PC Players are worse than console players

Sorry for the clickbait title but I want to get my opinion out to see how other people feel about it, and please read what I have to say before you reply.

I have been playing killer since console release on PS4 and consistently make it to rank 1 I would like to consider myself a pretty good killer I can perform well with almost all the killers, I enjoy playing all of them, and my killers I perform best with are The Nightmare, the shape, and the wraith just so you don't jump to conclusions. But to the topic at hand. Well with the introduction of cross play I que into PC players constantly everygame, usually 3-4 every game at my current rank of 5 now I haven't played more than 20 games since this rank reset but I have noticed a trend when I play against PC players, and that's how easy it is to close chase on them. Im still unsure if it's a playstyle thing or latency or what, but I know for a fact it is easier for me to lay down the law on a couple of players than my console plebian brethren. My theory currently is that PC players take sharper turns when they attempt to juke, now that seems like a good thing, but from my point of view it makes it easier to read the survivors, I find PC players very very predictable on average compared to console players. Now when I occasionally play survivor with my friends I find PC killers very difficult to play against but not the survivors. I would love to hear what some people think, maybe from the PC players side. Also PC players will randomly lag out of games for me as both survivor and killer, so take that into consideration that a tenth of players will at some point just drop out of game, this doesn't take away from how quickly I end chase with PC players. Please give feedback, and as always take what I have to say with a grain of salt, I'm not all knowing I'm just a guy that plays a decent amount of killer.

Comments

  • @Pryzm said:

    What I've noticed:

    As Killer: 30 matches

    • 26 4k matches (I count carrying the last survivor to the hatch as a 4k for this purpose) with at least 2 gens left in all. These matches had at least 3 console survivors in each. They were total potatoes. The worst rank was rank 8 with most being red rank. I'm rank 2 now. These guys do not do gens. They Urban Evade and Selfcare constantly. Dumb move vs Trapper and Pig.
    • 2 matches with 4 PC survivors - both were very good SWFs. Though they were fun matches, I admit to losing both as all 4 escaped each time. To my credit, they were all on death hook and I let the last one go in one of them. Gens were flying off shelves like toilet paper in a pandemic!
    • 2 Matches with primarily console survivors where 2 escaped.

    Overall findings - Console players rely too much on 360s, which don't work well vs PC killers due to optimization. They tend to run more Selfcare, DS and Urban Evasion. Selfcare makes you the killer's best friend (you are off selfcaring while I down another survivor. By the time you are healed, I hit you again. You are not on a gen - thank you for that). DS is great if you are facing a tunneling killer, but I prefer to seek and destroy the next in line. I got DS'ed only one time in all of those games. Overall, I grew bored as heck facing so many potatoes. I thank them for the BP, but I prefer to be challenged. The only fun matches I had were vs those two SWF.....Gawd help me! I actually was happy to see an SWF!!!! Oh, then there is a disappearing bug. I have had several console survivors literally vanish in front of me. Just POOF! Gone.

    As survivor:

    12 matches (I don't like playing solo que as it is - this was even worse!!!!)

    • The Selfcare/Urban Evade survivor teammates from console were about as useful as a football bat.
    • 8 Matches vs Console killers - pure nightmare. They are yo-yos on my screen. They seem to glitch back and forth. Timing pallet drops or vaults is very hard due to their frames being so low. I got hit through more walls and solid objects than ever before. I had a huntress hit me from 30 meters while I was hiding behind a T-Wall. Literally through the wall. We were not in chase, just BAM! WTH?! I think a lot of the console killers are thinking that PC survivors can't loop well, but in reality, it is a huge problem timing your loops when the killer is phasing throughout the map. One second he is roughly 16 meters away, then you get smacked!

    Overall findings - Some of the console survivors broke the mold and played well. I saw why they 360 so much. The console killers really struggled vs the 360. I started using it when I'd see a phasing yo-yo killer chasing me and it worked really well. I was able to make that poor Doc miss 8 times in a row! That's a new record! I never got more than 2 in a row before - I'm not very good with 360s. The console killers were very difficult due to timing issues. Before figuring out to just 360, I struggled on loops because I could not tell if he was in swinging distance or not.

    In short, I turned off cross play. It is a disaster.

    This...is perfect. As much as i love the shorter queue times. MY GOD. My games are full of potatoes. every time I go against PC SWF its a breath of fresh air! granted they are quite try hardy but just seeing good players makes me happy to see!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1613309#Comment_1613309

    Comical that you don't see the irony... If killers use ez mechanics to win, they are trash, you say. But then also say that the only way for you to have fun is to use ez mechanics (SWF). So, according to you:

    Killers ez mech = trash

    You ez mech = fun

    LMAO

    I guess you don't know what is a gameplay mechanic. Playing as a SWF is not a mechanic lol.

    For exemple, "Infinite looping" is a mechanic, but they don't exist anymore =).

    And yes, globally killers are trash, they know nothing about the game, they are just good at camping and tunneling.

    They don't know how to preoperly chase, how to win a mindgame in jungle gym, they don't know what is map control, how to apply pressure etc...

    I also play killer and it's way more satisfaying to win when you had good chases and when the pressure/map control you applied drove you to the win instead of tunneling a survivor to get the 1st kill and get everything ez.

    But if you don't understand this, you can uninstall the game cause you are just another player bringing much toxicity.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/182611/pc-players-are-worse-than-console-players

    I have noticed the exact opposite. So far every killer from console (all rank 5 and 6 right after rank reset) played like they weree drunk or just installed the game, sorry but it is true. Missing all the time, respecting pallets, no mindgames at loops etc

    I dont know how it is at purple, green, yellow or even brown ranks, but a on R1, console killer were not able to get anything done so far. MAYBE it was just cooincidence, i dont know, but for myself i see a trend.

    If FPS or controller is the problem... i dont know, but something is wrong with console killer. No offense to anybody, but it felt like bully the killer.

    So I like to enjoy DbD after work and a few drinks...........

  • Oh my god I really can't remember asking.

    Console have lower frames on killer making them worse on nurse and against her. That's it. That's literally all the difference.

  • @TheButcher said:

    Maybe the matchmaking is working then? Because I have been having quite the opposite. I play on PC, and every match I get a lobby of mostly crossplay. Red ranks both survivor and Killer, and I find all the players playing on console havn't the faintest clue to playing this game. They all seem to try cheap tricks you learn you actually can't do past green ranks. You know the same tricks you get from youtube like "360" or "window tech".

    You're the type of guy who runs DS, Adrenaline, Sprint Burst and Balanced Landing and cries whenever a Killer uses anything good aren't you, yeahhhh

  • I like catching PC players in bear traps that they've never seen.

    For example, the side of a T-L wall.

  • I am a casual solo PC player and the only data I have is that I was a consistent Rank 6-8 survivor before cross play, now I am Rank 4-5 and even hit Rank 3 for a bit. Take that for what you want.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1613734#Comment_1613734

    You're the type of guy who runs DS, Adrenaline, Sprint Burst and Balanced Landing and cries whenever a Killer uses anything good aren't you, yeahhhh

    I'm a killer main actually. I main Legion, Clown, Ghostface, and Freddy. I have been liking the new killer though, might p3 him.

    Also why the f would you run sprint burst, balanced landing, and adrenaline in the same loadout? That's stupid. They are all exhaust perks.

  • @Write_By_Daylight said:

    You're wrong. End of story.

    You play on Console, therefore your opinion is worth 1/4th it's weight compared to a PC player.

    Try again, honey.

    Wow... Your coming on a little strong there tiger. Whether pc has advantages due to M+K or console have more controlled 360 jukes... These aren't representative of the quality of the player.

    PC is used to their way. Console is used the theirs. Neither is better or worse, it just seems worse because it's not what we're used to.

    That out of the way.

    You make the pc community sound like ignorant arrogant biggots when you say things like a PERSON'S opinion is 1/4 as important as pc players because of their system🤨🤭.

    Better ask the pc community before just speaking for the lot, especially with such little thought and respect.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • I've played with both PC and console and both have good and bad players, just like any gamer of any game some people will be bad, while others will be good. There's no actual way to prove if either side is bad and even if their was, who cares? It's just a video game.

  • Statistically, console survivors are pathetically bad. Like truly, truly bad. ON AVERAGE: I am saying they're about 1% to 50% worse than PC players. Console killers tend to be about 40-60% better than PC players lmao.

  • Great pasta, 10/10 bait would recommend!

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1613251#Comment_1613251

    Wow... Your coming on a little strong there tiger. Whether pc has advantages due to M+K or console have more controlled 360 jukes... These aren't representative of the quality of the player.

    PC is used to their way. Console is used the theirs. Neither is better or worse, it just seems worse because it's not what we're used to.

    That out of the way.

    You make the pc community sound like ignorant arrogant biggots when you say things like a PERSON'S opinion is 1/4 as important as pc players because of their system🤨🤭.

    Better ask the pc community before just speaking for the lot, especially with such little thought and respect.

    >Ignorant

    I'm not ignorant about anything, If I cared enough. I could gather a sample pool size for proving that P.C players generally do not like playing with console players and feel near/or the same.

    >Arrogant

    It's not arrogance, when the actual thread is about the opinion of an "arrogant" console player. Unfortunately, I cannot pull the winn0rates of conole/PC users. But if you'd like to conside it arrogant that I believe that PC would be much higher, then that's your buisness."

    >Bigoted.

    I don't think you know what that word means, because if you did, you'd realize it doesn't apply to this conversation. As I am not agasinst being proven wrong [However very very unlikely that I would be.] Nor do I hate console players or am intolerant. I personally just don't want to play with them because they lack the skill and the ability to keep up comparitively.

  • @Write_By_Daylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1615263#Comment_1615263

    >Ignorant

    I'm not ignorant about anything, If I cared enough. I could gather a sample pool size for proving that P.C players generally do not like playing with console players and feel near/or the same.

    >Arrogant

    It's not arrogance, when the actual thread is about the opinion of an "arrogant" console player. Unfortunately, I cannot pull the winn0rates of conole/PC users. But if you'd like to conside it arrogant that I believe that PC would be much higher, then that's your buisness."

    >Bigoted.

    I don't think you know what that word means, because if you did, you'd realize it doesn't apply to this conversation. As I am not agasinst being proven wrong [However very very unlikely that I would be.] Nor do I hate console players or am intolerant. I personally just don't want to play with them because they lack the skill and the ability to keep up comparitively.

    It was 'ignorant' to assume a console player doesn't have the weighted opinion as pc.

    It was 'arrogant' to place yourself and your opinions above someone else as a fact.

    Both of those statements prove the fact that you are bigoted.

    You also 'seem' to be a narcissist and an elitist.

    Please don't reply by acting like you are teaching ME definitions when the "definitions" were actually just you repeating your first post in segments.

  • As a killer, potatoes are potatoes regardless of platforms

    However, as solo survivor, I met good console teams a lot, but never good solo console players, I differentiate that mostly based on their builds and strat while unhooking

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1616678#Comment_1616678

    It was 'ignorant' to assume a console player doesn't have the weighted opinion as pc.

    It was 'arrogant' to place yourself and your opinions above someone else as a fact.

    Both of those statements prove the fact that you are bigoted.

    You also 'seem' to be a narcissist and an elitist.

    Please don't reply by acting like you are teaching ME definitions when the "definitions" were actually just you repeating your first post in segments.

    Strange how you need to reply to me with insults.

    Nice ad hominem.

    I won't even humour you anymore nor engage in to quoque.

    Next.


    @BOT_Ethan said:

    As a killer, potatoes are potatoes regardless of platforms

    However, as solo survivor, I met good console teams a lot, but never good solo console players, I differentiate that mostly based on their builds and strat while unhooking

    By strat with unhooking: Do you mean divebombing hooks over and over regardless of it's practicality?

  • You can typically tell who's PC if they have unsupported characters in their name. Or it's blatantly politically incorrect.

    But aside from that it's the age old argument of what side of the bread to butter, when the game is functioning correctly it's player versus player. There have been people that beat Guitar Hero with bananas. It's your game sense that matters in the end.

  • @Write_By_Daylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1617279#Comment_1617279

    Strange how you need to reply to me with insults.

    Nice ad hominem.

    I won't even humour you anymore nor engage in to quoque.

    Next.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1617607#Comment_1617607

    By strat with unhooking: Do you mean divebombing hooks over and over regardless of it's practicality?

    Mkay then bye bye.

1 2 ›