The MOST Toxic SWF I've Ever Faced... Toxic Game and racist insults

It's so nice to NOT be able to change killer once I enter a lobby right? why is this a thing?

I played against 4 survivors with flashlights, I didn't have LightBorn for my P3 GF and I couldn't change killer thanks to the new "feature".

The game went on and EVERY ONE of the survivors teabagged me at EVERY thing they did, either if it was a pallet drop, pallet stun, a gen popping in my face, etc. They did the flashlight CLICKY CLIC CLIC thing too ALL the time.

Suddenly, I noticed I was generalizing cause one of them wasn't toxic like the others, so, I let him go in the end, but the others, OMG the others! I wanted a special ending for all of them, Killed one and Slugged the most toxic ones in the End Game instead of giving them the 3rd hook.

3 men SWF, the 4th one I let go was from another platform, how do I know it was a 3 men SWF? Cause they invited me to their party (Xbox), I guess they wanted no messages to be left as evidence.

The insults could be heard, from "beaner" to "wall jumper", the racist screams were all over the party, my only anwer? "HAHAHAHAHAHA". *Proceeded to leave the party, reported the 3 of them.

TODAY I WOKE UP TO A NICE THING, a message from XBOX "An action has been taken against a player you reported", 3 of those messages one after another.

I have a video of the end game, btw, a jewel I intend to keep.

Comments

  • Thats not right its good you reported the devs will take racism very seriously

  • I hope they all got banned. Racist filth.

  • Yeah xbox swf are by far the most toxic people in dbd. All using meta perks, keys, map offerings for ormond and haddonfield and then have to fall to tbag and click at a poor console nurse who could do nothing against them.


    Don't forget about how if you kill them, they spam invites and messages. I remember one time there was this person I got at a loop as doctor and they spammed party invites for a good 2 mins.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    Thats not right its good you reported the devs will take racism very seriously

    Didn't report on DBD or to devs, it was all in party chat Xbox, no evidence but the recording Xbox has of the pary chat, my guess is that they got banned from Xbox mutiplayer, that's what usually happens

  • @InsaneNurseMain said:

    Yeah xbox swf are by far the most toxic people in dbd. All using meta perks, keys, map offerings for ormond and haddonfield and then have to fall to tbag and click at a poor console nurse who could do nothing against them.

    Don't forget about how if you kill them, they spam invites and messages. I remember one time there was this person I got at a loop as doctor and they spammed party invites for a good 2 mins.

    Did you join?

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575712#Comment_1575712

    Didn't report on DBD or to devs, it was all in party chat Xbox, no evidence but the recording Xbox has of the pary chat, my guess is that they got banned from Xbox mutiplayer, that's what usually happens

    Ah I see I never had that for xbox

  • A bit unrelated but you can blame the community for the killer lock. So many people asked for Killer specific matchmaking and apparently didn't think that through (because killer specific matchmaking doesn't make sense if you can switch the killer in the lobby). The Devs listened and want to implement it.

    It isn't active at the moment, I know, maybe further MMR-Test are easier with the lock, maybe the Devs are just lazy, who knows, still the community is to blame for this feature imo.

  • You're doing gods entitys work.

    I wish DbD would give us a notification if action had been taken, too.

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    A bit unrelated but you can blame the community for the killer lock. So many people asked for Killer specific matchmaking and apparently didn't think that through (because killer specific matchmaking doesn't make sense if you can switch the killer in the lobby). The Devs listened and want to implement it.

    It isn't active at the moment, I know, maybe further MMR-Test are easier with the lock, maybe the Devs are just lazy, who knows, still the community is to blame for this feature imo.

    I don't get it, we all know killer is the weak side, in my OPINION and my experience (this means I cannot generalize) survivor is way easier than killer, and I play both the same, rank 1 both sides.

  • Last 'toxic' comment i got was after playing a doctor game. Not sure what the deal is but doc just feels off. Like his shoes are made of butter or something. As much as i love him, i cant play doc because of the controls on xbox. Anyway, i got like 3 hooks total and zero kills. After game i got a messege. "Trash" so i replied "Thanks!" and went about my day.

    I used to try to reply and open a discourse with people. But i just couldn't be bothered.

    Didn't get another messege so im assuming my reactiin wasn't what they wanted.

  • This is why Killers camp and tunnel as much as they do. The few ruin it for the majority.

    I recommend that the moment you see more than 2 flashlights, you bring in a mori since you can’t change Killers in the lobby anymore. Scummy players deserve no mercy.

    I haven’t played Killer in a while, can you at least change out your perks and offerings while you’re in a lobby?

  • Since when do you get feedback about reported players o.O

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    A bit unrelated but you can blame the community for the killer lock. So many people asked for Killer specific matchmaking and apparently didn't think that through (because killer specific matchmaking doesn't make sense if you can switch the killer in the lobby). The Devs listened and want to implement it.

    It isn't active at the moment, I know, maybe further MMR-Test are easier with the lock, maybe the Devs are just lazy, who knows, still the community is to blame for this feature imo.

    I wouldnt call it "blame". You still can dodge the lobby. No problem

  • Anyone have any idea if Playstation also has a notification thing for if an action is taken against another person? I remember someone once sent me a message on there bustin' out that traditional homophobic slur nonstop for, like, a whole minute. Naturally, I reported them to Sony, but I never found out if anything ever came of that report.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    This is why Killers camp and tunnel as much as they do. The few ruin it for the majority.

    I recommend that the moment you see more than 2 flashlights, you bring in a mori since you can’t change Killers in the lobby anymore. Scummy players deserve no mercy.

    I haven’t played Killer in a while, can you at least change out your perks and offerings while you’re in a lobby?

    Yes, you can change the loadout, not the killer, the problem is "what happens if I don't have the loadout I need or the mori they deserve with the current killer I'm using?"

  • @Deadeye said:

    Since when do you get feedback about reported players o.O

    On Xbox? Since always, it was an Xbox console report, not a DBD report

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575725#Comment_1575725

    I wouldnt call it "blame". You still can dodge the lobby. No problem

    I have to be honest about this, I've NEVER dodged a lobby, I liked the challenge, it didn't even cross my mind to do so

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575725#Comment_1575725

    I don't get it, we all know killer is the weak side, in my OPINION and my experience (this means I cannot generalize) survivor is way easier than killer, and I play both the same, rank 1 both sides.

    How is that related to killer specific matchmaking?

    Maybe you missed it: The Devs want to implement a system that matches you with survivors based on your skill with the specific killer you selected for that round, for example, if you're really good with GF you should get better Survs, if you are really bad with Nurse, you should also get survivors who are a bit weaker. If you want this system to work, you have to lock the killer, because you could search for a lobby with Demo and get Rank 20 survs and then switch to GF and demolish them.

    The system was shortly active with MMR, but MMR didn't worked so they disabled it, but the Devs want to enable it again in the future, so the killer lock is still there.

  • Lol no. I just sent him a gg wp :) after the game after I got a 4k

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575732#Comment_1575732

    How is that related to killer specific matchmaking?

    Maybe you missed it: The Devs want to implement a system that matches you with survivors based on your skill with the specific killer you selected for that round, for example, if you're really good with GF you should get better Survs, if you are really bad with Nurse, you should also get survivors who are a bit weaker. If you want this system to work, you have to lock the killer, because you could search for a lobby with Demo and get Rank 20 survs and then switch to GF and demolish them.

    The system was shortly active with MMR, but MMR didn't worked so they disabled it, but the Devs want to enable it again in the future, so the killer lock is still there.

    If they actually do the pick per killer stats, that's amazing and I'm ok with that, didn't know about it

  • If you thought the COD lobbies were bad, you have never played dbd on Xbox.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575725#Comment_1575725

    I wouldnt call it "blame". You still can dodge the lobby. No problem

    It still sucks though because that increases your waiting time, when a Lobby would have been totally fine with a different Killer (4man blendette squad vs Doc, 4 medkits vs Plague, flashlights against lightborn.. ).

    In my opinion the matchmaking should stay general for the killers and the Devs should add a training mode instead.

  • @EntitledMyersMain said:

    If you thought the COD lobbies were bad, you have never played dbd on Xbox.

    This is my first experience like this, I mean, I've gotten the usual "tryhard" messages and so, but never before a party invite to racist insults, I actually thought it was hilarious

  • @TAG said:

    Anyone have any idea if Playstation also has a notification thing for if an action is taken against another person? I remember someone once sent me a message on there bustin' out that traditional homophobic slur nonstop for, like, a whole minute. Naturally, I reported them to Sony, but I never found out if anything ever came of that report.

    Yep, they do. You get an update basically saying “the content you flagged broke our terms of service” or whatever. They don’t tell you if the person got banned but Sony is reasonably strict on that stuff.

  • Generally speaking the mods on xbox chat channels tend to be pretty low tolerance for racist transphobic crap. So I'm not surprised these people got there come up in's. Not sure about steam or Behavior unlike most large online multiplayer games there isn't any positive feedback reporting(at least I've never seen it from either friend or forums) and believe me i have reported people for the n word so there was definitely grounds to get these kind of people punished.

  • @Zarathos said:

    Generally speaking the mods on xbox chat channels tend to be pretty low tolerance for racist transphobic crap. So I'm not surprised these people got there come up in's. Not sure about steam or Behavior unlike most large online multiplayer games there isn't any positive feedback reporting(at least I've never seen it from either friend or forums) and believe me i have reported people for the n word so there was definitely grounds to get these kind of people punished.

    Yeah, on XBOX, not game specific reports but comms reports get insta banned, they do check this reports and take it in a really serious way, a friend of mine got banned from using multiplayer party chat for 1 year for insulting someone, not even a racist insult, a regular one.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575743#Comment_1575743

    Yep, they do. You get an update basically saying “the content you flagged broke our terms of service” or whatever. They don’t tell you if the person got banned but Sony is reasonably strict on that stuff.

    Strange. Guess they were on a lunch break.

  • if I was in your position I would have just blasted ######### and THEN left the party and reported them, scum like them don't deserve a sense of hearing

  • even if you can't change killer you can lobby dodge

  • @Carlosylu said:

    It's so nice to NOT be able to change killer once I enter a lobby right? why is this a thing?

    I played against 4 survivors with flashlights, I didn't have LightBorn for my P3 GF and I couldn't change killer thanks to the new "feature".

    The game went on and EVERY ONE of the survivors teabagged me at EVERY thing they did, either if it was a pallet drop, pallet stun, a gen popping in my face, etc. They did the flashlight CLICKY CLIC CLIC thing too ALL the time.

    Suddenly, I noticed I was generalizing cause one of them wasn't toxic like the others, so, I let him go in the end, but the others, OMG the others! I wanted a special ending for all of them, Killed one and Slugged the most toxic ones in the End Game instead of giving them the 3rd hook.

    3 men SWF, the 4th one I let go was from another platform, how do I know it was a 3 men SWF? Cause they invited me to their party (Xbox), I guess they wanted no messages to be left as evidence.

    The insults could be heard, from "beaner" to "wall jumper", the racist screams were all over the party, my only anwer? "HAHAHAHAHAHA". *Proceeded to leave the party, reported the 3 of them.

    TODAY I WOKE UP TO A NICE THING, a message from XBOX "An action has been taken against a player you reported", 3 of those messages one after another.

    I have a video of the end game, btw, a jewel I intend to keep.

    why I am not that lucky to find that funny toxic SWFs?? I only face solo'ed potatoes

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575740#Comment_1575740

    Yes, you can change the loadout, not the killer, the problem is "what happens if I don't have the loadout I need or the mori they deserve with the current killer I'm using?"

    Id just leave the lobby. It’s not worth it to sweat against these types of players, whose goal is to put you down as much as possible. With cross play, finding a match doesn’t take too long.

    The other option is to play basement chest protector. You’ll be ruining their fun because they really want to loop you in front of their friends to show how good they are and tbag at every chance they get. So, play defensively, and forbid them from getting the points that they want. I do this when I’m playing Hag or Trapper and see they have OoO. It just breaks the game when they do and has me question what the devs were on when they introduced that perk into the game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I've seen people openly admit that they play online games just to bully people and not even to play. These people are the ######### stains of the gaming community and I'm happy they were banned, even if only temporarily.

    I hope it was a good year ban though

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    A bit unrelated but you can blame the community for the killer lock. So many people asked for Killer specific matchmaking and apparently didn't think that through (because killer specific matchmaking doesn't make sense if you can switch the killer in the lobby). The Devs listened and want to implement it.

    It isn't active at the moment, I know, maybe further MMR-Test are easier with the lock, maybe the Devs are just lazy, who knows, still the community is to blame for this feature imo.

    I think this is the case where we want to blame a symptom instead of a cause. Killer matchmaking makes sense because killers can play dramatically differently. I should know, I can go from getting a fairly easy 4k (usually) on my Huntress to getting absolutely decimated on my Myers, which is what just happened like 2 hours ago. I'm nowhere near as good with him and am not really sure how to effectively use his power.

    Killer locking is also fine if the matchmaking works based on that. If you're playing a killer you're not good at, you're vastly less likely (in theory) to be matched up with a sweaty 4-man SWF you're unprepared for.

    There's a few deeper issues, though. One is that, as we see from this thread, the bloodweb is a goddamn antiquated mess that makes no sense. Random character progression that costs in-game currency? It's just total nonsense. It makes no sense in even a vaguely competitive game. I have no idea why the bloodweb is still a thing. At the very least you should just learn perks and automatically have them on all killers/survivors. And they should get rid of perk ranks because outside of one specific example, lower tier perks are just worse versions, and the ranks only make sense in this dumb bloodweb system.

    The second is the lack of information. Why is something as important as SWF kept secret? Show visually which survivors are in a group so the killer can prepare, just like with survivor items. If the survivors are using comms, they're still at a massive advantage, so it's not like it would be a huge deal most of the time.

    The third issue is BHVR.

  • Okay them being racist aside, how did the killer lock actually affect you?

    Because without lightborn you still got 3k....

    Seems like just adding it on for the sake of the buzz/bandwagon hate of the killer lock.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575754#Comment_1575754

    If they actually do the pick per killer stats, that's amazing and I'm ok with that, didn't know about it

    Atleast they plan to do so, we'll have to wait and see if the system will work in the future. (I'm still not convinced that the positive effects will be worth the negatives though.)

    If you want to read about the MMR:

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LFYVZLBFOZE7/matchmakingchangesstatusupdate.png

    Today, we have enabled the first phase of our new Matchmaking System for all regions on Xbox One. Read on for more info on our next steps for rolling out the new system!

    Update August 3, 2020 : NOW ACTIVATED ON PC AND CONSOLES.

    We have been running smaller tests of the system on select Xbox One regions for the past few weeks, and the results have been encouraging. The rollout on all Xbox One regions is the next step in testing the system on a wider audience. If all goes well, we are planning on rolling out this feature for all platforms in a couple of weeks.

    The next phase that you will notice goes live with the upcoming mid-chapter update: We are no longer allowing Killers to switch their character while searching for a match, or once in a lobby (excluding Custom Matches). This will allow the new Matchmaking System to track player skill with each killer individually and match them against more appropriately skilled opponents based on their killer selection.

    To put it simply: If you are great with The Oni but you struggle with The Nurse, you will now be playing against stronger survivors when you play The Oni than you do with The Nurse.

    What does this mean?

    The most obvious thing you will see when the new system is active is that there will be a greater variation of Ranks in a single match. Rank 1s playing Rank 20s? It’s possible, don’t panic when you see this, as Ranks are not a true indicator of a player’s skill and are no longer used for matchmaking.

    Additionally, this system comes with a revamped algorithm for matchmaking as a whole. This should improve wait times for finding matches, and we will continue to tweak this part of the system to improve them further over the coming months.

    Why replace Ranks?

    Ranks are not a great way of figuring out how good a player is at the game, because it primarily focuses on "How often you play" and not on "How skilled you are when you play". Based on our matchmaking studies, there are a great deal of “low” ranked players (15-20) who can easily play just as well as “high” ranked players (1-5), but they simply don’t play enough games in a month to increase their rank before they reset on the 13th. And as an inverse, there are Rank 1 -5 players who perform at levels more typical of lower ranks but they play so many games that their rank is higher than expected. This results in unpredictable games: All five players may have the exact same rank but wildly different skill levels in practice, making matches unbalanced.

    How are Ratings better?

    The new Rating system is focused on measuring a player’s skill and predicting how they will perform against a given opponent. This way we can build matches that are more objectively fair for everyone in the game. We have analyzed over 3 million games (at last count) during our tests, and the matchmaking system is proving to be extremely accurate at predicting the outcomes of matches.

    By using this new system, we will be able to place players into more balanced matches more often. When a match is unbalanced, the system will know exactly how unbalanced it is and adjust the player Ratings accordingly.

    Why are there still Ranks?

    Matchmaking has been and continues to be one of the hottest topics we hear about, and we have been listening! To get this implemented as quickly as possible, we have decided to roll it out independent of a rework of the Rank system. That doesn’t mean we don’t have plans for Ranks, however! We are exploring different ideas like turning them into a monthly activity tracker and reward system, when we are ready, we'll communicate more about that

    I still have questions!

    That’s great! We are planning on doing more posts explaining the system in detail, as well as Q&As with the developers who have been working on it. Keep your eyes on the forums and official Dead by Daylight social media channels to learn more.

    @Peanits said:

    Recently, we've asked you for questions about the 4.1.0 update. We've gathered a few of the most upvoted questions and had them answered by the team. We're hoping to update this post with answers to more questions sometime next week.

    Q: Why change the auras?

    The auras were the source of quite a few technical headaches. The rework of the aura system was intended to give our programming teams cleaner code and a more stable aura system. Unfortunately, this had some unintended side effects on visibility. We heard your feedback and are working to improve their visibility. We will have a temporary fix in place shortly as we continue to work on a more permanent solution.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QDX60AP52KH3/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: What was the thought process behind the Mother’s Helpers and Black Grease add-ons?

    The thought process behind both add-ons was to have a miniature version of the Hillbilly’s perks, specifically “Enduring” and “Lightborn”. So, we tried giving something to the killer for being stunned or for being blinded/having a flashlight pointing at you.

    We understand that these add-ons weren’t very popular, so we’ll be making changes to both of them (along with many other add-ons) in the next update.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6FU6E577A57S/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: Where is the Server Side Hit Validation?

    The server side hit validation was originally planned to be tested out during the PTB. Unfortunately, there was an issue with how servers were selected on the PTB which caused most players to experience high latency, so testing the hit validation on that build would have been counter-productive. We will be running a limited test of the hit validation system on the Live version of the game in the coming weeks in order to gather feedback and data about its performance, with the hope of finalizing the feature in the near future!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Y7W4XR5JR7UR/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: You’ve said that you want legendary outfits to have unique animations/sounds. Why doesn’t the Minotaur outfit?

    To clarify, we have only mentioned that we would like to do so in the future.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RR6NXEG9EWWR/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: Why does Knock Out require a basic attack now?

    There were a few killers/builds on which knock out could be particularly powerful. To mitigate that, we’ve made it basic attacks only. We’ll be monitoring the perk to see how it performs.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LAU4R21G9XV8/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: Why is the game freezing every 10 seconds?

    There was an issue in the most recent update which caused a hitch whenever the friends system would attempt to sync. For the time being, we have greatly increased the amount of time between syncs to prevent these hitches from happening as we work on implementing permanent solution. This temporary fix is already in effect and does not require a game update. In the meantime, you can force your friends to list to update by restarting the game.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/49TJ6REWV3IK/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: For Killer specific Matchmaking: How will ratings work for newly released Killers? (e.g. Do you start from 0, or is it based on your other ratings?)

    Every time you start playing a Killer that you haven’t played before (either because they have just been released, or because you have decided to try something new to you), your rating with that killer is weighted based off your ratings with other killers. If your Rating is relatively high with your other killers, then your default rating with a new killer will be weighted upwards somewhat. Regardless of where this weighted rating ends up, the system zeros in on a 90%+ accuracy within ~10 matches. The intention is to give you a head start towards playing balanced (and fun!) matches as quickly as possible.

    @PatBrutal said:

    We've selected a few questions from the community about the new matchmaking system and had them answered by the team.

    • I know you’re looking at skill across different killers but are you looking at skill across different survivors too? even though survivors are just skins, we still have to grind for open perk slots which, for a less experienced survivor like myself, that’s a big deal 

    Generally speaking, the performance difference between a low level survivor (as in, the character level is low) and a high level survivor for a given player isn’t statistically extreme. It also changes very quickly, relatively speaking: It doesn’t take that many games for a low level survivor to get to a reasonable level. To complicate it further, it can even happen over “0” games, if you got the BP from some other means! All that said, we’re going to keep an eye on this and see if it plays out differently in reality, and potentially modify the system to take this into account. 

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/150WZBYV10VT/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    • Can we get a little insight into how SWF matchups will be balanced in the new system? 

    Currently, SWF groups will calculate an average rating of the players in the group, and then the matchmaking system will attempt to find an opponent based off that average. We will be monitoring this and the results it gives in the real world, and may tweak the formula to produce better results if we identify any problems. 

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/07DXKY7XE8V0/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    • How is it gonna be fair to those that are new as a survivor? I feel bad for them 

    We’re specifically monitoring the experience of new players to ensure the system doesn’t immediately throw them games where they are hopelessly outmatched, and we have a few techniques that we’re implementing already to help with this. Lots of technical / mathematic details, but the basic effect will be that new players tend to get matched at a lower skill rating while they’re still new. 

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TGFAZUA81XL9/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    • So after reading this post why aren't the current ranks not weighted in the starting skill rating for the player base?  

    We’ve already been running the skill rating calculation in the background for several months, in order to collect data and to validate some elements of our approach. Anyone who has been playing regularly in that time will already have a loosely calibrated skill rating to start with, which will be refined with each game they play now that the system is live. 

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FNM6B04UNAD6/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    • Is it taken into consideration if players have returned from the game after a long hiatus. Some examples are some people returning after a year or even two. 

     

    Without getting into extreme mathimatical details: Yes, the system does take how long it has been since you last played into account with the rating system. 

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OQ1TAUEV9UFQ/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    • Why are ranks so mismatched now? 

    The Matchmaking News post we made went into detail about this, but to summarize: Ranks are mostly a measure of how much you play in a given month, and doesn’t have a very good correlation with game skill. Skill rating is completely driven by how skilled you are at the game, so there will be some divergence between the two. The rank system will be getting updated Soon(tm) to reflect this difference. 

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/20LI55NFCJ4C/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    • Why are we keeping the skill rating hidden? 

    For every player who gets really excited at the prospect of seeing their skill rating, there is another player who dreads it. For now, to encourage everyone to play the game the best they can, we are keeping the skill rating hidden. We have plans to expose it somewhat in the future, but nothing to announce at this time. 

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/01VR4OI1EPR4/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    • What will it mean to Ranks in the Tally Screen? 

    Right now, the Emblem system / Rank system is being left as-is. We wanted to get the skill rating system out and in player’s hands as quickly as possible. The rank system will be getting updated Soon(tm). 

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A1KXBT9T9HR6/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    • Is the rating started counting now, or already set from past performance?  

    Ratings are initially based on your performance over the last few months, while the system has been collecting data in the background. 

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5HFZKHX7LQ75/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    • What are the factors that affect the ratings?  

    Ratings change based on how you perform in a match while taking your opponents rating into account. If you outplay an opponent who has a much higher rating than yours, then your rating will be adjusted quite a bit. If you outplay an opponent who had a lower rating than yours, then the adjustment is quite small. 

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V7FFIZ2GXWC6/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Other

    • Does this mean that those with different NAT types that weren't able to play together before (unless they had a connection with the lobby leader) can now play together? 

    The skill rating has not direct relation to NAT and network connectivity, as it is used to determine who matches together. As long as your NAT type allows you to connect to the dedicated server, you should be fine to play with anyone else (who can also connect to the dedicated server, of course). Since we are now using servers instead of P2P, NAT incompatibilities are less of an issue. 


  • @Carpemortum said:

    Okay them being racist aside, how did the killer lock actually affect you?

    Because without lightborn you still got 3k....

    Seems like just adding it on for the sake of the buzz/bandwagon hate of the killer lock.

    I actually got a 3k but it was actually a 4k, I let one go, hehehe. But it actually affects the killer pick, I obliterated them cause GF and Trapper are my mains, but imagine I wanted to play, lets say, Plague or Hag, which I don't dominate. I have to say that would've been a clear 4 escapes with an awful teabag and flashlight clic spam experience, if I had been one of those killers, I'd have liked being able to change my killer, precisely, to GF or Trapper. Or at least to a killer which whom I'd get at least a 2k vs a toxic team

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575762#Comment_1575762

    This is my first experience like this, I mean, I've gotten the usual "tryhard" messages and so, but never before a party invite to racist insults, I actually thought it was hilarious

    Not to flex but I've gotten death threats

  • What? Like they meant it or just as an insult?

  • I haven't played this game in a while, but the last toxic comment I got was a streamer telling me to make sure my mother gets Covid, which was fun, but the funniest part was I was playing with @Ribanne as it happened and she made sure he got what he deserved 😉

  • it odd to me when people say it matches people by your skill lvl but playing killer or playing survivor are different like different games night and day so I ask what define skill lvl between killer and survivor? because one side easier then the other.

  • @Zarathos said:

    Generally speaking the mods on xbox chat channels tend to be pretty low tolerance for racist transphobic crap. So I'm not surprised these people got there come up in's. Not sure about steam or Behavior unlike most large online multiplayer games there isn't any positive feedback reporting(at least I've never seen it from either friend or forums) and believe me i have reported people for the n word so there was definitely grounds to get these kind of people punished.

    That's not true xbox takes slurs especially slurs towards LGBTQ people seriously. If you were to type or use these slurs you would get banned.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575776#Comment_1575776

    That's not true xbox takes slurs especially slurs towards LGBTQ people seriously. If you were to type or use these slurs you would get banned.

    Low tolerance means the person dosen't tolerate/punishes that kind of behavior. You seem to misunderstand me. I had a friend who got banned for 3 months for pming a trans slur at some poor dude. My friend got what he deserved and hasn't done crap like that sense.

  • @NaughtiusMaximus said:

    Silly complaining about not being able to change killer.

    You can dodge and queue again if you are afraid of flashlights.

    Did you know that the survivors can't see who they play against at all? So they cant see what addons you have and what killer you are. Kinda silly right?

    I have answered this before, but I'll repeat it, I have NEVER lobby dodged, and that might me why it didn't even cross my mind, I just changed killer or a specific perk if I saw something I disliked. Changing killer ain't a dumb thing, what if I had a challenge for Spirit and I forgot about it, but as soon as I entered lobby I remembered and wanted to chage killer? Do I really need to lobby dodge and wait the queue again?

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576089#Comment_1576089

    Low tolerance means the person dosen't tolerate/punishes that kind of behavior. You seem to misunderstand me. I had a friend who got banned for 3 months for pming a trans slur at some poor dude. My friend got what he deserved and hasn't done crap like that sense.

    Oh yeah definitely a misunderstanding my bad. A 3 month ban though yikes I haven't seen one that long.

  • For me they like to take a while (like three weeks to a month) before notifying me.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    Thats not right its good you reported the devs will take racism very seriously

    They won't.

    I don't agree that most of this is toxic. Teabagging, clicking, like grow a tougher skin. But racism in chat should be taken seriously and punished seriously. But I can attest to seeing many people do this and never get reprimanded for it. Reports go straight into a trash box. The only confirmed bans for anyone on DbD is hacking in Legacy skins. Beyond that, they don't give a damn about anything.


    Edit: Didn't notice this was on Xbox. Fortunately Xbox does take these issues seriously. I don't know how voice comm works with them, but if they find reason, they do ban for this.

  • Probably just insults. I got one that was

    "I'll cough on you"

  • @Carlosylu said:

    It's so nice to NOT be able to change killer once I enter a lobby right? why is this a thing?

    I played against 4 survivors with flashlights, I didn't have LightBorn for my P3 GF and I couldn't change killer thanks to the new "feature".

    The game went on and EVERY ONE of the survivors teabagged me at EVERY thing they did, either if it was a pallet drop, pallet stun, a gen popping in my face, etc. They did the flashlight CLICKY CLIC CLIC thing too ALL the time.

    Suddenly, I noticed I was generalizing cause one of them wasn't toxic like the others, so, I let him go in the end, but the others, OMG the others! I wanted a special ending for all of them, Killed one and Slugged the most toxic ones in the End Game instead of giving them the 3rd hook.

    3 men SWF, the 4th one I let go was from another platform, how do I know it was a 3 men SWF? Cause they invited me to their party (Xbox), I guess they wanted no messages to be left as evidence.

    The insults could be heard, from "beaner" to "wall jumper", the racist screams were all over the party, my only anwer? "HAHAHAHAHAHA". *Proceeded to leave the party, reported the 3 of them.

    TODAY I WOKE UP TO A NICE THING, a message from XBOX "An action has been taken against a player you reported", 3 of those messages one after another.

    I have a video of the end game, btw, a jewel I intend to keep.

    I find posts bragging about this sort of thing just as distasteful as the people who initiated the aggression in the first place.

‹ 1 2