[PSA] How the event works

This is what I've ascertained so far, please post any corrections you might have.

  • A pedestal spawns on the map at the start of the trial.
  • Once a player interacts with a pedestal, or after a certain amount of time passes, that pedestal will disappear and a new pedestal will appear somewhere else on the map.
  • If a survivor escapes with the crown (symbolized by the golden particle effect), they will unlock the crown cosmetic on that character.
  • If a killer completes a trial with the crown (again, symbolized by the golden particle effect), they will unlock the crown cosmetic on that character.
  • Escaping with a crown rewards a small amount of BP (I think 500 BP). Completing a trial as killer does the same.
  • Only one pedestal appears on the map at any given time.
  • Although anyone can interact with the pedestals, crowns can only be acquired by non-licensed characters.

FAQ

  • There is no limit to the number of pedestals that appear. Everyone can (potentially) get a crown.
  • "Completes a trial" means that the trial ends without the killer disconnecting, regardless of the result of that trial.
  • "Only one pedestal appears on the map at any given time" means that there's one pedestal which disappears if someone interacts with it or after some time passes, then a new one appears and the same thing happens. It does not mean there's only one pedestal for everyone. It is possible for everyone to get a crown.
  • Crowns do not "drop" if survivors are hooked or die. You cannot lose your crown once you've picked it up.
  • Killers cannot acquire crowns by killing survivors with crowns.
  • The Wraith cannot pick up a crown while cloaked.
  • If you're not sure which characters are licensed, check the wiki: Licensed Characters.
  • If you've acquired a crown as a survivor and the killer disconnects, you will get the cosmetic.

Comments

  • @Prex91 said:

    Why I get 2 times the crown from pedestals and kill 2 surv/2 esca per and I get the cosmetic with the hillbilly, then 4 kill with spirit, get only one crown with spirit but not give me the cosmetic? However bad farm event, searching crowns losing time in game.

    The cosmetic is the crown, what are you talking about?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1379836#Comment_1379836

    The cosmetic is the crown, what are you talking about?

    I explain that better. Hillbilly, during the game I see a crown pedistal, so I took the crown. After I kill a surv I see another pedistal and take a second crown, just to be sure. I kill the second surv, the other two escapes. After the game I go to custom my hillbilly and I get the cosmetic. Another game, with spirit. I see a Claudette with the glowly event effect. I know she has a crown, and they also gen rush, so I tunnel her into death. Then I see a crown pedistal and I take the crown. I kill the other three survivor. I go Again to my spirit customization, but I havent unlock that.

  • @Prex91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1379864#Comment_1379864

    I explain that better. Hillbilly, during the game I see a crown pedistal, so I took the crown. After I kill a surv I see another pedistal and take a second crown, just to be sure. I kill the second surv, the other two escapes. After the game I go to custom my hillbilly and I get the cosmetic. Another game, with spirit. I see a Claudette with the glowly event effect. I know she has a crown, and they also gen rush, so I tunnel her into death. Then I see a crown pedistal and I take the crown. I kill the other three survivor. I go Again to my spirit customization, but I havent unlock that.

    You can't take more than one crown. Did you hold the button until the crown disappeared?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1379894#Comment_1379894

    You can't take more than one crown. Did you hold the button until the crown disappeared?

    Yes sure. So I suppose you can lose the crown in games. I dont know how it works, because you Can't see if you glow playing ad the killer.

  • I wonder if franklin's would make people drop the crown. That would be neat.

  • @53nation said:

    I wonder if franklin's would make people drop the crown. That would be neat.

    It's not an item, so I'm guessing that's a "no".

    @Prex91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1379903#Comment_1379903

    Yes sure. So I suppose you can lose the crown in games. I dont know how it works, because you Can't see if you glow playing ad the killer.

    You can't lose the crown and you can definitely see a particle effect on the edges of your screen.

  • Remember Killer just needs to find a crown then go make a sandwich until the match is over.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1379916#Comment_1379916

    It's not an item, so I'm guessing that's a "no".

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1379914#Comment_1379914

    You can't lose the crown and you can definitely see a particle effect on the edges of your screen.

    Yes I correct myself you can see the glow, I unlock it now with the hag. I simply dont get what Happened the games before. I will retro with spirit.

  • Is it wrong that I'm letting everyone escape today so they all get crowns ?

  • @emptyCups said:

    Is it wrong that I'm letting everyone escape today so they all get crowns ?

    Nope. I'm doing the same, although some survivors don't seem to get it.

  • Seems like there's a slight aura effect on the crown. I think I noticed one while hooking a guy before I got actual line of sight.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1380040#Comment_1380040

    Nope. I'm doing the same, although some survivors don't seem to get it.

    Kill them... with kindness

  • tfw you get the crown twice but it still doesn't get unlocked in your cosmetics section

  • Yes, let them all collect their crowns...and then Tombstone Myers them!

  • @mottigedel said:

    so what's the point in collecting the crown once you have it on that particular survivor? the extra 500 bps is totally not worht it, since you are glowing stick asking to be killed.

    If you ignore the BP, then there's no point.

  • "Survivors must escape with the glow to unlock the crown"


    Please note: death is not an escape.

  • i dont know why but ive been so lucky, i got 6 escapes in a row back to back with the crown playing solo i suggest you guys using Left Bhind and Key of course in case everything goes wrong. even if only needed to use the key 3 out of those 6.

  • i have a question, is there a limit time to get a crown on the map? i mean can i get a crown on the late game?

  • @House22 said:

    i have a question, is there a limit time to get a crown on the map? i mean can i get a crown on the late game?

    You can get it at any point in the trial. Like it says in the OP, new crowns will spawn until the trial ends.

  • @mottigedel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1380096#Comment_1380096

    at least make it 2000 or something. nobody will care about these crowns anymore if they have it unlocked

    Yeah, that's how unlockables work.

  • So I have a question. If I survive with a crown but I'm using Cheryl then I don't get to unlock a cosmetic for any of the other survivors? I have to play those survivors to get the cosmetic?

  • @daggersnight said:

    So I have a question. If I survive with a crown but I'm using Cheryl then I don't get to unlock a cosmetic for any of the other survivors? I have to play those survivors to get the cosmetic?

    Yes, you have to escape with each non-licensed character.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1380040#Comment_1380040

    Nope. I'm doing the same, although some survivors don't seem to get it.

    Same

  • if i escape with the crown multiple times on a single survivor do i get more cosmetics?

    example: i escape 3 times with feng min with the crown, do I unlock extra cosmetics? or just the crown?

    Im not complaining, I just want to know to not miss anything :S

  • @premiumRICE said:

    if i escape with the crown multiple times on a single survivor do i get more cosmetics?

    example: i escape 3 times with feng min with the crown, do I unlock extra cosmetics? or just the crown?

    Im not complaining, I just want to know to not miss anything :S

    Just the one, I think.

  • I know the devs posted that the event cakes are granting 140% bonus instead of 104% and wont stack but I don't get the bonus at all unless I use it. If I put the event cake in the offering for myself then I get the bonus and I know the other ones won't stack until the issue is fixed. But in the matches where I don't put any offering and lets say one other player does, I don't get that bonus.one bonus at all. Hopefully that issue gets fixed to.

  • @Puffieball said:

    I know the devs posted that the event cakes are granting 140% bonus instead of 104% and wont stack but I don't get the bonus at all unless I use it. If I put the event cake in the offering for myself then I get the bonus and I know the other ones won't stack until the issue is fixed. But in the matches where I don't put any offering and lets say one other player does, I don't get that bonus.one bonus at all. Hopefully that issue gets fixed to.

    It's not that it doesn't stack, it's just not applying to everyone.

  • So, if I walk into a pedestal as a cloaked Wraith and it disappears, does that mean I have acquired a crown? And if not, how was I meant to secure that crown until the end of the match?

    Nvm: I have my answer. No.

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    So, if I walk into a pedestal as a cloaked Wraith and it disappears, does that mean I have acquired a crown? And if not, how was I meant to secure that crown until the end of the match?

    Wraith can't pick up crowns while cloaked. You need to interact with it. You'll know if you've acquired one because your screen will have gold particle effects on the sides.

  • Your PSA doesn't detail how a killer can lose a crown, which I did in a Hag game. I claimed it near the start of the game but the glow dissipated until it eventually died. I got a 4k but no crown cosmetic at the end. What did I do wrong, is it a bug?

  • Just did this on Demo, said crown unlocked but I don't see any cosmetic for him.

  • @Pennywise said:

    Your PSA doesn't detail how a killer can lose a crown, which I did in a Hag game. I claimed it near the start of the game but the glow dissipated until it eventually died. I got a 4k but no crown cosmetic at the end. What did I do wrong, is it a bug?

    My PSA details what I've learned. I don't know of any mechanic that can make you lose the crown.

    @Lucian said:

    Just did this on Demo, said crown unlocked but I don't see any cosmetic for him.

    Because the Demogorgon is a licensed character, and like it says in the OP, only non-licensed characters can get it.

  • I've played back to back killer games ending with the glow, yet to receive a crown. This a bug?

  • @Jb94 said:

    I've played back to back killer games ending with the glow, yet to receive a crown. This a bug?

    Are you playing non-licensed killers?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1380792#Comment_1380792

    My PSA details what I've learned. I don't know of any mechanic that can make you lose the crown.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1380803#Comment_1380803

    Because the Demogorgon is a licensed character, and like it says in the OP, only licensed characters can get it.

    Ah thank you

  • Yep. Reset the game and got my first as trapper, so I guess that's a fix of sorts!

  • If you obtain the crown and then wear it in a match and die, does it go away like med kits and tool boxes?

  • Great info there. Thank you.

    Just wondering if it might be worth specifically listing the characters who CANNOT get the crown in the OP? (Thinking cannot is easier then can. ;-) )

    Once again.. very thankful for the info!

  • No lincensed character? thats too bad...

  • I'm starting to think that these crown pedestal do not appear all the time. There are matches where after completing at least two gens I would go look for the crowns and find another. On top of that only at least one of my team mates will have it on. I hope this is not bug.

  • So not sure if its a bug but no pedestal spawned in the deathlinger map.

  • A little help here? See I've escaped or lived as killer twice today so far while glowing with the special crown stuff but both if the times I never got a crown on the two characters...... Is my game bugged or is it something else or what?

  • @shaqbagans said:

    If you obtain the crown and then wear it in a match and die, does it go away like med kits and tool boxes?

    Nope it's a cosmetic in your inventory. Not an item so you can't lose it.

  • @BloodyHatchet said:

    A little help here? See I've escaped or lived as killer twice today so far while glowing with the special crown stuff but both if the times I never got a crown on the two characters...... Is my game bugged or is it something else or what?

    Or survivor:

    I believe these are all licenced and can not get the crown.

  • @Iceman said:

    I'm starting to think that these crown pedestal do not appear all the time. There are matches where after completing at least two gens I would go look for the crowns and find another. On top of that only at least one of my team mates will have it on. I hope this is not bug.

    They do appear all the time. However, they also despawn after a while, which can make them hard to find.

    @Irisora said:

    So not sure if its a bug but no pedestal spawned in the deathlinger map.

    Yes it did. I've found a pedestal there, as have multiple teammates.

    @BloodyHatchet said:

    A little help here? See I've escaped or lived as killer twice today so far while glowing with the special crown stuff but both if the times I never got a crown on the two characters...... Is my game bugged or is it something else or what?

    Only non-licensed characters can get it. Which character were you playing?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381510#Comment_1381510

    They do appear all the time. However, they also despawn after a while, which can make them hard to find.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381526#Comment_1381526

    Yes it did. I've found a pedestal there, as have multiple teammates.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381728#Comment_1381728

    Only non-licensed characters can get it. Which character were you playing?

    I was playing non-licensed but I got it fixed. I just had to reset my game.

  • Once a player interacts with a pedestal, or after a certain amount of time passes, that pedestal will disappear and a new pedestal will appear somewhere else on the map.

    Why they didn't explain this? Without this info people act toxic towards the first guy who got the crown.

  • @White_Owl said:

    Once a player interacts with a pedestal, or after a certain amount of time passes, that pedestal will disappear and a new pedestal will appear somewhere else on the map.

    Why they didn't explain this? Without this info people act toxic towards the first guy who got the crown.

    I think they figured it'd be pretty obvious once someone spotted the new pedestal that there could be more than one.

  • @Orion said:

    Can someone find me a different way to explain what "at any given time" means?

    I think your wording is fine. But to take a stab at it anyway...

    You could say: 'There is always a single pedestal somewhere on the map'

    I had some difficulty with rewording/explaining 'at any given time' on it's own, so I had to include some of the ohter bullet points to help myself contextualize it. I don't know if it helps, but I'm including what I wrote, which is pretty much exactly what you wrote.

    During the 4th anniversary event, every trial will always contain one single pedestal that respawns at random locations on the map. The location of the pedestal changes after some time has passed, or when a player interacts with the pedestal. A player can interact with a pedestal only once per trial. Once a player has interacted with a pedestal they will emit gold flakes from their body for the rest of the match.

1 2 3