Taking all bets! Which characters are LGBT and which are heterosexual?

Figured I might as well try to lighten the mood with a fun, light-hearted thread.

Since the devs are now going to "out" everyone's orientations, who do you think is heterosexual, who do you think is homosexual, who do you think is bisexual, and who do you think is asexual? Keep in mind this will likely only apply to original characters, not licensed ones.

I don't think any characters are going to be bisexual or asexual because they're usually forgotten in the media.

I'll return to this thread in several hours to comment whom I think will be what and read all your replies. If you see someone going off-topic or being an #########, please ignore them so we can have a fun conversation about this.

PS: If you're someone who "doesn't care", why are you even in this thread?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @OniKobayashi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1347949#Comment_1347949

    So being a leader of a group that consists of only one sex constitutes being a homo? I don't see the connection. Majority of my friends are guys, but I'm as straight as a steel backed ruler (not counting degenerate fetishes). I'm pretty sure 99% of my male friends all have had girlfriends too.

    Yui is probably a lesbian though. However, Deathslinger probably not.

    I already explained why I think deathslinger is gay, and its not only because he was the leader of the hellshire gang

  • @Orion said:

    Figured I might as well try to lighten the mood with a fun, light-hearted thread.

    Since the devs are now going to "out" everyone's orientations, who do you think is heterosexual, who do you think is homosexual, who do you think is bisexual, and who do you think is asexual? Keep in mind this will likely only apply to original characters, not licensed ones.

    I don't think any characters are going to be bisexual or asexual because they're usually forgotten in the media.

    I'll return to this thread in several hours to comment whom I think will be what and read all your replies. If you see someone going off-topic or being an #########, please ignore them so we can have a fun conversation about this.

    PS: If you're someone who "doesn't care", why are you even in this thread?

    All of them are actually catholic purists, even the killers, so none of them have thoughts of sex and they all go to entity church on sunday.

  • Dwight and David have already been confirmed to be straight. Dwight is crushing on a woman and David had an ex-girlfriend.

    Before you say, oh but they could be bi or closeted. Wrong. The devs specifically apologized in their tweet for putting their characters in "heterosexual" relationships thus far. That means they wrote David and Dwight as heterosexual.

    I don't believe they're going to go back and change that, but be more inclusive to their characters in the future. If that makes sense.

  • @BubbaMain64 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/160550/taking-all-bets-which-characters-are-lgbt-and-which-are-heterosexual

    All of them are actually catholic purists, even the killers, so none of them have thoughts of sex and they all go to entity church on sunday.

    But... I go to Entity Church every other day... and there's ALWAYS human sacrifice and orgies happening...

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1354371#Comment_1354371

    Dwight and David have already been confirmed to be straight. Dwight is crushing on a woman and David had an ex-girlfriend.

    Before you say, oh but they could be bi or closeted. Wrong. The devs specifically apologized in their tweet for putting their characters in "heterosexual" relationships thus far. That means they wrote David and Dwight as heterosexual.

    I don't believe they're going to go back and change that, but be more inclusive to their characters in the future. If that makes sense.

    Literally nowhere in Dwights lore did it confirm him to be straight. They specifically referred to Rose as Dwights friend. Not sure where you got the whole crushing thing from.

    Also are you saying that bisexual people can’t be in heterosexual relationships? Being in a heterosexual relationship doesn’t define your sexuality. Just because David had an ex girlfriend doesn’t mean he can’t be bi.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1354726#Comment_1354726

    Literally nowhere in Dwights lore did it confirm him to be straight. They specifically referred to Rose as Dwights friend. Not sure where you got the whole crushing thing from.

    Also are you saying that bisexual people can’t be in heterosexual relationships? Being in a heterosexual relationship doesn’t define your sexuality. Just because David had an ex girlfriend doesn’t mean he can’t be bi.

    No, I said exactly what the devs said. They apologized for writing all of their characters thus far as heterosexual.

    I took this as them writing David as heterosexual. I believe they had no intention of him being bi when they created his ex girlfriend. I can't read their minds, but I don't believe they wrote him as bisexual, or there wouldn't be much of an incline for them to opologize for writing their characters as heterosexual in the first place, as they themselves worded. Regardless, we won't get any more David lore for a while so I guess we'll just wait and see.

    Also, I wasn't the one who said Dwight is crushing on Rose. That's come from multiple people on the forums who has stated it, Not sayin they're right, just telling you what I've seen. But I also kind of get the feeling that Mathiue (I think I spelled it wrong) sees himself in Dwight. The fact that Dwight and Jane recently got matching hats also seems to elude to his relationship with Patricia. Also, the fact that Dwight is "crushing" on Rose who is a co-worker confirms it for me too. Seems like Mathiue and Patricia sprinkling a little bit of their relationship into Dwight and Jane.

    I'm not stating any of this as a fact. It's just my observation from their tweet and the lore we got thus far.

    (I shouldn't have worded my original post as a fact, I don't believe it is, it's simply my opinion.)

  • @Buttercake said:

    Well, not LGBTQIA+ but,,

    behaviour says these folks are 'Easy' 😒

    Dwight

    Meg

    Claudette

    Ace

    Feng

    Kate

    Ash

    Nancy

    Steve

    Laurie and Bill are the only ones hard to get.

    What do they mean by easy I'm genuinely confused? Also could you link where this was said if it's not a bother.

  • This is something that should never be made canon. It's both more fun to watch the shippers get mad at each other over it, and no one should care about such a small part of what makes someone who they are.

  • What's sexual orientation got to do with a video game ffs ....

    Embarrassing that they feel the need to reveal that aspec. What's next? Preferred political party? 🤦‍♂️

  • @OriginalSunnyPlace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1353937#Comment_1353937

    What do they mean by easy I'm genuinely confused? Also could you link where this was said if it's not a bother.

    "Easy" refers to the difficulty shown in-game. It's a joke.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1354279#Comment_1354279

    It’s really not that shocking if you’ve ever actually met a gay person or been to a gay event or gone out to a gay club. “Macho” gay dudes are more common than you think you just don’t realize because you look at them and assume they’re straight. In fact there’s this whole thing called masc4masc on a lot of gay dating sites but that’s another topic for another conversation.

    Not that shocking but they think they're bein shocking by doin it. Ya kinda missed the point.

  • This is a game about killers killing survivors you think michael whos killed males and females and kids would really have a sexual orientation? This is like the dumbest thing bhvrs done in my opinion.

  • Nea is Transexual or a Lesbian.

    Yui is a Lesbian.

    Claudette is Asexual.

    Zafina Zarina is Pan.

    Adam might be gay. Highly unlikely.

    No Killer is Gay or Trans. Spirit is Bi.


    Edit: I forgot about Susie!

    She's Pan AF.

    Edit 2: Forgot the Clown. He's just sexual. He doesn't discriminate. He sucks on anyone's finger.


    Everyone else is Straight.

    David might be Bi or in-the-closet gay. But I doubt it.

    Kate + Jeff is revealed as being totally canon.

  • @ggallinftw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1354674#Comment_1354674

    Not that shocking but they think they're bein shocking by doin it. Ya kinda missed the point.

    What is your point exactly? I already explained to you why David being revealed as Bi wouldn’t be that shocking to most people so the idea of BHVR doing it for shock value doesn’t make any sense.

  • Gay - Evan, Joey

    Lesbian - Zarina, Anna, Adiris

    Bi - Nea, Ace, David King, Yui, Jeff, Sally, Rin, Frank, Susie, Danny, Kazan

    Straight - Jake, Dwight, Meg, Claudette, Feng Quentin, Kate, Adam, Jane, Philip, Max, Lisa, Herman, Bubba, Jeffrey, Julie, Caleb

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356675#Comment_1356675

    What is your point exactly? I already explained to you why David being revealed as Bi wouldn’t be that shocking to most people so the idea of BHVR doing it for shock value doesn’t make any sense.

    You just answered your own question.

  • Devs - We're going to out every survivors sexuality.

    Devs - All survivors are straight

    Some of you that are excited, I'm sorry but I think this would be funny.

    I think you have to be careful with this. I can see lot's of people here stereotyping which each sexuality survivors look like and it's not long until we see angry killers picking on Dwight's for example because he's not what the person playing killer wanted him to be.

    If the Devs do come out with this then they should understand what problems may crop up. Dbd isn't exactly the most friendly community, although I would say it's probably a lot more tolerant that others.

    If I was a dev I would just let each player interpret the survivors character for themselves. Leave little hints at possible truths but never confirm them. Rather than being "this Dwight guy you play, well btw he's the gay male survivor with glasses"

    Imagine how heartbroken people would be if Dwight was straight. Letting things be a mystery is a good way to leave it imo.

  • Forum user: Ash Williams is obviously gay.

    Me: You do realise he's a licensed character from an actual movie, he actually has intercourse with women all the time.

    Forum user: No no no He's gay trust me.

    Me: Welp... I guess he is then.

  • Susie is definitely lesbian, that’s the only opinion I have

  • @Orion said:

    Figured I might as well try to lighten the mood with a fun, light-hearted thread.

    Since the devs are now going to "out" everyone's orientations, who do you think is heterosexual, who do you think is homosexual, who do you think is bisexual, and who do you think is asexual? Keep in mind this will likely only apply to original characters, not licensed ones.

    I don't think any characters are going to be bisexual or asexual because they're usually forgotten in the media.

    I'll return to this thread in several hours to comment whom I think will be what and read all your replies. If you see someone going off-topic or being an #########, please ignore them so we can have a fun conversation about this.

    PS: If you're someone who "doesn't care", why are you even in this thread?

    Eveey character is homo and every is heterosexual but most importantly they are all rabits for huntress.

    Don't know why characters had to stand out aa homo not homo or what ever if you feel that they should be homo then they are if they not then they are not....

  • If any LGBTQIA+ thread is gonna persist, it's gonna be this one.

  • When I start caring who or what someone has sex with will be a day I know i need to reevaluate my life. When I start caring who or what a made up video game or cartoon character has made up sex with will be a day I know I need to end it.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1352806#Comment_1352806

    I think it just stems from it not being as common. Being LGBT already makes up about 5% of the population (from what I've heard).

    I personally don't see David as bisexual or gay. He seems like a straight gay, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Yes he's butch and tough, but that doesn't really mean Meg is a lesbian or bi for being the same way either if that makes sense.

    My own boyfriend is completely masculine, you'd never be able to tell he was gay. I'm the exact opposite, I'm pretty feminine and most people can tell right away. However, from my experience, a good chunk of over 50% I would say (I haven't done research, that's just my observation) of gay or bisexual men posses some feminine qualities. Not all of course, but it seems few and far between.

    From my observation, David seems like the most masculine you can get out of our male roster, while it's entirely possible for him to be bi, based on all my previous information I just assume he's straight. The devs could surprise us though. However, seeing as the fact that his tome is already passed, it'll likely be a long while before we get more David lore.

    Yui on the other hand, she seems like the perfect candidate to be bisexual. She has her feminine qualities but also participates and in and enjoys what is a mostly male-oriented sport. Perhaps that's even more of a stereotype. I just think she'd be a really good icon or representation of that group.

    TLDR - Stereotypes aren't as bad as people make them out to be. The more the characters is like themselves, the more attached to them they will be. But anything is possible, however it is unlikely we'll get more lore for our previous characters until all the rest have gone through their tomes.

    This. I think I personally fall pretty close to the "straight gay". I'm 100% gay, but I don't act like it and I don't talk like it - So really you'd never really know unless you asked me or I told you.

    And also, just as a pointer ... Just because [someone] may have had a fling with a girl/guy (opposite/same sex) doesn't truly define a character's sexuality. You have to remember that almost (not saying literally) everyone experiments at least some point in their life. There are also those closeted gay/bisexual people who "pretend" to be straight and even establish straight relationships because they can't accept their true sexuality.

    So all of this being said - Anything's possible. But I'm still highly believable that Dwight is gay/bi.

1 2 3 4 ›