Someone proxy camped me share your pain

Comments

  • welcome to 80% of the games?

  • "Someone proxy camped me"

    AKA

    "The killer was nowhere near me and just came back for the unhook sound, but nothing can forestall my complaining."

  • @Nytesilver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1292548#Comment_1292548

    Be reasonable: Not every Killer returns to the unhook. All it means is that they were hit again before they decided to heal. Even if they were working on a gen.

    And yes, that has happened in-game for me. Dude was unhooked & ran to the nearest generator. I found him working on it, injured. So I downed him. he called me a tunneler & a camper for even returning to the hook.

    You tunnelamper!

  • Survivor Rule #14: no camping.

    Survivor Rule #14(a): no face camping

    Survivor Rule #14(b): no gen camping

    Survivor Rule #14(c): no gate camping

    Survivor Rule #14(d): no proxy camping

    Survivor Rule #14(e): no basement camping

    Survivor Rule #14(f): no totem camping

    Survivor Rule #14(g): no slug camping

    Survivor Rule #14(h): no chest camping

    Survivor Rule #14(i): no hatch camping

    Survivor Rule #14(j): no pallet camping


    Have I missed any?

  • shouldn't have gone down next to a gen bro

  • I'll proxy camp till the end of days in mu nice little three gen with you hooked in the centre :P

  • I find most people don't even have a clue as to what proxy means, let alone that only a handful of killers can actually DO it. Hag is one example.

  • @cynichism said:

    Survivor Rule #14: no camping.

    Survivor Rule #14(a): no face camping

    Survivor Rule #14(b): no gen camping

    Survivor Rule #14(c): no gate camping

    Survivor Rule #14(d): no proxy camping

    Survivor Rule #14(e): no basement camping

    Survivor Rule #14(f): no totem camping

    Survivor Rule #14(g): no slug camping

    Survivor Rule #14(h): no chest camping

    Survivor Rule #14(i): no hatch camping

    Survivor Rule #14(j): no pallet camping

    Have I missed any?

    I think the first one solve it

  • No one should camp at all it gets rid of fun in dead by daylight

  • @MadArtillery said:

    I'll proxy camp till the end of days in mu nice little three gen with you hooked in the centre :P

    Why

  • Tell your friends not to stay near you teasing the killer.

    Whenever that happens I will usually stay close, cause I know there are 2 other guys doing nothing.

  • But I've tried it partners tried it he never moved

  • And mind you they and I have gotten in the killers face and teased him and flashed him but he never looked or hit us

  • So I can hook your unhooker, and their unhooker, and so on for a perfect sacrifice game.

  • @MadArtillery said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1292856#Comment_1292856

    So I can hook your unhooker, and their unhooker, and so on for a perfect sacrifice game.

    Who's dude is this

  • @MadArtillery said:

    I'll proxy camp till the end of days in mu nice little three gen with you hooked in the centre :P

    The greatest thing ever is when you have someone hooked in the basement and theres a gen in the shack thats part of your 3 gen. People get angry...

  • Think about it. Theres only three gens on the map, and theres a survivor hooked in the center of those 3 gens. What would you do as killer in that situation?

  • @cynichism said:

    Survivor Rule #14: no camping.

    Survivor Rule #14(a): no face camping

    Survivor Rule #14(b): no gen camping

    Survivor Rule #14(c): no gate camping

    Survivor Rule #14(d): no proxy camping

    Survivor Rule #14(e): no basement camping

    Survivor Rule #14(f): no totem camping

    Survivor Rule #14(g): no slug camping

    Survivor Rule #14(h): no chest camping

    Survivor Rule #14(i): no hatch camping

    Survivor Rule #14(j): no pallet camping

    Have I missed any?

    No window camping and no item box camping.

  • @cynichism said:

    Survivor Rule #14: no camping.

    Survivor Rule #14(a): no face camping

    Survivor Rule #14(b): no gen camping

    Survivor Rule #14(c): no gate camping

    Survivor Rule #14(d): no proxy camping

    Survivor Rule #14(e): no basement camping

    Survivor Rule #14(f): no totem camping

    Survivor Rule #14(g): no slug camping

    Survivor Rule #14(h): no chest camping

    Survivor Rule #14(i): no hatch camping

    Survivor Rule #14(j): no pallet camping

    Have I missed any?

    Killer on the map moving = op

  • @cynichism said:

    Survivor Rule #14: no camping.

    Survivor Rule #14(a): no face camping

    Survivor Rule #14(b): no gen camping

    Survivor Rule #14(c): no gate camping

    Survivor Rule #14(d): no proxy camping

    Survivor Rule #14(e): no basement camping

    Survivor Rule #14(f): no totem camping

    Survivor Rule #14(g): no slug camping

    Survivor Rule #14(h): no chest camping

    Survivor Rule #14(i): no hatch camping

    Survivor Rule #14(j): no pallet camping

    Have I missed any?

    No window camping and no item box camping.

  • @cynichism said:

    Survivor Rule #14: no camping.

    Survivor Rule #14(a): no face camping

    Survivor Rule #14(b): no gen camping

    Survivor Rule #14(c): no gate camping

    Survivor Rule #14(d): no proxy camping

    Survivor Rule #14(e): no basement camping

    Survivor Rule #14(f): no totem camping

    Survivor Rule #14(g): no slug camping

    Survivor Rule #14(h): no chest camping

    Survivor Rule #14(i): no hatch camping

    Survivor Rule #14(j): no pallet camping

    Have I missed any?

    Killer on the map moving = op

  • @Bovinity said:

    "Someone proxy camped me"

    AKA

    "The killer was nowhere near me and just came back for the unhook sound, but nothing can forestall my complaining."

    Cause you play killer fine when your camping the ######### outta somebody but when your survivor you'll see

  • @bigbucks76 said:

    It hurts

    Yesterday most of my matches had straight up face camp killers. Idk why but it seems to be a trend as of late. What makes matters worse is that potatoe survivors reward this behavior by trying to save instead of doing gens.

  • @HellDescent said:

    welcome to 80% of the games?

    Thanks for the warm welcome

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/154372/someone-proxy-camped-me-share-your-pain

    Yesterday most of my matches had straight up face camp killers. Idk why but it seems to be a trend as of late. What makes matters worse is that potatoe survivors reward this behavior by trying to save instead of doing gens.

    Dont forget that Matt Cote said "face camping is okay just do something else"

  • @bigbucks76 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464728#Comment_1464728

    Dont forget that Matt Cote said "face camping is okay just do something else"

    It's just not fun to be face camped. I dont get it. When I play killer I never face camp. Hell sometimes I let people go on purpose because I feel bad for even tunneling. Unless that survivor is asking for it or I have a SWF gen rush squad but even then its more like i have 3 gen strat with them hooked in the middle of those 3 gens, I'm still not camping but it is near my patrol.

    The curse of playing both sides.

  • Where else is he going to go? Hooked in the middle of a 3 gen. That's not camping that was bad play on the survivors part

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464743#Comment_1464743

    It's just not fun to be face camped. I dont get it. When I play killer I never face camp. Hell sometimes I let people go on purpose because I feel bad for even tunneling. Unless that survivor is asking for it or I have a SWF gen rush squad but even then its more like i have 3 gen strat with them hooked in the middle of those 3 gens, I'm still not camping but it is near my patrol.

    The curse of playing both sides.

    Most people play both sides. The difference isn't in people deciding to play how you want, or that some folks don't understand both sides, but simply not everyone cries and bitches about getting camped because bat a certain point you've come to realize (and most don't even get it after 3,000 hours) that camping, tunneling, that's literally all apart of the experience and there's nothing to be done about it.


    Shaming others into not doing what's most optimal in the moment is the laziest, scrubbiest tactic I've ever seen in video gaming. It's akin to people crying about spamming in fighters, but I have a feeling most people here would confuse mindless spam with calculated zoning anyway.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464760#Comment_1464760

    Most people play both sides. The difference isn't in people deciding to play how you want, or that some folks don't understand both sides, but simply not everyone cries and bitches about getting camped because bat a certain point you've come to realize (and most don't even get it after 3,000 hours) that camping, tunneling, that's literally all apart of the experience and there's nothing to be done about it.

    Shaming others into not doing what's most optimal in the moment is the laziest, scrubbiest tactic I've ever seen in video gaming. It's akin to people crying about spamming in fighters, but I have a feeling most people here would confuse mindless spam with calculated zoning anyway.

    Lmao, that's ######### game design then. It is the complete opposite of fun and a complete waste of time. If you camp you are an #########...period.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464859#Comment_1464859

    Lmao, that's ######### game design then. It is the complete opposite of fun and a complete waste of time. If you camp you are an #########...period.

    No, that's you not being able to adapt to what the game has to offer. You might have buyers remorse, but you won't get a refund, so if it's really that bad for you, delete it.

    Honestly I don't know what you expect, the killer to not be able to play the game at all? There's no situation where a killer shouldn't secure a hook? He's already penalized by the fact he loses emblem AND BP for camping, which means if your a survivor, to go into the game knowing you could basically immediately unhook, preying on the killers desire not to lose either points.

    What if the survivor is in the middle of a 3 gen? What if multiple scratch marks are going to the hook? What if it's endgame?


    And likewise for the tunnel claims, first off am I supposed to guess if you're playing SWF now? Because if you are, I'm not going to let you unhook right behind my back, I'm punishing the unhooked in some way, as well as the unhooked if I can but in a SWF it will often throttle then more if you go for the "tunnel" as they think you'll be nice enough to let them slam dunk on you while playing by their rules.

    The whole state of this game is pretty much Jank. Loops were made possible because a decision was made to make the pill shaped hurtbox of survivors smaller and tighter than killers, with no regards as to how that would affect certain loops, thus infinites were an initial part of the game. it was only when they played with their formula and saw how others played their game that looping became a full on mechanic rather than hiding and using pallets exclusively to break/end chases.

    In other words, it is a poorly designed game. But it's a very popular, very addicting game too. If it's too much, there will always be others to play it in your absence, so just decide if you're gonna delete it or if the jank is too much for you.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464901#Comment_1464901

    No, that's you not being able to adapt to what the game has to offer. You might have buyers remorse, but you won't get a refund, so if it's really that bad for you, delete it.

    Honestly I don't know what you expect, the killer to not be able to play the game at all? There's no situation where a killer shouldn't secure a hook? He's already penalized by the fact he loses emblem AND BP for camping, which means if your a survivor, to go into the game knowing you could basically immediately unhook, preying on the killers desire not to lose either points.

    What if the survivor is in the middle of a 3 gen? What if multiple scratch marks are going to the hook? What if it's endgame?

    And likewise for the tunnel claims, first off am I supposed to guess if you're playing SWF now? Because if you are, I'm not going to let you unhook right behind my back, I'm punishing the unhooked in some way, as well as the unhooked if I can but in a SWF it will often throttle then more if you go for the "tunnel" as they think you'll be nice enough to let them slam dunk on you while playing by their rules.

    The whole state of this game is pretty much Jank. Loops were made possible because a decision was made to make the pill shaped hurtbox of survivors smaller and tighter than killers, with no regards as to how that would affect certain loops, thus infinites were an initial part of the game. it was only when they played with their formula and saw how others played their game that looping became a full on mechanic rather than hiding and using pallets exclusively to break/end chases.

    In other words, it is a poorly designed game. But it's a very popular, very addicting game too. If it's too much, there will always be others to play it in your absence, so just decide if you're gonna delete it or if the jank is too much for you.

    I always know when I'm facing a SWF. Just admit you camp as a crutch because you lack the skill to play without it. And yeah I have buyers remorse for a poorly designed game. 4 years and these things still persist. A game that does not respect your time and calls these unfun time wasters part of the game is in fact poor game design. Campers should receive a penalty like zero BP for the sacrifice or a 25% gen repair speed bonus for survivors. Same thing with survivors holding the game hostage when they get 3 gen and hide for an hour stalemate after 20 minutes with no gems being touched they should be insta sacrificed. ######### like this still in the game after 4 years is inexcusable.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464901#Comment_1464901

    No, that's you not being able to adapt to what the game has to offer. You might have buyers remorse, but you won't get a refund, so if it's really that bad for you, delete it.

    Honestly I don't know what you expect, the killer to not be able to play the game at all? There's no situation where a killer shouldn't secure a hook? He's already penalized by the fact he loses emblem AND BP for camping, which means if your a survivor, to go into the game knowing you could basically immediately unhook, preying on the killers desire not to lose either points.

    What if the survivor is in the middle of a 3 gen? What if multiple scratch marks are going to the hook? What if it's endgame?

    And likewise for the tunnel claims, first off am I supposed to guess if you're playing SWF now? Because if you are, I'm not going to let you unhook right behind my back, I'm punishing the unhooked in some way, as well as the unhooked if I can but in a SWF it will often throttle then more if you go for the "tunnel" as they think you'll be nice enough to let them slam dunk on you while playing by their rules.

    The whole state of this game is pretty much Jank. Loops were made possible because a decision was made to make the pill shaped hurtbox of survivors smaller and tighter than killers, with no regards as to how that would affect certain loops, thus infinites were an initial part of the game. it was only when they played with their formula and saw how others played their game that looping became a full on mechanic rather than hiding and using pallets exclusively to break/end chases.

    In other words, it is a poorly designed game. But it's a very popular, very addicting game too. If it's too much, there will always be others to play it in your absence, so just decide if you're gonna delete it or if the jank is too much for you.

    Or since I want to love this game and have spent my money on it I should, and you should, and anyone else who spent money on this ######### show should demand a better product. These are easy fixes that remain after 4 years. That is inexcusable.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464901#Comment_1464901

    No, that's you not being able to adapt to what the game has to offer. You might have buyers remorse, but you won't get a refund, so if it's really that bad for you, delete it.

    Honestly I don't know what you expect, the killer to not be able to play the game at all? There's no situation where a killer shouldn't secure a hook? He's already penalized by the fact he loses emblem AND BP for camping, which means if your a survivor, to go into the game knowing you could basically immediately unhook, preying on the killers desire not to lose either points.

    What if the survivor is in the middle of a 3 gen? What if multiple scratch marks are going to the hook? What if it's endgame?

    And likewise for the tunnel claims, first off am I supposed to guess if you're playing SWF now? Because if you are, I'm not going to let you unhook right behind my back, I'm punishing the unhooked in some way, as well as the unhooked if I can but in a SWF it will often throttle then more if you go for the "tunnel" as they think you'll be nice enough to let them slam dunk on you while playing by their rules.

    The whole state of this game is pretty much Jank. Loops were made possible because a decision was made to make the pill shaped hurtbox of survivors smaller and tighter than killers, with no regards as to how that would affect certain loops, thus infinites were an initial part of the game. it was only when they played with their formula and saw how others played their game that looping became a full on mechanic rather than hiding and using pallets exclusively to break/end chases.

    In other words, it is a poorly designed game. But it's a very popular, very addicting game too. If it's too much, there will always be others to play it in your absence, so just decide if you're gonna delete it or if the jank is too much for you.

    I can play killer just fine without camping or tunneling. Admit you need to use it as a crutch and move on. And I'm not talking about seeing scratch marks leading to the hook or you just happen to find the guy who got off the hook. I'm talking about obvious face cramps and obvious tunneling where the killer waits a safe distance for the unhook then makes a beeline for the unhooked survivor ignoring everyone and everything around him.

  • "proxy camping" such a ridiculous notion. Don't leave the hook 'camping', leave the hook... hear hook sound so go check 'proxy camping', leave the hook to patrol gen "distance camping", leave hook chase other survivor "chase camping", survivors all hang around the hook so "face camping", multiple survivors hooked in the basement now you "basement camping", pause to think for a mo now you "think camping", hunting for a stealth play in the grass, damn "grass camping" go afk to make a cup of tea now your "tea camping" You bastard.

    Stow the QQ and play the game. Stop calling other players names just because they won't abide by your silly rules. That goes for both killer and survivors.

    Let start calling people who just run around the same rock loopy doopers. Damn loopy dooping is just annoying they can only do one thing and when it doesn't work they cry, killers who counter loopy doop are unfun and have no counter play... if you always try and loopy doop you suck and need to git gud etc etc, you see how arbitrary and ridiculous it all is.

  • Your teammates should've done gens, and the killer gets 1 kill. Everytime I notice proxy camping, I do gens and nothing else. Three escapes = a loss for the killer.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Your teammates should've done gens, and the killer gets 1 kill. Everytime I notice proxy camping, I do gens and nothing else. Three escapes = a loss for the killer.

    But now I'm a sweat and when a killer camps I blind them and get them off the hook

  • @cynichism said:

    Survivor Rule #14: no camping.

    Survivor Rule #14(a): no face camping

    Survivor Rule #14(b): no gen camping

    Survivor Rule #14(c): no gate camping

    Survivor Rule #14(d): no proxy camping

    Survivor Rule #14(e): no basement camping

    Survivor Rule #14(f): no totem camping

    Survivor Rule #14(g): no slug camping

    Survivor Rule #14(h): no chest camping

    Survivor Rule #14(i): no hatch camping

    Survivor Rule #14(j): no pallet camping

    Have I missed any?

    Then I'll make rules for killer

    Dont be annoying

    Dont face camp

    Dont hook patrol

    Dont gen camp

    Dont totem camp

    Dont tunnelamp

    Dont don't work with survivors (dont work with killer)

    Dont have trash internet or a lag switch

    Thank you did I miss any

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    All the killers mains are gonna take the piss out of post bud, welcome to the forums

    But its not really a discussion its a "I didn't get to escape come whine with me" If that doesn't deserve a lil ribbing what does?

  • @bigbucks76 said:

    No one should camp at all it gets rid of fun in dead by daylight

    i just made a post about it but I dont have fun waiting for a game for 15 minutes to have everyone escape and then not leave so I can watch them taunt me at the exit gates.


    Yes, I'm bad which is exactly why I have to camp. Otherwise everyone will escape. Atleast if I camp I can guarantee 1 kill. The only thing that sucks is they are removing Billys chainsaw holding so I cant do it anymore. I used to play Plague and didnt camp but I started playing Billy and went from rank 20 to rank 8 by camping. I want to have fun and knowing I killed someone is fun for me. Its not fun watching everyone escape because I'm bad.


    When I get better at the game then maybe I wnt have to camp. That or maybe if queue times for killer werent so long I could afford to not camp. But as it stands, I'm not waiting 84 years for a game to end up with the survivors thinking I was friendly.

  • @LinkOfSerevillon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1292855#Comment_1292855

    i just made a post about it but I dont have fun waiting for a game for 15 minutes to have everyone escape and then not leave so I can watch them taunt me at the exit gates.

    Yes, I'm bad which is exactly why I have to camp. Otherwise everyone will escape. Atleast if I camp I can guarantee 1 kill. The only thing that sucks is they are removing Billys chainsaw holding so I cant do it anymore. I used to play Plague and didnt camp but I started playing Billy and went from rank 20 to rank 8 by camping. I want to have fun and knowing I killed someone is fun for me. Its not fun watching everyone escape because I'm bad.

    When I get better at the game then maybe I wnt have to camp. That or maybe if queue times for killer werent so long I could afford to not camp. But as it stands, I'm not waiting 84 years for a game to end up with the survivors thinking I was friendly.

    Look its fine if your bad but camping is not good both ends cause it feels wrong to camp but people are toxic they'll do that but some have to get used to it but forreal you probably get better matches than me because I'm gettin people who got terrable internet same goes for killer

  • Please avoid necro'ing months old threads, thank you.