vs Killers = ๐Ÿ‘

    Console Vs PC = ๐Ÿ‘

    Community Vs Devs = alright that's enough drama for now ๐Ÿ”

  • Here's some examples for killer copied from the closed post.

    Clown - Frames drop everytime the gas shows up on the screen

    Myers - Frames drop when tiering up

    Deathslinger - Frames drop when aiming in.

    Everyone - When gaining bloodlust frames drop.

    Lerys Insane Asylum - Frames across the board are awful.

    Nurse - Lantern head makes frames drop and they can drop anyway at random.

    Hag - Too many traps active at once

    Spirit - Very minor frame drops when entering or leaving phase

    Demo - When starting shread and when walking over surfaces that cancel your portal prompt

    PHead - Ive had some bad frames when starting the game, this will have to be tested though.

  • Iโ€™m getting so tired of dying on the hook while in struggle just because of the damn frames dropping.

  • @UseTheValve said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588474#Comment_1588474

    Do you see the problem with your mentality? Why are you even turning this into a PC vs console thread AGAIN?

    There is framerate issues on EVERY DAMN thing this game plays on including PC, you guys seems to have it worse but just don't turn this into a no sense PC vs console debate.

    We are all on this together, BHVR needs to address the numero issues with this game Framerate, the whole lack of option to fini tune the graphics on PC, the stuttering is also present on PC btw, I fixed it but switch the game on my SSD otherwise I had HUGE stutter when a new effect appeared on screen, so guys quit acting like this game plays well for every damn PC player at 2000 FPS, these developers caps the framerate at 62 on PC and you need a major in computer engineering to get the game to run in Exclusive fullscreen.

    They need to stop release chapter and fix the whole damn game. It's coming from a PC player.

    I wasn't trying to turn it into a PC vs Console thread, I was simply stating PC players get lots of attention, just set them on the back burner for a sec so the FPS on Console can be fixed, that's it

  • The discussion about poor performance on consoles that amassed over 1k comments was very civil and the mods were looking for any excuse to close it.

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588548#Comment_1588548

    I wasn't trying to turn it into a PC vs Console thread, I was simply stating PC players get lots of attention, just set them on the back burner for a sec so the FPS on Console can be fixed, that's it

    And all I'm saying is that we are all on the back burner for them to release 3030474 killers in the game ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

  • @UseTheValve said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588555#Comment_1588555

    And all I'm saying is that we are all on the back burner for them to release 3030474 killers in the game ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

    Then I'm sorry, you don't have to go off about it, it just seems PC players get so much attention while us Console players have to wait day and night while being bullied by majority (not all) PC players

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588560#Comment_1588560

    Then I'm sorry, you don't have to go off about it, it just seems PC players get so much attention while us Console players have to wait day and night while being bullied by majority (not all) PC players

    I feel you this place isn't really a friendly place, seems to get the worse out of people.

  • After having my posts removed that are about this topic, I suppose I am left to step away from this game and BHVR. It's a shame there isn't better handling of this topic. Good luck to those who hope to play this game in the future!

  • @Azgard12 said:

    After having my posts removed that are about this topic, I suppose I am left to step away from this game and BHVR. It's a shame there isn't better handling of this topic. Good luck to those who hope to play this game in the future!

    Good luck to you too. May we meet one day in console paradise, where the frames flow like wine

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588458#Comment_1588458

    Well metacritic bombing was discussed briefly on the original thread but we stopped because we didn't want to give them a valid reason to lock the thread. Turns out valid reasons weren't necessary anyway.

    Bumping a friendly & productive discussion on game health = very bad

    15 threads on the front page at all times where we all scream at each other about ds, noed, and maining the wrong side = actually very good

    yeah, if anything this is the main thing that upsets me.

    Not the fact that Mods/Devs aren't responding.

    Not the fact that they not only closed the thread, but black listed the topic "console framerate" from the forum (don't worry, this topic will get closed/silenced by the end of the day).

    Not the fact that the only dramah inside the thread was caused by their answers or lack thereof.

    But the fact that the thread was astoundingly respectful, overall "in-topic" and exceptionally self-moderated, for example our discouraging the promotion of review bombing that you just mentioned. If the problem was a couple of people "bumping" without real reason the thread (spoiler alert: until the frame rate issue is solved, there always will be a good reason to have the topic in the front page), they could have banned these users.

    Instead they just didn't care about the entirety of the console community and closed a wonderful thread (...and banned the culprits anyway, because at that point why not).

    But I'll be patient. Next tuesday we'll see how far patience can go, though.


    EDIT: I'll make some tests to measure how fps have changed when the new patch comes out, which will be summarised in a video

    If anybody wants to help with the performance tests contact me on discord:ย Nobsyde#3391

    (I'm specifically looking for Xbox, Xbox X, PS4 Pro and Switch users)

  • last time I saw it, it was about 900 comments. Was it closed? I always saw it at the top of the page and was very happy that players were continuing talking about it. If it was closed that is a massive yikes. Rip console players (me included)

  • Yes a mod closed it.

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588560#Comment_1588560

    Then I'm sorry, you don't have to go off about it, it just seems PC players get so much attention while us Console players have to wait day and night while being bullied by majority (not all) PC players

    Don't forget that there are quite a few PC players that struggle with bad optimization too.

    Not every PC player has a 1000 dollar machine.

  • Yes it was, because too many responses were off-topic, and many people were being rather aggressive in the thread (not my words).

    ngl i dont think i helped it much since i was one of the people who would bump it back to the front about half the time i commented, so im sorry guys).

  • @OBX said:

    Yes a mod closed it.

    Do you happen to know why? Sounds like a dick move tbh

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    last time I saw it, it was about 900 comments. Was it closed? I always saw it at the top of the page and was very happy that players were continuing talking about it. If it was closed that is a massive yikes. Rip console players (me included)

    A member bumped the post after a mod issued a warning and it was closed. It's such a shame as I liked reading the daily comments on there.

  • Yes. Their excuse was "drama" and bumping.

    They needed any excuse to silence it since they don't want to fix things.

    No rip, we will continue to talk about this issue here, on reddit, on metacritic, on social media, anywhere, as long as it takes the devs to man up and acknowledge this and give us an answer.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187677/was-the-big-optimization-thread-closed

    A member bumped the post after a mod issued a warning and it was closed. It's such a shame as I liked reading the daily comments on there.

    Yeah it was nice that I wasnโ€™t the only one experiencing the same issues: Getting hit with sloppy, Demo and Doc being terrible, indoor maps,etc.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588563#Comment_1588563

    Don't forget that there are quite a few PC players that struggle with bad optimization too.

    Not every PC player has a 1000 dollar machine.

    Even so, the point still stands the devs need to stop releasing new DLCs to distract us from the issues in the game and focus on the bugs, bad frame rate, ect.

  • closing It and jailing folks who are critical of the cowardice fixed nothing. Just look how many posts are up now because of that. Itโ€™s really quite funny

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588517#Comment_1588517

    Survivors Vs Killers = ๐Ÿ‘

    Console Vs PC = ๐Ÿ‘

    Community Vs Devs = alright that's enough drama for now ๐Ÿ”

    Yeah,those post that just try to shame other plattforms are rediculous,right?

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    last time I saw it, it was about 900 comments. Was it closed? I always saw it at the top of the page and was very happy that players were continuing talking about it. If it was closed that is a massive yikes. Rip console players (me included)

    long story short, they didn't want the dramah on the front page.

    Doesn't matter, next week there will be the new patch, which will come more than 1 month after I opened the thread btw, so we'll see how much we've been listened to.

    I'll certainly make some tests to measure how fps have changed, so just be patient and don't get banned in the meanwhile lol.

    If anybody wants to help with the performance tests contact me on discord: Nobsyde#3391

  • @Stinde said:

    Yes. Their excuse was "drama" and bumping.

    They needed any excuse to silence it since they don't want to fix things.

    No rip, we will continue to talk about this issue here, on reddit, on metacritic, on social media, anywhere, as long as it takes the devs to man up and acknowledge this and give us an answer.

    Itโ€™s a pretty bad look on them if it never gets addressed. I kinda miss the weekly streams we got usually on Thursdays, which usually have answered questions the community asked quite often. Seemed liked they really cared back then.

  • First they ignored the comments in a thread.

    Then they began deleting and locking threads.

    Now they're banning users?

    I guess the game is over.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Yes it was, because too many responses were off-topic, and many people were being rather aggressive in the thread (not my words).

    ngl i dont think i helped it much since i was one of the people who would bump it back to the front about half the time i commented, so im sorry guys).

    No need to feel sorry, they were looking for ANY reason to close it after the warning and jumped at the chance when one person bumped it without including anything about frames. They've actually started sinking posts about console optimization too - you comment and the post doesn't move.

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588603#Comment_1588603

    Even so, the point still stands the devs need to stop releasing new DLCs to distract us from the issues in the game and focus on the bugs, bad frame rate, ect.

    Stopping new DLCs is unrealistic and won't do anything.

    What they need to do is to form a team that only deals with optimization .Similiar to the team they have that works on the graphic update for all the maps.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588616#Comment_1588616

    Stopping new DLCs is unrealistic and won't do anything.

    What they need to do is to form a team that only deals with optimization .Similiar to the team they have that works on the graphic update for all the maps.

    I might be mistaken, but I'm almost sure that a looooong time ago they already announced there is a separate team for optimisation.

    ...so yeah...

  • Posting this here again because the other thread seems bugged:

    @Madjura said:

    On PC FPS issues were fixed by lowering the resolution setting. It's a slider for some reason. Is that possible on console?

    If it's not possible maybe it can be set for all console players in an update. On PC at least changing the resolution setting seems to do basically nothing visually.

  • @Madjura said:

    Posting this here again because the other thread seems bugged:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588605#Comment_1588605

    That post isn't bugged, mods set it to sink so when people comment it doesn't get bumped up.

    People on ps4 tried lowering to 720, unfortunately from replies I saw it didn't do much to help. They've also tried removing charms and avoiding certain cosmetics. It's all bad band aid fixes that only help a little of at all.

  • Wait, how did I end up here? lol. Who moved me?

  • looks Like all the posts that sprang up because the OG post was closed have been consolidated into one single post. Guess it didnโ€™t look good to have 5-6 posts on the front page about console frames and about a mod closing the good post. This is so funny

  • I don't think my post broke any rules. Why was it removed?

  • @OBX said:

    looks Like all the posts that sprang up because the OG post was closed have been consolidated into one single post. Guess it didnโ€™t look good to have 5-6 posts on the front page about console frames and about a mod closing the good post. This is so funny

    I mean, what did they really expect would happen when abruptly closing a 1k+ comment post? That's like console expecting optimization when they say they're "looking into it/passed it on." ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    I don't think my post broke any rules. Why was it removed?

    Tight times for the rules, I guess.

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    I don't think my post broke any rules. Why was it removed?

    Not removed, was merged into this one with friendlier title.

  • I remember when they said every major update would include optimization steps for console. Framerates been getting worse and worse every update for over a year now.

  • All of this is simply shameful. I have nothing else to add. I have made objective and constructive criticisms on the deep problems that the console version has but apparently we are doing drama?

    Like the 2018 patch promise that magically became pass?

    No let me understand, according to the devs I should still support them financially after I play in some maps in slow motion making me sick? But you can absolutely forget it, we deserve more respect as we have faithfully funded your game and have been very patient for 2 years.

    Your silence hurts us, even more your attempt to silence us when there are posts of us console players reputed scum and the usual Noed vs DS. Congratulations on your non-existent friendliness. If you want to ban me with this message, go ahead, you will do nothing but agree with the criticisms of recent weeks. Told by a former fan of yours

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588663#Comment_1588663

    Not removed, was merged into this one with friendlier title.

    That's a shame. I was legitimately curious as to why the console players should believe we've been heard after being ignored for such a long time. I think, at this point, the question is more than fair.

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    I don't think my post broke any rules. Why was it removed?

    What happened to your post?

  • Apparently it was merged with this one because the title was unfriendly. I don't think I was being mean, but it's whatever. I'm just kind of irritated by this whole situation.

1 2 3 4 โ€ฆ 8