This is an example of why killers play toxic

Just got done with a match. At the start I found a survivor (Jeff) stuck on a hill due to the bug. I downed him and walked off. I could have hooked him. Should have hooked him too. But no, I showed respect to my fellow player. How was I repaid? With a gen rush of course. I eventually found the survivor, got a hit on him. Then gena were done by this point. He then proceeded to loop which was fine, make it fun. He then went towards the door where one of his teammates body blocked. Instead of leaving he flashlights me. And held it there til it died then left.

I did nothing toxic at all. And that was spiteful. Not mad. I just no better now. No sympathy for survivors. This will be a classic case of one bad apple ruining the bunch.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Flashlights are a part of the functioning game and give the survivors points. You not taking advantage of a glitch doesn't mean the survivors should let you kill them. Lol

  • @Nickeh said:

    Flashlights are a part of the functioning game and give the survivors points. You not taking advantage of a glitch doesn't mean the survivors should let you kill them. Lol

    You missed their point clearly.

  • You mean besides he was a decent human being and didn't punish someone for a broken game, then the game proceeded as normal and he lost then posted about it?

  • I wish I went against a killer like you I had that bug happen to me and she just let me stay there to get crows over my head until the gens and gates were done, then killed me lol. I know that guy was pretty toxic but just know you’re appreciated by someone else :)

  • @Nickeh said:

    Flashlights are a part of the functioning game and give the survivors points. You not taking advantage of a glitch doesn't mean the survivors should let you kill them. Lol

    He was at the exit when he used the flashlight, like one step and he was out. And it wasn't a quick blind, he held it most likely til it ran out then left. Anything else would have been fine. It was uncalled for.

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532835#Comment_1532835

    He was at the exit when he used the flashlight, like one step and he was out. And it wasn't a quick blind, he held it most likely til it ran out then left. Anything else would have been fine. It was uncalled for.

    so using an item in the game, one that no longer gives that God awful white screen of actual blinding, is toxic?

  • Lesson learned? Sweep the leg.

  • @Nickeh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532843#Comment_1532843

    You mean besides he was a decent human being and didn't punish someone for a broken game, then the game proceeded as normal and he lost then posted about it?

    It has nothing to do with the loss at all. Never once complained about losing.

  • Your objective is to kill, not to have mercy.

  • @Masochistic_Killer said:

    Lesson learned? Sweep the leg.

    Yup yup

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532847#Comment_1532847

    It has nothing to do with the loss at all. Never once complained about losing.

    Complaining about losing would actually be more respectable than complaining about a flashlight that affected the game on no way.

  • @Nickeh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532852#Comment_1532852

    so using an item in the game, one that no longer gives that God awful white screen of actual blinding, is toxic?

    No read again. If he had flashlights any other time no problem. He could have left he was right there.

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532857#Comment_1532857

    No read again. If he had flashlights any other time no problem. He could have left he was right there.

    So he didn't need points or have a flashlight challenge? Again, why does it matter?


    This just sounds yet another killer/survivor post trying to get other killers/survivors to continue this unnecessary hatred of the other side.

  • That was pretty low of him. Me, I'd have stayed and given you a kill. I've done lots of times.

    Rarely ever get the return favor though whenever I show mercy. Had a guy start in my TR and found him immediately. I shook my head and slashed at the open map. He proceeded to try and body block and flashlight blind me every time I went for a hook. I thought he might have WGLF or MoM. No, just being annoying.

    He complained that I camped him after the match. His buddy tried for the hook and then looped the hook for his entire second stage. I admit, I could have cut the loop short, but I figured I'd let his buddy be dumb.

  • Eh, if you let a single person have that much control of whether you be decent to others or become an ass instantly, I think that's a much bigger problem.

  • Getting points at the end = toxic

  • "I could have downed you for free because of a glitch, you are toxic if you don't let me down you for free because of that."

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532857#Comment_1532857

    No read again. If he had flashlights any other time no problem. He could have left he was right there.

    i flashlight at gates because you get points for a blind, you clearly lost and are saltty, to which i say

    ggez git gud

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532857#Comment_1532857

    No read again. If he had flashlights any other time no problem. He could have left he was right there.

    And you could have turned your back?

    Don't get me wrong i commend you for not pulling a d**k move on a player that's bugged, I'd do the same. But I'm confused as to why you seem surprised that they then carried on with their objectives, such as gens. Flashlights at the gate are crummy, I've faced a few, but I've never felt the need to play toxic after or post about it.

    When crap like that happens you have a choice I guess. I could indeed use it as an excuse to play toxic myself, or i can just judge them for the childish idiots they are and move on. Both are reasonable responses, but i know which one I'd prefer.w

  • This is why we have an endless loop of toxicity on both sides. Survivors are toxic so the killer decides to take it out on every other survivor they face, even if they’re solely doing objectives. A killer is toxic, which makes survivors start doing everything they can to annoy future killers and be a nuisance.

    You shouldn’t let one incident change the way you play the game. I’ve experienced plenty of ‘scummy’ behaviour from both sides but I’ve also experienced just as much if not more goodness. I know the bad experiences often linger with people longer, but if you let them, you’re just giving the trolls what they want. Not only have they ruined your current game, but they’ve ruined future ones. As you’re approaching them all with a negative mindset.

  • Overly polite players need to understand that they will most likely never get any polite reactions in DBD as the community mostly consists of... Let's just say "interesting" individuals.

    Therefore you should always just play as effective as possible unless you want to be overly fair for the sake of your own ideals.

  • @Nickeh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532843#Comment_1532843

    You mean besides he was a decent human being and didn't punish someone for a broken game, then the game proceeded as normal and he lost then posted about it?

    then nesxt time he should just hook him like he said No sympathy for survivors.

    @GorgonDorgon said:

    I wish I went against a killer like you I had that bug happen to me and she just let me stay there to get crows over my head until the gens and gates were done, then killed me lol. I know that guy was pretty toxic but just know you’re appreciated by someone else :)

    really hard to show sympathy for survivors when they act so toxic in game.

  • @Nickeh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532866#Comment_1532866

    So he didn't need points or have a flashlight challenge? Again, why does it matter?

    This just sounds yet another killer/survivor post trying to get other killers/survivors to continue this unnecessary hatred of the other side.

    No, not at all. I read a post earlier to day that specifically blamed killers as to why survivors play toxic. I was show casing whay we do. I I tell you what. When cross platform come and I see you, I will show you just what toxic is. I really hope you us this name too.

  • @Pryzm said:

    That was pretty low of him. Me, I'd have stayed and given you a kill. I've done lots of times.

    Rarely ever get the return favor though whenever I show mercy. Had a guy start in my TR and found him immediately. I shook my head and slashed at the open map. He proceeded to try and body block and flashlight blind me every time I went for a hook. I thought he might have WGLF or MoM. No, just being annoying.

    He complained that I camped him after the match. His buddy tried for the hook and then looped the hook for his entire second stage. I admit, I could have cut the loop short, but I figured I'd let his buddy be dumb.

    Right! I had a match with ghostface when I first started didnt know the map and headed straight for a dead end. He let me go without even hitting me. Respectable.

  • @Unicorn said:

    Your objective is to kill, not to have mercy.

    True. In addition to being nice, I didn't wanna run the risk of being reported for an exploit either. Not sure how they are handling this one.

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532862#Comment_1532862

    True. In addition to being nice, I didn't wanna run the risk of being reported for an exploit either. Not sure how they are handling this one.

    I don’t know. It’s a tricky glitch but I don’t think the devs would ban you for it. You’re practically taking someone out of a glitch not using it against them.

  • @Xbob42 said:

    Eh, if you let a single person have that much control of whether you be decent to others or become an ass instantly, I think that's a much bigger problem.

    You're right. thanks for that. Cant punish everybody for the few.

  • @Nickeh said:

    "I could have downed you for free because of a glitch, you are toxic if you don't let me down you for free because of that."

    Fail!! Try again.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Overly polite players need to understand that they will most likely never get any polite reactions in DBD as the community mostly consists of... Let's just say "interesting" individuals.

    Therefore you should always just play as effective as possible unless you want to be overly fair for the sake of your own ideals.

    Oh I'm far from overly polite. To be honest if I didnt already know about the bug he would have been hooked.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532866#Comment_1532866

    And you could have turned your back?

    Don't get me wrong i commend you for not pulling a d**k move on a player that's bugged, I'd do the same. But I'm confused as to why you seem surprised that they then carried on with their objectives, such as gens. Flashlights at the gate are crummy, I've faced a few, but I've never felt the need to play toxic after or post about it.

    When crap like that happens you have a choice I guess. I could indeed use it as an excuse to play toxic myself, or i can just judge them for the childish idiots they are and move on. Both are reasonable responses, but i know which one I'd prefer.w

    True they were childish. There was no surprise. Probably could have worded it better. What I should have mentioned is when he first flashed i though he left and i looked away to talk to someone sitting next to me, when i looked back i was still being. Blinded. And it far longer than the max blind.

    But as a whole, no wont punish everyone. Just those who deserve.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532994#Comment_1532994

    I don’t know. It’s a tricky glitch but I don’t think the devs would ban you for it. You’re practically taking someone out of a glitch not using it against them.

    That is true. And you know what? People know about it. I played a few rounds of survivor and steered clear of the hills ir anything that looked like I would get stuck on.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532847#Comment_1532847

    then nesxt time he should just hook him like he said No sympathy for survivors.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532849#Comment_1532849

    really hard to show sympathy for survivors when they act so toxic in game.

    Mostly I get toxicity for not falling for cheap ploys. Like not following the survivor who is obviously going to try and run me when I'm already in a chase.

  • If I was a survivor, how would I know that Jeff is glitched?

    How would I know that you helped a glitched Jeff?

    You did a nice thing, that’s cool but how would I know that?

    You should of taken an advantage of the situation, yeah it’s a dick move, but getting a early hook doesn’t mean anything, you can potentially lose.

  • @Unicorn said:

    Your objective is to kill, not to have mercy.

    Perhaps if there was something more riding on it than my confidence, I would be the no mercy type. For now, it's a game and I prefer to remember there are other people on the other side. You never know when you change someone's horrible day into a good one by not being a toxic crackhead. No sweat off my back.

  • @MrPeterPFL said:

    If I was a survivor, how would I know that Jeff is glitched?

    How would I know that you helped a glitched Jeff?

    You did a nice thing, that’s cool but how would I know that?

    You should of taken an advantage of the situation, yeah it’s a dick move, but getting a early hook doesn’t mean anything, you can potentially lose.

    Good points. I mean there is the possibility of then being in chat together but can never truly know.

  • @Nickeh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532843#Comment_1532843

    You mean besides he was a decent human being and didn't punish someone for a broken game, then the game proceeded as normal and he lost then posted about it?

    Considering that he didn't outright kill them off. Gave them a chance for a myriad of BP. Then didnt just finish the game but instead rub it in the killer's face.

    So I may take a guess to why share such a story.

    Survivors - why can't they just leave 🤷‍♂️

  • I protected a chest together with a meg, a Kate, a Claudette and a tapp. There are still memers around just so yknow.

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    Just got done with a match. At the start I found a survivor (Jeff) stuck on a hill due to the bug. I downed him and walked off. I could have hooked him. Should have hooked him too. But no, I showed respect to my fellow player. How was I repaid? With a gen rush of course. I eventually found the survivor, got a hit on him. Then gena were done by this point. He then proceeded to loop which was fine, make it fun. He then went towards the door where one of his teammates body blocked. Instead of leaving he flashlights me. And hels it there til he died then left.

    I did nothing toxic at all. And that was spiteful. Not mad. I just no better now. No sympathy for survivors. This will be a classic case of one bad apple ruining the bunch.

    I remember Feng stuck in a hill bug and I did not know about the bug, so, as a killer, I downed her and stuck there too. Fortunately I was able to get out of there. And yes... I did not show any respect to Feng and all other survivors and got my 4k

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    Just got done with a match. At the start I found a survivor (Jeff) stuck on a hill due to the bug. I downed him and walked off. I could have hooked him. Should have hooked him too. But no, I showed respect to my fellow player. How was I repaid? With a gen rush of course. I eventually found the survivor, got a hit on him. Then gena were done by this point. He then proceeded to loop which was fine, make it fun. He then went towards the door where one of his teammates body blocked. Instead of leaving he flashlights me. And hels it there til he died then left.

    I did nothing toxic at all. And that was spiteful. Not mad. I just no better now. No sympathy for survivors. This will be a classic case of one bad apple ruining the bunch.

    15 years old? This really upset you? Do you want him to hag you?

  • @Nickeh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532859#Comment_1532859

    Complaining about losing would actually be more respectable than complaining about a flashlight that affected the game on no way.

    Nice how you defend toxic behavour. People like you are the reason why there are killers who camp.

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532862#Comment_1532862

    Perhaps if there was something more riding on it than my confidence, I would be the no mercy type. For now, it's a game and I prefer to remember there are other people on the other side. You never know when you change someone's horrible day into a good one by not being a toxic crackhead. No sweat off my back.

    yes, that is something to consider but I’ve had instances where I was playing friendly and still got “bullied” I guess you can say. I was playing Wraith yesterday and remained invisible just to chill out and have an odd but friendly game, yet and still I got flashlight burned and teabagged. There are some people who can respect a friendly killer and some who just can’t turn off the jerk button.

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    Just got done with a match. At the start I found a survivor (Jeff) stuck on a hill due to the bug. I downed him and walked off. I could have hooked him. Should have hooked him too. But no, I showed respect to my fellow player. How was I repaid? With a gen rush of course. I eventually found the survivor, got a hit on him. Then gena were done by this point. He then proceeded to loop which was fine, make it fun. He then went towards the door where one of his teammates body blocked. Instead of leaving he flashlights me. And hels it there til he died then left.

    I did nothing toxic at all. And that was spiteful. Not mad. I just no better now. No sympathy for survivors. This will be a classic case of one bad apple ruining the bunch.

    Wait, so you’re mad he flashlight blinded you at the gate? That’s it?

  • There used to be a bug where Killers would get stuck in pallets.

    I'd let them grab me off the pallet to get them unstuck then get facecamped after.

    It doesn't really matter what you do, being nice will usually backfire on you in this game.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1533064#Comment_1533064

    yes, that is something to consider but I’ve had instances where I was playing friendly and still got “bullied” I guess you can say. I was playing Wraith yesterday and remained invisible just to chill out and have an odd but friendly game, yet and still I got flashlight burned and teabagged. There are some people who can respect a friendly killer and some who just can’t turn off the jerk button.

    As have I, but I often let it roll off my back. I'd rather stay me than become them.

    Don't get me wrong, when it counts, I can be a very harsh competitor. DbD is nowhere near important enough for me to let that side out. It's a silly party game, not losing any sleep over it.

  • "I found a survivor and let them go instead of hooking them, and now I'm mad they did their objective after I skipped mine."

    FTFY.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532864#Comment_1532864

    Nice how you defend toxic behavour. People like you are the reason why there are killers who camp.

    What toxic behaviour? Doing their objective? Or using their items?

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532862#Comment_1532862

    Perhaps if there was something more riding on it than my confidence, I would be the no mercy type. For now, it's a game and I prefer to remember there are other people on the other side. You never know when you change someone's horrible day into a good one by not being a toxic crackhead. No sweat off my back.

    "Toxic crackhead" for hooking someone?

    Dude, THIS is why the forums are a battleground. Because everyone wants to make everyone else look like a total #########.

    The killer didnt get them stuck. The killers job is to hook and kill them.

    So maybe if you mean "by not taking advantage of a situation and doing your job in game", then sure.

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1533861#Comment_1533861

    As have I, but I often let it roll off my back. I'd rather stay me than become them.

    Don't get me wrong, when it counts, I can be a very harsh competitor. DbD is nowhere near important enough for me to let that side out. It's a silly party game, not losing any sleep over it.

    Agreed. I only lose sleep over my anime, that is all. Lol.

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532835#Comment_1532835

    He was at the exit when he used the flashlight, like one step and he was out. And it wasn't a quick blind, he held it most likely til it ran out then left. Anything else would have been fine. It was uncalled for.

    its 500 pt per blind. Stop taking everything as some kind of BM.

    Flashlight are one of the easiest way to get point. That's why you get survivor flashlighting at pallet.

    Same reason people heal at the gates instead of leaving. Or waiting at the exit. It's not to piss you off it's to give you a hit.

    Survivor bp gain are so low that it's kinda needed.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    "I found a survivor and let them go instead of hooking them, and now I'm mad they did their objective after I skipped mine."

    FTFY.

    "I'm an idiot that doesn't know how to read or interpret, so I just make up things in my head that were never said"

    Never said I was mad. Why would I take issue with them doing their objective? Where did I say I didn't do mine? I did manage to kill too of them. Sorry I didn't mention that. Sorry you need your hand held.

    And I'm really sorry that you don't know how quotes work. You kinda gotta say what the person said, not what you make up in your head.

    Now move along little tater tot.

‹ 1 2