dS iS aN aNtI-tUnNeL pErK

https://youtu.be/0eXuZ4mnOOY

After the Meg gets unhooked, every survivor gets chased and downed, and one of them is hooked. 59 seconds later, DS still hits. How is this still considered an anti-tunnel perk?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • There is no problem with DS. Its not going to do much mid-game and you may as well just waste it so they can’t use it later on.

    It’s literally god tier when it comes to endgame but as killer you shouldn’t have let it get to endgame in the first place....besides there are counters.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1370374#Comment_1370374

    Being a better player, killer or survivor, makes you the power role. This game is not auto win. It’s a trial.

    I think being a power role killer includes understanding and avoiding being DS’d or just eating the stun and winning despite.

    I’ve always said back before DS was changed not to bother dribbling and just eat the DS as it just removes it from play completely.

  • @ManyAchievables said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1370347#Comment_1370347

    Ah yes, let's buff a meta perk that allows people to get free unhooks and gen progress without much risk.

    Doesn't need a buff but it does need a rework. Like a 15 second timer that doesn't tick down while being chased (and can't be manipulated) then if the killer downs you the timer also pauses until you get picked up or rescued to avoid slugging but also avoid the problem of survivors using it after a long time

  • @w_sohl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371310#Comment_1371310

    LOL, DSed five or six times? What matches are you playing in where this is even remotely possible. The most it could happen in a match is four.

    Also, you don't get away without a scratch with DS. You literally need to be hooked for it to activate. I wouldn't call that without a scratch.

    I was exaggerating, the amount of times I get DS'd four times in a game is overwhelming though. And thats the issue. If I hook you once, you are invincible for a whole minute and if you're playing against smart survivors, you're never able to make that timer tick down at the same time. You're looking at 4 minutes of invincibility throughout the course of a 8-12 minute game. How is that fair in the slightest? Yes you need to get hooked for it to activate, but that still doesn't change the fact that it allows an instant boost of confidence and the ability to challenge the killer, and upon said challenge, you do normally get away scratch free, unless the killer continues to tunnel chase, in which case, gens fly. Once again any perk that allows a survivor to 1v1 a killer in a 1v4 situation is bad design. And adding a timer to that makes it worse. I'd honestly like to see it be a one use exhaustive with no timer or prerequisite. At least that allows them to choose when to use it, giving it a pseudo buff, but also making it so that killers aren't punished for playing around it because they can't really. Honestly I'd appreciate that more.

  • I thought this was already established

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371896#Comment_1371896

    The only problem that I have with ph is that cages activate moris, but not ds. Either the cages should activate ds, or they shouldn't activate moris. Survivor main, btw. Killer mains are the exact same,(Whiny #########) so don't go shaming someone's main because of a stereotype, as both sides can be entitled.

    And y'know what, that's a fair point that I might actually agree with, in the grand scheme of things it's not necessary that moris should activate on PH cages.

    However, that doesn't change the fact that DS is absolutely bullshit, and needs to be changed. Pronto.

  • @w_sohl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371310#Comment_1371310

    LOL, DSed five or six times? What matches are you playing in where this is even remotely possible. The most it could happen in a match is four.

    Also, you don't get away without a scratch with DS. You literally need to be hooked for it to activate. I wouldn't call that without a scratch.

    @w_sohl

    Oh you didn't know? DS makes you invincible, and gives you superman-like powers where no matter how many times a killer swings you will not go down.

    You swing at a survivor and your DS be like....

    Untitled Image


    🤣

  • @bumcheeks1 said:

    https://youtu.be/0eXuZ4mnOOY

    After the Meg gets unhooked, every survivor gets chased and downed, and one of them is hooked. 59 seconds later, DS still hits. How is this still considered an anti-tunnel perk?

    I still don't get why people mainly just play one you've got two sides to a game at the minute killers are way to op when things like noed still exists and it's FREE!

  • @mike1288mccarthy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/163334/ds-is-an-anti-tunnel-perk

    DS is not anti tunneling it's pro slugging, people say it's meta I disagree I believe it's a solid b teir perk because if it's end game you can leave without consequences but if its start or middle of the game it's pretty much useless if you DS a killer and there's still 5 or 4 gens up you wasted your perk sure it gives a second chance but it doesn't stop tunneling and never will since that's the play style devs want I feel the new killer pyramidhead proves that because I've never met a pyramidhead that doesn't tunnel you

    You haven't played against me, I play PH similar to Pig.


    DS is definitely an anti tunnel perk, but there should be things that disable it. For example, hooking another survivor.

  • @rogueplayer00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1372341#Comment_1372341

    I was exaggerating, the amount of times I get DS'd four times in a game is overwhelming though. And thats the issue. If I hook you once, you are invincible for a whole minute and if you're playing against smart survivors, you're never able to make that timer tick down at the same time. You're looking at 4 minutes of invincibility throughout the course of a 8-12 minute game. How is that fair in the slightest? Yes you need to get hooked for it to activate, but that still doesn't change the fact that it allows an instant boost of confidence and the ability to challenge the killer, and upon said challenge, you do normally get away scratch free, unless the killer continues to tunnel chase, in which case, gens fly. Once again any perk that allows a survivor to 1v1 a killer in a 1v4 situation is bad design. And adding a timer to that makes it worse. I'd honestly like to see it be a one use exhaustive with no timer or prerequisite. At least that allows them to choose when to use it, giving it a pseudo buff, but also making it so that killers aren't punished for playing around it because they can't really. Honestly I'd appreciate that more.

    One survivor has that invincibility, not four. If they just got unhooked, that means a survivor without that invisibility is in the area, chase them or chase one of the other two.

    Also, when trying to make an argument, don't exaggerate, it takes away from your point. People focus on the exaggeration and not the point your trying to make. Stick to the facts.

  • @bumcheeks1 On an unrelated note, how are you liking Nurse?

  • @Boss said:

    @bumcheeks1 On an unrelated note, how are you liking Nurse?

    I love Nurse, but I don’t know if I would play her as often anymore without range/cooldown addons. Her base kit nerf was pretty unnecessary, and having a 6 second cooldown on top of fatigue and a huge number of glitches/deadzones can make playing her a headache nowadays. Still, I’d say she’s my only real main in DBD.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1372436#Comment_1372436

    And y'know what, that's a fair point that I might actually agree with, in the grand scheme of things it's not necessary that moris should activate on PH cages.

    However, that doesn't change the fact that DS is absolutely bullshit, and needs to be changed. Pronto.

    I think that it should go inactive after another survivor is hooked, but the timer pauses if you get chased.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    The conditions on DS are so specific that it doesn’t take much to play around it. I hope they buff DS. 60 seconds is too short and five second stun is too short for a one time use perk.

    Exactly!! Perosnally I believe Pop should block the gen for 30 seconds also after the kick.

  • @rogueplayer00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371603#Comment_1371603

    100% you're correct, and I understand that aspect. But none of the above perks except for maybe noed allow the amount of game progression that a SINGLE DS can. An entire chase, wasted, is a lot of time. Yes I understand its to slow the game, but it should slow down other things as well. Your ruin argument, can be immediately destroyed. Devour hope as well. BBQ is wall hacks for 6 seconds. All it is is information, not even chase helping. A survivor can counter all these, while yes technically wasting time, but those are all things the survivors should be doing in the first place. Who cares if I have devour hope if you get three gens done in 2 chase sequences? Because thats what happens. Most SWF's I encounter, and even some random lobbies that throw in red ranks on me (I'm purple, reliably.) Just gen rush too fast for me to keep up. I understand the argument of "it requires skill and practice and its still winnable" but how is it winnable if I'm NOT using those perks? If I'm not using NOED or Devour hope, which by the way your end game chat LIGHTS UP with bad words and slander every time a survivor sees either of them in your pool, even if you win without using NOED there's always that "wow what a crutch perk you stupid killer noob." But if I say DS is a crutch perk, im wrong? And DS isnt strong at all and totally counterable? You realize against a SWF, with comms, and maybe even an OoO, theres nothing you can do. Ruin pops fast. Devour pops fast. Gens still get done, and heals are extremely easy thanks to survivors having extremely easy skill checks. Even with Sloppy, there always seems to be someone who can heal any hit i dish in less than 20 seconds. I stopped playing Nurses and sloppy on ghost face at higher ranks because it just simply doesn't help you win. Counterplay is important. And it shouldn't be punished, on either side. I think totem cleansing should be made a must objective. Imagine if before you exit, you need to cleanse 3 totems. Just 3. Then all the hex perks, would get debuffed, and then we can address perks like DS, or Iron Will, that literally take away a killers ability to progress his own objective. Once again, its 1v4. Not 1v1. One survivor shouldn't be able to just square up with The Executioner, The Trapper, or even Bubba, without consequence. And that's what it does. It allows survivors to win even if they don't deserve to. Its a point system. I have to hook at least 9 times to get all gold. 12 plus other prerequisite to get a perfect game. If I down you twice, you can just take a hook away from me. But I can't take a gen from you. I cant take a totem from you. I cant stop you from your objective, unless I'm chasing you, and that means I can't check the other 3, because its a 1v4, without not committing to the chase, which never allows me a down or hook to begin with. So?

    You are exaggerating the strength of DS and totally dismissing killer perks. If an entire chase is wasted, then the perk did the job. If you tunneled then it is on you. The fact of the matter is killer perks are a million times stronger than survivor perks, there is no killer perk that is a one time use, NONE!

    Your complaints are related to SWF, not ds. Those hex perks don't go instantly in a solo match.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371883#Comment_1371883

    You are exaggerating the strength of DS and totally dismissing killer perks. If an entire chase is wasted, then the perk did the job. If you tunneled then it is on you. The fact of the matter is killer perks are a million times stronger than survivor perks, there is no killer perk that is a one time use, NONE!

    Your complaints are related to SWF, not ds. Those hex perks don't go instantly in a solo match.

    But I don't think they are. Once again, there are no perks that allow me to take a objective based reward away from you. I cant take back a gen, why are you allowed to take back a down? Thats my main issue with it

  • Dwight and Dwight

  • @rogueplayer00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1373812#Comment_1373812

    But I don't think they are. Once again, there are no perks that allow me to take a objective based reward away from you. I cant take back a gen, why are you allowed to take back a down? Thats my main issue with it

    You basically have a wallhack every time you hook someone (A huge reward) and you can remove objective progress with PGTW several times during the match (not just once). This is totally outside the survivors control. Decisive Strike is completely within the killers control - huge difference.

  • @rogueplayer00

    Untitled Image

    A down =/= a gen. You are comparing apples to oranges. Either way, here is a list of some passive effect perks AND built-in mechanics that reward you for simply playing your role.

    Perks:

    • Corrupt Intervention: Literally blocks gens from being repaired at all.

    • Ruin: Literally regresses the generator that you were working on if killer engages a chase.

    • Rancor: Literally gives you a free kill whether you have hooked that person or not.

    Built-In Mechanics:

    • Camping: Leave the hook and go pressure another survivor? Nah. Stick around and get a free down on the person who is already wounded. In fact down them but also use the mechanic below and get you a second survivor on the ground as well. Rinse/Repeat.

    • Slugging: You can virtually force survivors to abort their main objective, and create enough free pressure by simply leaving someone on the floor. Oh and not to mention it counters an entire perk. So you hit two birds with one stone.

    • Bloodlust : Even in the most unsafe areas this built-in passive effect procs. So if a survivor is 'out-playing' you, and you keep whiffing, it doesn't matter, your next swing will reach a hit that you wouldn't have otherwise hit.

    Oh, and the best part about these? You don't slot anything to gain them. You simply have to exist as a killer.

    You're welcome.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    @rogueplayer00

    https://i.gyazo.com/71c867ae8003a138151883c990e5cc4e.png

    A down =/= a gen. You are comparing apples to oranges. Either way, here is a list of some passive effect perks AND built-in mechanics that reward you for simply playing your role.

    Perks:

    • Corrupt Intervention: Literally blocks gens from being repaired at all.

    • Ruin: Literally regresses the generator that you were working on if killer engages a chase.

    • Rancor: Literally gives you a free kill whether you have hooked that person or not.

    Built-In Mechanics:

    • Camping: Leave the hook and go pressure another survivor? Nah. Stick around and get a free down on the person who is already wounded. In fact down them but also use the mechanic below and get you a second survivor on the ground as well. Rinse/Repeat.

    • Slugging: You can virtually force survivors to abort their main objective, and create enough free pressure by simply leaving someone on the floor. Oh and not to mention it counters an entire perk. So you hit two birds with one stone.

    • Bloodlust : Even in the most unsafe areas this built-in passive effect procs. So if a survivor is 'out-playing' you, and you keep whiffing, it doesn't matter, your next swing will reach a hit that you wouldn't have otherwise hit.

    Oh, and the best part about these? You don't slot anything to gain them. You simply have to exist as a killer.

    You're welcome.

    Some of the things you mentioned are imperfect strategys. Say I start slugging and then run to the next survivor, a third survivor can just pick up the survivor a chose to down, thereby completely missing a hook oppurtunity.

    Bloodlust hardly ever gives value, ive seen bloodlust give value maybe like twice in the several months ive experienced of DBD.

    Camping is powerful, in a vacuum, if you are persistent enough you can kill one survivor. However the problem with that is the same problem with choosing to chase a survivor on a loop for several minutes. Each minute that you are wasting time on securing a kill, that is a likely another completed gen.

    Ruin is a hex and the new survivor perk has significantly weakened the power of hexes. Not to mention that Ruin gives no value if you commit to finishing a gen.

  • You play like that’s but complain about a ds this post is laughable

  • @MissKitty95 said:

    You play like that’s but complain about a ds this post is laughable

    Yeah, it sure does suck when someone plays extremely well.

    Please elaborate on "play like that" and explain how he/she "should" play.

    I literally have my popcorn ready.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Imagine slugging everyone because the game allows you to abuse it, but complain about DS after you immediately went back to the hook as soon as someone became unhooked.

    That clip is hilarious.

    how are you so ignorant, if a survivor runs infront of you, should you just let him go?? its not an abuse of game mechanics to slug it punishes survivors for bad positioning dont be so entitled

  • @Kumnut768 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1370990#Comment_1370990

    how are you so ignorant, if a survivor runs infront of you, should you just let him go?? its not an abuse of game mechanics to slug it punishes survivors for bad positioning dont be so entitled

    @Kumnut768

    Did I (anywhere in my response) say you should let a survivor who runs infront of you go? No.

    I am not talking about the strategic scenarios where slugging is warranted. I'm talking about the excessive (unnecessary) slugging. You obviously don't play survivor enough to understand, so maybe you should try it out before you start calling people ignorant.

  • Only people that ever called it that weren't devs. Devs call it anti-momentum. It's not meant to stop you from tunneling. It's meant to stop you from being able to just steam roll people. Don't know why they thought the game needed that, but hey... Can't have the killers kill you too good ig

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374074#Comment_1374074

    Yeah, it sure does suck when someone plays extremely well.

    Please elaborate on "play like that" and explain how he/she "should" play.

    I literally have my popcorn ready.

    Well, for starters, they didn't play all that well. If they had literally just had the forethought to pick ANYONE ELSE up, they wouldn't have gotten DS'd on and wouldn't have a reason to make this ridiculous thread. What's the use of playing so "efficiently" if you can't even keep track of what you're doing at that pace?

    So yes, making this post as though they played flawlessly and DS is the problem is pretty laughable.

  • @Kolonite said:

    Only people that ever called it that weren't devs. Devs call it anti-momentum. It's not meant to stop you from tunneling. It's meant to stop you from being able to just steam roll people. Don't know why they thought the game needed that, but hey... Can't have the killers kill you too good ig

    You don't know why they thought the game needed that (or BT for that matter)? Because they actually want to retain survivors...because they are 80% of this game. If Killers can just hard tunnel everyone out of the game...people would just stop playing. It takes zero skill for Killers to play that way. Why would anyone want to play a losing game against people who don't actually have to have any skill to 'win'? LOL

    DS/BT exists because of killers, not survivors.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374368#Comment_1374368

    You don't know why they thought the game needed that (or BT for that matter)? Because they actually want to retain survivors...because they are 80% of this game. If Killers can just hard tunnel everyone out of the game...people would just stop playing. It takes zero skill for Killers to play that way. Why would anyone want to play a losing game against people who don't actually have to have any skill to 'win'? LOL

    DS/BT exists because of killers, not survivors.

    If they called it an anti-tunnel perk I'd agree. They don't want it to just be anti-tunnel though. It's not tunneling to down and hook another survivor see someone you already hooked and then eat a DS because it was less than sixty seconds. I like BT and think it does it's job. Good perk. DS also does it's job from the developers standpoint. I said I don't get why they thought we needed an anit-momentum perk. Not anti-tunneling. I didn't even say that I didn't like DS being in the game. You just assumed I did because I said I don't get why the devs treat it like it's not anti-tunneling like everyone else does.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374368#Comment_1374368

    You don't know why they thought the game needed that (or BT for that matter)? Because they actually want to retain survivors...because they are 80% of this game. If Killers can just hard tunnel everyone out of the game...people would just stop playing. It takes zero skill for Killers to play that way. Why would anyone want to play a losing game against people who don't actually have to have any skill to 'win'? LOL

    DS/BT exists because of killers, not survivors.

    I hope you don't mind asking but why are you so fixated on tunneling? You are in every thread talking about how killers do nothing but tunnel, tunneling doesn't take any skill and so on.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374082#Comment_1374082

    Well, for starters, they didn't play all that well. If they had literally just had the forethought to pick ANYONE ELSE up, they wouldn't have gotten DS'd on and wouldn't have a reason to make this ridiculous thread. What's the use of playing so "efficiently" if you can't even keep track of what you're doing at that pace?

    So yes, making this post as though they played flawlessly and DS is the problem is pretty laughable.

    image.png

    It was the best play given the match's context (which was obtained by reading the thread).

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374385#Comment_1374385

    I hope you don't mind asking but why are you so fixated on tunneling? You are in every thread talking about how killers do nothing but tunnel, tunneling doesn't take any skill and so on.

    This is a thread about anti-tunnel perks and tunneling? So thats why I'm talking about it here.

    I talk about tunneling often because it's a rampant issue in the game.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374385#Comment_1374385

    If they called it an anti-tunnel perk I'd agree. They don't want it to just be anti-tunnel though. It's not tunneling to down and hook another survivor see someone you already hooked and then eat a DS because it was less than sixty seconds. I like BT and think it does it's job. Good perk. DS also does it's job from the developers standpoint. I said I don't get why they thought we needed an anit-momentum perk. Not anti-tunneling. I didn't even say that I didn't like DS being in the game. You just assumed I did because I said I don't get why the devs treat it like it's not anti-tunneling like everyone else does.

    You said it's meant to stop Killers from steam rolling people...and immediately followed it by you dont know why devs thought the game needed that. I'm still confused how you don't know why developers wouldnt want Killers to be able to steam roll people. Everything in my previous statements stands...if you want to argue semantics and replace the word "tunnel" with "steam roll" because thats a better word in your book, by all means, do so. LOL

    I didn't assume anything. I just don't see how you could say in one sentence that it's meant to not allow Killers to steam roll people...and then the very next sentence say you don't know why the game would need that...its pretty obvious.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374403#Comment_1374403

    This is a thread about anti-tunnel perks and tunneling? So thats why I'm talking about it here.

    I talk about tunneling often because it's a rampant issue in the game.

    Yeah I understand it in this thread but I remember you from several threads talking about tunneling. Where it is so rampant issue that you dedicate so much time and effort to comment on it so much? I'm on PC EU and I hardly get tunneled.

  • Ive just accepted that some games I get tunneled as a survivor and some games as killer im getting rolled and have to try to at least get a kill. The sooner you can do that the better your experience will be

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374394#Comment_1374394

    You said it's meant to stop Killers from steam rolling people...and immediately followed it by you dont know why devs thought the game needed that. I'm still confused how you don't know why developers wouldnt want Killers to be able to steam roll people. Everything in my previous statements stands...if you want to argue semantics and replace the word "tunnel" with "steam roll" because thats a better word in your book, by all means, do so. LOL

    I didn't assume anything. I just don't see how you could say in one sentence that it's meant to not allow Killers to steam roll people...and then the very next sentence say you don't know why the game would need that...its pretty obvious.

    If a myers downs your whole team with one tier 3 and hooks you all he deserves the win. You got steam rolled. Someone kobes off and everyone gets unhooked and then has 60 seconds of immunity and gets to DS isn't anti-tunneling. It's anti-momentum like the devs want it to be. If you get steam rolled like that you deserve it. Tunneling isn't steam rolling. Tunneling is focusing one survivor until they're out of the game. I think DS is fine and has it's place, but it's not purely anti-tunneling. Don't act like it is lmao. Steam roll means you are ######### ruining the whole team. Tunneling isn't that. You want it to be that because you're so caught up with your campaign against tunneling that everyone that says anything about DS is for tunneling lmao. So, actually... You assumed a whole lot, bud. LOL

  • No it wasn't.

    She knew the Meg had JUST gotten off the hook. It would have been far more intelligent to pick one of the other two survivors up first. If she had, she wouldn't have been hit with DS and would have avoided at least one unbreakable. Just because Meg COULD HAVE had unbreakable, she ignored the fact that she OBVIOUSLY had DS. LOL This killer just made a mistake and paid for it.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374440#Comment_1374440

    Yeah I understand it in this thread but I remember you from several threads talking about tunneling. Where it is so rampant issue that you dedicate so much time and effort to comment on it so much? I'm on PC EU and I hardly get tunneled.

    I'm on PC NA-West and its almost every match, especially if it's the new killer. To be specific, it's most prominent in the evening, although I'm not sure why that is...less little kids? LOL idk. And I talk about it so much because these forums and the main PC DBD fb group I was on are both majority Killer players voicing their opinion. Survivors need a voice. I advocate for the survivor perspective most of the time. People should understand that ruining other people's matches on purpose ruins the game for everyone. This is an important issue.

  • https://youtu.be/4OoH3ia08RU

    For anyone curious, here’s the video of the full match (the DS hits at 8:00).

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374452#Comment_1374452

    I'm on PC NA-West and its almost every match, especially if it's the new killer. To be specific, it's most prominent in the evening, although I'm not sure why that is...less little kids? LOL idk. And I talk about it so much because these forums and the main PC DBD fb group I was on are both majority Killer players voicing their opinion. Survivors need a voice. I advocate for the survivor perspective most of the time. People should understand that ruining other people's matches on purpose ruins the game for everyone. This is an important issue.

    On purpose? Killer trying to win is ruining peoples matches? Same could be said for 4-man swat teams if we want to go down this road. That could be seen as ruining the match for killer, do you agree?

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374470#Comment_1374470

    On purpose? Killer trying to win is ruining peoples matches? Same could be said for 4-man swat teams if we want to go down this road. That could be seen as ruining the match for killer, do you agree?

    Whenever i play as a killer I punish poor decisions. If you unhook someone in front of me I’m going to do what the game encourages me to do, which is to kill the unhooked person.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374470#Comment_1374470

    On purpose? Killer trying to win is ruining peoples matches? Same could be said for 4-man swat teams if we want to go down this road. That could be seen as ruining the match for killer, do you agree?

    To say that Killers who camp/tunnel are trying to win is kind of a fallacy. Often times face camping/tunneling doesn't lead to what most people would consider a win: an up pip or a near perfect game or even a 4k. Instead, it just ruins someone else's match while ignoring actual game play. If a Killer was intended to camp a hook and smack and injured survivor right off of it, there wouldn't be 4 emblems in this game meant to entice killers into doing other things: like patting gens, finding new survivors, chasing, hitting people, and hooking other survivors multiple times. Unfortunately, for too many people, a "win" has nothing to do with challenging themselves to play well or skillfully, nor does it have anything to do with points/pips...too many people find their 'win' in just ruining the game for other people - even if it means they do poorly by game standard. And thats a problem.

    And no, the same cannot be said for a 4-man SWAT team. For starters - stats show a 4-man SWAT team is the least likely team you're going to play...nearly every match I play consists of camping/tunneling/slugging. When it doesn't, its actually so note worthy I usually end up thanking the Killer just for playing fair - even when I die - which is sad. Its sad that it has become noteworthy when Killers just have skill to legitimately death hook survivors. The only 4-man SWAT you need to even be concerned about is a red rank...camping/tunneling/slugging can be used as a cheap method of killing people on any killer, at any rank, and takes no skill to implement. Secondly, a 4-person SWAT team still can't do anything as toxic as a Killer of their skill level. A killer has literally taken me out of a game in 2 minutes and rendered less than 2k pts thanks to terrible spawn RNG, a ######### teammate who teamed with the Killer, and an ebony mori. The only person who could have ensured that didn't happen to me WAS the Killer...but we all know what they chose to do.

    It is the laziest, weakest, least skillful way to play DBD. Hands down. There is no challenge in coming right back to an off-hook and downing someone with no recourse. Especially today. This game has never been easier for Killers than it is right now. And because of that, this style of game play is even more of a detriment than ever.

    Also, 4-person teams don't perform that much better than random solo teams. They are harder to deal with because they are more coordinated, but statistically they are not escaping all that more often than random teams. So what Killers are feeling is more pressure in match in order to get their kills...not really much in the way of an actual significant difference in survival rates.

    I agree that SWAT teams are frustrating. But they don't have nearly the toolset to be as toxic in game. And they are experienced way less frequently than survivors experience camping and tunneling - especially right now.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374385#Comment_1374385

    I hope you don't mind asking but why are you so fixated on tunneling? You are in every thread talking about how killers do nothing but tunnel, tunneling doesn't take any skill and so on.

    @hahahillbillygobroom

    Because threads like these get brought up on the daily.

    This is killer's mentality:

    "We want DS nerfed!"

    ALSO Killers...

    "But we want to keep tunneling and camping like we're used to doing."

    Sorry but as imperfect as DS and Unbreakable might seem. It is alleviating some of the abuse that can be done with Tunneling and Camping.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374489#Comment_1374489

    To say that Killers who camp/tunnel are trying to win is kind of a fallacy. Often times face camping/tunneling doesn't lead to what most people would consider a win: an up pip or a near perfect game or even a 4k. Instead, it just ruins someone else's match while ignoring actual game play. If a Killer was intended to camp a hook and smack and injured survivor right off of it, there wouldn't be 4 emblems in this game meant to entice killers into doing other things: like patting gens, finding new survivors, chasing, hitting people, and hooking other survivors multiple times. Unfortunately, for too many people, a "win" has nothing to do with challenging themselves to play well or skillfully, nor does it have anything to do with points/pips...too many people find their 'win' in just ruining the game for other people - even if it means they do poorly by game standard. And thats a problem.

    And no, the same cannot be said for a 4-man SWAT team. For starters - stats show a 4-man SWAT team is the least likely team you're going to play...nearly every match I play consists of camping/tunneling/slugging. When it doesn't, its actually so note worthy I usually end up thanking the Killer just for playing fair - even when I die - which is sad. Its sad that it has become noteworthy when Killers just have skill to legitimately death hook survivors. The only 4-man SWAT you need to even be concerned about is a red rank...camping/tunneling/slugging can be used as a cheap method of killing people on any killer, at any rank, and takes no skill to implement. Secondly, a 4-person SWAT team still can't do anything as toxic as a Killer of their skill level. A killer has literally taken me out of a game in 2 minutes and rendered less than 2k pts thanks to terrible spawn RNG, a ######### teammate who teamed with the Killer, and an ebony mori. The only person who could have ensured that didn't happen to me WAS the Killer...but we all know what they chose to do.

    It is the laziest, weakest, least skillful way to play DBD. Hands down. There is no challenge in coming right back to an off-hook and downing someone with no recourse. Especially today. This game has never been easier for Killers than it is right now. And because of that, this style of game play is even more of a detriment than ever.

    Also, 4-person teams don't perform that much better than random solo teams. They are harder to deal with because they are more coordinated, but statistically they are not escaping all that more often than random teams. So what Killers are feeling is more pressure in match in order to get their kills...not really much in the way of an actual significant difference in survival rates.

    I agree that SWAT teams are frustrating. But they don't have nearly the toolset to be as toxic in game. And they are experienced way less frequently than survivors experience camping and tunneling - especially right now.

    There are so many biased opinions in this comment it is just best to leave it be.

  • This is why I'm saving loads of moris on any killer I get to P3. It'll be my "DS insurance" so I don't have to deal with stuff like this. Anyone who gives me crap for using probably the most powerful killer tool will just get told the same thing that people who hate DS are told "I need it to counter this certain type of playstyle, just play better it's so easily counterable."

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374530#Comment_1374530

    There are so many biased opinions in this comment it is just best to leave it be.

    There really aren't though. But you're welcome to let it be, if you'd like. :)

  • @Huff said:

    This is why I'm saving loads of moris on any killer I get to P3. It'll be my "DS insurance" so I don't have to deal with stuff like this. Anyone who gives me crap for using probably the most powerful killer tool will just get told the same thing that people who hate DS are told "I need it to counter this certain type of playstyle, just play better it's so easily counterable."

    A Mori and DS are two different things. A Mori ends that players game, DS doesn't end the killers game, it just extends a chase.

  • @bumcheeks1 said:

    https://youtu.be/4OoH3ia08RU

    For anyone curious, here’s the video of the full match (the DS hits at 8:00).

    So all this whining about DS and you got a 4k? Boo ######### hoo, it took you a minute longer to get your 4k.

  • @w_sohl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374624#Comment_1374624

    A Mori and DS are two different things. A Mori ends that players game, DS doesn't end the killers game, it just extends a chase.

    It's mostly supposed to be sarcastic. But I really am gonna save moris up just as "insurance." I'm not the kinda person to just mori off first hook but you can definitely tell when some people are trying to play like a jerk, and that's who they'll be for. :^)

1 2 3 ›