Killer sided forums

Every time I post anything as a survivor I get backlash and same for many others. We complain about certain killers or perks and we get shamed and if we complain about toxicity towards us its all blamed on us. Oh you had this map and survivors are SOOOO strong. Yet when a killer complains about gen rushing or perks that can be circumvented its almost NEVER blamed on them. This forums community refuses to acknowledge that survivors face issues as well regardless of strength or majority or minority everybody deserves to be heard without snarky comebacks. Like yeah everyone can prevent what happens in dbd. Regardless this is supposed to be a community not a dbd trial quit getting down eachothers throats

Comments

  • Have you read the

    "Nerf DS Threads?"

    If you haven't, go take a look, your opinion will change.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    Every time I post anything as a survivor I get backlash and same for many others. We complain about certain killers or perks and we get shamed and if we complain about toxicity towards us its all blamed on us. Oh you had this map and survivors are SOOOO strong. Yet when a killer complains about gen rushing or perks that can be circumvented its almost NEVER blamed on them. This forums community refuses to acknowledge that survivors face issues as well regardless of strength or majority or minority everybody deserves to be heard without snarky comebacks. Like yeah everyone can prevent what happens in dbd. Regardless this is supposed to be a community not a dbd trial quit getting down eachothers throats

    Oh komodo this is all true but people will deny it. Kinda surprised your post hadn't had much attraction though. Maybe tomorrow you will get swarmed by people saying otherwise.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Have you read the

    "Nerf DS Threads?"

    If you haven't, go take a look, your opinion will change.

    No what I mean is just in general survivors get attacked for almost anything they say about a killer or a game. Not like about the specific divisive comments

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174888/killer-sided-forums

    Oh komodo this is all true but people will deny it. Kinda surprised your post hadn't had much attraction though. Maybe tomorrow you will get swarmed by people saying otherwise.

    Look at my previous post about t3 meyers

  • most of the time killers mains are right and one of the reasons why is because most of us play both sides unlike a good chunk of the survivor community so we know this game the best. Is there biased people out there? of course there are that doesn't change and the nerf ds posts show that.

    Like most times a good killer complains about a map or gen rushing or both they have a point. I got lerrys as legion earlier today and even tho i ended chases quickly i couldn't apply pressure with frenzy because of lerrys layout and because they were not healing and focused on gens so i lost. most killers would fail to beat that and if it was against some survivors who could do good in a chase almost all killers would lose because lerrys is a horrible map for killer. Is that me or anyone being biased? no thats just the horrible balanced state of this game.

    Go play a lot of killer, get to high ranks or face good survivors with the new mmr or whatever it is and when you go against that one team who knows what they are doing try and say survivors need help because they really dont. is camping and tunneling(the only issues you can complain about) toxic and a little unfair of course it is but what should the devs do to fix it without it being abused?

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    most of the time killers mains are right and one of the reasons why is because most of us play both sides unlike a good chunk of the survivor community so we know this game the best. Is there biased people out there? of course there are that doesn't change and the nerf ds posts show that.

    Like most times a good killer complains about a map or gen rushing or both they have a point. I got lerrys as legion earlier today and even tho i ended chases quickly i couldn't apply pressure with frenzy because of lerrys layout and because they were not healing and focused on gens so i lost. most killers would fail to beat that and if it was against some survivors who could do good in a chase almost all killers would lose because lerrys is a horrible map for killer. Is that me or anyone being biased? no thats just the horrible balanced state of this game.

    Go play a lot of killer, get to high ranks or face good survivors with the new mmr or whatever it is and when you go against that one team who knows what they are doing try and say survivors need help because they really dont. is camping and tunneling(the only issues you can complain about) toxic and a little unfair of course it is but what should the devs do to fix it without it being abused?

    Ok first don't say ######### like that. I am sure lots of people play both sides. So do I. But I prefer survivor, because killer is too stressful or too easy when you play only good killers to avoid being wrecked. Frankly I can hit rank 1 and I have my ups and downs but it gegs boring playing the same killers and worrying about being bullied and crap. Survivor is more relaxing in that sense, but can be just as aggravating but I enjoy it more. Second I know both sides well enough to say when you get slugged all game just to be a dick that isnt right or fair or fun. I only made this because I had a game against a perma t3 meyers and he slugged over and over with only 2 hooks the whole game and he even said he just wanted to be a jerk. And when I asked for peoples opinion on what he did I get the standard oh you were in red forest you should have won or gen rushed. Like ok? Do you not know that bad rng can easily change the sides chances? Or when we get constantly slugged and have 2 people down and 1 being chased like what can we do? Do gens? Yeah see that's the issue as scott jund even said if you snowball you cant be gen rushed and that's just that. But this guy did nothing fair. Uses a cheap add on and then nods his head to the last survivor. Sorry but until I have people answer that post with sincerity in how they feel instead of blaming me and my team then my mindset will change. So since you play both sides go look at my post and comment accordingly and then we will see how you look at things objectively.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476464#Comment_1476464

    Ok first don't say ######### like that. I am sure lots of people play both sides. So do I. But I prefer survivor, because killer is too stressful or too easy when you play only good killers to avoid being wrecked. Frankly I can hit rank 1 and I have my ups and downs but it gegs boring playing the same killers and worrying about being bullied and crap. Survivor is more relaxing in that sense, but can be just as aggravating but I enjoy it more. Second I know both sides well enough to say when you get slugged all game just to be a dick that isnt right or fair or fun. I only made this because I had a game against a perma t3 meyers and he slugged over and over with only 2 hooks the whole game and he even said he just wanted to be a jerk. And when I asked for peoples opinion on what he did I get the standard oh you were in red forest you should have won or gen rushed. Like ok? Do you not know that bad rng can easily change the sides chances? Or when we get constantly slugged and have 2 people down and 1 being chased like what can we do? Do gens? Yeah see that's the issue as scott jund even said if you snowball you cant be gen rushed and that's just that. But this guy did nothing fair. Uses a cheap add on and then nods his head to the last survivor. Sorry but until I have people answer that post with sincerity in how they feel instead of blaming me and my team then my mindset will change. So since you play both sides go look at my post and comment accordingly and then we will see how you look at things objectively.

    First of all I agree to your original post. But let me say some things. First of all perma tier 3 Myers is not cheap, it is extremely high risk high reward, and it is your team's fault for giving it to him. I play both sides now, but I like killer more, and I agree that these forums have more killer mains than survivor mains. Getting slugged all game may not be fun, but it is essential sometimes (not like that Myers, he didn't need to slug). Anyway, I have to go now, but I will write more soon.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476558#Comment_1476558

    First of all I agree to your original post. But let me say some things. First of all perma tier 3 Myers is not cheap, it is extremely high risk high reward, and it is your team's fault for giving it to him. I play both sides now, but I like killer more, and I agree that these forums have more killer mains than survivor mains. Getting slugged all game may not be fun, but it is essential sometimes (not like that Myers, he didn't need to slug). Anyway, I have to go now, but I will write more soon.

    I like you. You make sense.

  • I made a post about dead hard beeing too strong. Literally everyone told me i'm a bad killer. It also goes the other way round in this forums.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476558#Comment_1476558

    First of all I agree to your original post. But let me say some things. First of all perma tier 3 Myers is not cheap, it is extremely high risk high reward, and it is your team's fault for giving it to him. I play both sides now, but I like killer more, and I agree that these forums have more killer mains than survivor mains. Getting slugged all game may not be fun, but it is essential sometimes (not like that Myers, he didn't need to slug). Anyway, I have to go now, but I will write more soon.

    no I agree but when people use it as a way to annoy others that's cheap and frankly any good killer can get that. T3 is not hard to get even with people on gens and the main issue is the rng we had which caused him to snowball fast enough to where we had to get off gens

  • @NursesBootie said:

    I made a post about dead hard beeing too strong. Literally everyone told me i'm a bad killer. It also goes the other way round in this forums.

    Ok but that is different dead hard has counters, first don't hit and bait it out and if your on their butt and they still look back they probably have dead hard. Lunge at the end of their dead hard you get the hit. If they run into you they obviously have dead hard and if they use it lunge with a 360 and you'll always hit them if you aim it right. Also deadhard doesnt work properly so it leaves people exhausted on the ground. Its not too strong. Its pretty strong and can cause losses for both sides, so if you can't take the knowledge and adapt you are most likely bad or a slow learner. But dont worry even I forget about deadhard or fall for it.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    Every time I post anything as a survivor I get backlash and same for many others. We complain about certain killers or perks and we get shamed and if we complain about toxicity towards us its all blamed on us. Oh you had this map and survivors are SOOOO strong. Yet when a killer complains about gen rushing or perks that can be circumvented its almost NEVER blamed on them. This forums community refuses to acknowledge that survivors face issues as well regardless of strength or majority or minority everybody deserves to be heard without snarky comebacks. Like yeah everyone can prevent what happens in dbd. Regardless this is supposed to be a community not a dbd trial quit getting down eachothers throats

    Go read gen rush threads. Most of them has replies from more experienced killers saying it was because of lack of gen pressure and committing for chases too long.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476566#Comment_1476566

    Ok but that is different dead hard has counters, first don't hit and bait it out and if your on their butt and they still look back they probably have dead hard. Lunge at the end of their dead hard you get the hit. If they run into you they obviously have dead hard and if they use it lunge with a 360 and you'll always hit them if you aim it right. Also deadhard doesnt work properly so it leaves people exhausted on the ground. Its not too strong. Its pretty strong and can cause losses for both sides, so if you can't take the knowledge and adapt you are most likely bad or a slow learner. But dont worry even I forget about deadhard or fall for it.

    I'm a nurse main that's why. DH is just a free second chance against nurse.

    There are also situations where it's used for distance without a counter against any killer.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174888/killer-sided-forums

    Go read gen rush threads. Most of them has replies from more experienced killers saying it was because of lack of gen pressure and committing for chases too long.

    My examples are based off majority of what I've seen and it is not to say that killers receive no backlash. But to say survivors are usually given the short end in the forums

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476570#Comment_1476570

    I'm a nurse main that's why. DH is just a free second chance against nurse.

    There are also situations where it's used for distance without a counter against any killer.

    Well if you're a nurse main then deadhard shouldn't be an issue and nurse has a short and long post blink lunge that seems really buggy and these counters can still be used with timing and maybe an add on but if dead hard is an issue you should focus on zoning to avoid the very useful distance plays

  • People saying this forum is "killer sided" are just being delusional.

    Just because people dont agree with you doesn't mean they are killer mains. Maybe they play Both sides or are even survivor mains that are reasonable.

    Just discuss your opinion with Them and tell Them why you think something should be changed. That's what forums about: discussions no crying

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476578#Comment_1476578

    Well if you're a nurse main then deadhard shouldn't be an issue and nurse has a short and long post blink lunge that seems really buggy and these counters can still be used with timing and maybe an add on but if dead hard is an issue you should focus on zoning to avoid the very useful distance plays

    Why should DH not be an issue?

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Have you read the

    "Nerf DS Threads?"

    If you haven't, go take a look, your opinion will change.

    A lot of survivors dont usually comment that much though. Tbh I think it’s the negative attitude from the killer clique that makes the atmosphere oppressive.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476411#Comment_1476411

    A lot of survivors dont usually comment that much though. Tbh I think it’s the negative attitude from the killer clique that makes the atmosphere oppressive.

    I Love "Nerf DS Threads."

    Every scenario they want to blame it on survivors, it just...it puts me in a good mood. =]

  • Heres the way I view it. Survivors have less to complain about compared to killers. This means that most experienced survivors won't defend other survivors who complain about silly things like how OP a killer is.

    The thing is when a killer of any rank complains about something, most other killers agree and give them support. No matter how dumb it sounds they'll support the person regardless. That's probably why the forums seem killer sided.

    I just think the forums are cry baby favoured tbh.

  • That is probably false. Comb through a hundred threads and you'll see an equal amount of moronic "mains" screaming at each other, whilst people that play a decent amount of both sides and attempt to have an actual discussion get screamed at as an opposition "main". The bias comes not from the forum as a whole, but from the individual thread.

    A lot of that is the fact that people will play the significant majority of their trials as one side, then belittle the issues of the other and/or outright refuse to acknowledge any problem in the first place. For example, survivors can always fall back on the "do gens" tactic to pretty much escape every trial. A lot of killers accept this and, instead of trying to play normally, hardcore tunnel and facecamp to get in a few petty kills, regardless of the generator speeds of a specific trial. Survivors combat this by equipping perks that, whilst they were designed for anti-scumbag purposes, are broad enough to be used in a shocking array of situations and with a punishment befitting scumbags, not average killers attempting to play nice.

    Then people come onto the forums and complain that they got tunneled and facecamped, and someone else in the forum will complain about getting hit by a dozen second-chance perks. Both posts attract sympathetic readers that defend them against anyone belittling their troubles, whether or not they were ACTUALLY getting belittled, and form a sense of comradeship with the others who have dealt with similar issues and become hostile to outside opinion, the quality of which varies from attempts at positivity to "it's the only way to win, stop complaining", "don't camp and tunnel then, moron", and of course the ever present "Git Gud scrub."

  • @bingbongboi90 said:

    People saying this forum is "killer sided" are just being delusional.

    Just because people dont agree with you doesn't mean they are killer mains. Maybe they play Both sides or are even survivor mains that are reasonable.

    Just discuss your opinion with Them and tell Them why you think something should be changed. That's what forums about: discussions no crying

    When I say killer sided I dont mean they are a killer main. I mean that if you can bag on survivors and blame their bad experience on their own fault but not do the same or defend a killers strong perk combo but at the same time insult a survivors thats killer sided

  • Because nurse can end chases faster than anyone and asni said she has a far lunge too but I dont know enough of how to play her to always get a far lunge sometimes I get a short one

  • Nurse and spirit definitely need nerfs or even reworks. People justify that nurse and spirit are required because of how fast gens go. The argument is valid and devs can possibly increase gen time by a little bit and nerf nurse and spirit at the same time so every killer is good enough.

  • I said this in the same thread that was made about this. The reason why the forums seem killer sided is because Killers are not in the power role and haven't been for a while.

    Survivors control the pace of the game, they are the ones that have to make mistakes for the killer to win. Survivors don't have to rely on killer mistakes.

    Over 60% of the killers need a lot of work so they can compete at the highest rank. Not to mention SWF already give survivors an even bigger advantage.

    Basically survivors crying about things needing to be nerfed or that they need a buff of some sort is like Jeff Bezos crying that he needs a raise.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    Every time I post anything as a survivor I get backlash and same for many others. We complain about certain killers or perks and we get shamed and if we complain about toxicity towards us its all blamed on us. Oh you had this map and survivors are SOOOO strong. Yet when a killer complains about gen rushing or perks that can be circumvented its almost NEVER blamed on them. This forums community refuses to acknowledge that survivors face issues as well regardless of strength or majority or minority everybody deserves to be heard without snarky comebacks. Like yeah everyone can prevent what happens in dbd. Regardless this is supposed to be a community not a dbd trial quit getting down eachothers throats

    Dude, you made a post about inf teir 3 Myers slugging. You expected to get a rush of support when really the long and short is your team screwed up big time to allow that to happen. Myers isn't GF, he can't just sneak up on you outside in the open, he's tall and super white with a blue/red jumpsuit, and he's slower for the whole game.. And if you don't know why killers slug, you probably play in low ELO or and area with more bad survivors than good.


    You have some nerve trying to force your opinion on people, then to exert that because that opinion was met with disapproval and get betters/ sorry for bad teammates, you decided that means everyone here is a killer main. Grow up, not everyone will agree. Don't need to ######### talk everyone because you didn't get the response you wanted, and technically this thread should be shut down, but the mods have pretty much abandoned this place and I don't blame them.

  • Okay?

    I literally have seen survivor mains on here alot more than killer, and some do 50/50.

    Forums isn’t any sided

  • This content has been removed.
  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    most of the time killers mains are right and one of the reasons why is because most of us play both sides unlike a good chunk of the survivor community so we know this game the best. Is there biased people out there? of course there are that doesn't change and the nerf ds posts show that.

    Like most times a good killer complains about a map or gen rushing or both they have a point. I got lerrys as legion earlier today and even tho i ended chases quickly i couldn't apply pressure with frenzy because of lerrys layout and because they were not healing and focused on gens so i lost. most killers would fail to beat that and if it was against some survivors who could do good in a chase almost all killers would lose because lerrys is a horrible map for killer. Is that me or anyone being biased? no thats just the horrible balanced state of this game.

    Go play a lot of killer, get to high ranks or face good survivors with the new mmr or whatever it is and when you go against that one team who knows what they are doing try and say survivors need help because they really dont. is camping and tunneling(the only issues you can complain about) toxic and a little unfair of course it is but what should the devs do to fix it without it being abused?

    Posts like this create topis like this. The assumption that only the "killer mains" play both roles and therefor understand the game is ridiculous.

  • I know I already posted in here but I just remembered that in the “polls” section a CM made a poll on who everyone mains

    4F77E80B-C09F-4D53-8DEE-10EAE7273A9C.png

    I think that using this information given on who mains who, forums actually has less Killer Main’s than survivor mains.

    So yeah, guess that means forums is “killer sided”

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476803#Comment_1476803

    Because nurse can end chases faster than anyone and asni said she has a far lunge too but I dont know enough of how to play her to always get a far lunge sometimes I get a short one

    She can end chases fast true, but She got a crapload of bugs, the shortened lunge is one of it. You can play around it by waiting a tad bit longer before ounging after blinking.

  • Agree, for example imagine this replay has more votes than the rest lol:

    @AChaoticKiller said:

    most of the time killers mains are right and one of the reasons why is because most of us play both sides unlike a good chunk of the survivor community so we know this game the best. Is there biased people out there? of course there are that doesn't change and the nerf ds posts show that.

    Like most times a good killer complains about a map or gen rushing or both they have a point. I got lerrys as legion earlier today and even tho i ended chases quickly i couldn't apply pressure with frenzy because of lerrys layout and because they were not healing and focused on gens so i lost. most killers would fail to beat that and if it was against some survivors who could do good in a chase almost all killers would lose because lerrys is a horrible map for killer. Is that me or anyone being biased? no thats just the horrible balanced state of this game.

    Go play a lot of killer, get to high ranks or face good survivors with the new mmr or whatever it is and when you go against that one team who knows what they are doing try and say survivors need help because they really dont. is camping and tunneling(the only issues you can complain about) toxic and a little unfair of course it is but what should the devs do to fix it without it being abused?

    Killers are mostly right unlike survivors, That is the most BS thing i ever read in these fourms congrats to you for that. I play both sides but more as solo survivor i also have 3k hours in this game. And i say survivors has more things to complain about more than killers.

    Gen rush? Yeah big problem but thats it. Believe it or not that is the only problem for killers with maybe little nerf for keys. But what about survivors? You could face broken killers/broken killer addons/tunnelers/campers/sluggers/moris. Just ONE of these can ruin the whole match for you.

    I don't know why you saying maps. Because some maps are bad for survivors too, And even killers each one has his own good/bad maps, Lerrys for example is bad map for Huntress or Nurse but good map for stealthy killers, So i don't know what are you trying to say here.


    These fourms encourages killers to be more toxic, And when survivor get his day ruined by those killers and come to explain his problems here he faces the same toxic killers here too to tell him his problem dosen't matter.