Do you use DBD as an escape?
Do you play the game in order to 'forget about it all'.
Playing DBD can make for a rather frustrating experience at times. But with all the crap going on and the hysterical squealing on the news and social media etc it's good to escape with DBD and a nice cold beer.
I have work and responsibilities etc, so I can't spend an entire day on the game, so time in the fog is limited.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Yep. Current events have me stressed, and I'm still on lock down, not to mention all the hubabaloo of life in general. I'm glad to have found DBD when I did back in Feb, because it's hard for me to find games where I want to throw myself into them. It has to meet a lot of factors to keep my interest like that. In fact, I originally just bought it so my husband and I could play. He's never been a big gamer, and it has been my mission to get him into something besides cards for years. It worked, and now I play survivor with him, and killer when he's not around.
Nope.
Ironically, playing dead by daylight allows me to forget about the darkness going on in the world so I can find some fun. The media has an annoying habit of portraying false and exaggerated negativity all over social media, it's very annoying. So dead by daylight is my escapism.
Using DBD as an escape to forget the fact that we live inside a simulation? Yeah.
Yeah but if I start chasing people with chainsaws I'll get in trouble! ๐ฅ
Only when playing survivor!
See what I did there?
๐
This game isn't for relieving stress.. in fact, it makes you more stressful than you already are..
I never quite understood the concept of an "escape" in this context anyway, so I guess not.
Sometimes. Especially after hard grind in other games but I always quickly realize that I can't chill in DBD in it's current state. Quite opposite. Maybe If I would play killer for memes but that's rather boring
this is one of the few games i dont use as an escape, because this game is one of the most stressful games i play.
kinda. when I do a lot of stressful school work and stuff, I head to dead by daylight to just distract my brain from everything. So I guess, yes.
No, the amount that i play has largely not changed, and i prefer to accept the world, no matter its state.
Though i generally avoid social media anyway, especially Twitter.
I've been hating myself a lot since quarantine started. On most days, I just feel like garbage and I can't even bring myself to do school work. I'm starting to hate the people I'm stuck inside with, and they're my actual family...
Seriously, I'm just struggling to keep going, and honestly Dead By Daylight isn't exactly helping me. Maybe I should just take a break, play other games, and come back once quarantine is over, but right now I'm not having an amazing time in life, with or without DBD.
the last reason I would play this game is to relieve stress.
DBD is not a game I'd recommend for relieving stress, and I think people misconstrued escape = stress relief, lol. It's good for making you forget about your surroundings temporarily, but yeah this game probably isn't good for someone in your shoes.
Stardew Valley, Don't Starve Together, 100% Orange Juice, Sniper Elite -- these are good destressors. I hope you feel better man and find something that takes your mind off things.
I wouldn't say DBD is a valid form of relaxation therapy, it's more like something more fun to occupy your time. When I play DBD, I usually forget about any trivia issues. And the odd occupying beer helps ๐บ
With all the ######### that has gone on and still goes on in my life, yep, I use it as an escape.
Id say DBD has been my escape for almost 3 years now i just enjoy being able to get away from current events and get lost in the fog for a little while.
I suppose. DBD gives me something to take my mind off stuff and its a lot more casual and less toxic than most other online games I'e played. Glad I found it back in late December
I agree with you on this one. If I wanted to relieve stress by playing I have games like Rocket League, Borderlands and Destiny 2.
To be fair, Friday 13th was my main escape game until the DLC and player base started drying up.
Beer, snacks, head phones...all good fun.
Rocket League. โฅ I suck at it, but it def lets you blow off steam. Lots of laughs and good yelling. Destruction Allstars from the PS5 premiere yesterday looks to be in the same vein. I thought it was gonna be RL2 at first.
I play DBD so I can escaped back to reality. Nothing iike perspective to make you appreciate what you got.
But no. I play DBD because for whatever flaws it has it can be fun to mess around with perks and effectively play horror tag with other human beings. It dosen't really get me destressed...if anything someone it stresses me out more but it can be exciting and some competitive adrenaline inducing.
I'm not the best either but it sure is fun game to play with friends.