Should the Endurance status be applied to people who get unhooked and immediately get tunnled?

I feel like the developer team or the group should add like a system kinda like the DC Penalty system ((Which is broken on Xbox.)) But would prevent from killers to tunnel survivors as soon as they got off hook. ((It's really disappointing to get off a hook then the killer immediately tunnels you when they're 3 other survivors doing other things.)) Which is why I thought that there should be a feature that normally happens to u when you get unhooked or save yourself. So that when u do get saved. You can get like a small endurance effect so u wouldn't immediately die due to a person being a complete jerk.



This seems like a awful idea as you could say "just have DS", "Use spine CHILL & Iron will" or "just plain invade the killer" but it's kinda hard when u already get caught then u just get camped and when u get off. Immediately go down without having DS.

Emotes_112x112_27-06-2020_02-07.png


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Mr_Gr00vy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416625#Comment_1416625

    But if u know how play your killer with excellent skill. U could down that person instantly like for say deathslinger.

    The person unhooks the person and the person who got unhooked runs away but you use your rifle, stab the unhooker/ reel them in, get a hit off of them, start a chase and hopefully end it quickly. Then throw them on hook

    That depends on which Killer you are. If you're an instant down Killer like Billy or Bubba you shouldn't have an issue. If you aren't, like Spirit or Wraith it's a different story.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    No.

    Know what should happen though?

    Survivors should learn to actually get good at the game and unhook properly instead of always blaming that the killer was camping or tunneling every time they unhook someone in their faces.

    Well, u can still be a red rank and know how to loop and stuff but just wants you and no one else. Then goes down after being unhooked literally a minute ago.

  • @InnCognito said:

    tunneling is fallout from game mechanics that need to be re-worked. As the killer I go after the "easy prey" first. IF that means tunneling a survivor that is playing bad. So be it.

    As the killer; I have very little time on the map the higher up in rank I go. The last thing Im going to worry about is hurting the feelings of some rando survivor. especially if I down the same one twice after an unhook. Maybe their team should have left them there a bit longer, until I got into another chase

    What I am meaning is you're good.


    But your team just cucks you over. Resulting in getting tunnled. And eventually dieing as some of them bodyblock, throw pallets in front of them or just generally be a prick to the survivor who was actually keeping their team alive and healthy

  • @Mr_Gr00vy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416606#Comment_1416606

    Yes, that I think about it. Sounds bad but wouldn't that mean that the killer could just strike at the unhooker?

    While that's true you can't guarantee every killer would do that nor should they be obliged to.

    Remember the person who gets screwed over the most from bad saves is the unhooked survivor.

    1) Killer: gets a relatively easy down from both the Unhooked or unhooker. If they after the unhooked that's someone closer to death.

    2) Unhooker: with both Borrowed time or this suggestion they can ensure their emblems or their We're going to live forever profits so the gain stacks and got lose emblems. Hell even without Borrowed time or this suggestion it's still free bloodpoints

    3) Unhooked: Can't stop the save, they're completely at the mercy of the killer and they die quickly with little to no points

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416634#Comment_1416634

    That depends on which Killer you are. If you're an instant down Killer like Billy or Bubba you shouldn't have an issue. If you aren't, like Spirit or Wraith it's a different story.

    @NuclearBurrito, wraith or spirit shouldn't be a problem either as with proper add-ons. Can destroy the survivors. Like Wraith's Ultra-Rare Addon that allows his bell to be silent. which he can use for ambush attacks

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416622#Comment_1416622

    While that's true you can't guarantee every killer would do that nor should they be obliged to.

    Remember the person who gets screwed over the most from bad saves is the unhooked survivor.

    1) Killer: gets a relatively easy down from both the Unhooked or unhooker. If they after the unhooked that's someone closer to death.

    2) Unhooker: with both Borrowed time or this suggestion they can ensure their emblems or their We're going to live forever profits so the gain stacks and got lose emblems. Hell even without Borrowed time or this suggestion it's still free bloodpoints

    3) Unhooked: Can't stop the save, they're completely at the mercy of the killer and they die quickly with little to no points

    Yeah, I know.



    Just think it's unfair for the


    unhookee.

  • @Mr_Gr00vy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416639#Comment_1416639

    @NuclearBurrito, wraith or spirit shouldn't be a problem either as with proper add-ons. Can destroy the survivors. Like Wraith's Ultra-Rare Addon that allows his bell to be silent. which he can use for ambush attacks

    I'm not commenting on their ability to win the game in general. I was just commenting on the specific scenario of "a healthy Survivor is trying to unhook right in front of you". Like you mentioned Deathslinger using his gun. But if I'm playing as Wraith I obviously can't use Deathslingers gun.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416643#Comment_1416643

    If a killer is doing that at red ranks, and the survivors actually deserve to be there, then that killer just actively threw the game.

    Any decent survivor will just play pallets safer and throw them down a bit early instead of stretching them out, and the other survivors will just push gens. 4 minutes pass and all 5 generators are done if they're not pressured. Maybe another survivor runs by and tanks a hit, just to buy more time. Not like they will care if they're injured, the killer refuses to chase them.

    I know, lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I’m gonna say no because if this were base kit it’d just encourage survivors to almost always bum rush the hook.

    Like I said this was a small idea/ suggestion.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416655#Comment_1416655

    I'm not commenting on their ability to win the game in general. I was just commenting on the specific scenario of "a healthy Survivor is trying to unhook right in front of you". Like you mentioned Deathslinger using his gun. But if I'm playing as Wraith I obviously can't use Deathslingers gun.

    Yeah, I know. But heres another example if u was wraith.


    The Healthy Jake is going to save to Hooked Survivor. You could Cloak real quick and uncloak to get that boost of speed and instantly get a hit. And I possibly hit the unhookee. But don't put them on hook but it would apply pressure. As you'd have one downed, one injured, one doing gens, and one tryna go pick up the survivor.

  • @Mr_Gr00vy said:

    I feel like the developer team or the group should add like a system kinda like the DC Penalty system ((Which is broken on Xbox.)) But would prevent from killers to tunnel survivors as soon as they got off hook. ((It's really disappointing to get off a hook then the killer immediately tunnels you when they're 3 other survivors doing other things.)) Which is why I thought that there should be a feature that normally happens to u when you get unhooked or save yourself. So that when u do get saved. You can get like a small endurance effect so u wouldn't immediately die due to a person being a complete jerk.

    This seems like a awful idea as you could say "just have DS", "Use spine CHILL & Iron will" or "just plain invade the killer" but it's kinda hard when u already get caught then u just get camped and when u get off. Immediately go down without having DS.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/S1OSKI4DRABL/emotes-112x112-27-06-2020-02-07.png

    I thought it over and I think I misunderstood. While I think endurance is a little much, a haste effect would be perfect. It discourages camping, and, as a killer main, it would let us have not such a bad rap. Sorry if my other comments were aggresive

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/169036/should-the-endurance-status-be-applied-to-people-who-get-unhooked-and-immediately-get-tunnled

    I thought it over and I think I misunderstood. While I think endurance is a little much, a haste effect would be perfect. It discourages camping, and, as a killer main, it would let us have not such a bad rap. Sorry if my other comments were aggresive

    Ah it's all good mate.


    And yes, I too agree on a small haste effect. Sorta like an instant Sprint burst. And after that haste effect u could maybe suffer from the exhaustion effort or I mean they can put that idea as a perk

  • @Mr_Gr00vy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416681#Comment_1416681

    Ah it's all good mate.

    And yes, I too agree on a small haste effect. Sorta like an instant Sprint burst. And after that haste effect u could maybe suffer from the exhaustion effort or I mean they can put that idea as a perk

    See, flame wars are never the answer!

  • I never had any smoke against u.

    I was actually calm while u were exploding on me

  • Honestly, no. No, no, no, no, no. No.

    I used to think that something like that would be fine, but at the end of the day, it would be better to implement some form of "cancel-unhook" interaction, so that you don't get farmed. Bam, easy fix, suddenly farming is no longer a thing, the moron that tried to farm you gets a free whack across the spine, and morons no longer consider "farming" and "tunneling" to be the same thing. (Guess what, if you come off the hook in front of me, I'm taking a whack at you. Why shouldn't I? You got farmed by an idiot, go blame them, not the person they just handed free map pressure in the form of a slug or mend.)

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Honestly, no. No, no, no, no, no. No.

    I used to think that something like that would be fine, but at the end of the day, it would be better to implement some form of "cancel-unhook" interaction, so that you don't get farmed. Bam, easy fix, suddenly farming is no longer a thing, the moron that tried to farm you gets a free whack across the spine, and morons no longer consider "farming" and "tunneling" to be the same thing. (Guess what, if you come off the hook in front of me, I'm taking a whack at you. Why shouldn't I? You got farmed by an idiot, go blame them, not the person they just handed free map pressure in the form of a slug or mend.)

    Yes, that would make things a lot easier and relieve some stress, lol

  • @Mr_Gr00vy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416689#Comment_1416689

    I never had any smoke against u.

    I was actually calm while u were exploding on me

    Yeah, I meant like I was the jerk. I was kind of fighting my own flame war. I had just had a bad match. 👌

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416694#Comment_1416694

    Yeah, I meant like I was the jerk. I was kind of fighting my own flame war. I had just had a bad match. 👌

    @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416694#Comment_1416694

    Yeah, I meant like I was the jerk. I was kind of fighting my own flame war. I had just had a bad match. 👌

    Ah, sorry lad.

    My head is foggy from being sleep deprived.


    My apologies for misreading it.

  • I mean, if i hook you , turn around and you are already being unhooked, i'm gonna go for you.

  • Its not desperation its logic you as a survivor are you going to ignore a 75% gen in front of you for a chance to find a new gen

  • Lowkey, I had an idea for making like a 2-4 second endurance status effect as default for unhooked survivors, then have borrowed extend the duration and also combine the current WGLF with it and re purpose WGLF

  • @IceCreamPrincess said:

    They actually do already have that in the game, where the unhooked person has the endurance effect. I believe its actually a perk for survivors that lets them put it on the survivor as they're unhooking them. Im not sure what its called though since i rarely see survivors run it for some reason

    Living on the edge of BORROWED TIME.

    =]

  • Just run DS? That's what its in the game for isn't? You or your teammates could also not do unsafe unhooks.

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416504#Comment_1416504

    If the survivor happens to be the one found first, then yeah that’s bad luck lol. I don’t think any killer should “avoid” hitting a survivor. If they’re there, hit them. Though personally I will usually punish the person who did the unsafe hook and leave the injured one alone, because I don’t like players who farm their teammates.

    Perhaps I misunderstood. I meant in the case of actively seeking out one person & just waiting for them to get off the hook, you usually do poorly unless you have an overly altruistic team.

    Damn right, I also punish those unsafe unhooks and most of the time I end up feeling like a dick.

    I also maybe misunderstood what you were saying, I actually thought you were being rude to the other commenter but seeing how you responded to me, I'm sure I got it wrong.

    And yeah, actively tunneling is not fun for either side imo, tunneling by accident like "oh that survivor got unhooked and I can't find anyone else but that recently unhooked survivor because the survivor that saved is hiding" isn't tunneling, you are the killer sometimes feel bad for that other player.

    Good to know there are still people like you who actually respond in a nice way.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416541#Comment_1416541

    Damn right, I also punish those unsafe unhooks and most of the time I end up feeling like a dick.

    I also maybe misunderstood what you were saying, I actually thought you were being rude to the other commenter but seeing how you responded to me, I'm sure I got it wrong.

    And yeah, actively tunneling is not fun for either side imo, tunneling by accident like "oh that survivor got unhooked and I can't find anyone else but that recently unhooked survivor because the survivor that saved is hiding" isn't tunneling, you are the killer sometimes feel bad for that other player.

    Good to know there are still people like you who actually respond in a nice way.

    Killers gonna kill lol. I agree 100%, tunnelling is unfun for both sides, but there’s also many times where the unhooked survivor unfortunately is the first one found & the killer is verbally abused for it. There’s just no winning lol.

    And nahhh I never mean to come across as rude. It’s hard sometimes because I know text doesn’t always translate well :P I encourage kindness in this community because we all know there isn’t enough of it lmao.

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1417000#Comment_1417000

    Killers gonna kill lol. I agree 100%, tunnelling is unfun for both sides, but there’s also many times where the unhooked survivor unfortunately is the first one found & the killer is verbally abused for it. There’s just no winning lol.

    And nahhh I never mean to come across as rude. It’s hard sometimes because I know text doesn’t always translate well :P I encourage kindness in this community because we all know there isn’t enough of it lmao.

    I try to avoid being negative as well, hopefully people try to as well.

    I think people need to play both sides as much as possible so they can understand the other side better.

    And that was my bad lol here on the forums I usually see people being mean to each other so I most likely misunderstood what you were saying.

  • @Mr_Gr00vy said:

    I feel like the developer team or the group should add like a system kinda like the DC Penalty system ((Which is broken on Xbox.)) But would prevent from killers to tunnel survivors as soon as they got off hook. ((It's really disappointing to get off a hook then the killer immediately tunnels you when they're 3 other survivors doing other things.)) Which is why I thought that there should be a feature that normally happens to u when you get unhooked or save yourself. So that when u do get saved. You can get like a small endurance effect so u wouldn't immediately die due to a person being a complete jerk.

    This seems like a awful idea as you could say "just have DS", "Use spine CHILL & Iron will" or "just plain invade the killer" but it's kinda hard when u already get caught then u just get camped and when u get off. Immediately go down without having DS.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/S1OSKI4DRABL/emotes-112x112-27-06-2020-02-07.png

    Tunneling isn't bad. Objective priority, just like how survivors do generators fast, killers want to kill fast.

  • Tunneling shouldnt be punished ever, because when this happens then playing survivor takes litterly no brain cells to play. This is because survivors doing An unsafe unhook wont get punished and they should.

    There are so many variables that makes tunneling justified. Like doing An unsafe unhook in front of the killer. Or the killer cant find the unhooker because the unhooker is a blendette.

    If you want the killer to litterly ignore you then i am sorry to say it but you are then entitled.

  • @Mr_Gr00vy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416515#Comment_1416515

    I see, so maybe like a small haste effect? As stated by KingFrost

    That is a little more reasonable.

  • @ggezbabykiller said:

    Ds bt unbreakable

    Not all the time does that combo work.

  • so you just invented Borrowed Time...?

  • @Mr_Gr00vy said:

    I feel like the developer team or the group should add like a system kinda like the DC Penalty system ((Which is broken on Xbox.)) But would prevent from killers to tunnel survivors as soon as they got off hook. ((It's really disappointing to get off a hook then the killer immediately tunnels you when they're 3 other survivors doing other things.)) Which is why I thought that there should be a feature that normally happens to u when you get unhooked or save yourself. So that when u do get saved. You can get like a small endurance effect so u wouldn't immediately die due to a person being a complete jerk.

    This seems like a awful idea as you could say "just have DS", "Use spine CHILL & Iron will" or "just plain invade the killer" but it's kinda hard when u already get caught then u just get camped and when u get off. Immediately go down without having DS.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/S1OSKI4DRABL/emotes-112x112-27-06-2020-02-07.png

    No. As always, if the killer tunnels, everyone should just do gens, then, if possible, try to save and defend the victim. Survivor mains have to understand that killers tunnel to deal with genrushing, not because they're bad or something. Killer doesn't complain about genrushing, insta-heal, keys, bodyblocking, torches, so surv shouldn't complain about that. There's no "how to play correctly" manual. You rush gens = I rush kills. If someone actually plays killer a lot will know what I'm talking about.

  • Could kill late-game.

    Just unhook after the Generators are done, and they're practically free, since there's always 1 who goes to 100% or 99% an Exit Gate.

  • @MadBoy_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/169036/should-the-endurance-status-be-applied-to-people-who-get-unhooked-and-immediately-get-tunnled

    No. As always, if the killer tunnels, everyone should just do gens, then, if possible, try to save and defend the victim. Survivor mains have to understand that killers tunnel to deal with genrushing, not because they're bad or something. Killer doesn't complain about genrushing, insta-heal, keys, bodyblocking, torches, so surv shouldn't complain about that. There's no "how to play correctly" manual. You rush gens = I rush kills. If someone actually plays killer a lot will know what I'm talking about.

    I’m sorry to necro this discussion, but did you actually just say killers DON’T complain about genrushing, flashlights, insta-heals, bodyblocking or keys? Since when. Most posts here and on Reddit I’ve seen posted by a killer has complained about all of these things. Killers even complain about second chance “crutch perks” like Borrowed Time, Dead Hard, Unbreakable, Decisive Strike. Survivors also complain about killer perks like NOED, Franklins, BBQ. To say no one complains about mechanics or the game is ignorant.

    I get why some people tunnel and camp, but I don’t do it myself as I find it scummy and unfun. Tunnelling and camping are only good for one thing, ruining someone’s gaming experience.

    I think the only way to combat it (as a Bloodpoint penalty for camping is useless seeing as most killer run BBQ anyway), is to give the survivors either a 10-15% haste effect when being unhooked/unhooking themselves in the killers TR for 30-60 seconds (or until healed if they are healed before that) and it gets removed the moment they start healing, unhooking, doing a gen, cleansing a totem or opening an exit gate, just like DS (as they aren’t being tunnels then) or make it so if someone gets chased immediately after coming off the hook, they get an innate Iron Will + Lucky Break until they start healing etc or for 30 seconds. That way if the killer finds them after 30 seconds it’s technically not tunnelling because they’re not actively chasing the person.

  • P2W buy DLC. Sincerely, the game designers. LOL get DS or get got!

  • The suggestions by some of the people on this forum honestly boggle the mind

  • No, you are right the Killer should just let everyone escape after 1 hook.

  • This would make it almost impossible to punish hook bombing as Killer, and tunneling isn't problematic or needs some kind of nerf

  • @Ireath said:

    I think that would get abused. Just an example I hit the unhooker and start the chase the unhooked survivor could just body block and both get away. What you're asking for is just free bt.

    I understand nobody likes getting tunneled. Unfortunately I can't think of a way to mitigate it without the method being abused.

    The unhooked should have i frames per 15 secs and we would finish the bt bodyblock.

  • @BestGame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416495#Comment_1416495

    bt can be easily counter by ghostface , wraith , and any other killer which have undetectable status or perk...

    and ds can be countered by red mori after first hook... don't mind ? ok...

    Thats the old BT I think you should enter the game and play it.

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416485#Comment_1416485

    Because camping and tunneling is a sure-fire way to screw yourself over. Also it just shows that you’re bad at playing killer so you feel like you gotta target one survivor.

    Not trying to be harsh but camping and tunnelling are trash all around. And it’s not against the rules but the only time I can excuse it is during EGC to secure one kill.

    No offense people are free to have opinions but camping and tunneling does not automatically make you a bad killer, quite the opposite actually because it lets you achieve your objective faster

    Nobody complains if survivors stay on gens all day and try and win as hard as they can

    But oh man the second a killer tries to win in a convincing fashion you're bad killer

    The hypocrisy is real

1 2 ›