The Host Quit When He Saw Me Switch To Laurie
Okay, so I was having a nice time in Dead By Daylight after I purchased the Halloween DLC, I had played a few rounds of playing Laurie Strode (Who was incredible if you use Decisive correctly)
But then, I decide to play again and the host who I connected to saw me switch to Laurie and disconnected from the lobby...
Does this happen often to other Lauries? I know it's probably because Laurie has Decisive, but if that's the case, then man up and hold your position as killer!
Comments
The killer decides whether he wants to play against you.
Telling the killer to man up is quite funny, because its usually the survivors who DC every seccond game because they play against a doc/nurse or missed their DS and got downed.> @Vietfox said:
Well killers from movie are powerful and can go confident into the movie, they dont need to fear beind blinded by flashlights or survivors they already killed magically being healed again
I dont know because op didnt mention it, but I highly doubt that the killer lobby dodged because he didnt want to verse a laurie
There are tons of reasons, they don't have to be relevant to what is going on in the lobby.
People do that?
A Dedicated Server would make it so we just have to wait for a killer while we can still relax and strategize with our fellow survivors, as opposed to the killer disconnecting and breaking the entire lobby ;-;
Also it'd help against Lag Switchers.
Excuse you, sir, but I bought the Halloween Package to make full ability out of Laurie's Perks, and I didn't intend NOT to use her perks, but I don't understand why they didn't just decide to play against a Laurie and counter Decisive by Dribbling, going in a room where they can bodyblock me so I can get caught again easily, etc. Also, there's always the chance that I'm gonna miss my skill check and I might not be carrying Decisive Strike, and if I'm playing as Laurie Strode it doesn't mean I'm using Decisive, but it appears that person just ASSUMED I had Decisive Strike equipped so they decided to make other people like me and the 3 others in the lobby wait for another server even though just for a killer the wait time takes 20 minutes. When I saw man up I meant stand your ground, because as a survivor it's my job to use my perks to survive, and a killer is supposed to use their perks make sure I don't survive, so if this was an experienced player who didn't want to go against Decisive I understand that, but the fact that people are telling ME to not use the perk I rightfully own after buying that DLC is something I find unacceptable, so please, DO NOT tell me to man up when half the time I fail the skill check, mkay?
That's... Wow. That's the reason people say all Survivor Mains are salty, I guess.
Others don't wanna play against him even though he can be easily countered by just failing a self heal skill check on purpose.
Are you really implying that no one would just put their salt shakers aside and just play the game as killer?
I don't wanna be biased but by this point I'm starting to see how Killers can be jerks just as much as "toxic" survivors.
Lobby dodging is not the same as DCing once the trial has started.
What do you mean killers have to be braver? People playing killer arent actual killers just people looking to have fun which is impossible when you get looped and once you finally get the looper down they get a second chance.
Do you get looped and kill just one or none in every match? You need to get better
You dont? Then dont make a big deal out of it when it happens.
Was this really worth a post? No
Just find another match...
Survivors are reskinned of one another's models. Laurie versus anyone else are all killable. Starting perks are different, but any character can have dstrike.
I would chalk it up to either the killer had to dc because of something IRL, your ping was too high, or some other non logical solution like a friend invited them.
The only time I would say someone DCs from killer is against a full SWF lobby or a team switches characters with 5 seconds left. You know they are trolling and you want a quality match. Otherwise, queue up and go again.
Why do the really stupid threads get so much attention and the really well thought out ones fizzle out in a few hours?
Answer:
Millennials.
You exist => you're lobby dodged.
Just enjoy your lobby simulator.
How self centered do you have to be to think it's because of YOU that a killer decides to quit the lobby, like did you forget about the 3 other people there as well?
There's been plenty of good reasons here that are not just "it's because i switched to X character at X seconds left." "The Killer is scared of Laurie"
If anything i would bet it mostly being on ping. I would sure as hell not play with 2 people in the red, or even one person in red if it's high enough.
Laurie got Decisive Strike at the begining, and every killer hates Decisive Strike.
You didn't get in a game when the Killer lobby dodged. They're not the same.
That's just pathetic. Anything else you want to blame millennials for? The temperature in my city is 8 degrees lower compared to yesterday. Was that caused by millennials as well? No wonder nobody takes your generation seriously when you turn everyone else into scapegoats.
That was her!> @Swiftblade131 said:
Happened several times in a row.> @Global said:
When your accused of Pallet Looping but in reality you do your job as a survivor and you HIDE.
I don't get caught by the killer that often, and more likely than not, I miss that decisive skill check.
Also, may I add, most Decisive Users are inexperienced, by which I mean they are like me, miss the skill check, and think about their life decisions, or other times we don't get the chance because the killer decides to dribble to avoid you getting the hatch that you had to work for while your teammates decided to get themselves downed and DC'ed, I use it when I really need to, not the first time I get caught, I use it when the killer decides to facecamp, I let him down me, then I use DS to get the person off the hook, the killer tunnels me, and runs after me the entire match while the person who I had to work forever to save hides behind a rock cutting herself with a medkit.> @Giche said:
I fail all my pallets, I am not a cancerous survivor, I walk around healing my teammates and doing gens, how is that cancer?
Also, if you really have that much of a problem with survivors, just go to a rank 20 game and see how hard it is for us to be able to win when half the killers at rank 20 are really using one shot kill add ons, Ebony Moris, and have a fully maxed out killer at level 100.
People at the lower ranks have it worse than anyone at a high rank, just ignore the cancerous survivors t bagging at the exit, or if you want to see how hard those of us at rank 16 and above have it by deranking and playing as a survivor using only one perk, try to simulate how it is learning to play the game now.
I've seen players who play for 2 months straight and they can't play because the killers are using ebony moris at the start of the game, making the game last 2 minutes.
For every Killer that quits on you for being Laurie, there's hundreds if not thousands of Killers who don't ######### care who you are.
Don't let a few out of thousands make you angry.
Like me. Half the time I've got the Steam overlay open and am browsing 9gag. Of the few times I don't, I'm checking for SWF to mentally prepare.
Mentally prepare? What, you put a few more padlocks on your drawer of salt? ;P
Just kidding of course.
More like get in the mindset that the next trial is likely to be unfun. I find it helps against all those sweaty SWFs.
I figured that was it, cause that's me too. 8-)
If they get too trolly/annoying, I take a page out of their book, if you know what I mean. Let them have their win, I'm just looking for a fun trial.
Thank you for the advice, it helps me realize helps me end Laurie abuse and to
I've been triggered!!! Kidding. Maybe. No one engages unless they can hold their own, and anyone can talk about dumb #########.
But, for seriously, why has no one mentioned that "correlation does not equal causation". Like, maybe the killer decided to go make a damn sammich just as this guy switched to laurie, but instead the OP wants to pretend that he's frustrated by having the power to force a killer out of a lobby by simply switching to a character that could have decisive strike. No effing killer cares if someone plays as laurie, most likely the killer was just annoyed that you bish ass survs weren't readied up.
I just joined the lobby, we were still waiting for a fourth survivor, and it was 5 seconds after I joined I realized that the Claudettes in the server could probably self heal their way to victory. I decided to train on getting a better Laurie so I switched to her.
2 Seconds later "You have lost connection to the host."
Every. Single. Time. I don't have bad internet either. Survivors in the servers generally have 20-60 ping.
Also, I wasn't blaming it on the killer, I understand if you don't want to face Decisive, but why do you assume Laurie is running Decisive? If I was, just tunnel me for the game, like every other killer does to Lauries.
I was asking "Will this happen often."
So before you give me an uneducated answer, please do pay attention to the question.
May I also add towards those who say DS is OP.
Just dribble. Treat me like a basketball, I do not care. That is a legitimate strategy.
The hooks are literally 2 feet apart from each other, so just dribble me.
It's a good strategy IF hooks are nearby.
Hooks being 2ft apart from eachother is an obvious lie.
Sometimes you'll even create deadzones by just sacrificing a Survivor on a specific hook: A zone in which you can't possibly hook a Survivor on an other hook if they go down in that zone.
But nowadays i just take the DS.
I do NOT want a DS in my late game, that's just a -1 kill right there.
I don't think DS is the end of the game, i just find it very unfun to use and to have it be used on me.
@AnthonyC2014 Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough. i tend to do that.
This is also a very likely possibility. I know when I'm playing as a killer, if I see a Twitch name come into the lobby, it's an automatic dodge. I am not your [BAD WORD] content.
If I see a twitch name in my lobby I tunnel them. Wanna make sure they're viewers know not to mess with Hag.
Here this is why lol

No, I'm saying some people find "playing to win" fun, which is exactly what I wrote. Did you even read what I wrote, or were you just looking for something to complain about?
So I asked if you defended people, having fun by being toxic (going too tryhard or taking things too seriously) to the community.
The context was that "fun" is subjective, to which I replied that some people find playing to win fun.
You are the one saying that playing to win is inherently negative. You're also pretending I agree and am somehow "defending toxic behavior" by merely explaining that fun is subjective. You are being disingenuous.
So I asked if you defended the behaviour. Asked. Not stated.