So, how many years before Haddonfield is adjusted?

I really am tired of that map being the go to 'F U' for survivor offerings. Or even just being rolled it in general. I'd rather have Ormond. At least Ormond doesn't have three thousand mile walls. Heck, I'd take Midwich over Haddonfield. Even though that map is absolutely wretched, at least it looks good.

Comments

  • Never. Survivors love it, and as long as survivors are happy, all's right with the world in the devs' eyes.

  • I think that around the period charms were leaked, some guy interviewed Cote and he talked about (and showed) a Haddonfield rework.

  • Ormond may not have three thousand mile walls, but it does have three thousand safe pallets. Both maps in their current state need to go.

  • the problem wiith it was with old balanced landing but people still calls it survivor sided and broken by some reason. As killer I don't have any problem except that there are 3 or 4 god pallets

  • I'll take haddonfield over ormond any time of the day, ormond is just filled with safe pallets next to loops with godpallets. At least trapper is great on Haddonfield, no killer excels in Ormond.

  • @Acromio said:

    Never. Survivors love it, and as long as survivors are happy, all's right with the world in the devs' eyes.

    So I guess survivors hated 20 second sprint burst, self care stacking with we'll make it, insta blinds, being able to recover exhaustion while running, not having exhaustion in the first place, 5 second ds, coal tower, Thompson House, old cow tree, old shack, etc...

    Like, seriously, can people stop parotting the idea the devs don't give a ######### about killers? When I play killer it's never felt easier unless I get one of the Cursed Trio™ (Haddonfield, Ormond, Yamaoka). Those maps need changes, alongside Cowshed and Fields, I agree, but seriously saying the devs don't care about killers especially in 2020 is one of stupidest things to say.

    If we were back in February 2018, patch 1.9.2 fresh off the iron, then I'd agree then. Devs really didn't think that through and didn't give a ######### about killers. Now, they're actually making amazing changes (and some not so amazing ones, 2 of which I particularly disagreed with) to help the role out.

  • I'll agree that killer is easier if we can all agree to get rid of fences that can be looped for a heinous amount of time.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    I'll agree that killer is easier if we can all agree to get rid of fences that can be looped for a heinous amount of time.

    Agreed

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    the problem wiith it was with old balanced landing but people still calls it survivor sided and broken by some reason. As killer I don't have any problem except that there are 3 or 4 god pallets

    If you know what you’re doing as survivor it is broken. All of the gens are safe and spread out, the fences create unmindgameable loops, there are quite a few really strong pallets and the basement building is ridiculous, with multiple strong windows and a god pallet. Most survivors don’t know how to run any of the Haddonfield tiles properly so they run blindly and die fast, but that doesn’t negate the strength of the map unfortunately.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420383#Comment_1420383

    So I guess survivors hated 20 second sprint burst, self care stacking with we'll make it, insta blinds, being able to recover exhaustion while running, not having exhaustion in the first place, 5 second ds, coal tower, Thompson House, old cow tree, old shack, etc...

    Like, seriously, can people stop parotting the idea the devs don't give a ######### about killers? When I play killer it's never felt easier unless I get one of the Cursed Trio™ (Haddonfield, Ormond, Yamaoka). Those maps need changes, alongside Cowshed and Fields, I agree, but seriously saying the devs don't care about killers especially in 2020 is one of stupidest things to say.

    If we were back in February 2018, patch 1.9.2 fresh off the iron, then I'd agree then. Devs really didn't think that through and didn't give a ######### about killers. Now, they're actually making amazing changes (and some not so amazing ones, 2 of which I particularly disagreed with) to help the role out.

    I wise I could up vote this again. Killer has literally never been easier. But still they ######### that everything is against them.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420412#Comment_1420412

    If you know what you’re doing as survivor it is broken. All of the gens are safe and spread out, the fences create unmindgameable loops, there are quite a few really strong pallets and the basement building is ridiculous, with multiple strong windows and a god pallet. Most survivors don’t know how to run any of the Haddonfield tiles properly so they run blindly and die fast, but that doesn’t negate the strength of the map unfortunately.

    image.png

    coldwind are even more safe and no one complains about them, it just proves hoow people trust something because a lot say so

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420955#Comment_1420955

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2LSAN91DFFXR/image.png

    coldwind are even more safe and no one complains about them, it just proves hoow people trust something because a lot say so

    ? They nerfed all the Coldwind maps in a recent patch... so that info graphic is outdated and irrelevant lol.

  • No guys, Haddonfield is perfectly balanced map. Nothing wrong with super long fences where the survivor can always see the killer, and generators on the 2nd floor that gives the survivor plenty of time to see the killer coming. Nope, no problems here.

  • @Freesham said:

    No guys, Haddonfield is perfectly balanced map. Nothing wrong with super long fences where the survivor can always see the killer, and generators on the 2nd floor that gives the survivor plenty of time to see the killer coming. Nope, no problems here.

    Honestly I'd still take it over Ormond though. As killer anyway.

    As survivor you give me Ormond I feel so bad for the killer.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421118#Comment_1421118

    ? They nerfed all the Coldwind maps in a recent patch... so that info graphic is outdated and irrelevant lol.

    if important/noticeable changes were done, they would have dropped info too

  • They haven’t released stats for months despite numerous changes to killers, maps, perks, etc. That doesn’t mean those changes have had no effect on the game stats.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421175#Comment_1421175

    They haven’t released stats for months despite numerous changes to killers, maps, perks, etc. That doesn’t mean those changes have had no effect on the game stats.

    Technically relates to both so I'll quote both.

    The devs said they didn't want to release more stats because so many people would take it as "x is op" or "please buff Y" when those stats aren't the only thing looked at when balancing.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420383#Comment_1420383

    So I guess survivors hated 20 second sprint burst, self care stacking with we'll make it, insta blinds, being able to recover exhaustion while running, not having exhaustion in the first place, 5 second ds, coal tower, Thompson House, old cow tree, old shack, etc...

    Like, seriously, can people stop parotting the idea the devs don't give a ######### about killers? When I play killer it's never felt easier unless I get one of the Cursed Trio™ (Haddonfield, Ormond, Yamaoka). Those maps need changes, alongside Cowshed and Fields, I agree, but seriously saying the devs don't care about killers especially in 2020 is one of stupidest things to say.

    If we were back in February 2018, patch 1.9.2 fresh off the iron, then I'd agree then. Devs really didn't think that through and didn't give a ######### about killers. Now, they're actually making amazing changes (and some not so amazing ones, 2 of which I particularly disagreed with) to help the role out.

    It's not that they don't care, is that it takes so long for then to change things that have been broken for ages, that people ended up reminding of the killer butchering that they do constantly.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420483#Comment_1420483

    It's not that they don't care, is that it takes so long for then to change things that have been broken for ages, that people ended up reminding of the killer butchering that they do constantly.

    Comment I quoted was going on about how devs only care for survivors happiness.

    Therefore if they only care for survivors they can't care for killers. Which is very very incorrect.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    Ormond may not have three thousand mile walls, but it does have three thousand safe pallets. Both maps in their current state need to go.

    Haddonfield is wall after wall after wall and Ormond is pallet after pallet after maze tile (get rid of maze tiles and replace them with the standard tiles please I beg of you)

  • @Acromio said:

    Never. Survivors love it, and as long as survivors are happy, all's right with the world in the devs' eyes.

    For every killer there are four survivors, so of course devs will prioritize them. But in the end that map will get some rework I think but yeah could take a lot of time still.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420383#Comment_1420383

    So I guess survivors hated 20 second sprint burst, self care stacking with we'll make it, insta blinds, being able to recover exhaustion while running, not having exhaustion in the first place, 5 second ds, coal tower, Thompson House, old cow tree, old shack, etc...

    Like, seriously, can people stop parotting the idea the devs don't give a ######### about killers? When I play killer it's never felt easier unless I get one of the Cursed Trio™ (Haddonfield, Ormond, Yamaoka). Those maps need changes, alongside Cowshed and Fields, I agree, but seriously saying the devs don't care about killers especially in 2020 is one of stupidest things to say.

    If we were back in February 2018, patch 1.9.2 fresh off the iron, then I'd agree then. Devs really didn't think that through and didn't give a ######### about killers. Now, they're actually making amazing changes (and some not so amazing ones, 2 of which I particularly disagreed with) to help the role out.

    Can you stop acting like those changes you listed at the beginning should’ve ever been in the game in the first place? It’s not like they were near balanced and could’ve gone without changing. The devs do love survivors but I don’t think they are THAT stupid to leave those issues in the game. Come up with something valid that got balanced or nerfed that wasn’t necessary.

  • @Splitsecond27 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420483#Comment_1420483

    Can you stop acting like those changes you listed at the beginning should’ve ever been in the game in the first place? It’s not like they were near balanced and could’ve gone without changing. The devs do love survivors but I don’t think they are THAT stupid to leave those issues in the game. Come up with something valid that got balanced or nerfed that wasn’t necessary.

    Yeah sure, so long as others stop acting like the devs despise killers and want them to be bots for survivors fun.

    If the devs didn't care about killers there wouldn't BE any killers. We've seen from mobile that they can create AIs that function similarly to players. The only, ONLY times I'd say devs truly "hated" killers is patch 1.9.2. The ruin nerf? I strongly disagree with it but I can see why. Nurse nerf? Exactly the same.

    Killer's aren't oppressed. The game has only gotten easier for us. Seriously, stop parroting this bullshit because the devs do care.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420955#Comment_1420955

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2LSAN91DFFXR/image.png

    coldwind are even more safe and no one complains about them, it just proves hoow people trust something because a lot say so

    Two of those maps were reworked to be smaller than they were.

    I'll give you one guess which two were reworked.

  • @Valor188917 said:

    I'll take haddonfield over ormond any time of the day, ormond is just filled with safe pallets next to loops with godpallets. At least trapper is great on Haddonfield, no killer excels in Ormond.

    I find Ormond super easy to 3gen, it usually has at least one or two posible 3gen setups, if Survivors notice your strategy and go for a spread gen they are forced to waste a lot of time and pallets if you defend it well. I believe the worst map for Killers are Mother's Dwelling and certain Rotten Fields setups.