Campers and tunnelers on blast.

It was an issue before, but it seems that, especially in the last week or so, it has gotten way out of hand. I main survivor but I play as a killer, too and no matter what, I try to play fair. Camping and tunneling isn't playing fair at all. In fact, I see it as cheating. If you cannot get sacrifices without playing fairly, then you shouldn't be playing at all. I've been saving screen shots and gameplay of anyone using these tactics and I'm seriously considering putting everyone on blast.

Anyone trying to defend these tactics is just as guilty. I don't care what you say, it's unfair and uncalled for.

Comments

  • @Papayarng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381778#Comment_1381778

    I'm not saying that it isnt, i'm saying that if you are finding it stressfull you should either A)Change the way you play (de-rank or take it less seriously?) or B)Go play something else because its clear you arent finding this fun.

    yes to A) I only facecamp lately and it is very fun and chill

  • @joshuashep22 said:

    the amount of triggered killer mains ion this post is both disappointing and amusing, camping and tunnelling is a legitimate strategy sure but why should killers be rewarded for such a scummy strategy that sucks almost all fun from the game, if you camp and tunnel then don't complain when survivors use bt, ds, keys, deliverance, unbreakable and adrenaline

    Fun is subjective ;).

  • @5thPerkSlot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1382598#Comment_1382598

    yes to A) I only facecamp lately and it is very fun and chill

    I mean if you are fine being an ass then go ahead but, hear me out. Maybe if this is the only way you can have fun playing the game, have you considered that you aren't very skilled?

  • @Papayarng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374827#Comment_1374827

    If you find playing a game stressful, you probably shouldnt play it.

    Also, you say that it's fun but thats just you. It's "stressful" trying to get a hook resque against camping killers, it's "stressful" trying to end a chase with a tunnelling killer. It is "stressfull" when self-absorbed, entitled killer mains like you don't actually think about what the expierience is like for the other half of the game. If people like you continue to play like this all the time then there isnt going to be an opposition to facecamp. I understand that survivors can be toxic and I don't mind if you facecamp and tunnel those kinds of survivors because I know what it's like to get angry at them and they are excpecting that when they decide that thats how they wanna play but when you do it to everyone is when it gets a bit dicey.

    I still can't believe when killers complain about toxicity in the survivor community when people like you are playing.

    Can I just say these are all excellent points. By all means be an ass to ass survivors, but don't carpet blank everyone as an ass. Specially at low ranks, some people don't even know or realise how to be asses.

  • @Eleghost said:

    So killing people in probably the most efficient way is cheating in your eyes? Strange.

    Camping efficient? K

  • It is if survivors reward it (which they do most of the time).

  • @SewerSwans said:

    Doing this is fairly pointless, given the many killers who use these strategies, and will likely get you moderated.

    Separate from that, if a freshly unhooked player doesn't bother healing & works on a vital gen, what do you expect me to do? Let them use chivalry as invincibility, walk all over me and win, because otherwise that's tunneling? I'm assuming you're using the broadest sense of these terms given how you seem to feel.

    Just the killers who actually chase you off of hook while the person who saved gets on scott free.

  • @Misann0830 said:

    It was an issue before, but it seems that, especially in the last week or so, it has gotten way out of hand. I main survivor but I play as a killer, too and no matter what, I try to play fair. Camping and tunneling isn't playing fair at all. In fact, I see it as cheating. If you cannot get sacrifices without playing fairly, then you shouldn't be playing at all. I've been saving screen shots and gameplay of anyone using these tactics and I'm seriously considering putting everyone on blast.

    Anyone trying to defend these tactics is just as guilty. I don't care what you say, it's unfair and uncalled for.

    I stopped reading as soon as you said tunnelling and camping is cheating.

  • @Misann0830 said:

    It was an issue before, but it seems that, especially in the last week or so, it has gotten way out of hand. I main survivor but I play as a killer, too and no matter what, I try to play fair. Camping and tunneling isn't playing fair at all. In fact, I see it as cheating. If you cannot get sacrifices without playing fairly, then you shouldn't be playing at all. I've been saving screen shots and gameplay of anyone using these tactics and I'm seriously considering putting everyone on blast.

    Anyone trying to defend these tactics is just as guilty. I don't care what you say, it's unfair and uncalled for.

    It’s not even just the killer side it’s survivor as well every game since this update game has been no games of doing the event it’s just random sweats tryharding and forcing me to play sweat even on the 1 or 2 that may actually be trying to do the crowns so yeah I feel bad for the few good ones doing the event but I’m not gonna depip every game for it

  • Camping the first hook is just unfun for the hooked survivor. The answer from the devs „punish Camping by doing gens“ or like some in this post „3 free escapes for the team“ are just lame. 99% of campers have noed too, so maybe while the first survivor is dying on the first hook all gens are done, but with noed these killer get often 2-4k...

  • @CronaWins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/163996/campers-and-tunnelers-on-blast

    I stopped reading as soon as you said tunnelling and camping is cheating.

    It isn't.

    You know, just like cheating on your wife isn't really cheating, those are all social constructs and not being open minded bro; "it was just sex, it didn't mean anything" but in the end it still makes you look like an inconsiderate pr*ck. That kind of "not cheating"?

  • @Misann0830 said:

    It was an issue before, but it seems that, especially in the last week or so, it has gotten way out of hand. I main survivor but I play as a killer, too and no matter what, I try to play fair. Camping and tunneling isn't playing fair at all. In fact, I see it as cheating. If you cannot get sacrifices without playing fairly, then you shouldn't be playing at all. I've been saving screen shots and gameplay of anyone using these tactics and I'm seriously considering putting everyone on blast.

    Anyone trying to defend these tactics is just as guilty. I don't care what you say, it's unfair and uncalled for.

    Lmao camping and tunneling =/= cheating g. The dev's have stated over and over again that while it's not nice, it is a legitimate tactic.


    In fact, I'll do you one better: it's only effective because survivors refuse to change up their tactics. Also inb4 naming and shaming.

  • @Papayarng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1382827#Comment_1382827

    I mean if you are fine being an ass then go ahead but, hear me out. Maybe if this is the only way you can have fun playing the game, have you considered that you aren't very skilled?

    I am very skilled if play normally but it is not fun

  • Rarely using it, only if 3 gens just pop in a short time and i have no options to slow the game down anymore.

  • The core problems with the game is the speed of how fast everything happens. 1st gen can be finished within seconds of the match starting. Chases can literally last 5-10 seconds long because of bloodlust(I think that's what its called) and rarely does a survivor get away without having a flashlight or some perk that allows you to escape from hooks/grabs or one that gives a huge speed boost when getting hit giving you a miles advantage on the killer. Removing bloodlust will make the game much easier to balance because then other powerful survivor perks can be adjusted to not be so strong against the killer.

    Another big one is the amount of detection there is in the game ruins it making it impossible for players to sneak around and evade and lose the killer in chases or allowing the killer to get the jump on the survivor because of the big red glowing aura in front of the killer. The killer being able to see gen locations is another issue that I have with the game which makes it to easy to patrol them and know where they're at the start of the game. The killer shouldn't know the location of generators and neither should survivors remove those perks from the game on the survivor side so that its balanced.

    I just started playing the game itself but have been watching streamers playing the game for a long time and this is just my observation towards the current state of the game. I support the developers in how far they have come along with it and appreciate all the hard work they do for there game and I wish them a happy 4th anniversary!

  • @Uindangergurl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1375037#Comment_1375037

    ti our a little more information out there. How are the survivors to know if the killer is a camper? Just do gens? It’s a team game and quite frankly a 5 man team game. First survivor goes down, chili which they all run will let him go to a survivor at gen. That survivors off...maybe even gets a hit. Then goes back to hook, another survivor off gen and possibly hit maybe he chases this one. Fourth survivor unhooks...killers aborts chase immediately and goes to unhooked survivor downs them. Chili goes off again....rinse repeat. 60 percent of my matches goes as such. Players are suggesting just leave them on they hook the first time? That’s how you beat a tunneler/camper? Most are suggesting to assume tunneling/camping are a given. I’m sorry but just how it is not fun to face amp as a killer...it’s just as not fun to gen rush and watch your teammates die. You do realize it’s a game? The OP and me having something in common....the world would be a much happier place if everyone behaved as we did.

    also I quoted this post because we are on a thread about tunnneling and camping....and you suggest someone should stop looping, and let you hook them. Uh....in regards to the same logic that you are complaining about survivors discussing camping you state to just stop looping cause it’s wasting your time. What the actual? Where are the killers telling this poster that if you waste five min chasing one see I or you deserve to get gen rushed?

    when I play killer I have two goals. BP and having fun, and Both are increased with not tunneling or camping.

    @joshuashep22 said:

    the amount of triggered killer mains ion this post is both disappointing and amusing, camping and tunnelling is a legitimate strategy sure but why should killers be rewarded for such a scummy strategy that sucks almost all fun from the game, if you camp and tunnel then don't complain when survivors use bt, ds, keys, deliverance, unbreakable and adrenaline

    Exactly. And nevermind the killer one hit wonders...like Devour Hope, the killers and hexes that can mark you and make you exposed, like the two chainsaw wielding killers who can always take you down in one hit... I suppose that's all fair, but the small scale, 5 second window a survivor may gain with DS is totally unfair. Even with DS it only buys you so much time...usually only enough to run a few more steps. Smh. Get real.

  • @Misann0830 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374865#Comment_1374865

    DS is almost literally useless...it's pretty much no different than dropping a pallet to stun. I ran DS to try to combat being tunneled and it is just useless.

    DS is not useless, you are the one being useless.

1 2 3 ›