These hatch complaints came out of nowhere.

How 'bout the devs bring back hatch standoffs, so these newer players can see how imbalanced hatch WAS and what detrimental impact it had on games, because these newer players seem to think hatch is 'bs' in its current state, when it really isn't.

It isn't a 'free escape'. Hatch is there to prevent the survivor hiding forever, and also to give survivors a chance if they were stuck with a bad team.

I'm genuinely disgusted at the entitlement being shown. I'm grateful (as both sides) that hatch standoffs were removed, and I think hatch is balanced.

I'm not trying to shove my opinion down people's throat, but these hatch complaints are showing a whole new level of entitlement.

Comments

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287654#Comment_1287654

    Honestly, it triggers me so much that I just hook them and tell them lol.

    Yeah...

    Last night I had a game on Lery's where I ended up slugging 3 people just because of an obnoxious flashlight-wielding Dwight being in my face constantly, so I was a little leery about picking one person up before I had him down.

    So I hooked two people, but the last guy was an Ash and I didn't feel like he really deserved the three minutes he ended up on the floor just because the Dwight was so annoying. So I planned on giving him the hatch, but he just kept wiggling. Argh.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287684#Comment_1287684

    Yeah...

    Last night I had a game on Lery's where I ended up slugging 3 people just because of an obnoxious flashlight-wielding Dwight being in my face constantly, so I was a little leery about picking one person up before I had him down.

    So I hooked two people, but the last guy was an Ash and I didn't feel like he really deserved the three minutes he ended up on the floor just because the Dwight was so annoying. So I planned on giving him the hatch, but he just kept wiggling. Argh.

    Honestly, it's so triggering lol.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287529#Comment_1287529

    Yeah, I kinda liked that. It removes hatch, but also rewards survivors if they can run the killer. Also, got ANOTHER game with a killer with a mori, so cya.

    And I got another game with a key, pretty irrelevant.

    Keys and mori's are another issue though.

    I like Emptycups idea though.

  • The vast majority of forums I've ever been on has Mods close any threads when they are duplicate topics like that. I'm kind of shocked this place doesn't do that too.

    So many actual interesting and unique topics get buried immediately because every user who wants to complain about NOED or The Hatch or Freddy being OP or "insert flavor of the week" decides they need to be a super special snowflake and create their own thread about it instead of talking about it in the dozen of threads that already exist.

  • There are only 2 things that need to happen with the hatch:

    • The hatch needs to open as soon as the third survivor is sacrificed NOT after the full animation.
    • The exit doors need to spawn further apart. Despite what killer mains have said in this thread, 9 times out of 10, the doors spawn too close together. When you have killers that can go invisible (Wraith, Spirit) or have no terror radius (Ghostface) or can travel fast (Billy, Demigorgon) or set traps (Hag, Trapper), etc., close exit doors are incredibly killer-sided. It's not impossible to escape in that scenario, but the opportunity is dramatically reduced with very little work required on the killer side.
  • @Splinterverse said:

    There are only 2 things that need to happen with the hatch:

    • The hatch needs to open as soon as the third survivor is sacrificed NOT after the full animation.
    • The exit doors need to spawn further apart. Despite what killer mains have said in this thread, 9 times out of 10, the doors spawn too close together. When you have killers that can go invisible (Wraith, Spirit) or have no terror radius (Ghostface) or can travel fast (Billy, Demigorgon) or set traps (Hag, Trapper), etc., close exit doors are incredibly killer-sided. It's not impossible to escape in that scenario, but the opportunity is dramatically reduced with very little work required on the killer side.

    Imagine talking about "very little work on the killer side" when discussing a mechanic that's giving you a chance at a escape despite your team failing at their objectives and the killer having killed everyone else.

    That'd be like me saying that it takes "very little work on the survivor side" to run through gates once opened.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287816#Comment_1287816

    Imagine talking about "very little work on the killer side" when discussing a mechanic that's giving you a chance at a escape despite your team failing at their objectives and the killer having killed everyone else.

    That'd be like me saying that it takes "very little work on the survivor side" to run through gates once opened.

    Not necessarily, Bovinity. You assume that the survivor "team" played well or at all. It is not uncommon, especially with the DC penalty, for multiple survivors to suicide on the hook (or DC despite the penalty). Likewise, there are many solo survivors. Perhaps that solo survivor played well and is now punished because the gates are too close together and there is no counter to an invisible Wraith or traps set at each door. Yes, you can try to counter it, but the odds are against you that you will be able to get that door open. A minimum distance apart for exit doors would help.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287564#Comment_1287564

    And I got another game with a key, pretty irrelevant.

    Keys and mori's are another issue though.

    I like Emptycups idea though.

    Nah, just saying in case you messaged in the meantime and I was busy doing the big boi immersed plays. (Just to say it was a freaking Iri Huntress, but it was kinda fun despite us getting swiped off of the earth)

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287749#Comment_1287749

    The vast majority of forums I've ever been on has Mods close any threads when they are duplicate topics like that. I'm kind of shocked this place doesn't do that too.

    So many actual interesting and unique topics get buried immediately because every user who wants to complain about NOED or The Hatch or Freddy being OP or "insert flavor of the week" decides they need to be a super special snowflake and create their own thread about it instead of talking about it in the dozen of threads that already exist.

    You see, if you're talking about me, I made a thread because I wasn't going to copy and paste my answers, and it's better to create a thread and see who agrees and disagrees, and to come to a solution.

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287256#Comment_1287256

    I'm not saying it's not RNG. But you can take steps to mitigate it. Or, you can slug for the 4k if you like wasting an extra 4+ minutes every match. Personally, I don't care that much.

    I mention springwood because it's a great example of a map where the hatch spawns in the same 3-4 spots almost every time. There's other maps with similar situations. I don't even think Swamp is all that bad for hatch spawns, but then again I have played the game a ton so I know where to check.

    I mention whispers because it's the best tracking perk in the game for how I like to play. Guaranteeing kills after closing the hatch is just a bonus. It's also the best perk in the game for slugging for the 4k, but I don't waste my time doing that usually.

    I don't think comparing left behind and whispers is fair. For them to be the same, all 4 survivors would have to be running it. And only 1 of them would (maybe) get any use out of it. Whispers helps you the entire game, left behind only at the complete end.

    Keys? Well, mori's are so much more powerful than keys I don't mind survivors having them. SWF with a key is overpowered, but most of the SWFs I see prefer to use flashlights to bully the killer instead. Survivors can plunder keys, but killers get significantly more BP than survivors and can also buy a plethora of overpowered add-ons to bring in as well.

    In case you didn't notice, I don't think creating favourable scenarios and THEN claiming the 1-person-endgame is anything but random is fair. You use whispers, well congrats, you don't mind keys, well congrats, it's still random and doesnt need a special little scenario created where you have whispers and the survivor doesn't have any way of tracking hatch and you are on a map where you know all the spawns and the survivor doesn't find the hatch first and the doors are close to the hatch and the survivor wasnt waiting by the gate and they didn't have wake up or spine chill or both...

    Just because Whispers is a decent perk and Left Behind is laughable doesn't change the scenario: in fact, Left Behind is stronger than Whispers in a hatch search. There are a number of injectable perks, add-ons and killers that sway the scenario, but to look at it as anything other than its most basic form is extremely silly.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286199#Comment_1286199

    The very last sentence really tells you what you need to know about this guy. To paraphrase "Outta 18 games I should have 4k'd 18 times." No, that is not the game, that is not balance. And if you think it is, just ask devs to completely eliminate survivors and kill NPC characters all day long. Killers are not supposed to 4k every game, that would not be a game at all.

    And the hatch and EGC as is is already massively killer sided, so your comment that "Besides why shouldn't it be strong for the killer" is irrelevant because it already is. The killer can freely move about the map and generally sees the hatch before the survivors if it takes longer than 2 minutes to pop the last gen. So more often than not it is immediately slammed upon opening. The doors also spawn very close which w/o a hatch option would take a 15% chance to survive in a 1v1 end game situation to about 0%. And as someone else already pointed out speed killers are already boosted for EGC.

    You also can't control your team mates, and being the last survivor does not mean your team was bad or potato. Maybe you been in that match for half and hour and it was hard fought but the killer finally whittled it down to 1. Maybe you are a solo player and your team was terrible or the killer systematically camped/tunneled and slugged your team to death. Just because a person survived until they were the only one is not necessarily a reflection on the surv team or the individual or the killer for that matter. So this "last survivors deserve to die because they are the last, is a bunch of BS." And if people are leaving out the door in EGC or even last man hatching it up, the killer didn't win. They were mot cheated out of a win. They were not denied after they "won". You just didn't 4k. Which in the instances we are generally referencing (where only 1 escaped) you did win. A 3k is a win. It is more than half, above average. You were not swindles by anyone, the last guy just bested you.

    My proposal to keep the complaining at bay is to stop letting the hatch spawn before it opens. Once the match is down to one survivor it spawns/opens simultaneously and it could not have been scouted out ahead of time. It also would mean that keys were only useful after a killer closed the hatch and only a single person could use it, so it would cut down on 3 people suddenly peacing out of a match. More fair for killers against a bunch of people getting to leave, more fair for the last survivor to have a chance to escape.

    One question then: How would you change the Where did they go?! Achievement?

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286736#Comment_1286736

    One question then: How would you change the Where did they go?! Achievement?

    Take it out

  • I mean, a lot of complaints come out of nowhere. Remember Spirit? Maybe one complaint post every now and then, then came the announcement of the Nurse nerf, and suddenly, two thousand posts on every page about 'omg nerf Spirit so op broken I dc every time.' Following her, came the Plague hate wave, followed by Freddy, and as of last month, DS, BBQ, and Billy.

    The only thing I want changed with hatch is the hatch tech. Dcing for hatch shouldn't be a thing.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286811#Comment_1286811

    That's a pretty big wall just to say, "Nut-uh, you are!"

    LOL when people finally give up. ๐Ÿ˜„ GG ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285924#Comment_1285924

    Why are you pretending that RNG isn't a factor? 'EGC certain death?' It's also a completely free escape if the doors arent touching each other, theres certainly no skill to the current exit strategy for either side. Killers patrol the gate, survivors part-then-fully open it. It's entirely RNG as to where the trap door spawns, so it's entirely random as to who sees it first, it's entirely RNG as to where the doors spawn, so it's entirely random as to whether or not the killer will be able to interrupt the survivor by patrolling.

    It is amazing the number of people that think they are skillful or that they earned something that was essentially a roll of the dice.

    Except it isn't a roll of the dice as to who has the upper hand in these completely random scenarios.

    Hatch:

    Yes, it can spawn a number of places. Where it is in relation to the Killer/Survivor is "random". However, it typically spawns while the match is still in play. When the Killer is freely traversing the map, patting and chasing survivors. Meanwhile survivors are stealthing specific areas of the map and skirting around it to finish gens. The Killer has a lot more opportunity in their travels to see it in advance. After that, in end-game, if there is only 1 survivor left usually the killer has already seen it and can close it right away...and if neither knows where it is, the killer has more opportunity to find it, as they can -again- freely traverse the map without having the slowdown of having to stealth and be cautious, and in addition are naturally faster than a survivors too. It used to be a 50/50 shot as to whether or not you'd get hatch or subsequently the killer would get the kill. Now, its completely tilted in the Killer's favor and I would bet real money on those statistics.


    EGC:

    Doors are RNG, however, doors almost always spawn perpendicular. So they are naturally fairly close together. In addition, maps whose door spawn used to be solely across from eachother, Lery's, was changed so that even it will spawn them perpendicular to make it easier for Killers to pat in end-game. There is a small chance you can 15% the gate, wait for a pat, and then try to get the additional 85% but that happens pretty rarely on most maps, since Killers don't often have to walk entirely to either door to see you with the amount of dead space between doors. Sometimes they are close enough together that the killer can walk back and forth a couple feet to see both handles the entire time. This is before you factor in the number of high mobility killers who can pat both doors easily before you could possibly finish 85% of a door, and unlike the old days, you can't simply tap a door, hide, wait, and come back because the EGC timer doesn't allow nearly enough time for this stealthy style of game play. If you don't get your 85% off the first time, you're guaranteed dead either to the Killer or the entity. It is pretty much certain death in the majority of cases.

    My statement doesn't negate RNG. Solely calling it RNG negates the advantages that exist for Killers during this portion of the game.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285924#Comment_1285924

    I wish you'd play killer some. Learn some perspective.

    That being said, the best end game strategy as last one standing is to not even bother with the hatch.

    Sute doors spawn really close sometimes but as a survivor, rank 4 cause i cant run for #########, Ive only had a handful if occurrences where the doors were so clise together i couldn't open one of them and escape.

    The hatch is a chance but if you place everything on it you are, by design going to lose without a key.

    If you want a chest to spawn at the end with a key in it thats fine. But hatch standoffs were much more of an issue than EGC

    Nah fam, hatch stand offs were the bees knees. ๐Ÿ˜

  • Last 3 games of the night, final survivor got the hatch after hiding while the last 2 people died.

    Sure, it's totally not helpful to survivors at all.

  • @Bovinity said:

    Last 3 games of the night, final survivor got the hatch after hiding while the last 2 people died.

    Sure, it's totally not helpful to survivors at all.

    Didnt help the 2 that died lol

  • Right? It's an extremely selfish mechanic sometimes.

1 2 3 โ€บ