Certain Killers Shouldn't Be Able To Run Certain Perks/Combos

I mean come on. Do I really need to say anything else? Some examples:

  • Stridor Spirit
  • Pop Freddy
  • Spirit Fury/Enduring Billy
  • Infectious Fright Nurse

Theres a few more I can't think of off the top of my head, but perks like this on these killers is quite literally so unfun. And before anyone comes for my neck I've played about 3k hours on PC of both sides and these perks are quite literally so busted on these killers it's insane. And, I won't reply to anyone doing any whataboutism's on this thread.

EDIT:

People are flipping out at me about survivor sided things so I'll list a few survivor perks I believe could use some adjustment as well

  • Ds Unbreakable. Obvious
  • Unbreakable Soul guard, sort of uncommon right now but i've played against it, very annoying
  • vault build (resilience spine chill) i personally think theres no issue with it, but some people might not like it
  • prove thyself better together, need i say more

EDIT 2:

I'm seeing a lot of "well this perk is totally fine" and i didn't make myself very clear in saying that i don't want the PERKS nerfed persay, I want the killers running them to be tuned a little bit so that these perks aren't as powerful as they can be on these specific killers. AKA fix the core base mechanics of the game. Perks are fine on their own.

Comments

  • I'm aware - I'm just saying you're dismissing someones opinion when even a blindfolded, deafened, stuck in a closet Stevie Wonder could see that this isn't about opinion. This is common sense.

    X killer shouldn't be allowed to run X perk because it works with their power.

    I've likely got more experience then you - and he's right./

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471499#Comment_1471499

    Right...

    So seeing as that’s not really an answer to his question, and a just redirect, you don’t really know do you?

    Or are you gonna prove me wrong by ACTUALLY answering his question?

    This is the damn problem on these forums. OP is clearly having trouble and frustrations with some things, expresses that, it gets challenged by other forum members, OP asks “what do I do then?”, forum gives a “git gud” or a plethora of other non-answers.

    Why are so few interested in providing help, instead of focusing on tearing players down?!

    I did provide an answer. I told him to go watch game play videos of how to counter spirit and change his play style.. He refused, demanded I tell him, and said he refused to believe there is a counter. If he can't even be bothered to watch some videos which will cover dozens of times more scenarios than I could ever type out then he isn't actually interested in learning. He just wants everything else to change so he can stay the same.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471559#Comment_1471559

    I have nearly 4200 hours in game. More than half of it is survivor. Every character, survivor and killer, P3'd with all perks.

    It's a stupid idea.

    There, how's that for a valid opinion? Tell me a way my opinion isn't valid, even though it's not an opinion, it's just common sense.

    theres a HARD difference between me bringing up a point and other people going "WELL WHAT ABOUT THIS" instead of acknowledging my point, thats why i'm not going to reply to comments like that lmao

  • You definitely have a good point I will add it’s not just killer side tho there are many combos survivors shouldn’t be able to run but difference there is it’s every one of them not just certain few the biggest example being ds and unbreakable I will call one point of yours that can’t be changed until a perk on the survior side is changed that being spirit stridor you can’t do anything with that until iron will and sounds are fixed as that’s the main reason stridor is used

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471565#Comment_1471565

    Through the powers of observation and analysis of 2500 hours of gameplay against survivors of all skill levels.

    So you got 2.5k hours yet you still hardly play survivor. You have only looked and barely experienced your opinions are biased.

  • @Hazerino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471575#Comment_1471575

    theres a HARD difference between me bringing up a point and other people going "WELL WHAT ABOUT THIS" instead of acknowledging my point, thats why i'm not going to reply to comments like that lmao

    This is the type of thread that LITERALLY baits responses like that. How in gods name do you make a thread saying "this killer shouldn't be able to use this perk because it works too well with their power" and not expect people to make DIRECT AND VALID COMPARISONS TO THE ######### SURVIVORS DO IN ALMOST EVERY GAME WITH THEIR PERK SETUPS?

    Jesus CHRIST dude. GET OVER YOURSELF. You're just TERRIFIED of other peoples responses because you KNOW its nonsense.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471581#Comment_1471581

    I'm aware - I'm just saying you're dismissing someones opinion when even a blindfolded, deafened, stuck in a closet Stevie Wonder could see that this isn't about opinion. This is common sense.

    X killer shouldn't be allowed to run X perk because it works with their power.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471578#Comment_1471578

    I've likely got more experience then you - and he's right./

    you can't play one side strictly and then claim to know the other side. it doesn't work like that. sure you can get an idea of it but you aren't playing it and feeling it

  • Very good observation!

    But a person doesn't need to have a bone broken to understand that it hurts and requires a long healing process.

  • @Hazerino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471582#Comment_1471582

    you can't play one side strictly and then claim to know the other side. it doesn't work like that. sure you can get an idea of it but you aren't playing it and feeling it

    More than half my playtime is survivor.

    More experience than you.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471581#Comment_1471581

    I'm aware - I'm just saying you're dismissing someones opinion when even a blindfolded, deafened, stuck in a closet Stevie Wonder could see that this isn't about opinion. This is common sense.

    X killer shouldn't be allowed to run X perk because it works with their power.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471578#Comment_1471578

    I've likely got more experience then you - and he's right./

    I never said I was against all the power/perk combos only one I have an issue with is stridor spirit because it actual makes her quite literally uncounterable. Dont assume anything and the reason I dismissed his opinion is because he *hardly* plays survivor not to mention he isnt even *good*.

  • I can't think of anything nice to say to the OP. So I'll simply say I strongly disagree.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471589#Comment_1471589

    More than half my playtime is survivor.

    More experience than you.

    bold claim to assume you know how much time i've put into survivor personally, more hours doesn't automatically mean more knowledge

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471578#Comment_1471578

    Very good observation!

    But a person doesn't need to have a bone broken to understand that it hurts and requires a long healing process.

    of course, but you don't actually feel that pain and healing process? that's my point

  • Oh boy here we go

    Spirt plus Stridor, Yes Spirit is busted and needs some tuning I can agree with this one.

    pop and freddy, Yes incredibly strong on Freddy but pop requires a hook to activate so there is counter play and Freddy difficult to loop but it is possible.

    Spirit fury n Enduring.. so get this..you get to a pallet and okay you gonna freak.. drop it early and don’t be so greedy with it. Suddenly the killer wasted two perk slots for a niche combo.

    Infectious Fright

    on nurse sure pretty strong especially on a good nurse, if you have so much trouble with it run calm spirit. Keep spread out if you find out she has infectious, deny her the 4k slug she craves.


    All of these perks are fine along with the killers you mention (Spirit is the only exception but she herself is busted) and before you just ignorantly dismiss my opinion as just another killer main, I play both sides with 4k hours.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471582#Comment_1471582

    I never said I was against all the power/perk combos only one I have an issue with is stridor spirit because it actual makes her quite literally uncounterable. Dont assume anything and the reason I dismissed his opinion is because he *hardly* plays survivor not to mention he isnt even *good*.

    It doesn't matter if he hardly plays survivor. This isn't about experience (which I have more of than all of you, again, if we're going to go there), this is about common sense. When your solution is "make it so this killer can't use this perk", it's SUPER FREAKING GOOD that you aren't on the dev team.

    But if killers came in here and said "Make it players can't use DS/BT/Unbreakable together", you'd ######### all over it.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471577#Comment_1471577

    So you got 2.5k hours yet you still hardly play survivor. You have only looked and barely experienced your opinions are biased.

    Have you played with other survivors? Why would I want to put myself through that lol

    I don't like playing on teams because I don't like carrying the bad team nor being carried by a good team.

    I prefer solo which is the Killer role.

  • @Hazerino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471590#Comment_1471590

    of course, but you don't actually feel that pain and healing process? that's my point

    I don't need to. That's the point.

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    Oh boy here we go

    Spirt plus Stridor, Yes Spirit is busted and needs some tuning I can agree with this one.

    pop and freddy, Yes incredibly strong on Freddy but pop requires a hook to activate so there is counter play and Freddy difficult to loop but it is possible.

    Spirit fury n Enduring.. so get this..you get to a pallet and okay you gonna freak.. drop it early and don’t be so greedy with it. Suddenly the killer wasted two perk slots for a niche combo.

    Infectious Fright

    on nurse sure pretty strong especially on a good nurse, if you have so much trouble with it run calm spirit. Keep spread out if you find out she has infectious, deny her the 4k slug she craves.

    All of these perks are fine along with the killers you mention (Spirit is the only exception but she herself is busted) and before you just ignorantly dismiss my opinion as just another killer main, I play both sides with 4k hours.

    i won't dimiss the opinion of someone who actually offers counter to my issues. thank you

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471595#Comment_1471595

    It doesn't matter if he hardly plays survivor. This isn't about experience (which I have more of than all of you, again, if we're going to go there), this is about common sense. When your solution is "make it so this killer can't use this perk", it's SUPER FREAKING GOOD that you aren't on the dev team.

    But if killers came in here and said "Make it players can't use DS/BT/Unbreakable together", you'd ######### all over it.

    Once again I never said make the combos not work with killer I just said I have a problem with one and think its unfair. Stop putting words in my mouth. Also just because you have more hours than me I'm only about 2.1k+ doesnt mean I dont understand the game.

    Just like @Hazerino you cant claim to know a side you dont play. If I said nerf billy and also said I dont play killer just watch I'd have a bunch of killers telling me I'm wrong right?

  • you do NEED to because otherwise you aren't getting the full experience of it. dont go and break your bones obviously but if you aren't playing survivor you can't really understand

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471587#Comment_1471587

    Have you played with other survivors? Why would I want to put myself through that lol

    I don't like playing on teams because I don't like carrying the bad team nor being carried by a good team.

    I prefer solo which is the Killer role.

    I can understand you on why you dont play survivor but that isnt an excuse for you to make a bunch of claims about survivor without experience.

    If I said I prefer survivor and dont like playing killer because I like teams and then made a claim like nurse needs another nerf I'd get swarmed by a bunch of people.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471446#Comment_1471446

    If survivors couldnt use ds killers would hard tunnel deny that right now.

    I dont tunnel. Even with no obsession. It just ruins the fun for the person being tunneled. Most killers would not tunnel if given the chance. If survivor sided imbalance wasn't an issue. But some killers would still tunnel regardless of if DS is used or not. And once its gone, it is gone for good.

    It does not stop anyone from tunneling. Besides, PH existing means that DS isn't always reliable.

    And, on top of that, I have seen more survivors attempt to use DS offensively instead of the purpose most give it right now: that of an anti-tunnel perk.

    DS needs another rework. It is too versatile. For too much reward. For failing at the one main goal: to survive.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471584#Comment_1471584

    No, that’s just a redirect.

    Thats you not taking responsibility for your “original” answer that strongly implied YOU know the appropriate counter.

    You could have just said “I don’t know, but here’s a YouTube link for you that should help” as one example.

    Had his original post been about asking for help I would have been glad to give him a link. Instead it was demanding the game change to suit him. Heck, he didn't even ask for a link. He decided to remain willfully ignorant if I didn't give him the exact answer right then.

    Also, there isn't a one size fits all answer like he seems to expect, and you imply as well. It's literally learning a different way to play than you do against most killers.

  • Just because a killer's power works well with certain perks isn't really enough to prevent players from using those perks on those killers.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471548#Comment_1471548

    I dont tunnel. Even with no obsession. It just ruins the fun for the person being tunneled. Most killers would not tunnel if given the chance. If survivor sided imbalance wasn't an issue. But some killers would still tunnel regardless of if DS is used or not. And once its gone, it is gone for good.

    It does not stop anyone from tunneling. Besides, PH existing means that DS isn't always reliable.

    And, on top of that, I have seen more survivors attempt to use DS offensively instead of the purpose most give it right now: that of an anti-tunnel perk.

    DS needs another rework. It is too versatile. For too much reward. For failing at the one main goal: to survive.

    Man the release of PH showed killers would tunnel if the opportunity arises. You are speaking for you personally I respect that you care for others fun.but keep it real here.

    Yeah DS is used offensively but it isnt an anti tunnel perk its anti momentum so all I can tell you is either eat the ds or the unbreakable because that's usually combo'd with it. Then when there is no more unbreakable slug.

  • @Hazerino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471605#Comment_1471605

    you do NEED to because otherwise you aren't getting the full experience of it. dont go and break your bones obviously but if you aren't playing survivor you can't really understand

    A medical license (or medical experience to some extent) is required in order to apply a cast to heal a broken bone.

    Should the doctor have studied human anatomy in medical school to be able to do this?

    If the doctor didn't study medicine, is it enough that they broke their own bones once or many times to be able to apply a cast?

    Does not having a broken bone limit the doctor's ability to apply a cast due to the experience they've had applying casts in the past and studying the process in medical school?

  • Pop freddy can be countered by doing another gen and coming back later he can only pop one gen at a time

  • @Hazerino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471602#Comment_1471602

    i won't dimiss the opinion of someone who actually offers counter to my issues. thank you

    Alright I apologize, I jumped the gun and assumed this was gonna be another typical thread on here, I made a misjudgment so excuse any smart alick remarks in my original post.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471548#Comment_1471548

    I dont tunnel. Even with no obsession. It just ruins the fun for the person being tunneled. Most killers would not tunnel if given the chance. If survivor sided imbalance wasn't an issue. But some killers would still tunnel regardless of if DS is used or not. And once its gone, it is gone for good.

    It does not stop anyone from tunneling. Besides, PH existing means that DS isn't always reliable.

    And, on top of that, I have seen more survivors attempt to use DS offensively instead of the purpose most give it right now: that of an anti-tunnel perk.

    DS needs another rework. It is too versatile. For too much reward. For failing at the one main goal: to survive.

    Ds would be completely fine if you couldn't recover if you had the perk

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471446#Comment_1471446

    If survivors couldnt use ds killers would hard tunnel deny that right now.

    You really are right. Maybe a strong build of combos used by survivors

  • seriously i use spirit i never use stridor on her i know she got it never use it pop used on most killers if not all.

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471626#Comment_1471626

    Ds would be completely fine if you couldn't recover if you had the perk

    I feel like it needs a defined role, and anti-momentum is not a role.

    And it needs a cost. Being the obsession in most circumstances is not a negative. Maybe if it gave the option for a mori in the endgame. Something like a mini rancor effect. You bought time, but now you are punished for it.

  • Until sounds are properly fixed, most Spirits will probably be stuck using stridor, as it makes their game more reliable.

    Pop is just good overall. Only because of the gen speed issue, which is of course, not an issue to pure survivor mains & apparently the devs...

    Spirit Fury/Enduring Billy is rare these days, at least in my experience. More likely to see Ruin on a billy than SF/EN.

    Infectious is more common on Oni... again, in my experience.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471588#Comment_1471588

    Because there are already a TONNE of posts where that can be done, and the OP made it clear in the first comment that they wanted the focus of this discussion to NOT be “but what about this survivor perk blah blah...”

    What they said doesn't matter. When you make a post with this subject matter, you're literally just saying "opposing opinions and valid comparisons not allowed".

  • To be fair, you can blame the devs for that. They designed a killer whose optimal playstyle was tunneling. Like, so much so that it made no sense not to.

  • I agree. Freddy shouldn't be able to use Dying Light, Thana, Ruin, and Pop with double slowdown addons.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471584#Comment_1471584

    No, that’s just a redirect.

    Thats you not taking responsibility for your “original” answer that strongly implied YOU know the appropriate counter.

    You could have just said “I don’t know, but here’s a YouTube link for you that should help” as one example.

    You are a cool guy man ngl I like your responses to these people.

  • Ok but all survivors can't have more that 1 meta perk

  • Oh and don't worry, you don't have to use your listed combinations yourself, there 1 killer out there isn't running them thats enough for now.

  • I don't get the PGTW hate lately. This perk has been around forever and no complaints. Then it is suddenly a problem.

    For matter, Devour Hope too. I was called sweaty for running Devour Hope. Huh? Not that I worry about a whiney complaint, but I'm quite curious as to how these things got to this point.

  • @Pryzm said:

    I don't get the PGTW hate lately. This perk has been around forever and no complaints. Then it is suddenly a problem.

    For matter, Devour Hope too. I was called sweaty for running Devour Hope. Huh? Not that I worry about a whiney complaint, but I'm quite curious as to how these things got to this point.

    No complaints because it's just next on the Survivor Whine List.

    They got ruin. Now pop, BBQ etc are up on the "let's whine about these" list.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471774#Comment_1471774

    Thanks.

    It’s just a little tiring seeing the “us vs them” responses.

    Its clear the OP is frustrated. Thus it’s implied they’re having trouble in these scenarios. We come to the forums for help, maybe debate, but all too often it divulges into attacks and WAY too much unfounded speculation on how toxic the other person probably plays.

    We all just want to play the game.

    We all just want to have fun.

    We all just want to improve our skills.

    Exactly now you have people attacking OP instead of providing the help he clearly wants. It's actually disgusting tbh can we not come together and help one another we are part of the same community.

  • @Pryzm said:

    I don't get the PGTW hate lately. This perk has been around forever and no complaints. Then it is suddenly a problem.

    For matter, Devour Hope too. I was called sweaty for running Devour Hope. Huh? Not that I worry about a whiney complaint, but I'm quite curious as to how these things got to this point.

    it used alot more after the ruin nerf so a lot more complain about it now.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471626#Comment_1471626

    Man the release of PH showed killers would tunnel if the opportunity arises. You are speaking for you personally I respect that you care for others fun.but keep it real here.

    Yeah DS is used offensively but it isnt an anti tunnel perk its anti momentum so all I can tell you is either eat the ds or the unbreakable because that's usually combo'd with it. Then when there is no more unbreakable slug.

    Anti-momentum isn't a role that should be filled by a perk. Especially not one as easy to use as DS. Survivor actions should be anti-momentum.

    And to be able to use the cages correctly with PH, you have to fulfill certain conditions, and even then, it makes you weaker when you use the cages (no hook perks apply and you cure two people of torment. Not only that, you give up pressure by sending them away from you).

  • @Hazerino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471605#Comment_1471605

    you do NEED to because otherwise you aren't getting the full experience of it. dont go and break your bones obviously but if you aren't playing survivor you can't really understand

    So, until you have broken a bone, you can't empathize with a person or give advice as to how not to make it worse? Great logic.

    Seriously, gatekeeping is such a stupid action to take in discussions. His opinion is valid, and it seems even more so to me, when I play both sides and see the glaring issues on the wall.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471671#Comment_1471671

    I feel like it needs a defined role, and anti-momentum is not a role.

    And it needs a cost. Being the obsession in most circumstances is not a negative. Maybe if it gave the option for a mori in the endgame. Something like a mini rancor effect. You bought time, but now you are punished for it.

    Almost all obsession perks prioritize keeping the Obsession alive besides Remember Me (Encourages you to kill the obsession so they can't get the door) and Dead Man's Switch. (Procs when you hook the obsession, but doesn't completely shut off like Furtive Chase does when the Obsession dies)


    As absolutely ######### of a perk the old Dying Light was ("I'm going to tunnel and mori the living ######### out of this one survivor, and EVERYONE gets punished for his failure at staying alive!") it at least meant there was a danger to being the obsession since one of the possible obsession perks revolved around killing the obsession ASAP.


    I wonder what the point is of even giving survivors a 1K survival BP "Obsession Dead" bonus for dying as the obsession. I can't tell if it's supposed to be some kind of consolation prize or if it's like "Atta boy! You just cucked the killer out of his obsession perk by dying! Good job!"

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471699#Comment_1471699

    Almost all obsession perks prioritize keeping the Obsession alive besides Remember Me (Encourages you to kill the obsession so they can't get the door) and Dead Man's Switch. (Procs when you hook the obsession, but doesn't completely shut off like Furtive Chase does when the Obsession dies)

    As absolutely ######### of a perk the old Dying Light was ("I'm going to tunnel and mori the living ######### out of this one survivor, and EVERYONE gets punished for his failure at staying alive!") it at least meant there was a danger to being the obsession since one of the possible obsession perks revolved around killing the obsession ASAP.

    I wonder what the point is of even giving survivors a 1K survival BP "Obsession Dead" bonus for dying as the obsession. I can't tell if it's supposed to be some kind of consolation prize or if it's like "Atta boy! You just cucked the killer out of his obsession perk by dying! Good job!"

    Dying light needed to be changed. It promoted a stupid playstyle, and it was unfun for a lot of people. But new dying light gives a massive buff to survivors for such a little benefit... and if the obsession dcs, it deactivates. There is no point to running the perk now. At least then there was cause to be concerned if you were the obsession...

  • I wish this forum had a downvote button.

  • @Hazerino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471446#Comment_1471446

    i said no whataboutisms, but if you'd like me to explain how these perks dont even remotely compare to these perks i mentioned on these specific killers, then i can

    adrenaline! five seconds use, five second speed boost AT ENDGAME. again. let me repeat that and break it down. a useless perk all game.

    deadhard! pretty annoying all admit but its so easy to counter and that perk barely works its a joke

    ds! slug. literally slug. or just dont tunnel. that easy. or! eat the ds and it's useless the rest of the game

    anything else?

    Dude Literally just said dont tunnel with ds or just eat it. 😐 this has to be a meme

1 2 3