MMR: Otzdarva and rank 15 survivors

Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found

Comments

  • MMR matches you up against all kinds of skill levels before settling your numbers. Otz's numbers may be sorted, but the survivors' numbers are not.

  • Obviously his MMR is low and he needs to git gud. ;)

  • @Xbob42 said:

    MMR matches you up against all kinds of skill levels before settling your numbers. Otz's numbers may be sorted, but the survivors' numbers are not.

    The MMR system should not allow ranks 12+ to be against R1 killer. That is just stupid.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510006#Comment_1510006

    The MMR system should not allow ranks 12+ to be against R1 killer. That is just stupid.

    Ranks are not a factor in the MMR system. It literally has 0 impact on the matchmaking. It is establishing a new matchmaking precedent. It will settle.

  • Breaking news : Otzwhoeveritis isn't the only one in that situation.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    He is streaming right now and it's comically sad to see him getting matched with lobbies full of green and yellow survivors. For anyone who doesn't know who he is... Are there such people? He is one of the best killers in game and he is rank 1.

    What I find ironic is Scott Jund and some other high rank streamers were complaining prior to the matchmaking going live that it would mean that if you were "top 1%" or whatever you would only be facing super sweaty survivors all the time and be paired against only top killers like Spirit and Freddy and top Nurses.

    Instead I'm pretty sure what the system does is look at something like the average of the survivor's ratings to assign a rating for their team and pair that up with a killer of similar rating. So a low-to-mid-rated killer might go against a high rated survivor plus three low rated survivors, for instance. If I'm right about that then you could easily have someone like Otz teamed up with a bunch of low rated survivors going against a mid-rated killer; basically the newer players are "Otz's matchmaking handicap" in a sense.

    And that's fine, assuming the matches they get overall are still reasonable and the queue times are short.

  • He is also going to stop giving hatch because letting them go makes your MMR worse.

  • @Xbob42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510011#Comment_1510011

    Ranks are not a factor in the MMR system. It literally has 0 impact on the matchmaking. It is establishing a new matchmaking precedent. It will settle.

    Yadayadayadayada, I know devs said ranks don't matter BUT THE SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING AS INTENDED IF IT PAIRS EXTREMELY GOOD PLAYERS AGAINST MEDIOCRE OR WORSE PLAYER TOGETHER! MMR is a ######### joke.

  • I don't get this problem as R1 killer when I get a game (waiting time is insane)..but as R1 survivor I go up against Rank 19-20 killers all the time lol

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510014#Comment_1510014

    Yadayadayadayada, I know devs said ranks don't matter BUT THE SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING AS INTENDED IF IT PAIRS EXTREMELY GOOD PLAYERS AGAINST MEDIOCRE OR WORSE PLAYER TOGETHER! MMR is a ######### joke.

    Do you actually not know how to read? MMR matches you against players of all skill levels before settling your numbers.

    Read that five or six times before replying again in all caps. New players will be ranked the same way everyone else is: By testing their skills against players of varying skill levels. That is how MMR establishes a baseline rating.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @Xbob42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510026#Comment_1510026

    Do you actually not know how to read? MMR matches you against players of all skill levels before settling your numbers.

    Read that five or six times before replying again in all caps. New players will be ranked the same way everyone else is: By testing their skills against players of varying skill levels. That is how MMR establishes a baseline rating.

    Do you know how to read? System should not put inexperienced players versus extremely experienced players. No matter how it wants to calculate the ######### numbers.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/179110/mmr-otzdarva-and-rank-15-survivors

    What I find ironic is Scott Jund and some other high rank streamers were complaining prior to the matchmaking going live that it would mean that if you were "top 1%" or whatever you would only be facing super sweaty survivors all the time and be paired against only top killers like Spirit and Freddy and top Nurses.

    Instead I'm pretty sure what the system does is look at something like the average of the survivor's ratings to assign a rating for their team and pair that up with a killer of similar rating. So a low-to-mid-rated killer might go against a high rated survivor plus three low rated survivors, for instance. If I'm right about that then you could easily have someone like Otz teamed up with a bunch of low rated survivors going against a mid-rated killer; basically the newer players are "Otz's matchmaking handicap" in a sense.

    And that's fine, assuming the matches they get overall are still reasonable and the queue times are short.

    I main deathslinger at rank 1 and I’ve have been going against nothing but try hards where every survivor has either a tool box with BNP or flashlight. All meta perks and some of them being SWF. To me this matchmaking is working flawlessly. However I have to sweat every game to win which is not fun. I can only improve by going against these teams with strategic play so I’m okay with going against this every game. Before matchmaking took 2-5 seconds as a killer now it takes about 2-5 mins.


    I was hoping to get rank 20s in my games so I could mess around with deathslinger but getting really long distance shots or falling off ledge shots just for fun and let them all go in the end but it’s been the complete opposite.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510035#Comment_1510035

    Do you know how to read? System should not put inexperienced players versus extremely experienced players. No matter how it wants to calculate the ######### numbers.

    "This is how MMR works."

    "REEEEEE NO IT SHOULDN'T WORK LIKE THAT"

    Well, that's how it works. On every game. Ever. That is how it's intended to work. The entire goddamn POINT is to put people of differing skill levels together and see how they do. If you don't like it, that's rough, but that's how it works. It will settle. Take your xanax and take a nap.

  • Obviously Otz hasn't played 10 games, the system is perfect it just takes some time, otz only plays probably 1 game a day

    :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^)

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510084#Comment_1510084

    It does not work like that in any games I've played. LoL starts at Gold rank, CSGO starts at MG, so please tell me, what game puts new players against veterans at highest ranks?

    How about you take xanax and piss off?

    See, you already don't understand. The "highest rank" hasn't been established yet. This is the establishing phase of MMR. His hours and his old rank mean nothing to the current system. This is basically a reset. Yes, I'm sure that since the MMR system was running in the background that he's got a pretty decent MMR already, but as there are so many players and we're on day 2 of MMR matchmaking, there's going to be a lot of incidents like this for a few days. It's normal, and expected.

    You have to pair people with more than just the default rating in the establishing phase, and, I know people don't like to think very far through this, but those "new" players could've just won 8 games in a row against other "new" players because everyone they went up against was more of a potato than them. So then the MMR will toss you against bigger and bigger fish until you get beat, then it'll go lower again.

    You guys see a single game results screen from one player and assume you know the story of all 5 people.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @lucid4444 said:

    Obviously Otz hasn't played 10 games, the system is perfect it just takes some time, otz only plays probably 1 game a day

    :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^)

    Has he used the same killer for all 10 matches?

  • It's pretty odd. Usually, i get maybe green / yellow / brown rank survivors in every 50 games or so, but now it happened 3 games in a row, where 2 or 3 ppl where in those ranks. I absolutly destroyed them, some suicided on hook or disconnected. I hope that will change. I don't want swat-like swf, but not overly unexperienced players as well.

  • Coco, did u already played 10 Hag Games ? does the System work for you ?

  • @Chett said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510223#Comment_1510223

    Coco, did u already played 10 Hag Games ? does the System work for you ?

    I've done exactly 10 matches, so tonight I'll be playing more hag to see how it goes from there...

    I'm recording all the matches and I'm definitely making a video about the results.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510228#Comment_1510228

    I've done exactly 10 matches, so tonight I'll be playing more hag to see how it goes from there...

    I'm recording all the matches and I'm definitely making a video about the results.

    I look forward to seeing it. Because for the life of me I would love to understand how in the hell they got an MMR system to function properly in a game like DbD. Especially when they couldn't get a simpler ranking system to work properly in four years.

    As it stands, I'm on a break for the next month until I see how this all shakes out for regular players. At this point, I don't even want to login and waste my time if this falls on its face. The Overwatch summer event launches today, I'm going to chill over there for the next three weeks.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510084#Comment_1510084

    It does not work like that in any games I've played. LoL starts at Gold rank, CSGO starts at MG, so please tell me, what game puts new players against veterans at highest ranks?

    How about you take xanax and piss off?

    Where did the pros start when these games just launched?

  • I have played mutiple survivor matches with and without friends and im still getting potatoes. Im rank 1 on xbox one.

  • Lol. Keep defending this garbage system bud.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    He is streaming right now and it's comically sad to see him getting matched with lobbies full of green and yellow survivors. For anyone who doesn't know who he is... Are there such people? He is one of the best killers in game and he is rank 1.

    He needs to play the same killer and dominate multiple times to get enough points for a higher game. Switching killers, letting survivors have hatch or survivors living affects your MMR. Win every match with the same killer and you'll see him get harder opponents.

    Update: Ortz just had a Trapper game with 3 level 2's and a Rank 3 who all probably depipped and went down a Rank. It fluctuates until the points are settled.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • I'm not defending, I'm trying to get all the facts.

    Try again.

  • this is really sad to watch. I don't know how many hours its been, but he is STILL getting 3/4 rank 20 survivors.

    https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510006#Comment_1510006

    The MMR system should not allow ranks 12+ to be against R1 killer. That is just stupid.

    This is why we say rank doesnt matter. Because it isnt the "true skill" level. It's more consistency and time played. Not skill. Its why rank 10s beat rank 1s.

    So if the mmr works, it will match accordingly, because rank doesnt matter.

  • DBD RANKS2.png

    I understand that it could take some time for the MMR to adjust so you could somewhat "justify" going against green ranks and maybe even these rank 13 and 14 survivors but can't you make it so the system prevents red ranks, purple ranks, hell probably even green ranks from playing against literally new players? I just killed 2 babies with like 10 hours into the game and I'm certain I'm going to hell for this.

  • 20200804_164036.jpg

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Just when I thought it can't get any worse... Actual rank 20... 2 of them... Holy [bad word that starts with S]

    Edit: 0 gens done obviously.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BL2ZIP3U801G/otz5.jpg

    I don't know where you're getting your vids from but his last video was today.

    20200804_164044_HDR.jpg

    This was literally today. MMR is working.

    Edit: Removed the files and figured out how to upload the pics xD

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • I don't know why Otz is getting these kinds of matches, but I am certainly getting the appropriate matchups. When the batches are unbalanced, it can lead to unbalanced matches, especially on the higher and lower ends of the MMR, but that is expected. If they didn't use a batch system, which selects say the first 100 killers in the queue, and the first 400 survivors in the queue, and then matches them as best they can, then we'd be waiting 10, 20, 45 minutes for matches.

    After about 5 or 6 matches, the system seemed to be pretty much dialed in, with the exception of the outliers (see above). Even the outliers weren't that bad. I no longer get killers that literally camp everyone on hook until they're dead, and I no longer see survivors that are so scared that they hide the entire match. Watching a survivor inch to you so slowly that you die on the hook before they get to you, is beyond frustrating. And YES, this is exactly how red ranks were before the MMR system. It's nice playing with survivors who actually do totems as well.

    I'll be killing this weekend, so we'll see how that goes, but I don't expect anything different. For those who are curious, I play on the PS4 (only play PC for the PTB), US-West region, and this is the first time in an EXTREMELY long time that I can say that they actually did something right. When was the last time that they did something right? When they reworked Hag. That's a LONG dry spell.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510469#Comment_1510469

    You don't know one of the most famous DBD streamers? Have you heard of this obscure website twitch.tv ? He has 5,469 viewers watching him right this moment. How many viewers do you have right now?

    I know from your screenshots that he's switching killers instead of playing the same one to get his actual MMR rank to settle :) I provided proof and I was not condescending :) This was his newest video. Stop spreading a false narrative. If you don't understand how an MMR works, don't talk about it then. Switching killers over and over again will keep giving him new players. Until you've done a certain amount with the same killer, you won't have an accurate MMR.

    Edit: Spelling mistake.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510110#Comment_1510110

    Where did the pros start when these games just launched?

    At mid ranks and worked their way up. As it should be. Not this nonsense we have in DBD.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510011#Comment_1510011

    This is why we say rank doesnt matter. Because it isnt the "true skill" level. It's more consistency and time played. Not skill. Its why rank 10s beat rank 1s.

    So if the mmr works, it will match accordingly, because rank doesnt matter.

    Sigh...

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510487#Comment_1510487

    That's not a prof of anything. You posted proof that he had 1 game where matchmaking actually worked. He only posts highlights on youtube. Obviously clubbing yellow ranks 10 times in a row is not a highlight. Watch his twitch stream.

    What false information am I posting in my screenshots? Do you think I'm making them in Photoshop? They are factual results of his matches.

    Claiming something as FACT when the person is switching to different killers and getting low lobbies KNOWING that it requires multiple matches with the same KILLER to get an accurate score for that specific KILLER then saying MMR is not working is FALSE. You showed that he switches killer a lot. It's already known that it requires multiple games with the same killer and each KILLER will have it's own MMR.

    It was known for awhile now. That's why your proof isn't proof. It just shows that he's playing different killers without giving MMR a chance to work like intended.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510513#Comment_1510513

    What am I claiming as a FACT? I'm posting screenshots of what I'm seeing in the stream right now and telling my OPINION about it. You are free to form your own opinion. Am I not allowed to have my opinion and write about it? Where did I say I have "proof" of anything?

    Using a picture to valid your argument that MMR is not working is what you call proof. Your argument was that MMR isn't working. Here's pics of Ortz to prove that it's not. MMR is working as intended. It's simple as that. It doesn't matter that a streamer who plays 3 hours a day isn't playing enough or using the same character enough to get a valid MMR.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510532#Comment_1510532

    I do not have an argument. I'm posting my OPINION, as well as justification for it. I'm not trying to "prove" anything. Opinion do not require any proof. Enough with the strawman. Educate yourself what opinion is.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

    "An opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement that is not conclusive, rather than facts which are true statements."

    Yet you keep going on about MMR :) It seems you've edited a few post also since we've talked. Around the time I started to add my proof, your comments are edited now. I guess if we can't see the initial comment, we can easily say something else, I suppose. Ortz doesn't seem to be that good. Honestly, basing something on a single individual is a waste of time. I guess if he's STILL getting Rank 20's and MMR is working, he's not a real Rank 1. Just plays a lot. Take care and don't edit posts to make someone look bad.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
‹ 1 2 3 4