No, I'm not sorry. I want to have fun too.

Rather I'm a returning player. I see a lot of people talking about how no one wants to play killer yet, when I queue as a killer i'm in queue for almost 15 minutes. I'm particularly bad at killer and I get lucky if I can even manage to get 1 kill.

My best killer is hillbilly but thats because hes super easy and the one shot plus mobility is awesome so I'm sad hes getting nerfed :(.

Not to mention I can camp the hook with the chainsaw.

And thats another thing, I used to never camp because I didnt like it as a survivor, but the problem is that if I'm going to wait 15 minutes for a game to get not a single kill, yeah thats not fun for me. I'll hit people and hook them but I wont get a kill and then everyone escapes.

Then when I didnt camp survivors would talk about how bad I was for not getting a kill but they do the same thing when I do camp.

So yes, I'm bad and if I manage to hook someone, I'm going to camp the hook until I get better playing as a killer. Its not fun for survivors but its also not fun to wait 15 minutes for a game and not be able to kill anyone and barely get bloodpoints compared to instantly getting into games as a survivor.

My ideal perk build for killer is

Hex: No one escapes Death

Hex: Haunted Ground

Make your Choice

Iron Maiden

The only one I have so far is No one escapes death, but as you can tell they are all perks so that I can oneshot and have a chance to hook and hopefully kill. Information perks dont work for me since I still have to hit them twice which is why I love playing Billy, Myers, and Ghostface.

So basically, I'm not sorry that I have to camp and I get more bloodpoints when I do since I get more for that one kill than I would by not camping and having everyone escape. And even if that werent the case I would still have to camp since its not fun to wait ages to get into a game have everyone escape and then have to wait even longer because the survivors wont leave.

I refuse to go to the exit gates since they just go there to taunt at the end and I dont want to give them the satisfaction.

I thought killer queue was only long because of the event but it turns out playing killer is actually pretty popular. It makes sense, because just like in an FPS way more people want to play damage than a healer.

I want to have fun, and its fun knowing that I killed someone no matter the tactic. Its not fun feeling useless and almost like im playing survivor myself.

Comments

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467355#Comment_1467355

    Well I could hack the game. You can piss off if you want to tell me that's wrong. I paid for the game right? Who gives a ######### about the experience others are having.

    sigh such an over the top response. No one said hack the game, I mean seriously its all the melodrama like this that leads to such a toxic community. Seriously aggressive responses intended to intimidate others into playing the game how you want them to play it. Such as calling people scrubs because they play it differently.

    There is no need to grief abuse cheat etc etc, just play the game.

    If you get chased for three to five minutes then camped you got 3-5 mins of quality game play and yet you're still complaining. Maybe you're getting camped because you got chased for 4 gens and the killer knows its over so might as well secure this one kill. That's legit, its not optimal but its legit.

    Understanding that I'm not responsible for your fun, just as you are not responsible for mine is different from not giving F about other people's experience. While being chased for those five minutes did you stop and think "this has gone on for a while I should stop and let this killer hook me so we can both have a positive game experience" Of course you didn't and nor should you. But expecting them to do the same for you really is silly.

    If you disagree great you're allowed to but I tell you the game experience will be crappy if you expect people to play your way all the time and then rage when they don't.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467902#Comment_1467902

    Exactly. Because its been successful for me.

    I've played a lot of survivor and just don't enjoy pressing m1 for ages.

    Like I said, I would have more time to play the killers and get better if my queue times arent 15 minutes + for a game as killer.

    I feel like i'm just on repeat at this point.

    It's been the best way to make games meaningful for me.

    You wait "15+ min" to sit at a hook and camp someone to death

    idk whats funnier, the idea of someone wasting their time like that, or that the person doing it is proud of it

  • I think this discussion highlights a particularly insidious problem with the community's perception of the Killer role; generally players expect that a killer player's number one priority is improving their skill as opposed to having fun.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174073/no-im-not-sorry-i-want-to-have-fun-too

    You will never get better by using a crutch like camping. All you are doing is ruining games for others and keeping yourself in garbage tier.

    My games are ruined when I wait 15 minutes for a match and dont get anything

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467784#Comment_1467784

    You don't want to lose after waiting 15 minutes for a game...seems over exaggerated but ok sure. Well I dont want to wait for a game only to get in one, then get chased for 3 to 5 minutes straight and be face camped by a scrub who lacks the skill to actually play the game.

    Then we are on the same page. You don't like it and neither do I and I'm not about to get better if I can't regularly practice. I dont exactly have hours and hours to spend to begin with so I usually can only get 1 or 2 killer games a day and I'm not about to waste them getting no kills.

  • @TheVVitch said:

    You said previously in this thread that you are now rank 8, so your queue times should no longer be 15 minutes. Green/Purple ranks are prime matchmaking ranks for killer queue times. If you still feel it takes too long, try playing during peak hours.

    With your queue times lower, what is your argument for continuing this strategy?

    You already manage to get 1 hook to camp, why not focus on doing that more and getting better with chases? I don't see how camping a hook is any fun or challenging at all after waiting in your supposedly 15 minute queues. Sounds like a complete waste of time and goes against your initial reasons for camping. If your reason that you started camping was to rank up to decrease your queue times, they should be significantly shorter by now. Continuing this skill-less playstyle will only be a detriment to your killer play in the long run. There's no gratification or proof of skill to be earned from this. Sure your rank is getting higher, but everyone including you knows that's not indicative of your actual skill as killer.

    I also recommend you play survivor to see learn how to win chases and also to see how terrible it is to encounter a killer wanting to only play the game their way by camping a hook.

    To understand and be good at this game, knowing how to play both sides is extremely beneficial.

    My queue times are still consistently at around 15 minutes.

    My queue times arent lower so I continue to use the strategy that the game rewards me for doing.

    I find a more complete waste of time to be not getting any kills in a game.

    I played a lot of survivor until I realized it wasnt really that much fun. I enjoy playing killer and feeling like I'm powerful. I'm currently in a position similar to the nurse before she went insane. Medical field and everything too ironically enough.

    But my queue times are still pretty long.

    I usually play at around 5 or 6 in the morning before work and maybe at 2 or 3am when i'm off duty or on call. So maybe my hours have something to do with it? I just assumed that there are people playing all over the world so my time is probably peak time for someone somewhere.

  • @AberrantPsychologist said:

    I think this discussion highlights a particularly insidious problem with the community's perception of the Killer role; generally players expect that a killer player's number one priority is improving their skill as opposed to having fun.

    Exactly this. I play to have fun, I'm not trying to be a streamer or professional esport player.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467909#Comment_1467909

    You wait "15+ min" to sit at a hook and camp someone to death

    idk whats funnier, the idea of someone wasting their time like that, or that the person doing it is proud of it

    I find it to be better than to waste 15 minutes and then not get a single kill at all.

    Its way more fun than feeling like I did nothing. I'm not exactly proud or ashamed of it, I'm just as the title says not particularly sorry for doing it. I wish I was better and didnt have to play like this, but with these queue times I can't exactly get lots of practice compared to when I play survivor and get games instantly.

  • Camping is a very effective strategy I get 4ks camping at rank one almost every game. You just have to know when the right time is to pull the proxy camp.


    Are they injured? How far are the gens? How many left? Is he struggle/death hook. Watch the survivor movements and location with bbq to make your plans. Leave the hook to use pop goes weasel then go back if they are slow to save. Watch hexy if you wanna know how to camp properly and still get a 4k.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468047#Comment_1468047

    My queue times are still consistently at around 15 minutes.

    My queue times arent lower so I continue to use the strategy that the game rewards me for doing.

    I find a more complete waste of time to be not getting any kills in a game.

    I played a lot of survivor until I realized it wasnt really that much fun. I enjoy playing killer and feeling like I'm powerful. I'm currently in a position similar to the nurse before she went insane. Medical field and everything too ironically enough.

    But my queue times are still pretty long.

    I usually play at around 5 or 6 in the morning before work and maybe at 2 or 3am when i'm off duty or on call. So maybe my hours have something to do with it? I just assumed that there are people playing all over the world so my time is probably peak time for someone somewhere.

    lmao 5 or 6am that is literally THE WORST time to queue for killer. That probably has a lot to do with it

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    It's great you had to rant but the harsh trust is you will never, never, get better as killer if you camp. The matchmaking is incredibly harsh right now but all that means is that you'll be getting better in chases against better players.

    Also, no offence, but your ideal build isn't too good. Sure there's perks that can one shot but its no use being able to do so if you can't find survivors (information builds) and slow the game (gen perks). Particularly you said you preferred to play one shot killers? Then there's no point using one shot perks as it's part of the base kit; you enhance strength with perks (like Nurses or I'm All Ears on Pyramid Head) or help cover weaknesses (like PWYF on Bubba helping his rather bad chase potential).

    Watch some videos on how to run tiles, watch people who play lots of killer (I suggest ZubatLEL and ScottJund for two very entertaining but also educational streamers. There's also Otzdava, NotOtzdava, and Fungoose.) and you'll learn and improve like that.

    The best way to improve is through playing, but camping won't ever improve your skills.

    Also as one last point; don't make the same mistake I did. Don't become reliant on NOED (No One Escapes Death) because when it doesn't activate you'll be ruined. You're much better off learning killer without it then putting it on, instead of learning with it then having to re-learn when you take it off.

    Yup, only way to learn is try new things. Clearly the method utilized by OP doesn’t net him kills.

  • Yea, no one cares. You are free to do whatever you want. Sure, go ahead and camp if it makes the game fun for you, no one is stopping you.

  • @Marigoria said:

    You say hillbilly is your favorite because he is super easy, and then you say you can't get a kill if you don't camp.

    Maybe billy is not that easy for you then. If he was easy you could get at least a kill per game without camping since he's one of the top killers (before nerf).

    He's easy because of the instadown. COmpared to playing another killer where I get no kills at all, billy is infinitely easier and better.

    In fact the devs know this given they are nerfing him on ptb and making it so I cant camp with the chainsaw fully charged anymore.

  • @TheVVitch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468152#Comment_1468152

    lmao 5 or 6am that is literally THE WORST time to queue for killer. That probably has a lot to do with it

    I see. Maybe thats the problem. Its the only time I have an hour to spare.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467282#Comment_1467282

    Yup, only way to learn is try new things. Clearly the method utilized by OP doesn’t net him kills.

    It nets me a kill which is more than my average of 0.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467958#Comment_1467958

    sigh such an over the top response. No one said hack the game, I mean seriously its all the melodrama like this that leads to such a toxic community. Seriously aggressive responses intended to intimidate others into playing the game how you want them to play it. Such as calling people scrubs because they play it differently.

    There is no need to grief abuse cheat etc etc, just play the game.

    If you get chased for three to five minutes then camped you got 3-5 mins of quality game play and yet you're still complaining. Maybe you're getting camped because you got chased for 4 gens and the killer knows its over so might as well secure this one kill. That's legit, its not optimal but its legit.

    Understanding that I'm not responsible for your fun, just as you are not responsible for mine is different from not giving F about other people's experience. While being chased for those five minutes did you stop and think "this has gone on for a while I should stop and let this killer hook me so we can both have a positive game experience" Of course you didn't and nor should you. But expecting them to do the same for you really is silly.

    If you disagree great you're allowed to but I tell you the game experience will be crappy if you expect people to play your way all the time and then rage when they don't.

    Camping ruins the games experience for others. I see no difference. Dont dictate how I play.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467964#Comment_1467964

    Then we are on the same page. You don't like it and neither do I and I'm not about to get better if I can't regularly practice. I dont exactly have hours and hours to spend to begin with so I usually can only get 1 or 2 killer games a day and I'm not about to waste them getting no kills.

    Use those 2 games a day to get better then instead of wasting them on a single kill. With practice you could be getting 4 while actually playing the game.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468111#Comment_1468111

    Exactly this. I play to have fun, I'm not trying to be a streamer or professional esport player.

    Then dont play a PVP game

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468135#Comment_1468135

    Use those 2 games a day to get better then instead of wasting them on a single kill. With practice you could be getting 4 while actually playing the game.

    I'd rather keep playing as I do until someday my queue times are lower and I can get real practice

  • No, I think I'm going to keep playing. I like this game and I dn't feel like I need to improve or get better just because its a PVP game. I play to have fun and enjoy myself at the end of the day, not to turn the game into another job.

  • @AberrantPsychologist said:

    I think this discussion highlights a particularly insidious problem with the community's perception of the Killer role; generally players expect that a killer player's number one priority is improving their skill as opposed to having fun.

    Problem is the way he goes about playing for "fun" is the complete opposite of fun. Idgaf if I lose, but if I go down after a long chase or because I felt like taking the aggro off a teammate I shouldn't then be face camped into another looby.that is horse #########. If you want to have fun over skill go play a PVE game.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468230#Comment_1468230

    No, I think I'm going to keep playing. I like this game and I dn't feel like I need to improve or get better just because its a PVP game. I play to have fun and enjoy myself at the end of the day, not to turn the game into another job.

    Well like I said, you ruin the game for others by doing this as well. And I'm sorry if I seem like I'm coming at you hard right now. Its not your fault but instead just very poor game design by the devs that creates a situation that is not fun for both sides and wastes everyones time.

  • @AberrantPsychologist said:

    I think this discussion highlights a particularly insidious problem with the community's perception of the Killer role; generally players expect that a killer player's number one priority is improving their skill as opposed to having fun.

    Oh no, it's more that you can have fun playing killer (I mean, I do quite frequently anyway) and not have to ruin 4 people's experience. Sure, you paid for the game, but so did they.

    Chances are if you're getting 1 kill per game, every game, you need to improve.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468240#Comment_1468240

    Well like I said, you ruin the game for others by doing this as well. And I'm sorry if I seem like I'm coming at you hard right now. Its not your fault but instead just very poor game design by the devs that creates a situation that is not fun for both sides and wastes everyones time.

    And like I said the game is ruined for me when I get no kills at all.

    And don't worry, I don't take anything anyone says here personally.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468059#Comment_1468059

    Camping ruins the games experience for others. I see no difference. Dont dictate how I play.

    I'm not dictating how you play, never have, never will. You think people wasted their time because they didn't play in a way you believe will improve them, maybe that's not the goal today, who are you to say.

    Your reply was " to not play a pvp game" if they don't want to do what you suggested. Their answer was no and to that I say good on them.

    The only behavioral suggestion I gave was play however you like but perhaps curb your expectations of other players. Because it seems like at the moment in your mind there is one way to play this game... your way, by your rules and everyone else is wrong.

    Well I'm sorry mate we all have bad games, we all get mori'd, we all get camped or tunneled, or gen rushed, looped, stunned, clicky clicked, butt danced or any of the other things people complain about. Shrug your shoulders and queue up again or take a break. Its just a game.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468206#Comment_1468206

    I'm not dictating how you play, never have, never will. You think people wasted their time because they didn't play in a way you believe will improve them, maybe that's not the goal today, who are you to say.

    Your reply was " to not play a pvp game" if they don't want to do what you suggested. Their answer was no and to that I say good on them.

    The only behavioral suggestion I gave was play however you like but perhaps curb your expectations of other players. Because it seems like at the moment in your mind there is one way to play this game... your way, by your rules and everyone else is wrong.

    Well I'm sorry mate we all have bad games, we all get mori'd, we all get camped or tunneled, or gen rushed, looped, stunned, clicky clicked, butt danced or any of the other things people complain about. Shrug your shoulders and queue up again or take a break. Its just a game.

    Yeah, people who do not care about the experience of others will abuse poor game design and game devs who do not want to fix design issues and release DLC instead will ignore those design issues because people will still play the game and still buy the DLC. Maybe I need to curb my expectations for this game and its playerbase. Apparently they were much too high. Thank you for the advice, I will massively lower my expectations and expect every game to be awful

  • If you're not cheating or trying to ruin other people's games then do whatever.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468282#Comment_1468282

    Yeah, people who do not care about the experience of others will abuse poor game design and game devs who do not want to fix design issues and release DLC instead will ignore those design issues because people will still play the game and still buy the DLC. Maybe I need to curb my expectations for this game and its playerbase. Apparently they were much too high. Thank you for the advice, I will massively lower my expectations and expect every game to be awful

    I mean most people dont have to camp as they are probably better than me. But yes, you should lower your expectations of people, not ure why anyone would have high expectations of human behaviour especially in a place where they are anonymous and the games asymmetrical design pervades a certain degree of animosity from both sides

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468246#Comment_1468246

    And like I said the game is ruined for me when I get no kills at all.

    And don't worry, I don't take anything anyone says here personally.

    i know this whole thread is bait and you just want attention you have been deprived of, but if ruining the game for others due to your own lack of skill is fun, I can’t imagine the kind of people who would play any game with you

    @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    If you're not cheating or trying to ruin other people's games then do whatever.

    he said he does it to ruin the game for survivors to feel better about only getting 1 kill

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468282#Comment_1468282

    Yeah, people who do not care about the experience of others will abuse poor game design and game devs who do not want to fix design issues and release DLC instead will ignore those design issues because people will still play the game and still buy the DLC. Maybe I need to curb my expectations for this game and its playerbase. Apparently they were much too high. Thank you for the advice, I will massively lower my expectations and expect every game to be awful

    If that's how you want to interpret the point I've made then so be it.

    Perhaps rather than curb your expectations I should say don't expect a particular playstyle from someone else as you will probably be disappointed.

    If you are not actively cheating or trying to grief people, abuse people or belittle people then play as you like.

    There will always be a mechanic that can be exploited in some way and the devs appear to be making changes to stuff for QOL of both survivors and killers, railing non-constructively at them doesn't seem very productive either.

    Lastly its not worth taking so seriously its a computer game.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468281#Comment_1468281

    i know this whole thread is bait and you just want attention you have been deprived of, but if ruining the game for others due to your own lack of skill is fun, I can’t imagine the kind of people who would play any game with you

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468304#Comment_1468304

    he said he does it to ruin the game for survivors to feel better about only getting 1 kill

    I mean by continuing to respond you keep giving me attention.

    I don't have fun getting nothing done after a 15 minute game.

    I don't camp to ruin anyones fun I do it to guarantee a kill so I have fun.

    The survivors arent just going to let me get a kill. SInce when do survivors care if the killer has fun? Not in any of my games.

    In fact survivors ruin my games when after I either open the gates for them or someone triggers the collapse by opening the gates, they don't leave and often wait until the last second to leave just so they can taunt. I can't even imagine playing killer before they added the EGC and thank god i only played survivor then.

    I'm not ut of my way to ruin anyone's fun. If I was I would just pick Wraith and find a corner to hide in and just let them finish the game. Theyll likely depip since they wont get any evader or altruism points.

  • You gotta run insidious and bubba if you're gonna camp.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468336#Comment_1468336

    I mean by continuing to respond you keep giving me attention.

    I don't have fun getting nothing done after a 15 minute game.

    I don't camp to ruin anyones fun I do it to guarantee a kill so I have fun.

    The survivors arent just going to let me get a kill. SInce when do survivors care if the killer has fun? Not in any of my games.

    this is last reply I’m giving you

    you clearly are either

    a. Just baiting for reply’s or

    b. Too lazy to learn how to play and if it’s the latter, you are better off playing a different game, maybe a single player game, Halo isn’t hard on Easy, just let the AI kill everything

    kinda surprised this thread hasn’t been closed, it’s pointless trying to discuss things with this guy

  • @pseudechis said:

    The fact that people feel the need to explain and apologize for playing a game really says a lot about the toxic response and expectation heaped on other players. You have nothing to say sorry for. Play the way you want to play and have fun.

    Holy #########! This. This is one of the real problems in our community that no one talks about.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468352#Comment_1468352

    this is last reply I’m giving you

    you clearly are either

    a. Just baiting for reply’s or

    b. Too lazy to learn how to play and if it’s the latter, you are better off playing a different game, maybe a single player game, Halo isn’t hard on Easy, just let the AI kill everything

    kinda surprised this thread hasn’t been closed, it’s pointless trying to discuss things with this guy

    If I'm baiting for replies, you're clearly falling for it and I can almost guarantee this isnt your last response on this thread since I can't imagine someone like you would let anyone else have the last word.

    ANd like I said, I like this game and would love to get better but for now with 15 minute queue times I'm not about to try and do that. I will continue to play the way that has actually been rewarding and given me more points than not getting any kills.

    Getting 1 kill even with the losing points by proximity is more than what I get if everyone escapes and its more fun and I feel like i did something.

    I mean we have been discussing but all your points so far have been to quit playing the game and just saying to get better so not really helpful.

    I've explained why I'm not going to do that and that I like playing how I am currently as I play for my own satisfaction and fun, not for anyone elses.

  • K, Play standing still simulator if you want and you find that fun

  • @grassdirtsky said:

    K, Play standing still simulator if you want and you find that fun

    I find it more fun that running around and not getting anything done and having everyone escape

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468403#Comment_1468403

    I find it more fun that running around and not getting anything done and having everyone escape

    Watch Otzdarva

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468294#Comment_1468294

    If that's how you want to interpret the point I've made then so be it.

    Perhaps rather than curb your expectations I should say don't expect a particular playstyle from someone else as you will probably be disappointed.

    If you are not actively cheating or trying to grief people, abuse people or belittle people then play as you like.

    There will always be a mechanic that can be exploited in some way and the devs appear to be making changes to stuff for QOL of both survivors and killers, railing non-constructively at them doesn't seem very productive either.

    Lastly its not worth taking so seriously its a computer game.

    A game I spent money on, a game that wastes my time. A game that has had these issues for four years. Where are those QOL changes?

  • Then try following his play style or advices, you won’t have to camp and will have more fun

  • For some reason I find this thread to be a low quality bait...

    Anyway. Everyone at rank 20 doesn't get a single kill and that's because you're learning how to play, my brother used to do the same, I encouraged him not to camp and now he manages to 1K or 2K, with many hook constantly and without camping, that's how you learn and by the way, if you're 15 mins waiting for a queue you can simply manage to do something else in the mean time, read a novel or so. Start baking, write your own novel, practicing programming, do some push ups and sit ups (15 mins looks like nothing but if you have 3 matches that means almost one hour doing push ups and sit ups). You know, something productive so you're not wasting your time watching a screen saying "Waiting for match".

    At the end of the day is up to you however you want to play or however you want to use your time but I do believe you're better than that, that you're better than saying "Ok, I will just give up" but giving up or choose to try your all and being better it's up to you, no one can make you magically better. It's a road that you need to travel by yourself and no one can travel it for you.

  • Stop treating kills as your win condition. Instead, focus on something else as your objective.

    Focus on getting as many hooks as you can, or as many downs, or on keeping the gens unrepaired for as long as you can, or just on trying to minimize the time you spend at each loop in a chase. These are things that will earn you more points, they will actually help you improve your gameplay, and they'll be more entertaining to get good at.

    Camping for a kill doesn't have any challenge, there's no skill involved, and it's garbage for points. It might be more satisfying than just letting them go, but you'll get bored of that. If you focus on something else as your objective and don't get any kills, it doesn't matter, you're playing for your own objective. If you keep that in mind, you'll have much more fun in games where you get no kills than games where you get them from facecamping.

    When I first started, I was garbage. I would have long ass queue times for matches where I wouldn't get any kills. But it didn't matter because I wasn't playing for kills, I was playing for hits, and every match where I got some hits was a victory. I got better at getting hits and I started getting hooks, and then I started getting kills, and now I get plenty of kills, even if I hook everyone twice before anyone dies. I guarantee you that's the same way otzdarva and other top players began with the game and began improving, and that's the reason they're as good as they are.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468111#Comment_1468111

    Oh no, it's more that you can have fun playing killer (I mean, I do quite frequently anyway) and not have to ruin 4 people's experience. Sure, you paid for the game, but so did they.

    Chances are if you're getting 1 kill per game, every game, you need to improve.

    I wholeheartedly agree*; and, with that said, my point is further reinforced by your statement. You insist he must improve instead of acknowledging and accepting that his personal priority is having fun.

    *He does not need to improve, however it may be best if he did.

  • @AberrantPsychologist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468261#Comment_1468261

    I wholeheartedly agree*; and, with that said, my point is further reinforced by your statement. You insist he must improve instead of acknowledging and accepting that his personal priority is having fun.

    *He does not need to improve, however it may be best if he did.

    Ah I see what you mean.

    Then let me be clearer about what I mean; to have more fun playing this game, and to play in a way fun for the opposition as well, op must improve. If they find getting their singular kill fun the all power to them go right ahead, but by employing scummy tactics they lost all right to complain about other scummy tactics that could occur in game, and is also not exactly a good killer. I feel like op would have a better experience if they got better at the game, hence why I kept saying "need".

    Like if a survivor died within the first 5 minute of a match because they can't hide or loop, instead of blaming the game or the killer they need to improve to have fun.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468823#Comment_1468823

    Ah I see what you mean.

    Then let me be clearer about what I mean; to have more fun playing this game, and to play in a way fun for the opposition as well, op must improve. If they find getting their singular kill fun the all power to them go right ahead, but by employing scummy tactics they lost all right to complain about other scummy tactics that could occur in game, and is also not exactly a good killer. I feel like op would have a better experience if they got better at the game, hence why I kept saying "need".

    Like if a survivor died within the first 5 minute of a match because they can't hide or loop, instead of blaming the game or the killer they need to improve to have fun.

    100% agree.

  • Oh look, our camper killer is mad.

    You can play how you want, HOWEVER dont come to the forums crying when you get smart survivors that know how to counter camping and outplay you.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467902#Comment_1467902

    Exactly. Because its been successful for me.

    I've played a lot of survivor and just don't enjoy pressing m1 for ages.

    Like I said, I would have more time to play the killers and get better if my queue times arent 15 minutes + for a game as killer.

    I feel like i'm just on repeat at this point.

    It's been the best way to make games meaningful for me.

    Wanna know why your queue times as killer are long? For people like you.

    YOU destroy low ranks survivor game experience by camping, which means they will unistall = longer queue for killers.

  • I mean... if you're not interested in improving your skill, you should be fine with just playing this game as you are now - try and catch one survivor, stand in front of him, repeat. But since you had to get it off of your chest i'm guessing you're not completely fine with it, and even tho you say you do have fun knowing one person dies, you sound... i dunno, frustrated? I'd recommend putting the efford in getting better, cuz when you're just gonna climb up in rank, not skill, it's only gonna get harder and way less fun. But you don't wanna do that, so i honestly don't know why are you here or how to help you. Sorry.

  • I just don't understand the perk choices. Why haunted ground when you have noed? When the gates are powered and they look for your hex, if they mistakenly cleanse haunted, it doesn't matter they r already one shot-able. Personally when I run haunted I go full hex, Devour Hope, Thrill of the hunt, Haunted ground, and the new one Gunslinger brought to reveal auras when a hex is clensed. This makes all 5 totems start as hexes, which means someone will almost definitely spawn near one, they will almost definitely start to clense it, and be pinned by thrill for me to immediately start chasing. If they cleanse a haunted and leave totems alone then they get devour hoped, and if they target the hexes then I target them with thrill.

    Also I agree camping won't make you better, you don't learn anything new by sitting in front of a hook, but if that's what makes you happy, keep camping my dude, but please change your perks a little.

1 2 3