Why does everyone complain about second chance perks?

Imo there not even that strong.

I'd much rather run ironwill, we'll make it, spine chill, and empathy then ds, bt, ub, and adrenaline

There a bit frustrating to go against as killer but not that hard to counter

(Not a survivor main btw)

save_11.png


Comments

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1433403#Comment_1433403

    You clearly misunderstood what I was saying about that. You slug them with infectious fright and you’re essentially using that guy as a way of giving you another target to chase. As long as you stay on someone constantly, survivors never win. They will never win. That’s why I say second chance perks absolutely have a place in the game. And good killers work around them too easily to where they are almost useless. Survivors need better perks that protect THEMSELVES. Most are all coop perks which is great! But usually the game becomes very sad to play when you’re constantly getting pummeled and left behind and there’s nothing you can do about it. It happens on solo and it happens when the killer camps you. Killers don’t deserve to get rewarded by camping. That’s not what you’re supposed to do! By all means go ahead, but NEVER would I reward anyone in a game I create for camping. Not ever. I’m not talking about points. Survivors should be able to defend themselves better without having to WORK for it first. THATS the whole point of a PERK! Killers have unlimited uses on their add ons and perks. Survivors have limited uses. Yet people still complain about survivors even having limited use perks? That’s really sad.

    Why not just stream some killer gameplay? Preferably high rank but I mean...

    It's so easy why not play it?

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1433284#Comment_1433284

    Lets be honest, camping, slugging, and tunneling wouldn't be so prominent if gen times weren't still too fast, if SWF wasn't so broken (3-4 man), if survivors didn't get so many second chance perks that can be stacked upon each other, nerfing Hex: Ruin while knowing gen times were short, and when top tier killer keeps getting a basekit nerf instead of buffing low and mid tier killers to at least A tier.

    So lets be real, all the scenarios that include camping and tunneling wouldn't have happened if the killer role wasn't as stressful, and if some survivors bothered to actually learn the game, instead asking any balanced killer or perk, cough cough Hex: Ruin, Basekit Nurse, and now Billy cough cough, to be nerfed.

    I understand gen rush problem or lets say if the killer tunnel when theres 0 or 2 gens left with all 4 survivors still alive it maybe understandable for me. But tunneling when theres 4-5 gens left, Sometimes even Hex: Ruin still exist in the match, There is no excuse for this.

  • The majority of them are too rewarding for very little effort. When they are stacked it is non stop feels bad moments.

  • my main issue is that they punish the killer for playing around them. Someone who sucks at looping but has DS, well, if I target you because you're in my line of sight a little too early, not to mention if you're one of two of the same Nancy skin in the lobby, the only way for me to not waste my time is to figure out youre the Nancy I hooked and let you go, which loses me time, or ear your ds, which loses me time, or slug you and wait, allowing you to use UB or get healed, literally any counter to the perk, when its active, punishes the killer. And it shouldnt be that way. BT isn't bad, I don't gk for the unhooked surv right away. But if you get saved, I hook another surv, and find you again? Sorry, but I wasnt tunneling, I don't have a ton of momentum or pressure, you shouldn't be given a second chance. BT is just "hwy you can't get downed off the hook" and half of the time, when I see it, im running STBFL and I can just say "hey free stax thx" and move on. Unbreakable, for that endgame slug off, yeah, its not too annoying, i think its about necessary. But DS just makes me angry, and Dead Hard needs to be looked at for sure, because at the end of the day, it really is an "oh crap" button press to undo a mistake you made, and thats not fair. If im chasing you for a minute, and finally get you in a position to go down, you shouldn't be able to use DH. There should be some form of mitigation for it, like a timegate. If you're chased for X amount of seconds, it cannot be used, kinda deal, or give it a token use and make it usable anytime. That way at least once you do it once or twice, youre stuck, and allows counter play. "Oh ive been chasing you for too long, you wasted one of your DH, ill see you later" and move to another target. Idk. Just me tho.

  • If you don't wanna get hit with DS don't tunnel if you don't wanna get hit with a Borrowed Time don't camp if you don't wanna see Unbreakable quit slugging and hook them it's that simple apply more pressure but going after everyone and not slugging so that way gens don't get done and no Adrenaline wait out the Dead Hard

  • Because they take zero skill or effort to activate AND nullify a potentially enormous amount of effort by giving someone that made a mistake, which should be punished, a free second chance.

    It's not necessarily about the power, but what they represent. They nullify hard work and take no skill to use, no shite people don't like them. It doesn't feel good to have some arsehole jump off the hook and yank down their teammate. It doesn't feel good to have a bunch of arseholes hook bomb you. It doesn't feel good to have a bunch of people group up, only to have Unbreakable and/or Soul Guard undo their terrible strategising. It doesn't feel good to get NOED camped.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    Imo there not even that strong.

    I'd much rather run ironwill, we'll make it, spine chill, and empathy then ds, bt, ub, and adrenaline

    There a bit frustrating to go against as killer but not that hard to counter

    (Not a survivor main btw)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A9KCBBJ4ATGV/save-11.png

    I don’t have a problem with the perks themselves it’s the survivors tho they get way too big of an ego and it ruins the game especially if they get downed through all of their crutches and they dc

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    From a survivor's perspective, I hate them because they reward survivors for playing badly and it teaches survivors bad manners. Borrowed Time is a good example of people not knowing how to actually make good saves. They just run in and unhook because that's what borrowed time taught them. And so when they meet a killer that counters this perk, like Freddy, well, they end up just farming their teammates a vast majority of the time.

    Hell, to use Decisive Strike when being tunneled, you have to literally and intentionally lose the chase instead of running away like you should.

    i believe bt and ds are fine. its a counter against tunnelers, campers, proxy or whatever you wanna call it it gives the survivor a chance to get away and not die within the first few mins of a match. its true that not everyone saves properly but if they know how to use and are running bt theyre gonna wait for a terror radius or till the killers far gone typically. and you dont have to necessarily lose the chase intentionally.. yea its on a timer but if it was like old ds then that would be a whole other argument. tbh it seems like you dont like bt as randoms who save you just screw you over and ds as the timer runs out just before u get knocked finally but its just whats gonna happen

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    From a survivor's perspective, I hate them because they reward survivors for playing badly and it teaches survivors bad manners. Borrowed Time is a good example of people not knowing how to actually make good saves. They just run in and unhook because that's what borrowed time taught them. And so when they meet a killer that counters this perk, like Freddy, well, they end up just farming their teammates a vast majority of the time.

    Hell, to use Decisive Strike when being tunneled, you have to literally and intentionally lose the chase instead of running away like you should.

    I just had someone I was surviving with that was farming off hook vs a legion. When I asked why they were saving immediately and getting people downed they gave me the excuse that they didn't have bt yet and I'm not running meta perks so I shouldn't complain. I just sat there thinking, "but why?". Needless to say I was very confused and frustrated.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    I don’t even go in expecting to win anymore as a survivor because it doesn’t happen that often. Perks for survivors kinda suck 🤣 they don’t do enough. What little that they do people complain about. For instance you guys be like “why is DS one minute? That’s one minute of invincibility”

    well... that minute isn’t actually a lot of time if you consider other killer perks that slow down the amount of things that survivor can do while he or she is in injured one hit yet “invincible” mode 😂😂. Also slugging with infectious fright or other informational perks/auditory cues (with a good headset) to find another target. Don’t be afraid to go after someone else after you down this 1 minute invincible survivor . It’s never a bad decision as you are pulling other survivors off of gens to pick up/heal. Stalling their objective while you’re completing yours.

    There are many good survie perks, nobody runs them because they arent as good as exhaustion series, DS, and BT which have nearly no activation condition

  • Because it sucks when you play well and get robbed by a perk rather than skill.

    I don’t mind new DS, don’t even mind BT. Only ones I dislike are Adrenaline, Dead Hard and NOED.

  • Dead hard, decisive strike and unbreakable reward you for playing bad. Dead hard is "press [] button to fix mistake" because you knew you were going to go down. Decisive on its own is fine, because slugging is a counter to it, but DS in a locker or combined with unbreakable is stupidly overpowered. Other second chance perks like adrenaline and deliverance are fine, since they reward the survivor for playing well.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Killers complain about second chance perks but then survivors aren't allowed to complain about NOED, Rancor, or Spirit Fury-Enduring.

    NOED is still problematic in ways I'll give you that, but who tf is running rancor (which is a weird bitter murmur that let's you mori if you haven't killed your obsession) and also maybe it's just me but enduring/spirit fury is ok but barely played

  • @Name_Unavailable said:

    Lets be honest because they tunnel, We all saw Pyramid Head before last hotfix when they had a chance to tunnel, Most of them did it.

    So lets be real all the rare scenarios they talk about here about getting hit by DS unfairly is just nonsense, They just want to tunnel whenever they want.

    "Rare scenarios". Just like how we tunnel when we hooked someone else and still get d striked.


  • The biggest struggle in this game is the feeling of agency. It's a big part of why skill ceilings and skill floors matter so much. You can raise the skill floor of any killer but if their skill ceiling isn't high enough most people will regard it as feeling like you lack agency...which is a bad spot to be in design wise for a role that's meant to be all about being in power.


    2D chance perks reduce the agency the killer has unless they play in a scummy manner which typically isn't fun for the killer nor the survivors. Personally, I don't care. I normally let a survivor lie on the ground for a good 30 seconds or so while I check the area, hit people or set up traps and by the time I decide to go back to a player most of their second chance perks aren't in effect.

    Burrowed time I don't care about since it mostly counters reckless saves for the guy who deserve to suffer for it least-the poor guy off the hook-


    If there's any perk I hate...it's head on...janky hit box...you can't really do ANYTHING about it because most competent survivors can leave it down to the very last second and will never be baited and 2 loops and it backs in action.

  • It's the combination that is very strong. Especially during the end game. Every time when I still had my DS and got saved with BT I got out. Even with the exit on the other side of the map.

    You want to slug at one gen left. One Unbreakable counters it completely, as well as Adrenaline. It only takes a Survivor who goes for the last gen and completes it in that time. All for nothing. I did this once and I coudn't even blame the Nurse for DCing.

    Sprint Burst: Be outpositioned on a gen in a dead zone? No problem! Sprint away!

    DH: Press E to get dedicated. Got greedy on a loop? Made a mistake? Press E to live.

    Adrenaline: Why should I heal? Get the last gen already!

    DS: 60s invincibility. Especially if you are next to a locker. Literally the "Get out of the prison" card during the EGC.

    BT: Unhooked in front of the Killer? No problem! I don't get punished for it. I don't care if he get's tunneled. He has DS anyways.

    Unbreakable: Killer wants a 4k? Killer sluggs for pressure? Not with me!


    I play both sides and I can understand why some Killers don't like these perks as well as survivors who use them.

    It always depends on HOW you use these perks. I for myself use DS because I hate to get tunneled (or even worse: tunnel-moried). Not to abuse it. If I use BT, I use it to get you out of the Basement vs a camping Killer, not to farm you off the hook without punishment.

  • I dont run any meta perks. I am a survivor main who only plays solo Q. Most matches I get are potato survivors who dont even know how to use those perks. And when I get survivors who do know how to use those perks are usually a swf. Sometimes when I'm caught with a toxic swf I'll give the killer a free kill. I act like a potato and give them the kill. So they feel like they earned it

  • Second chance perks themselves aren't annoying. What's annoying is when a survivor uses every meta perks under the sun then complains about the killers perks/playstyle.

    As long as a survivor thinks it's normal to complain about camping and tunneling, I will think it's normal to complain about genrushing, near infinite loops, and second chance perks.


    And to anyone who thinks camping isn't a legitimate playstyle. The perks I run are ruin, serveillance, and discordance together. This means I can prioritize punishing altruistic behavior while still making sure gens don't progress. Yet for some reason survivors think this is a stupid playstyle to use (even though it works very well most of the time) why exactly would I patrol gens or go to the other side of the map when I don't need to do that. Why would I go too far away when I know where most of the survivors are? If you're a survivor and complain about something like this do yourself a favor and uninstall. The killer has no obligation to go to the other side of the map and count to 60 like they're playing hide and seek. I haven't depipped a single time with this setup, so why exactly would I change to a playstyle that gives me less bp and ranked progression? Because it's not fun for you? Well sfw, infinite/near infinite loops, gen rushing, DS, borrowed time are all not fun for me. So I'll change my playstyle up when survivors stop doing all these things

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    Honestly I wouldn't even call any perk a "second chance"... just hear me out

    Adrenaline: End Game Perk, activates once a match... (old insta-heals are second chance)

    Dead Hard: The condition of being injured means you have already gotten hit (or pairing No Mither)... so half the chase is done

    DS: Have to hooked in the first place and it's a one time use (so using it after your first hook is only a delay)

    Unbreakable: If it's used before your first hook then maybe it's a "second chance" but if not then no

    Also in saying those are "second chance" perks then:

    Self care: got hit... run to the other side of the map and heal yourself for free

    Inner Strength: same as Self Care but go into a locker for 8 seconds... but cleanse a totom before

    Deliverance: Free hook escape (also pairs well with DS)... but getting hooked again means struggle stage

    Flip-Flop: not being picked up till you've recovered makes it easier to wiggle off (Pairs well with Unbreakable, Tenacity and Boil-Over)

    Any more "second chance" perks.... I know there's more

    You're looking at most of them from a wrong angle. Second chance perks are perks that reward you for accomplishing nothing or have no skillful prerequisite.

    Dead Hard: Injured? You can press a button to make it to a pallet you wouldn't normally make it, fix your mistake if you mess up a loop, or make it to the pallet if a killer successfully mind games you.

    Adrenaline: this one is weird. I don't see it as a second chase or crutch perk, but I understand why someone would believe it.

    DS: Love this bombshell. Its definitely a necessary evil since it helps with tunneling(Its an anti tunnel perk, Peanits just knows that if they acknowledge it as one then they'll have to acknowledge the abuse of it). This perk for the most part is used as a "you cant pick me up for 60 seconds. Oh you wanna slug like the forums say to do? I got unbreakable. Get outplayed." So its essentially a crutch perk. It should just deactivate when you touch a gen, heal someone, or start unhooking someone else, then I wouldn't even consider it second chance or crutch.

    Unbreakable: This perk is straight up second chance. By itself it isnt too bad, but mixed with DS and there's no counter play at all. The only way to really fix this perk would be fixing DS as shown above so they cant just work on a gen in your face until they go down, get back up, then continue working on it with no fear from the killer.


    Those other perks are not second chase at all and are not related to the top half.

  • Because they suck. Big time.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    NOED is arguably the most powerful second chance perk in the game. So I hope no one trash talking DS, BT, UB, etc runs NOED ever. That would be hypocritical.

    It's unactive for the whole trial and can be disabled easily. How is that stronger than all of those combined?

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    Imo there not even that strong.

    I'd much rather run ironwill, we'll make it, spine chill, and empathy then ds, bt, ub, and adrenaline

    There a bit frustrating to go against as killer but not that hard to counter

    (Not a survivor main btw)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A9KCBBJ4ATGV/save-11.png

    67b062f48ca5b085cea9ec22e2f913c6.jpg

    Just gonna leave this here

  • @rglarson13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1433158#Comment_1433158

    Actually, I really like this idea for a killer perk.

    The killer kicks up to 1/2/3 generators in a match, and if the survivors complete it within 300 seconds after being kicked it explodes at 99% and regress to 50%.

    Don't like it? Just don't gen rush -- easy.

    That was literally the most unsatisfying perk to play against I could think of. Do NOT use that as inspiration for a perk ffs.

  • Basically the issue I brought up appears in the following perks:

    DS: "Oh you went through the trouble of downing them? ######### you do it again, and also your stunned for 5 seconds."

    DH: Its a reactive perk that gets used to correct a mistake. In fairness the perk CAN be used proactively and when it is the perk doesn't feel so bad. That is to say, using DH to make a play is fine, but using DH to correct a misplay feels awful as the Killer.

    Adrenaline: Retroactively deletes your chase progress when used in a chase. Outside of a chase is fine.

    Unbreakable: In the event of a 4 man slug this perk denies an anticipated insta-win. Without at least 3 slugged or hooked Survivors this isn't an issue and the perk is fine (psychologically speaking)

    Deliverance: See above but with hooks

    4%ing: same

    Mettle of man: Simple "Oh you got a hit? Na just kidding". Offset by the difficulty to activate making it seem impressive rather than annoying, but still worth mentioning.

    Soul guard/borrowed time: Same as MoM but without the feeling of being impressive making up for it

    Sprint Burst: "Oh you got the jump on me? No you didn't". Used outside of the context of an ambush is fine.

    The other exhaustion perks (head on, lithe, balanced landing) do not carry the same feeling of anticipation of reward prior to their activation, lithe in particular due to activating on a vault.

    None of these "issues" are balance issues, although there are unrelated balance issues with a subset of these perks, the negative psychological effects is are not an example of a balance issue.

    In the case of the Enduring effects, they can be solved with a simple nerf that causes Enduring to make the Survivor glow like they do now when struck with enduring but for the whole duration. That way the anticipated reward is not "downing the Survivor" but rather "breaking the Survivors shield".

    In the case of borrowed time no further changes are needed, the perk is strong enough for a minor nerf like this to be fine. Mettle of man and soul guard may need a compensation buff. In the case of mettle of man that should be straightforward as the perk needs a buff anyways.

    Solving the issue with the other perks is more complicated. Other than DS the perks moreso have the potential to be frustrating depending on when and how it's used rather than being an inherently frustrating perk. So nerfing it to be less frustrating isn't plausible without a full rework, which can only be fully justified in the case of DS.

    Sprint burst can be mitigated by having it activate after sprinting continuously for 1 second instead of instantly. However similar changes to deliverance, Unbreakable ect wouldn't work.

  • @Valor188917 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1433097#Comment_1433097

    If more than 1 guy gets downed then the survivors are playing overly altruistic or the downed guy got downed near a door instead of sacrificing himself for the team/overestimating his ability to run away.

    Heck even if you got 3 downs that's still not the amount of second chances survivors have over the course of a match.

    Plus if survivors did totems like any half decent does then most likely the perk won't even get use where as second chance perks and survivor perks in general can't simply be disabled. I think they should add some sort of survivor hex perks or affect existing survivor perks in some way so killers actually can do something like survivors can.

  • @rglarson13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1433158#Comment_1433158

    Actually, I really like this idea for a killer perk.

    The killer kicks up to 1/2/3 generators in a match, and if the survivors complete it within 300 seconds after being kicked it explodes at 99% and regress to 50%.

    Don't like it? Just don't gen rush -- easy.

    Gen-rushing is usually a side effect of the killer not applying any pressure. This perk is a terrible idea. You basically condemn the survivors to death for doing basically nothing. 5 whole minutes? You literally can't lose in that time frame. Plus it's BHVR they'd never make a new good perk.

  • It's basically due to the way that top level survivors, and especially swfs, play with those perks.

    DS: "I have been unhooked, it's now time to do this gen that's almost done in the killer's face and sprint to a locker if he targets me, becoming invincible"

    UB on its own is fine, but with DS it looks like this: "I have DS active and the killer slugged me. Killer can't pick me up so I'll UB up for free in a bit." Sometimes it looks like "Killer slugged me then chased the 2 others near me, he downed them and hooked one, now that he picked up the other one I'll pick myself up, save the other and heal. Also our 4'th was doing gens the whole time so not much lost."

    BT: "I have been unhooked and the killer wasn't camping right on top of us, time to body block so he can't chase my savior. If killer downs me after I waste 15 seconds of his time for BT to end I have DS and UB to pick myself up"

    Adrenaline: "Oh ######### I'm gonna get caught. *last gen pops* Nevermind, free health state and 150% movespeed. But I'll complain about noed taking away that fee health state if killer has it!"

    Take any of those situations and make them planned for for SWF setups and they become exponentially worse to deal with.

  • @SewerSwans said:

    Unbreakable is despised because split pressure = mandatory slugging, so there's barely any counterplay & it makes a huge difference.

    DS awards a minute of immortality for getting outplayed, and allows the survivor to force you to contend with the DS by making aggressive plays. The less you tunnel, the more minutes of invincibility. The more pressure you apply, the less they need to fear you. All in an ideological dressing of 'it's an anti tunnel perk, just don't tunnel!".

    Additionally, killers have no perks that award downs or injuries. So it feels cheap when survivors get perks that dodge a hook state & reverse a down without any conditions other than "you got outplayed by the killer". It's similar to how NOED feels cheap.

    Killers do have perks that rewards injuries and downs: Knockout, Infectious, Sloppy, Thantaphobia, etc.

  • @Iron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1433523#Comment_1433523

    NOED is still problematic in ways I'll give you that, but who tf is running rancor (which is a weird bitter murmur that let's you mori if you haven't killed your obsession) and also maybe it's just me but enduring/spirit fury is ok but barely played

    I've seen Rancor a lot lately. Every Spirit seems to run it too which gives it more use time.

    Spirit Fury-Enduring, while not being common, is a really cheap way to get a down.

  • Second chances suck 4 to 1. Killers need perks that maim survivors via running speed or working gens. Break a leg. Break an arm. I’m a higher Rank survivor than killer. Survivors should also have a small slow down to max speed when they are constantly looking around while in a chase. Everyone has their own opinion.

  • 😒 the guy saying there's not many SWF players mustn't play killer much.

    I'll admit one of the reasons I currently hate DS is because I can't seem to ever do it when I play survivor. I dunno if it's a PS4 bug but I'm not useless at hitting difficult skill checks usually and it looks like I've got it with DS a few times but it just never seems to register properly for me.

    Other than that a SWF team running DS and BT and doing a "2 of us take turns being a martyr and trolling killer while other 2 genrush" is just a drag to play against. The unhooked survivor body blocking you trying to chase someone else because of BT is a drag. Survivors having access to perks that mean they don't have to worry about playing sloppy or even fearing the killer at all is a friggin draaaaag.

  • Lots of counters to the Second chance perks.

    Unbreakable: Don’t slug, in case of DS just patrol the area with Deerstalker & wait for them to get up. It’s also a one time use.

    DS: Slug them until timer ends. Go after someone else. Wait outside locker if they hop into one. Lunge at them if they work on a gen in your face. Pyramid head cages. Use Huntress Lullaby perk which can make them miss the skill check. Also one time use.

    BT: Stealth killers which hide TR. Perks that hide TR, Freddy, Pyramid Head cages.

    Exhaustion perks: Mindbreaker & Bloodecho. Some killers have add ons that add exhaustion

  • @Brisingr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1433219#Comment_1433219

    Killers do have perks that rewards injuries and downs: Knockout, Infectious, Sloppy, Thantaphobia, etc.

    Award injuries and downs, as in, give you them. Such a perk would be ridiculous for the same reason 4x DS and 4x Unbreakable feel ridiculous. These are an incredibly powerful presence in the match that doesn't feel at all equivalent to the killers' perks or subject to the killer's counterplay.

    The closest equivalent is Pop & NOED, NOED having counterplay but rewarding failure, and Pop reversing survivor objectives but requiring the killer to get a hook to do so.

  • by themselves i have no issue but the problem arises when 4 survivors with 4 second chance perks. that makes it 16 "second" chances

  • I can't believe people have failed to mentioned the fact that survivors also get second chances from their items too. Styptic/syringe (which were even nerfed before because they were so strong.)

    You remember when a survivor could get hit into the dying state and still use a syringe ON THEMSELVES as they went down to heal back up to full HP? Even if you don't I'm sure you can imagine it isn't very fun to get hit with what's essentially a double Adrenaline after downing a survivor.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1435077#Comment_1435077

    I mean, of course I hate people who farm me even with BT or having to intentionally lose chase to make use of my perk that punishes the killer for attacking me within 60 seconds of being unhooked.

    Again, BT teaches bad habits, and DS encourages you to intentionally lose a chase to use it. BT like most perks are crutches so of course that's gonna happen, but DS could be designed much better than it currently is to reduce the amount of aggressive behavior survivors emit when they have 60 seconds of hook invulnerability, and to increase the actual use in using it defensively. In other words, DS is better used currently to guarantee doing 75% of a generator, rather than spending that time running away from a killer, because if you run away, you don't get to use the perk.

    id like to hear your idea of how ds should work to where its not making someone give up chase but rather to run away. one way i could think of it is theres a timer still but if you end up in chase again before it runs out the timer pauses and you're able to use it if you get knocked, (you loose it once picked up by another survivor from dying state) otherwise if you loose the killer it continues its timer and by then you're probably gonna be long gone and or healed

1 2 ›