Crouching behind a tree: a gender difference in DBD
Enjoy my beautiful illustration of how the character models differ in their animations for crouching and walking. I love playing as a male character and having a good ol' toolbox poking out 3 feet from a tree while my character's A-posing
T-pose to assert dominance, amirite?
Tagged:
Mod

Comments
The male character models are quite a bit bigger then female ones. (hitboxes are the same though)
As someone who also loves to play male characters I would recommend standing up sideways when hiding behind a tree. It will help hide that pesky medkit/toolbox.
PS: That drawing made my day, Thank you.
Men's heights are taller as well so in some instances you can see some of them if they're hiding in a locker as illustrated here.
I'd buy cosmetics of long sleeve shirts with a tree branch pattern running down the arm.
To be fair for the most part the guys r quieter than the girls
Lmao. I main Quentin & sometimes I’m like hOW DID THE KILLER SEE ME. But then I see another dude trying to hide behind a tree & im like , “oh okay that’s how.”
Not Billiam Overbeck. Man's smoking his ol' smoke.
I know you say most but there's also Jeff and Bill, who I would say are in the top 3 for the most noisy in the game along with Jane.
Also, you can reduce noise with perks, but not the size of your character.
Gives me Battle Block Theater vibes.
you know what this means
its time to turn meg into fucking abby from TLOU2
I know Meg is a sporty person but I doubt she'd be into Golf
make the dudes crouch with their knees forward to compensate for the added height
This is beautiful art! Love it
I loved the picture lol.
Mhm true.
No, Abbie would have to be the killer. All my homies hate Abbie.
Virgin urban evasion Blendette or Chad Urban evasion shirtless David?
The choice is made.
Yea ik that but females like meg,claud,feng,laurie,zarina, etc are loud too. then again david is loud. I get u can make it quieter with perks but we are talking about base. You can play female but people play either becuz they like the character. Don't let them discorage u from being steath. u can be stealth with any1
You had me at shirtless David
Not even close. I can hear Bill, Jake, Jeff, and Tapp from across the map. The only female of their octave is Jane, who sounds like a wounded warthog. I think Jeff and Jake are still louder though. Ace is the only real quiet male. Maybe Quinten as well. I don't see many of him so I don't remember his noise level.
Seriously, I will hear most of the men, especially Bill, Jake and Jeff from two killer shacks away. I will often have to stop and listen to hear Feng, Claud, Kate, Meg or Nea. Jane, her Jeff and Jake have a practical loud speaker they cry into.
As someone who plays all female survivors, the trade off for character model size is that I am MUCH louder than the male cast.
Just means that I have to prioritise healing myself.
The only loud ones imo r jeff, david, and bill. The others r average for the most part. I think that most of the females r louder and that was by design. Otz even did a video a while bac and in general all the females were loud when injured while only some males were loud and other were quieter
New survivor cosmetic when?
They just need to make man torso shorter and legs longer. Then everyone can be equal...
Honestly. I love that.
His torso, sometimes even appears to be longer than his legs
I would tunnel her out of existence
This must be in DBD.. I think it would suit dwight