Could a dev tell how much longer console players have to wait for the console optimization?

I think I reached my limit just now for playing killer. I can't handle the FPS drops anymore. FPS drops when bloodlusting, when a gen is done, when the survivor makes a 360 etc. In addition I get so frustrated because the grabs have been bugged about 5 or 6 months now..?

It's just so crazy that you get mad during a match not because of survivors or their behaviour or if the match is going bad but because the game just doesn't perform like it's supposed to and robbs you of your earned hits/grabs/hooks.

So I'm just going to stick to playing survivor until the optimization comes. One killer less I guess.

Comments

  • From my experience optimization is ######### for both sides

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    From my experience optimization is ######### for both sides

    Yup,pc isn't any better. My one sounds like a jet while playing.

  • I think at this point were sol. New consoles are coming in a few months, why devote resources to fixing that when it wont be a problem soon anyway

  • Yeah I play on a Xbox One X and the frame drops are so so so bad at times. It doesn't matter what role I'm on.

    Survivor? Hit by any status effect!? Enjoy your negative frames. Especially if it's sloppy butcher or Freddy putting you to sleep.

    Decided to play killer? Enjoy your zero FPS when you bloodlust or when an active totem is broken or when you do most of your basic killer abilities.

    It's laughable honestly. I don't know how they got it running but I truly hope they fix it soon.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    From my experience optimization is ######### for both sides

    Yes, the drops happen on survivor side too but less often and it ain't as punishing compared to killer.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I think at this point were sol. New consoles are coming in a few months, why devote resources to fixing that when it wont be a problem soon anyway

    Well they should because the transition to next gen consoles will not happen in one night, especially if their price is over 550 EUR/USD as speculated. As a customer I think they are obligated to offer a product that performs as it should.

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    Yeah I play on a Xbox One X and the frame drops are so so so bad at times. It doesn't matter what role I'm on.

    Survivor? Hit by any status effect!? Enjoy your negative frames. Especially if it's sloppy butcher or Freddy putting you to sleep.

    Decided to play killer? Enjoy your zero FPS when you bloodlust or when an active totem is broken or when you do most of your basic killer abilities.

    It's laughable honestly. I don't know how they got it running but I truly hope they fix it soon.

    Sounds too familiar.

  • Something is definitely off with the servers lately

  • The frames are really that bad on console? Right now im playing on a $350, 3 years old laptop and i am playing with 30-35 fps with 0 res and low graphics.

    I was thinking to get a ps4 or an xbox one since the new consoles are making their entrance in a few months, so this generation will cost less, but i think i am gonna buy a SH pc or something, for 300 bucks i will be able to play this game with 60+ fps, ultra graphics, 1080p.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    Something is definitely off with the servers lately

    Think so too. When i try to hook a survivor i cant do anything and only moving to the side for 5 seconds. Or i down someone and he teleports a few meters. Thats especially funny when sounds are still broken, good luck finding the survivor... And yeah all the fps drops, the broken mm and other bugs will take away the fun. It makes it really hard to belive in the devs

  • @BeHasU said:

    The frames are really that bad on console? Right now im playing on a $350, 3 years old laptop and i am playing with 30-35 fps with 0 res and low graphics.

    I was thinking to get a ps4 or an xbox one since the new consoles are making their entrance in a few months, so this generation will cost less, but i think i am gonna buy a SH pc or something, for 300 bucks i will be able to play this game with 60+ fps, ultra graphics, 1080p.

    They are really that bad. You are better off sticking to PC when playing DBD. As for other games I can recommend console. No other (online) game performs this poorly. No problems with Hunt, For Honor, Resistance, Star Wars Battlefront, CoD etc. Only DBD. :(

  • @HulkHodn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1353518#Comment_1353518

    Think so too. When i try to hook a survivor i cant do anything and only moving to the side for 5 seconds. Or i down someone and he teleports a few meters. Thats especially funny when sounds are still broken, good luck finding the survivor... And yeah all the fps drops, the broken mm and other bugs will take away the fun. It makes it really hard to belive in the devs

    We will have to wait till they crank up the server speed

  • @immortalls96 said:

    Something is definitely off with the servers lately

    It certainly feels like it. I can't say how many times the game won't let me drop a pallet. Among a myriad of other problems.

  • I've been playing on console since the release 3 years ago. Since then, the performance on console got steadily worse.

    Let's look at it from a realistic point of view: If the devs wanted to and/or knew how to fix the performance issues, they would have done it by now.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1353518#Comment_1353518

    It certainly feels like it. I can't say how many times the game won't let me drop a pallet. Among a myriad of other problems.

    Same, it's very odd

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    I've been playing on console since the release 3 years ago. Since then, the performance on console got steadily worse.

    Let's look at it from a realistic point of view: If the devs wanted to and/or knew how to fix the performance issues, they would have done it by now.

    Yeah, I have been thinking that too but still try to be hopeful. It's just baffling that BHVR is doing so well and they have the money and resources to hire coders to fix the game but for some reason bit just gets worse.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    I've been playing on console since the release 3 years ago. Since then, the performance on console got steadily worse.

    Let's look at it from a realistic point of view: If the devs wanted to and/or knew how to fix the performance issues, they would have done it by now.

    Agreed. I haven't played as long as you. But the decline has been pretty clear.

  • I play exclusively on the console and my ps4 lags about every fourth game. Not terribly mind you, but its enough that a survivor is usually able to crawl away to tall grass while my killer is still staring in a daze into the distance.

    Generally though my game runs fine and any displeasing of the entity is just my own terrible murder skills.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    I've been playing on console since the release 3 years ago. Since then, the performance on console got steadily worse.

    Let's look at it from a realistic point of view: If the devs wanted to and/or knew how to fix the performance issues, they would have done it by now.

    I remember that after the introduction of the EGC update the frame rate got WAY better, but after that it has gone from bad to worse, I hope they do something in the updates to come because it just gets tiresome after a time.

  • I play on Xbox, and while i notice some performance issues here and there I've never found them to prevent me from playing the game, until the last month or so. As survivor, I have far too often been hit by a killer who seems to be 20+ meters away. As a killer, and I've only noticed this recently, I'll be chasing someone and about to hit them when they vanish instantly and end up somewhere behind me. But it's pretty infrequent. Well, the second thing. The first thing happens a lot.

  • @Seiji212 said:

    I play on Xbox, and while i notice some performance issues here and there I've never found them to prevent me from playing the game, until the last month or so. As survivor, I have far too often been hit by a killer who seems to be 20+ meters away. As a killer, and I've only noticed this recently, I'll be chasing someone and about to hit them when they vanish instantly and end up somewhere behind me. But it's pretty infrequent. Well, the second thing. The first thing happens a lot.

    That first problem sounds more like issues with dedicated servers. The second one though happens to me when a survivor makes a 360 and my frames drop more often than not and makes me miss my hit even when I adapt to it at that moment. Add the infamous "aim dressing" to that and you feel like a fool.

  • @BeHasU said:

    The frames are really that bad on console? Right now im playing on a $350, 3 years old laptop and i am playing with 30-35 fps with 0 res and low graphics.

    I was thinking to get a ps4 or an xbox one since the new consoles are making their entrance in a few months, so this generation will cost less, but i think i am gonna buy a SH pc or something, for 300 bucks i will be able to play this game with 60+ fps, ultra graphics, 1080p.

    Don't do it...... I changed to pc for fps reasons, a 360 will make your fps drop to like 10fps, when you get BL you just teleport a little bit, not really worth it unless you have friends you want to play with on console

  • I started playing on PS4, then went to PC. Trying to go back to PS4 though is terrible. The difference the low and inconsistent FPS makes, particularly when playing killer is really noticable. Survviors know they can exploit 360s on console, and will do so, to lose the killer/make them whiff their attack. This just doesn't hapen on PC, because you can track them much more easily.

    I usually prefer console gaming, but I've given up trying to play DBD on PS4. BHVR said back in March 2019 they'd be targeting 60 fps on console, but have been quiet about it since. I think either they just don't know how to do it, or the development resources aren't being sufficiently allocated to fixing the poor performance (and bugs that affect all platforms).

  • @Loner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1353460#Comment_1353460

    Yup,pc isn't any better. My one sounds like a jet while playing.

    Nah, PC is like 100 times better unless you're running this on a brick. Unless you've exclusively played this game on PS4 for years, you won't know how huge of a difference it is to not have pausing before every action as killer, to not actually lose so much momentum to fps drops that cause survivors to basically disappear between frames.

    It's absolutely horrible as killer on console, on PC I've had such a better experience.

  • Hoping its coming soon

  • @Hugs4trapdad said:

    I started playing on PS4, then went to PC. Trying to go back to PS4 though is terrible. The difference the low and inconsistent FPS makes, particularly when playing killer is really noticable. Survviors know they can exploit 360s on console, and will do so, to lose the killer/make them whiff their attack. This just doesn't hapen on PC, because you can track them much more easily.

    I usually prefer console gaming, but I've given up trying to play DBD on PS4. BHVR said back in March 2019 they'd be targeting 60 fps on console, but have been quiet about it since. I think either they just don't know how to do it, or the development resources aren't being sufficiently allocated to fixing the poor performance (and bugs that affect all platforms).

    My thoughts exactly. Couldn't agree with you more. It's actually very unfair that a survivor can exploit a performance problem of the game to win and intentionally cause the FPS drops for the killer if they want to.

  • @Hugs4trapdad said:

    I started playing on PS4, then went to PC. Trying to go back to PS4 though is terrible. The difference the low and inconsistent FPS makes, particularly when playing killer is really noticable. Survviors know they can exploit 360s on console, and will do so, to lose the killer/make them whiff their attack. This just doesn't hapen on PC, because you can track them much more easily.

    I usually prefer console gaming, but I've given up trying to play DBD on PS4. BHVR said back in March 2019 they'd be targeting 60 fps on console, but have been quiet about it since. I think either they just don't know how to do it, or the development resources aren't being sufficiently allocated to fixing the poor performance (and bugs that affect all platforms).

    My thoughts exactly. Couldn't agree with you more. It's actually very unfair that a survivor can exploit a performance problem of the game to win and intentionally cause the FPS drops for the killer if they want to.

    I posted this comment before but it disappeared after I edited out a typo.

    And about that march 2019 talk/promise about the 60fps, I think it's quite rude from BHVR to ignore a very large portion of their player base for OVER A YEAR and not give any information. In their satisfaction surveys I have always given them critic about their communication with the community. I think it's time for console players to start demanding answers.

    Isn't there some way to tag a dev member in this forum?