Rant. After playing F13 and DBD back to back, in one sitting, F13 is much more fun.

How is that? In F13, counselors can vault but Jason cannot, counselors have DS whenever they want with a pocket knife, they move much faster than you, they can knock the crap out of you, and even kill you. And it's a million times more fun to be Jason than killer in dbd. How is that even possible? I love dbd, but sometimes it's just not fun.

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • @xEzekanarioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547366#Comment_1547366

    I guess you are interested in getting bullied by 4 survivors then. I dont understand why do i have a chainsaw in this game and survivors keep laughing at me. I quit playing billy, keep taking care of the people you have left, the casuals. Because veterans already left.

    Yeah, we don't get killed by survivors, we get bullied and t-bagged and laughed at.

    Because yeah, we see that in slasher films all the time.

    No, what we see is Michael Myers getting his rear beat by Laurie to the point of losing fingers and being trapped in a burning house. Never mind 17-year-old Laurie stabbing him in the neck with a needle, in the eye with the wire hanger, and in the chest with his own friggin' knife in the original Halloween. We see Leatherface lose an arm in the remake. We' see Freddy get beat down in the end by teenagers several times. Jason has literally gotten beaten down by his supposed victims in multiple films. Heck, he got killed by a kid, a young Tommy Jarvis, in Part 4.

    Oh, and what did Sydney do to Ghostface multiple times?

    Sorry, but on this one, F13: The Game did the genre a lot better than they did over here in DbD.

    Yeah, DbD has slashers, and dark maps, and licensed icons, but it's too much like a bad episode of the Benny Hill Show in actual play.

  • For me I have I played F13 (1200 hours) here as well, and I actually started playing DBD after F13. I never thought I was going to like DbD because it made survivors look very weak. Running from a killer 100% of the match unless they actually weren't on you just didn't seem like my cup of tea.

    I think both games are different, and there are things I do/don't like about each game. Killing Jason fits with his lore, because even though you did, it never feels like you did... we KNOW he always comes back.

    In DbD I feel like the objectives for survivors are too plain, basically hold M1 and you're good to go. So I can't even compare them to the ones in F13.

    As for fun, I think for me both are... IN their own way. I find DBD a bit more competitive in the sense that you don't have an arsenal of weapons just laying around for you to use and you have to be good at getting chased. I also find F13 a bit more interesting because defending yourself with a weapon against something trying to kill you feel so damn good. Both of those are fun for me.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Yeah, I've had the opposite with F13 because once Jason finds you, you're dead. The objective is also nowhere near as interesting as the generators and almost at the point of being absurd. Most of the time it boils down to "survive as long as possible" and that is not fun to me.

    Never had the chance to be Jason though.

    you think gens are an interesting objective ?? try Last year , that's a game with good objectives , dbd is just boring , either hold M1 for 80 secs or loop the killer around the same pallet for 5 times , then switch to another one and so on ... dbd is getting boring and stale really fast

  • @dragos26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1546879#Comment_1546879

    you think gens are an interesting objective ?? try Last year , that's a game with good objectives , dbd is just boring , either hold M1 for 80 secs or loop the killer around the same pallet for 5 times , then switch to another one and so on ... dbd is getting boring and stale really fast

    I thought Last Year did a lot of things right, it's just unfortunate for the game that the people behind it are entirely out of their depth, which pretty much killed it.

    You aren't wrong about DbD getting stale and boring. I don't have the thousands of hours some of you do, and I'm already bored. The gameplay loop has very little actual variety. The whole looping and mindgaming aspect gets old fast.

  • @Lufanati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1546879#Comment_1546879

    that's just noob problems. It's quite easy to escape in F13. I'm also literally laughing that you think generators are somehow more compelling Nathan a variety of interesting, multi-faceted objectives and escape methods.

    Ah, yes the inevitable "just git gud".

    It's not that one objective is better than the other, it's more of a feeling that one of the objectives is in my control.


    Also the fact that there is very little to no chance for recovery in F13, but there is in Dead by Daylight. I can go to second stage hook on my first one, and being the first one hooked early on and still escape. In F13, I'm found and I die. Might be because I generally played the stealthy one. I think it was AJ, considering my proficiency with Claudette.

  • @dragos26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1546879#Comment_1546879

    you think gens are an interesting objective ?? try Last year , that's a game with good objectives , dbd is just boring , either hold M1 for 80 secs or loop the killer around the same pallet for 5 times , then switch to another one and so on ... dbd is getting boring and stale really fast

    I never said that generators were good. If anything I'm only concerned about the generator itself when a skill-check appears.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I've been playing F13 since it first came out. Its a fun game, but there has been no new content in two years.

    The worst aspect is its ridiculously easy to kill Jason. If you have a squad of veteran counselors intent on killing Jason, then Jason is dead. No two ways about it. Doesn't matter how experienced a Jason you are. Plus facing Jason is the same experience over and over. Some Jasons are stronger than others, but at the end of the day they all do the same thing. Whereas in Dbd, every killer is unique and you deal with each one's power very differently.

    There is one thing F13 has over Dbd that I really like and that's how the counselors (survivors) are not just skins. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses. Strength, stamina, repair skills, composure etc. They all have their own unique stats in each of those, and you can pick which ever character suits your play style.

    Too bad some stats are just straight up useless and there still is the "correct" character to play as, so the choice is really artificial in that sense unless you decide to be blissfully ignorant and/or roleplay.

  • F13 is more relaxed compared to DBD. I think both are fun but I think it's more rewarding to survive on DBD because IMO F13 is super easy as counselor (aka survivor) when compared to DBD, which I find DBD a challenge.

    There's also no proper rank system on F13, so 90% of the Jason's that don't cheat and run into are low level.

    The one thing DBD well and thought ahead was not being able to matchmake with a party member being able to be the killer. One of F13's biggest mistakes was being able to matchmake where a party member could be Jason, it ruined the game a lot for others due to counselors cheating and teaming up with Jason and the F13 devs refuse to ban cheaters.

    Also I think survive the night is stupid, the killer shouldn't have a timer to kill someone, it should either be escape or die and not game over once the timer is up.

    Also as stated being able to kill Jason was a terrible idea, I get they were trying to show respect to the movies but on a video game it just doesn't work.

    I will admit having game chat and variety of ways to escape is fun and it gives it variety instead of just repairing generators or being lucky to find a hatch. I wouldn't mind DBD adding more escape options, but I think lots of people would freak out or complain so I understand why they keep it how it is.

    Both are great though but in the end I feel DBD is more balanced and I'm thankful the devs actually take action against cheaters/exploiters. I feel like they care more about their playerbase compared to F13, which is sad because F13 was a kickstarter game and the devs let cheaters and exploiters run wild.

  • Content: DbD > F13

    Gameplay: DbD <<< F13

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1546905#Comment_1546905

    I think if they are in a building it will tell you regardless. I might be wrong tho

    Certain counselor perks reduce the odds that they will be seen by Sense, even in Rage. Any hiding spot regardless hides the aura, but hiding in an outhouse or tent is tricky if Jason uses Sense during the enter animation, because he will see you until the animation ends. When Jason enters Rage, hiding spots will no longer block your aura, so your only hope is the perks that counter Sense.

  • In terms of having fun, FT13 is the better game. It’s definitely a lot less stressful and I like that you don’t have to rely on having good teammates to win. You can literally just survive the night if you can’t get objectives done. Plus, playing Jason feels like a total breeze. You actually feel strong, especially once you’ve played the game for a while. I can’t even recall the last time I didn’t wipe out the entire lobby when playing as him.

    It’s a shame that the lawsuit stopped any new content from being added into the game, as I would love to see where the game would be right now. But, it’s still a strong game as is.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    In terms of having fun, FT13 is the better game. It’s definitely a lot less stressful and I like that you don’t have to rely on having good teammates to win. You can literally just survive the night if you can’t get objectives done. Plus, playing Jason feels like a total breeze. You actually feel strong, especially once you’ve played the game for a while. I can’t even recall the last time I didn’t wipe out the entire lobby when playing as him.

    It’s a shame that the lawsuit stopped any new content from being added into the game, as I would love to see where the game would be right now. But, it’s still a strong game as is.

    There are so many unreleased kills that were posted on YT by modders, and they are so much better than the ones already in the game. If there's any DLC that's worth buying for the game, it's the kill packs.

  • If you wonder why there are very few devs who come to the forum, this is why. :) I'm just used to this from Facebook political "arguments". XD

  • Because theres a dozen targets instead of 4.

    So you feel empowered/safe as a survivor.

    Not surprising. Plus we all know it's a worse game, so not taking it seriously goes a long way also.

  • F13 was a blast when it first came out. I played day 1, when you’d wait 2-3 hours for one game due their server issues. You’d get the random screaming “OMG ######### HE’S ON ME WHAT DO, ######### DO I DO!?!?!?” I think only 5 people in total ever escaped me (Jason 9 main). Lawsuit issues ended up killing it though. The game is more fun/silly, doesn’t require a lot of thought. DBD is fun, and also has more thought required imo

  • @xEzekanarioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547366#Comment_1547366

    I guess you are interested in getting bullied by 4 survivors then. I dont understand why do i have a chainsaw in this game and survivors keep laughing at me. I quit playing billy, keep taking care of the people you have left, the casuals. Because veterans already left.

    As opposed to a full squad in F13 that can bully you? If you don’t know how to play Jason, enjoy being unable to move while you get bum rushed and beaten repeatedly

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547046#Comment_1547046

    Gun Media already said there would never again be new content. Outside of the bug patches every six months or so that Black Tower does for them, the main programmers, Illfonic, long since moved on when the game was halted and did Predator: Hunting Grounds. They also stated that the license ends in a couple of years and that is that. I think they said 2023.

    That said, I still play F13 on occasion. I hadn't played any asymmetrical game except a very odd match of DbD in about a year, but am probably going to reinstall F13 at some point in the near future. When I just want to slaughter stuff and not worry about PvP and its crap, I'll either fire-up F13 for bots mode, DbD Mobile for bots, or Borderlands 2.

    Thank you for educating me, I wish it didn't have to come to that. The most annoying part is they had tons of content almost done, people were even playing Uber Jason just fine.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    How is that? In F13, counselors can vault but Jason cannot, counselors have DS whenever they want with a pocket knife, they move much faster than you, they can knock the crap out of you, and even kill you. And it's a million times more fun to be Jason than killer in dbd. How is that even possible? I love dbd, but sometimes it's just not fun.

    For me it would be way more fun of there aren't Teamer's in the game(PS4)

    I also don't want to hear little kids in the lobby(I know there are thing's against this but still...)

    I had a time where I only played F13 but this ######### above me(Teaming) is the one of the reason's I came back to dbd.

  • @Almo said:

    Me personally, I'm not interested in playing a Killer in a game where you can be killed as the Killer.

    This.

    I give this developer team a lot of hassle. I give their leadership F's as a grade rather regularly, but that is due to the lack of quality control and foresight as to how certain powers/perks/abilities will impact other aspects of the game.

    That said, this game, at its core, is a fantastic game. The concept is very unique and well conceived. I've played F13 and found it to be nothing short of sloppy and annoying. I agree completely with you that the killer should not be able to be killed. I don't like how many ways the "survivors" can attack the killer in that game. It is annoying, it is boring. DbD is miles ahead of it in entertainment value, daily playability and long-term play. The lore in this game (barring Legion) is miles ahead and rather enjoyable. The variety of killers is very impressive. Whether it is their powers, play style, appearance or lore, it is very diverse. Speaking of diversity, the level of diversity in this game is impressive as well. We recently had a conversation discussing how the ratios in this game is extremely close to actual representation by race in several multicultural countries.

    Yeah, I don't besmirch anyone who wants to play F13, but it is not on the same level as DbD by any stretch of the imagination.

  • Never played F13, but it looks kind of boring. I've only watched one game, though. All they did was find a couple items, hide, then started the car and left. Jason was on screen for maybe 30 seconds? Game lasted I think 10 minutes, but the killer was barely there. The tension seemed to be less killer reliant and more reliant on the fact that there's a killer at all.

    I feel it'd be more interesting if the counselors HAD to kill Jason. Force the interaction. The one game I watched, though everyone could talk to each other it never felt like it was a team of so many vs 1. It felt like it was everyone for themselves, but they'd save other people given the chance. With DBD even without comms, it feels like you're working together toward a common goal. You NEED the other survivors. It doesn't seem to be the case in F13. Which kind of misses the point of an asymmetrical game imo.

  • Not that i know you, but maybe you take F13 in a more casual approach?

  • @Almo said:

    Me personally, I'm not interested in playing a Killer in a game where you can be killed as the Killer.

    How does 'allow us to hit the killer with the item we carry if it's depleted' sound? (this is a serious question... look, I just wanna smack ghost face with my toolbox, is that too much to ask?)

  • @Almo said:

    Me personally, I'm not interested in playing a Killer in a game where you can be killed as the Killer.

    In F13, when the survivors knew what they do and stick together the killer dont stand a chance. He will either die, or keep getting chain stunned.


    But i must say i liked to play as Jason anyway.


    But DbD was and will always be better for me.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547366#Comment_1547366

    How does 'allow us to hit the killer with the item we carry if it's depleted' sound? (this is a serious question... look, I just wanna smack ghost face with my toolbox, is that too much to ask?)

    This wouldn't be impossible, but it seems unlikely in the forseeable future.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548321#Comment_1548321

    This wouldn't be impossible, but it seems unlikely in the forseeable future.

    The sheer fact that it's not impossible makes me very happy. <3

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Yeah, I've had the opposite with F13 because once Jason finds you, you're dead. The objective is also nowhere near as interesting as the generators and almost at the point of being absurd. Most of the time it boils down to "survive as long as possible" and that is not fun to me.

    Never had the chance to be Jason though.

    Sitting and holding M1 5 times is more interesting then finding parts to repair a phone, car, and boat, while also having to make it to the police. How is that not more interesting then holding a single button for over a minute?

  • I really think F13 is incredibly boring. I tried so hard to get into it but eh

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547566#Comment_1547566

    If you wonder why there are very few devs who come to the forum, this is why. :) I'm just used to this from Facebook political "arguments". XD

    Forget never the good ones over the bad ones^^.

    A way of thinking that served me well over the years...

    ... But still think plz about what I have write about the endings in DBD and F13 :D.

    Sorry I couldn't resist :(.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547561#Comment_1547561

    As opposed to a full squad in F13 that can bully you? If you don’t know how to play Jason, enjoy being unable to move while you get bum rushed and beaten repeatedly

    Thats it, you get bullied if you dont know how to play, which i suppose is your case. I played a bit of F13 and i already knew how to use that travel-teleport thing.


    In this game, you can be good and still get punished for it.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547566#Comment_1547566

    If you wonder why there are very few devs who come to the forum, this is why. :) I'm just used to this from Facebook political "arguments". XD

    Or maybe you know everything the community says its true and have no arguments about all the bad stuff going. But keep up the good work doing skins no one asked for.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547566#Comment_1547566

    If you wonder why there are very few devs who come to the forum, this is why. :) I'm just used to this from Facebook political "arguments". XD

    I did notice your smiley face in the reply, so this is not directed at you, but meant as a general opinion.

    I'd spent 14 years in the gaming industry before I retired from it, and I've been a published author for close to 30 years. In that span in both industries, I have encountered an untold number of trolls and a-holes. As I'd stated to many fellow game designers in the past at conventions, a thicker skin is required. It's the entertainment industry of the internet driven 21st century, trolls and a-holes abound. Hiding from them is not the solution. Getting over it, is.

    Again, not directed at you because you appear and post here, and I honestly respect that. But to the industry as a whole, a lot of Devs need to stop being so fragile.

  • SAME!!! I've regained my love for f13 and it's by far more fun than dbd. I enjoy survivor in f13 way more than dbd for 1 reason, it's more intense. I enjoy playing Jason more too because dbd killer is torture.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1546879#Comment_1546879

    Sitting and holding M1 5 times is more interesting then finding parts to repair a phone, car, and boat, while also having to make it to the police. How is that not more interesting then holding a single button for over a minute?

    Like I said earlier, I never get to that point. And with DbS's generators, I only care about them when a skill-check appears.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547073#Comment_1547073

    For me it was always stumble across the item randomly, take about 10 steps outside and get done in by Jason teleporting next to me.

    Fun.

    Just like dbd, it's pretty harsh on new survivors but once you learn the game it's tons of fun. The only reason I started dead by daylight was because the lawsuit killed any new content and I was max level and had nothing new to do. I do like dbd as well though. They're both fun in their own way...

  • @CoffengMin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1546952#Comment_1546952

    i think the chances of finding them while hiding is just lowered (by a lot) , i believe increasing the fear of survivors makes it easier to spot, i reccomend hitting all the power generators if you can find anyone

    It doesn't make hiders show up on sense any earlier but you are correct in that it will make them make more noise or scream more when you're near.

1 2 ›