Just shows us again that devs have no clue

Chainsaw reving and holding at loops was a big big part of hillbillys mind game potential (watch curve montages of Billy mains on youtube).

This was essential to get the most curve downs with him. Adding this stupid cooldown by heating up in just a few seconds pretty much puts him down to an easy loopable M1 killer against good survivors.

Good survivors were already really difficult to curve on. You had to do many double backs while holding your chainsaw but now I don't think you can ever do that unless they get greedy af. And you have pretty much only 1 try, after that you will get into heat up.

Just shows how little the devs understand their own game, especially killers and playstyles on the higher end of the skill spectrum.


EDIT:

I didn't need to try the PTB but only to use my brain to predict how's going to be. And after testing the PTB and watching others doing it I was absolutly right with my prediction and can confirm to myself what I said

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425306#Comment_1425306

    Given this is a WORSE repeat of the nurse they won't.

    Also they completely ignored all PTB feedback on the nurse "Addon rework" so nurse "Addon rework" 2.0 billybogalu won't be any different.

    Devs mentioned they liked the original billy alot, more likely for it to change and if not, they’ll change the overheat so chainsaw sprinting is more common. BHVR wants this game to last for a while so they are always listening

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425913#Comment_1425913

    Devs mentioned they liked the original billy alot, more likely for it to change and if not, they’ll change the overheat so chainsaw sprinting is more common. BHVR wants this game to last for a while so they are always listening

    History shows otherwise as the only time they listened to PTB feedback at all in any significant way was for the doctor and ONLY the doctor.

    They also said this is a "Slight nerf" even though it takes over 40% over heat to break a pallet with the chainsaw.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425913#Comment_1425913

    Devs mentioned they liked the original billy alot, more likely for it to change and if not, they’ll change the overheat so chainsaw sprinting is more common. BHVR wants this game to last for a while so they are always listening

    The game does not fall/succeed depending on one killer. It is just another fun thing removed from the game.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408634#Comment_1408634

    Thank you for this @Hoodied it explains things very well.

    The Devs do know their own game, they know their game very well indeed. And yes, Billy will now require that little bit more skill to effectively manage his power - I personally don't see that as a bad thing at all. He's still going to be very strong and there's still going to be counterplay to him.

    I've seen the devs play on stream, they really don't know their own game and it shows in their balance decisions. They're middle of the road on skill and play bad survivors.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425594#Comment_1425594

    Not kidding bucko, people can change and that includes the BHVR team, not being optimistic is pretty bad as well, give them another chance at redemption

    For how long am I supposed to stay optimistic before dropping the coin? Another 4 years? At one point I try to look reality into the eyes and base conclusions on past actions.

    It's veeery unlikely that the devs will listen time.

  • Before: Billy stronger than Bubba

    Now: Bubba stronger than Billy.


    Bubba is a DLC, Billy isn't. $$$$$

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408634#Comment_1408634

    Thank you for this @Hoodied it explains things very well.

    The Devs do know their own game, they know their game very well indeed. And yes, Billy will now require that little bit more skill to effectively manage his power - I personally don't see that as a bad thing at all. He's still going to be very strong and there's still going to be counterplay to him.

    The Devs do know their own game,

    they know their game very well indeed.

    know_their_own_game.png

    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425317#Comment_1425317

    See the message above. Just remain optimistic that BHVR learns from past mistakes

    If they had, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

    I love watching apologists try to make excuses in situations like these.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425648#Comment_1425648

    And here we are slowly moving more and more to a pay2win system for killers

    In which meaning is this pay to win? Do you even know what it means? And do you know that nurse is still the strongest killer?

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425693#Comment_1425693

    In which meaning is this pay to win? Do you even know what it means? And do you know that nurse is still the strongest killer?

    It's still pay2win if the strongest free2play killer needs hundreds of hrs of playtime to be good at and maybe 1k hrs to master her... When You simply can buy spirit or Freddy and do very well after 10 hrs.

  • @Deadeye said:

    I'll just watch OhTofu stream now to check him out on the PTB just to see his reaction on the change and most probably come back to this thread and laugh out loud about those minimal knowledge predictions

    Tofu strikes me as a shill, at times. I wouldn't be surprised if he outright supported the decisions the devs made. I hope I'm wrong though.

    Also - he's far from a high level Billy main.The best ones don't stream.

    @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1409003#Comment_1409003

    you also refer to famous dbd players. Here's the kicker, after the nurse rework what happened to nurse? I dunno I still see her as the most powerful killer in the game if played right. Guess what, Billy will be just the same.

    Nurse getting a cooldown is not the same as Billy getting a cooldown. You need to play more killer.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1426387#Comment_1426387

    It's still pay2win if the strongest free2play killer needs hundreds of hrs of playtime to be good at and maybe 1k hrs to master her... When You simply can buy spirit or Freddy and do very well after 10 hrs.

    How about getting Spirit and Oni for shards? Or Huntress for free? Go through the top tiers of ANY streamer and 4 of 5 of the strongest killers are either base or original DLCs. Freddy is literally the only money-only top tier killer

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1409323#Comment_1409323

    Tofu strikes me as a shill, at times. I wouldn't be surprised if he outright supported the decisions the devs made. I hope I'm wrong though.

    Also - he's far from a high level Billy main.The best ones don't stream.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415087#Comment_1415087

    Nurse getting a cooldown is not the same as Billy getting a cooldown. You need to play more killer.

    So if a far-from-high-level-Billy main performs well with him, it would rather support my point that I can come back laughing if this happens, right? And on a stream like 4 days ago he already said that he doesn't think it is too much of a deal

    Besides that - nurse gets a cooldown on every power usage, Billy can control the cooldown. So yeah, this is something different indeed

  • @WTBacon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408982#Comment_1408982

    The Devs do know their own game,

    they know their game very well indeed.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/T3AQTQO7NSNR/know-their-own-game.png

    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

    I think this addon made me lose hope that the devs understand the game more so than the Billy nerf itself. They made an addon that gives you a slight movement speed boost only if a survivor uses a specific item on you. An item that's almost exclusively used when you're either A) breaking a pallet or B) picking up a survivor. You know what you can't do during either of those actions? MOVE.

    And then they made it a green addon.

  • @OogieBoogie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1426008#Comment_1426008

    I think this addon made me lose hope that the devs understand the game more so than the Billy nerf itself. They made an addon that gives you a slight movement speed boost only if a survivor uses a specific item on you. An item that's almost exclusively used when you're either A) breaking a pallet or B) picking up a survivor. You know what you can't do during either of those actions? MOVE.

    And then they made it a green addon.

    The more you think about it the more insane it sounds, isn't it? I'm just speechless, idk what to say anymore at this point. It feels like pure beginners designed this.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1426399#Comment_1426399

    So if a far-from-high-level-Billy main performs well with him, it would rather support my point that I can come back laughing if this happens, right? And on a stream like 4 days ago he already said that he doesn't think it is too much of a deal

    Besides that - nurse gets a cooldown on every power usage, Billy can control the cooldown. So yeah, this is something different indeed

    Well - he just said he's not touching Billy anymore.

    Come come come. Laugh.

    If you can laugh louder than me. KEKW

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1426558#Comment_1426558

    Well - he just said he's not touching Billy anymore.

    Come come come. Laugh.

    If you can laugh louder than me. KEKW

    I'll try. What I heard from him is that he is probably at the same level and just less fun to play because you cannot go for the insane chainsaws anymore as punishment is too hard for that. First game testing, then 2 4k's in a row. So yeah, the initial "even godlike Tofu needs 5 seconds of rev" but still 4k's is what I laugh about

    KEKW KEKW KEKW

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1427266#Comment_1427266

    I'll try. What I heard from him is that he is probably at the same level and just less fun to play because you cannot go for the insane chainsaws anymore as punishment is too hard for that. First game testing, then 2 4k's in a row. So yeah, the initial "even godlike Tofu needs 5 seconds of rev" but still 4k's is what I laugh about

    KEKW KEKW KEKW

    Really? Tofu literally said on his stream, after trying the PTB, that "He won't be touching Billy anymore". You're quoting his twitter from days ago.

    Just stop, silly goose.

    KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1427565#Comment_1427565

    Really? Tofu literally said on his stream, after trying the PTB, that "He won't be touching Billy anymore". You're quoting his twitter from days ago.

    Just stop, silly goose.

    KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW

    Silly goose? You want more details? Maybe take more that a torn out single line from his stream. How about "I will get better in adapting to the changes, I just don't want to". He is not touching Billy anymore because for him the fun thing was trying to go for the insane chainsaws (which is for him the same fun thing to dodge when going against Billy) which is not possible anymore. Not because he is not viable anymore. So basically the same problem as nurse: same tier, less fun to play. He even says Billy is still viable. Someone in stream says "mobility gone" and he responses "he still has high mobility, just a bit less than currently".

    "He won't be touching Billy anymore" without any explanation why doesn't really get the point, you know. If you want to keep laughing pointlessly, go on, but it would make you be the silly goose

  • @Laffle said:

    Ruin everything about a free killer, and buff a paid killer with a fun and fresh new kit. They know EXACTLY what they're doing.

    It’s like £1.99 right now on steam. I very much doubt they nerfed Billy and buffed LF with the idea that they would make mad profit from a 3 year old dlc standalone killer whose selling for pittance.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425609#Comment_1425609

    It’s like £1.99 right now on steam. I very much doubt they nerfed Billy and buffed LF with the idea that they would make mad profit from a 3 year old dlc standalone killer whose selling for pittance.

    It is not just LF. Spirit is very strong and so is freddy and also ph. But hey all just a coincedence, just wait when they gut huntress too.

  • @InTheBushes321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408568#Comment_1408568

    We saw from the vid that the base kit overheat cd is about 10-15s. That is enormous, and you simply don't understand how the killer works if you don't understand that.

    You can also stop pretending that the devs listen to PTB feedback, because we have plenty of evidence that they don't.

    Bottom line - we already know the devs aren't good at this game. This is another attestation to that. They nerfed the most balanced killer in the game, and gave a small sort of buff to one of the weakest killers, several years too late. They have demonstrated, once again, that they don't know what they're doing.

    If I was this bad at my job, I wouldn't be employed. Must be nice to be a game balancer, especially when you can say ridiculous nonsense like "Clown is underrated" on camera.

    When did they say clown is underrated? Because he isn't at all

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1427657#Comment_1427657

    It is not just LF. Spirit is very strong and so is freddy and also ph. But hey all just a coincedence, just wait when they gut huntress too.

    Again, all dirt cheap and old aside from Pyramid head.

    Theres only a few free killers anyway so it makes no sense to compare. Nurse was free and by far the strongest killer in the game for years, hell in the right hands she still is. Huntress is good and free

    Doc and LF were paid dlc for 3 years and weak, Pig is still not that good, Clown hasn’t been really strong either.

    I think you’re trying too hard to make your theory work.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1427664#Comment_1427664

    Again, all dirt cheap and old aside from Pyramid head.

    Theres only a few free killers anyway so it makes no sense to compare. Nurse was free and by far the strongest killer in the game for years, hell in the right hands she still is. Huntress is good and free

    Doc and LF were paid dlc for 3 years and weak, Pig is still not that good, Clown hasn’t been really strong either.

    I think you’re trying too hard to make your theory work.

    Nurse is bugged af and there are no right hands that fix bugs. So no has nothing to do with the player when the game decides you can not blink anymore. She has been bugged since the rework. She is utterly unfun and the devs not fixing anything regarding her just supports the theory.

    I didnt name pig or clown. Doc is annoying af and is the best facecamper in the entire game.

    Huntress will also be reworked so no worries she is next on the list of trash. Was wraith fixed? Cause you could keep him in stunlock.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421190#Comment_1421190

    You are wrong.

    Even the godtier nurse will get ######### on when the game decides no more power for you. Gamebreaking bugs have been with her since the rework, if you call this a perfect state i have to wonder are you trolling? How is it a perfect state that the game can decide you have no more power and have to run around on the map slower than any survivor.

    Please go ahead, explain that to me. No amount of skill makes up for gamebreaking bugs to powers.

    When I say perfect state, I mean balanced better excluding bugs. I'm a rank 1 nurse main and I don't have too many issues with bugs. They happen from time to time but it's not anything that makes me lose my games.

  • @DwightOP said:

    Chainsaw reving and holding at loops was a big big part of hillbillys mind game potential (watch curve montages of Billy mains on youtube).

    This was essential to get the most curve downs with him. Adding this stupid cooldown by heating up in just a few seconds pretty much puts him down to an easy loopable M1 killer against good survivors.

    Good survivors were already really difficult to curve on. You had to do many double backs while holding your chainsaw but now I don't think you can ever do that unless they get greedy af. And you have pretty much only 1 try, after that you will get into heat up.

    Just shows how little the devs understand their own game, especially killers and playstyles on the higher end of the skill spectrum.

    Edit: nearly 50 likes but not a single comment from a Dev about this issue. Great.

    this will age up like wine because you we're right,too bad player opnion doesn't matter to devs

  • @sjamolars said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425632#Comment_1425632

    When I say perfect state, I mean balanced better excluding bugs. I'm a rank 1 nurse main and I don't have too many issues with bugs. They happen from time to time but it's not anything that makes me lose my games.

    The bigger issue with Nurse rn is the fun factor. Idk about you but all the fun from pre nerf nurse is gone and it's really a unfun to play new nurse.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408634#Comment_1408634

    Thank you for this @Hoodied it explains things very well.

    The Devs do know their own game, they know their game very well indeed. And yes, Billy will now require that little bit more skill to effectively manage his power - I personally don't see that as a bad thing at all. He's still going to be very strong and there's still going to be counterplay to him.

    Ahahahahhahahahaha

  • i haven't played for over 2 months, i checked back in to see bubba and billy changes.. after watching videos, they just switched roles. What was the point of all this? You destroy Billy so no one uses him, you buff Bubba so now chainsaw users will gravitate to him.

    Why even bother with all this? You just nerfed Billy because he was next in line from all the whiners after Spirit was nerfed. And next will be Freddy.. and down the list..

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1427565#Comment_1427565

    Really? Tofu literally said on his stream, after trying the PTB, that "He won't be touching Billy anymore". You're quoting his twitter from days ago.

    Just stop, silly goose.

    KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW KEKW

    Just if you want it clearly. Seems like a good on point summary

    https://clips.twitch.tv/OddHelpfulLasagnaBudBlast

1 2 3 ›