Should nurse have a nerf?
I have all killers, and with difference I think nurse is the most powerful. I started a match in rank 8 with her, and with almost 3 minutes of match, all survivors were down. I think she should have just one blink and after she has a long chase with a survivor or getting bloodlust, then gets the second blink.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
@SovererignKing Yeah AD under those circumstances is broken and I've had games where someone did nothing but cree around and avoid gens or anywhere near gens.
I've had games where i've done the same thing but not because i'm trying to do nothing but because i'm totem hunting. It's like hey i'll move towards that gens sneakily, well it just popped. Now onto next one that's close doh that one too.
Then you've got ppl running around in plain sight and your on side of map with no gens left to do and you know the NOED totem is out there and the other 3 are popping gens left and right. Think Autohaven any as a perfect example of all gens on 1 side being done.
I'd like to see if it'd be possible for ad to have a minimum requirement as in you've got to do x things to activate it to be available. For instance you'd have to participate in at least 1 gen completion say 20% progress minimum along with say 1 totem cleansed. You could do gen completion % with say 1 unhook or some altruistic etc.
Check out the official tournament or the marth depip squad experiment
@Mycroft I enjoy a good nurse since it becomes a mind game and who can outthink the other. I don't enjoy nor am I good at the endless looping around say sac tree. But a 4-5 blink nurse means it's not about mind games at all, but about how log you can last before you get downed.
A 4-5 blink nurse is like a endless looper using ds after they finally get downed. It's a crutch for not being good and playing better. As you killer mains like to say about ds and as @SovererignKing as well as others have said. It's like training wheels and gets used as a crutch for bad play.
When a really skilled nurse uses 4-5 blinks it's completely broken unless you get a really good rng map. Throw in a controller using really good nurse and you're usually downed within 10-15 seconds. I don't try and bully the killers since it's not my style and not how the game is supposed to be played.
Oh sure I'll try and drop a pallet on them so I can try and sneak off after a los blocker but I'm not going to sit there and tea bag them after a pallet slam or window vault either. If you have to rely on 4-5 extra blinks then to use your own term you need to git gud.
This isn't about nerfing the nurse but bringing her to a better place since with the removal of those 2 extra blinks and giving her a base 2 blink she becomes better off. Because now you can introduce some new addons and or tweak existing ones.
You could add say reduced fatigue by 0.5 seconds and stacks or not as a new addon with another power say blink extended range by 10 meters when fully charged. There's lots of ways to add new stuff for her while also removing something completely broken.
As far as survivors destroying nurses at rank 20, that's disingenuous to use that since a brand new nurse at rank 20 is going to get destroyed plain and simple. But throw in a experienced killer playing her and she gets 4k every game with may'be 1 gen done if they're lucky.
Definitely not. The Nurse needs to stay how she is, at least from my experience playing her and against her
The Nurse is balanced? I agree.
She is balanced because it takes 50 hours of game time to get good with her. And if you commit 50 hours of playtime to dead by daylight with the nurse you deserve to 4k every game Kappa
This most really good Nurse players have at least 400 hours on her and play her pretty regularly. I'm not really good with her and know for a fact if i stop playing for a few days I'm like a brand new player on her.
My bad, I was thinking of killers currently live in game, at the time she wasn't live and isn't live still, but yes you are correct
The real question is who is harder to face: Nurse or Doctor.. Perks are up to you to choose and if you struggle against doctor more than run perks against doctor cause apparently doctor would be harder than nurse for that individual person. Vice versa for nurse, if the person struggles more against nurses than run perks to help against her if you encounter her.
Well therein lies the problem, you don't know who you're going up against before hand, if you did you could run the best perks that you like.
He still managed to not die the whole trial, so yea he deserves to have his Adren proc. And you walk out with more points and probably a pip, where he most likely will get a safety, MAYBE a pip if he is lucky. Death as a survivor =/= loss every game. If you pip, that's a win no matter what happens. My NM build is proof of that, I can easily pip and be the first one dead because I play for points and know how to rank up. I even let the killer kill me and still pip. Conversely, you can escape as a survivor and not pip if you play like how this Dwight supposedly did (if he didn't do gens, make saves, or get chased he's not going to pip).
Your questions are very loaded to make Adren seem broken BTW. Adren isn't something meant to punish failure, it's meant to reward success, you have it backwards. I run the perk a lot and it will proc about 1/4 games, but most of the time I'm not injured nor am I being chased. The rest of the games I don't get to endgame, either because I die or it's a hatch game. Of those games where it does procs, it would be maybe another 1/4 where it saves me during a chase. It sucks to face as killer, because you always see that guy's 1/4 of 1/4 of those games, but it sucks as survivor to get hit by something like Devour Hope in the same way. When you see that Exposed icon, it can totally change the flow of the game and completely shut you down as a survivor especially if you are the unlucky one to get hit first.
Not actually valid because in both cases, survivors are playing to escape and nothing else. If you do that you don't pip, which is what defines a win/loss in this game. If all you ever do is gens and escape, then you need to do 2 whole gens by yourself and a third mostly by yourself, and escape without going down, AND no one can die on a hook. If 1 person gets hooked and dies, like how a lot of Depip Squad games would end (as they would just leave) they lose their bronze Benevolence and won't get a pip. This is besides the fact it is mathematically impossible for you to get that pip in the first place if all the other survivors do gens like you do. At best, 1 player will pip and the rest depip. If they share properly, the best they can all hope for is a safety pip.
I run into 3-5 blink nurses at ranks 1-5 quite often and if the nurse can hit you within the 1st 2 blinks pretty regularly then they don't need the extra 2-3. I'm not looking to backdoor nerf her at all, if i want her nerfed into the ground i'll say it flat out.
Similar to my statements on SC, SB and DS and how they needed adjusting. If you know how to 2 blink and have 1 extra one that's one thing but 4-5 blinks is just plain stupid. I mean given how game ignoring she is mechanic wise. Who cares if she has longer fatigue since she's got her people down rather quickly still.
It's like a Billy with no cd on chainsaw and charging across the map at full speed and oh give him super steering while you're at it. (slight exaggeration there but the point is there)
You could also say Adrenaline rewards failure on the Survivors part by being found and hit. Not to mention the free Sprint Burst it gives. Even if you’re not injured.
The difference between NOED and Adren is that Adren rewards success, while NOED rewards failure. You don't have to do anything to proc NOED, just sit and wait if you really want to. You have to at least do SOMETHING to proc Adren, whether that's not get found until gens are done (which would likely mean it doesn't even do anything anyway since you shouldn't be on a hook or anything if you were successful until this point), or doing gens yourself. Adren is also a one time thing, where NOED lasts as long as the totem is active. That could be 0 hits, that could be 4 hits. NOED is also always useful when it does proc, unlike Adren which will only be useful a fraction of the time where it procs. There are a lot of differences.
First doing this is not a way to get gens done. Chances are most games where you do this gens won't get done. You have to actually participate a little bit if you want to get them all done.
Second, it's not useful if it procs when killer is nowhere near. Oh wow, you ran a little faster for 5 seconds to get to an exit gate. Not really something that's going to make a difference. But being injured and chased, THAT is when it matters, but things don't always play out like that. The number of times it never procs or procs in a pointless manner is greater than the number of times it will proc in a useful manner. But as killer you don't see those time it procs in a pointless manner, you only see the times it's useful with a x4 greater chance to see it just because of your perspective of the events in the game.
There's no meme here. I 100% mean every single word.
Hell no, Nurse is hard as hell. If you're good with her, just take the skill you have and profit, welcome to the 1%. If you were to count the actual number of great nurse players vs nurses who are complete trash. Id wager the trash players outnumber the great players. I'd say 90% of nurse players are terrible at it, at any given time she is picked up. 10% of the people who pick her up at any given time can actually get a single kill.....its that bad.
Nerf looping nerf nurse simple.
I've seen so many comments from so many players, but i think maybe only 3 or 4 of them really know how to use nurse in a competitive way.
I know, i've used her for only 300 hours, i'm not a "nurse master" yet, but maybe i know something about her and her power.
I've read somewhere someone saing "used in right hands it's OP";
Right. Totally true.
But from "used in right hands it's OP" to "Devs have to nerf her" there's a lot of difference.
The Huntress, Hillbilly if used in right hands could be devastating too; even a good Myers or Clown could give lots of problem to survivors.
So with this logic they've to nerf half of killers only because "in right hands they could be too strong?"
Man if you agree with that you probably have never known the meaning of "skill".
Now second claim: "4th and 5th blink are broken"
Here i have to agree; it's not impossible to win against, but i admit it's very difficult, maybe like the one-shots hatchets before the nerf.
Increasing the malus of those add-ons could be good, for example adding to the green add-on that gives 1 more blink and the violet one a reduction of blink range (for the violet a major reduction of range).
Before clicking the button "dislike" while destroying the mouse, imagine: the only way to get 5 blinks would be using the green (or the brown) and violet add-on, but now it would have not one, but three range malus; quite the same to obtain 4 blinks.
I think it's a good solution; in this way you can always obtain 4 or 5 blinks, but it's a way more difficult to win with than now,.
I'm not going to answer to the little part of players who says that "nurse must have only 1 blink without add-on", because it's ridicolous, and i think everyone can agree with me. The only tip i can give to you (person who agree with that) it's to play a bit with the nurse, because i think you've never used her.
Uh sorry, now i'm noticing that doesn't exist a "dislike" button lol
As I said 2 blinks base no addons needed with 1 additional blink addon either rare or ultra rare. But then rework some of her other addons and perhaps introduce new ones.
As for @Dabrownman1812 I've played 3,4,5 blink nurse and so I now the difference and even at my limited skill level. If I play with 4-5 blinks I don't need skill because i can just rely on the crutch of those blinks in fast succession.
Yes the fatigue is longer but it doesn't matter since I can get a hit in usually and with Stridor /Nurses/Bloodhound etc they're going down quickly. 4-5 blinks is like ds, it's a crutch and complete training wheels.
All it does is reward bad gameplay and keep that person from actually getting better. The same is true of camping, oh sure you'll get that 1 kill guaranteed but 5 gens pop and 3 get out. Now you'llg t more of course is ppl don't punish you.
If claudete ninja P3 EXIST....why not NURSE? both are OP.
If you want to win all the time...practice with them....
if you wanna get FUN... play with another.. SIMPLE!
Nurse if fine, she is a high skill high reward killer, you can't just play Nurse for the first time and expect to become a killing machine, she needs practise and patience. Like with any game, put in enough time and you should be rewarded, which I feel the Nurse gives you.
Omg your hole post is so funny. Seriously, I'm impressed. So you want to make her blind while she blinks then blindly hit then be blind by the fatigue. Then I propose you something, what if survivors can't run for more than 30s then they have to take a break because you introduce the stamina. You can drop pallet but can't move for few secs to take your breath back
That's how your post sound just switching sides. Funny right? Nobody can seriously thinking to do that
Movement needs to be unpredictable break line of sight with nurse constantly move in directions away fron pallets nurses expect you to do that. Never ever vault a window or drop a pallet it is a free hit for a decent nurse. Never ever let your movement become predictable force a nurse to guess at times when you have enough distance ti walk. Contrilling your scratch marks by walking around areas that have two directions. This forces the nurse to guess the direction you went.
Obstructions like trees and small walls make blinking as a nurse hard hug these obstacles to ness up a nurses blinks when caught in the open.
Perks like iron will are amazing for helping you lose killers in general always be packing an iron will in red ranks.
Dead hard is a great perk in general but against a nurse its a free dodge don't underestimate its power in any build.
If you have a problem with nurse then play on PS4 lmao