Spine Chill Balance?

Spine chill completely counters stealth killers and I think that shouldn’t be a thing. What’s your opinion?

Comments

  • I'll clarify my nerf:

    It's actually nothing to do with the stealth part; moreover the small percentage boost to some actions. I'd just get rid of that, but keep the detection as is.

    I'd then move that percentage boost over to Premonition, so you gain a certain amount of time with that boost. This adds something over the cooldown it suffers.

    So basically, just a shifty around. But the detection feels fine to me.

  • Leave Spine Chill alone and buff Premonition.

  • @wisdomwielder said:

    This is not lore

    Yeah, I just realized that. Sorry

  • They should leave it as it is, but buff stealth killers to be truly Undetectable... Like old Tier I Myers used to be.

  • If people want to take spine chill to help against stealth killers they should be able to, the same way you can take IW for Spirit and Calm Spirit for Doc or Infectious users ect. I don't believe making the perk completely worthless when a stealth killer is involved is a good idea as long as we don't know what killer we are going to face (and we never should imo). It was one of the most annoying things about Myers back in the day, just him existing made your perk worthless.

    If you think they are running spine chill approach the area backwards.

  • I think it completely kills the horror atmosphere of the game when I use it. Also it should not detect undetectable killers.

  • Nerf it by Undetectable not trigger it, or make it only work after a certain number of seconds against a stealth killer. It's just so annoying as Wraith in particular whenever somebody's running spine chill. I'm also currently addicted to this perk and need a reason to get off it's high.

  • It should be given a better percentage boost i think. When it comes to stealth, I think it's the only thing balancing from letting the killer 100% sneak up on you and grab you. I have seen players completely milk the undetectable statuses through perks and tier 1 MM and it makes it really unnerving and hard to get gens fixed or even make your way thru the match


    If your a stealth killer, you should be skilled enough to work around it. It doesn't give off exactly location just lets them know your looking in their direction and close by

  • I'm not really sure why it has the action boost, but I don't think it's over powered. It takes up a perk slot, when you could get a non stealth killer. Stealth killers would be far too powerful if this perk did not exist. Except for wraith, because he has to uncloak before attacking. This perk is non directional as well. You just know the killer is looking in your direction, not from where. Not everyone runs this perk either. I see most sweaty survivors running unbreak a Bill, DS, SB, and Iron Will.

  • Honestly it breaks the 3 stealth killers and basically makes you play the game on easy mode because as soon as it lights up you can start running or just hide and play immersed 10 minutes in advance before the killer even makes it over to your area.

    On top of that it has the passive up vaulting things faster which is extremely strong especially when combined with resilience

  • @bjorksnas said:

    Honestly it breaks the 3 stealth killers and basically makes you play the game on easy mode because as soon as it lights up you can start running or just hide and play immersed 10 minutes in advance before the killer even makes it over to your area.

    On top of that it has the passive up vaulting things faster which is extremely strong especially when combined with resilience

    It's not strong at all the vault build became popular because killers hit you even when you take steps so dont come here talking that bull #########.

  • It shouldn't detect undetectable killers, plain and simple. It's a very powerful perk, and never allows the killer to get the element of surprise, which is very important.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1454736#Comment_1454736

    It's not strong at all the vault build became popular because killers hit you even when you take steps so dont come here talking that bull #########.

    The vault part isnt stupidly strong the strong part is it has the vault part on top of being a busted detection perk

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1454756#Comment_1454756

    The vault part isnt stupidly strong the strong part is it has the vault part on top of being a busted detection perk

    Not busted what's busted is iri head but thayd in the game tho right!?

  • I feel that it completely kills the stealth of some killers and ruins the immersion.

  • That's Spine Chill's main purpose. To counter stealth abilities. It's fine.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Leave Spine Chill alone and buff Premonition.

    yes

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1454776#Comment_1454776

    Not busted what's busted is iri head but thayd in the game tho right!?

    You literally went your problem doesnt exist because my problem exists ######### man this thread is about spinechill not iri head

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1454828#Comment_1454828

    You literally went your problem doesnt exist because my problem exists ######### man this thread is about spinechill not iri head

    It was a joke but my point remains spine chill is far from busted.

  • I think it mayhaps should lose the "trumps all stealth abilities" stipulation. It's a perk that is really debilitating to Stealth killers and Stealth killers only rather than top tier killers like Nurse, Huntress, Hillbilly, etc. so I don't think the change is completely unwarranted.

    For the most part it's fine though.

  • Spine chill has false positives. and it's not like you can see where the killer is, so I think it is pretty balanced.

  • To be completely impartial: I'm not sure.

    It's my favourite survivor perk because it's so strong and beneficial.

    If I haven't got it equipped, it leaves a real hole in my arsenal...and yes that does sound dodgy.

  • I like this perk a lot.

  • I saw someone on the forums recently say it be reduced detection on Killers with Undetectable. Like, Ghostface with an active Shroud triggers Spine Chill at 26 meters instead of 36 meters. I think something like this would be a good change to Spine Chill for stealth Killers. Maybe an even range like 12 or 16 meters, but it shouldn't give Survivors that much time to react to a stealth Killer.

  • The efficiency bonus could be gotten rid of, but its killer detection is fine. Killers can counter Spine Chill by moonwalking.

  • Fix Ghostface busted reveal mechanic first.