No, I'm not sorry. I want to have fun too.

Rather I'm a returning player. I see a lot of people talking about how no one wants to play killer yet, when I queue as a killer i'm in queue for almost 15 minutes. I'm particularly bad at killer and I get lucky if I can even manage to get 1 kill.

My best killer is hillbilly but thats because hes super easy and the one shot plus mobility is awesome so I'm sad hes getting nerfed :(.

Not to mention I can camp the hook with the chainsaw.

And thats another thing, I used to never camp because I didnt like it as a survivor, but the problem is that if I'm going to wait 15 minutes for a game to get not a single kill, yeah thats not fun for me. I'll hit people and hook them but I wont get a kill and then everyone escapes.

Then when I didnt camp survivors would talk about how bad I was for not getting a kill but they do the same thing when I do camp.

So yes, I'm bad and if I manage to hook someone, I'm going to camp the hook until I get better playing as a killer. Its not fun for survivors but its also not fun to wait 15 minutes for a game and not be able to kill anyone and barely get bloodpoints compared to instantly getting into games as a survivor.

My ideal perk build for killer is

Hex: No one escapes Death

Hex: Haunted Ground

Make your Choice

Iron Maiden

The only one I have so far is No one escapes death, but as you can tell they are all perks so that I can oneshot and have a chance to hook and hopefully kill. Information perks dont work for me since I still have to hit them twice which is why I love playing Billy, Myers, and Ghostface.

So basically, I'm not sorry that I have to camp and I get more bloodpoints when I do since I get more for that one kill than I would by not camping and having everyone escape. And even if that werent the case I would still have to camp since its not fun to wait ages to get into a game have everyone escape and then have to wait even longer because the survivors wont leave.

I refuse to go to the exit gates since they just go there to taunt at the end and I dont want to give them the satisfaction.

I thought killer queue was only long because of the event but it turns out playing killer is actually pretty popular. It makes sense, because just like in an FPS way more people want to play damage than a healer.

I want to have fun, and its fun knowing that I killed someone no matter the tactic. Its not fun feeling useless and almost like im playing survivor myself.

Comments

  • Did you wait 15 minutes to just camp the survivors? Very interesting

  • 4 1-hit-down perks on a killer with 1-hit-downs built in. All that's saying is that you're TERRIBLE with the chainsaw.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468823#Comment_1468823

    Ah I see what you mean.

    Then let me be clearer about what I mean; to have more fun playing this game, and to play in a way fun for the opposition as well, op must improve. If they find getting their singular kill fun the all power to them go right ahead, but by employing scummy tactics they lost all right to complain about other scummy tactics that could occur in game, and is also not exactly a good killer. I feel like op would have a better experience if they got better at the game, hence why I kept saying "need".

    Like if a survivor died within the first 5 minute of a match because they can't hide or loop, instead of blaming the game or the killer they need to improve to have fun.

    I don't have the time to improve seeing as how my matches tend to take longer than 15 minutes to get into. If queue times were lower, I would probably dedicate the time to it.

  • @Khakuate said:

    Oh look, our camper killer is mad.

    You can play how you want, HOWEVER dont come to the forums crying when you get smart survivors that know how to counter camping and outplay you.

    Ever since I started camping I havent had any game where I dont get atleast 1 kill and it feels amazing. It only makes me feel so bad about how many games i wasted and got no kills at all.

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467909#Comment_1467909

    Wanna know why your queue times as killer are long? For people like you.

    YOU destroy low ranks survivor game experience by camping, which means they will unistall = longer queue for killers.

    Well when I didnt camp the queue times were just as long. Now that I camp, I atleast get a kill out of a game. Its a cycle in that sense because my long queue times cause me to have to play this way and if that makes more people not play and queue times increase more then that just forces me to have to camp even more.

  • @Redhammer03 said:

    I just don't understand the perk choices. Why haunted ground when you have noed? When the gates are powered and they look for your hex, if they mistakenly cleanse haunted, it doesn't matter they r already one shot-able. Personally when I run haunted I go full hex, Devour Hope, Thrill of the hunt, Haunted ground, and the new one Gunslinger brought to reveal auras when a hex is clensed. This makes all 5 totems start as hexes, which means someone will almost definitely spawn near one, they will almost definitely start to clense it, and be pinned by thrill for me to immediately start chasing. If they cleanse a haunted and leave totems alone then they get devour hoped, and if they target the hexes then I target them with thrill.

    Also I agree camping won't make you better, you don't learn anything new by sitting in front of a hook, but if that's what makes you happy, keep camping my dude, but please change your perks a little.

    Just so that in case someone cleanses it I can one shot down someone.

    It doesnt make me happy to camp, the outcome is what makes me happy. If i could kill without having to camp I certainly would but as people keep saying im not good and with 15 minute or longer queues im not in the position to attempt to improve, i just want to make my games mean something and getting that 1 kill is very fulfilling.

  • @Alify said:

    Did you wait 15 minutes to just camp the survivors? Very interesting

    No, I waited 15 minutes to get a kill.

    Prior to camping I would wait 15 minutes to get nothing.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    4 1-hit-down perks on a killer with 1-hit-downs built in. All that's saying is that you're TERRIBLE with the chainsaw.

    Pretty much. I only pick Billy so that I can keep the chainsaw revved up in case someone trys to save and I can one hit down them.

    The fact that I'm terrible is exactly why I have to camp, otherwise the survivors just get a free game.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468863#Comment_1468863

    Well when I didnt camp the queue times were just as long. Now that I camp, I atleast get a kill out of a game. Its a cycle in that sense because my long queue times cause me to have to play this way and if that makes more people not play and queue times increase more then that just forces me to have to camp even more.

    Queue are like that cause there's a lot of killers like you in low ranks, and that's really frustating for survivor, so they unistall which means your queue will increase even more, and then you will face rank 1 survivors and will get 0 kills, cause they're smart WHICH means you're going to be frustated.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468833#Comment_1468833

    I don't have the time to improve seeing as how my matches tend to take longer than 15 minutes to get into. If queue times were lower, I would probably dedicate the time to it.

    No matter how long your queues are you can still play to improve.

    It's your own unwillingness to learn that's holding you back.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468839#Comment_1468839

    Ever since I started camping I havent had any game where I dont get atleast 1 kill and it feels amazing. It only makes me feel so bad about how many games i wasted and got no kills at all.

    As I said, dont complain when you get smart survivors or toxic bully squads, you dont have any rights to complain, but if you like to camp? do it, it isn't against the rules

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470322#Comment_1470322

    Queue are like that cause there's a lot of killers like you in low ranks, and that's really frustating for survivor, so they unistall which means your queue will increase even more, and then you will face rank 1 survivors and will get 0 kills, cause they're smart WHICH means you're going to be frustated.

    Meh, I get more frustrated not getting any kills so I'll take 1 kill.


    @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470319#Comment_1470319

    As I said, dont complain when you get smart survivors or toxic bully squads, you dont have any rights to complain, but if you like to camp? do it, it isn't against the rules

    I havent gotten any since I don't really get to witness it. As I said, I only need one down and then i camp on the hook with Billy's chainsaw fully powered so they cant come close.

    I don't like to camp, i just dislike getting no kills. And camping has been rewarding for me and the game as well.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470315#Comment_1470315

    No matter how long your queues are you can still play to improve.

    It's your own unwillingness to learn that's holding you back.

    If I ever get lower queue times ill focus on getting better.

    I wasted almost 100 hours trying to get better and never got any kills in games i played.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470348#Comment_1470348

    If I ever get lower queue times ill focus on getting better.

    I wasted almost 100 hours trying to get better and never got any kills in games i played.

    And again that just seems like your lack of want to improve so you can get kills without needing to camp.

  • I'm a rank 20 killer because i don't play killer much, i don't see the fun in hunting people and killing them at all..i only enjoy killing in video games when i'm after bad people (story based only) and i still get 4k without camping or tunneling. i'm not bragging i'm just saying you don't try based on what you said. you'll never get better and deep down you know you don't enjoy getting a kill by playing that way and not earning it.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470831#Comment_1470831

    And again that just seems like your lack of want to improve so you can get kills without needing to camp.

    If I get queue times for killer as fast as those for survivor then ill care about getting better. For now, I just want to have fun and not feel like i wasted my time.

    I don't have much more than maybe 4 hours a day outside of my job as I'm on call so its not something I'm keen on doing when I can only get in maybe 2 or 3 games in.

    I already wasted hundreds of hours when I had the time and no strategy has helped me better than camping and the game has rewarded me for it. I went up to rank 8 from rank 20 when I started camping so i have gotten better in a way. Getting from 0 kills a game to 1 kill a game is a huge improvement for me.

1 2 3 ›