These hatch complaints came out of nowhere.

How 'bout the devs bring back hatch standoffs, so these newer players can see how imbalanced hatch WAS and what detrimental impact it had on games, because these newer players seem to think hatch is 'bs' in its current state, when it really isn't.

It isn't a 'free escape'. Hatch is there to prevent the survivor hiding forever, and also to give survivors a chance if they were stuck with a bad team.

I'm genuinely disgusted at the entitlement being shown. I'm grateful (as both sides) that hatch standoffs were removed, and I think hatch is balanced.

I'm not trying to shove my opinion down people's throat, but these hatch complaints are showing a whole new level of entitlement.

Comments

  • Please bring back old hatch. ๐Ÿ™

    Man I loved a good hatch stand off vs. EGC certain death.

    Killers have this end game ######### so easy.

    Boggles my ######### mind they have the balls to complain, still.

  • The arguments didn't come out of nowhere, that's basically just what this forum does all the God damn time...

    User 1: Makes a unique thread about something they don't like that hasn't been talked about in forever

    User 2-6677722354834: Oh that's something I hate too! I'm going to make a new thread about it instead of just commenting on THE DAMN THREAD THAT ALREADY EXISTS!!!!!!

    Every. Freakin. Time.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    Please bring back old hatch. ๐Ÿ™

    Man I loved a good hatch stand off vs. EGC certain death.

    Killers have this end game ######### so easy.

    Boggles my ######### mind they have the balls to complain, still.

    No, it's not an 'us vs them' post, I play both sides and neither is easy. But I agree that the fact that they still complain is ridiculous.

    For these people who complain, the devs should definitely bring it back temporarily, just to show them what they didn't experience smh.

  • Pretty sure the thread you're talking about is made by a guy who has gone on hiatus for 7 months, so I would think his opinion is still rather "fresh".

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    Please bring back old hatch. ๐Ÿ™

    Man I loved a good hatch stand off vs. EGC certain death.

    Killers have this end game ######### so easy.

    Boggles my ######### mind they have the balls to complain, still.

    It's not "certain death", and it's a chance at a free escape when your team has all but failed in every other way.

    The only reason I don't like it is because it's essentially a reward for past bad behavior, but oh well. It does its job now.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285924#Comment_1285924

    It's not "certain death", and it's a chance at a free escape when your team has all but failed in every other way.

    The only reason I don't like it is because it's essentially a reward for past bad behavior, but oh well. It does its job now.

    A) EGC is most commonly certain death. Absolutely. Doors spawn right next to each other. Survivors have zero opportunity to escape most of the time. Getting out during EGC is worse than a coin flip...at least that's a 50/50 shot. EGC is not. It is Killer sided and has been since implementation, just like the hatch changes.

    B) There is no such thing as a free escape. If a survivor is the last survivor on the map, they did something to achieve it. IME, at my rank, it's that they managed to play better than their remaining teammates, or they're comfortable letting their teammates die for their own survival, or both...either way is a viable strat and they had to not get caught themselves in order to execute that. In addition to finding and getting the hatch before the killer...which, for reasons I explained in the other hatch thread, is not in their favor. If they get it, they earned it.

    C) Solo survivors are individuals that must do some level of team work in order to escape. They are not, however, a team. An individual survivor shouldn't be automatically sentenced to death because their teammates were subpar.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285944#Comment_1285944

    A) EGC is most commonly certain death. Absolutely. Doors spawn right next to each other. Survivors have zero opportunity to escape most of the time. Getting out during EGC is worse than a coin flip...at least that's a 50/50 shot. EGC is not. It is Killer sided and has been since implementation, just like the hatch changes.

    B) There is no such thing as a free escape. If a survivor is the last survivor on the map, they did something to achieve it. IME, at my rank, it's that they managed to play better than their remaining teammates, or they're comfortable letting their teammates die for their own survival, or both...either way is a viable strat and they had to not get caught themselves in order to execute that. In addition to finding and getting the hatch before the killer...which, for reasons I explained in the other hatch thread, is not in their favor. If they get it, they earned it.

    C) Solo survivors are individuals that must do some level of team work in order to escape. They are not, however, a team. An individual survivor shouldn't be automatically sentenced to death because their teammates were subpar.

    A) Survivors get out via the hatch the majority of the time it becomes an issue. It's why every other thread for a while was deriding "sweaty killers slugging for the 4k". Also, doors are RNG. I've had them spawn so far apart that it was 100% a free escape for the survivor, literally impossible to get from one to the other in a straight line fast enough. Besides, even if it's 50/50, how is that bad? The team failed in every way.

    B) That's the definition of "free". The team failed, but you still get a chance at a win.

    C) That's how team games work. You live and die with the team, generally. You're not entitled to something extra because you think your team sucked.

    Also, D) The hatch is a classic example of the survivor-centric thinking of the game. Survivors were behaving poorly, holding games hostage, refusing to do objectives. So what do the devs do? Make the offenders easier to find somehow? Punish them with a timer earlier? No, they give them a chance at a free win in the hopes that hurting the killer that way would be enough to satisfy them so that they'd stop trying to harm them another way.

    Seriously, survivors complaining about the hatch are startlingly oblivious or entitled. It's literally only there to give them something good enough for free in the hopes of getting them to stop throwing temper tantrums.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Pretty sure the thread you're talking about is made by a guy who has gone on hiatus for 7 months, so I would think his opinion is still rather "fresh".

    As the guy who was away for 7 months, yes, I made the thread after I was surprised that someone got away using the hatch when they didn't get a single gen done. Last I played you have to have the team get at least 2. I know hatch standoffs were a thing back in the day, which was awful and boring. I just never Imagined that the fix to survivors holding the games hostage would be to just let them escape.

    That would be like me giving my 3 year old Ice cream at bed time just because he throws a hard enough temper tantrum and keeps trying to open the fridge.

    P.S. The new mechanic was thoroughly explained in the other thread, I get how it works now. If I want a 4k I have to first fine the hatch, and either slug or make sure I hook right on top of it to close it, then race them to the exit gates.

  • @Poweas said:

    How 'bout the devs bring back hatch standoffs, so these newer players can see how imbalanced hatch WAS and what detrimental impact it had on games, because these newer players seem to think hatch is 'bs' in its current state, when it really isn't.

    It isn't a 'free escape'. Hatch is there to prevent the survivor hiding forever, and also to give survivors a chance if they were stuck with a bad team.

    I'm genuinely disgusted at the entitlement being shown. I'm grateful (as both sides) that hatch standoffs were removed, and I think hatch is balanced.

    I'm not trying to shove my opinion down people's throat, but these hatch complaints are showing a whole new level of entitlement.

    While i do agree that the hatch is way more balanced than it used to be,especially the removal of hatch standoffs was very much needed,i disagree that the hatch is a well balanced mechanic.

    The problem with the hatch is that it's entirely tied to who was lucky enough to find it first.

    You can be a Blendette that did nothing for your team and still escape because you were lucky enough to find it first

    Or could be a really great survivor,but your teammates weren't able to carry their own weight and now the killer had more luck with finding the hatch/door spawns.

    Those kind of situations just feel really unfair for both sides.

    I would love to see the hatch replaced with some kind of last man standing mechanic in which both sides have equal chances to survive/get their last kill.

  • Hatches are fine.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Pretty sure the thread you're talking about is made by a guy who has gone on hiatus for 7 months, so I would think his opinion is still rather "fresh".

    I'm not referring to a specific person, LOTS of people have been saying it, even in my personal games.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153716/these-hatch-complaints-came-out-of-nowhere

    While i do agree that the hatch is way more balanced than it used to be,especially the removal of hatch standoffs was very much needed,i disagree that the hatch is a well balanced mechanic.

    The problem with the hatch is that it's entirely tied to who was lucky enough to find it first.

    You can be a Blendette that did nothing for your team and still escape because you were lucky enough to find it first

    Or could be a really great survivor,but your teammates weren't able to carry their own weight and now the killer had more luck with finding the hatch/door spawns.

    Those kind of situations just feel really unfair for both sides.

    I would love to see the hatch replaced with some kind of last man standing mechanic in which both sides have equal chances to survive/get their last kill.

    But a whole new mechanic would be way too difficult to add, especially when you consider that people in this community ALWAYS find a loophole around new stuff.

    Overall, I see the hatch as the best fit. But I want to know, what would you personally add? Perhaps you have better ideas, and heck, you might even be the person to change the whole situation. If you got an idea, make a thread and tag me! <3

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285970#Comment_1285970

    A) Survivors get out via the hatch the majority of the time it becomes an issue. It's why every other thread for a while was deriding "sweaty killers slugging for the 4k". Also, doors are RNG. I've had them spawn so far apart that it was 100% a free escape for the survivor, literally impossible to get from one to the other in a straight line fast enough. Besides, even if it's 50/50, how is that bad? The team failed in every way.

    B) That's the definition of "free". The team failed, but you still get a chance at a win.

    C) That's how team games work. You live and die with the team, generally. You're not entitled to something extra because you think your team sucked.

    Also, D) The hatch is a classic example of the survivor-centric thinking of the game. Survivors were behaving poorly, holding games hostage, refusing to do objectives. So what do the devs do? Make the offenders easier to find somehow? Punish them with a timer earlier? No, they give them a chance at a free win in the hopes that hurting the killer that way would be enough to satisfy them so that they'd stop trying to harm them another way.

    Seriously, survivors complaining about the hatch are startlingly oblivious or entitled. It's literally only there to give them something good enough for free in the hopes of getting them to stop throwing temper tantrums.

    This ^

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    The arguments didn't come out of nowhere, that's basically just what this forum does all the God damn time...

    User 1: Makes a unique thread about something they don't like that hasn't been talked about in forever

    User 2-6677722354834: Oh that's something I hate too! I'm going to make a new thread about it instead of just commenting on THE DAMN THREAD THAT ALREADY EXISTS!!!!!!

    Every. Freakin. Time.

    Honestly, I read a thread from a person the other day which was actually him discussing the hatch in a normal way, but my god, he sparked something. Hatch is a hot topic even in the game.

  • @dhealy646 said:

    Hatch can be easily removed by starting the EGC as soon as the 3rd survivor is sacrificed. This would still give the survivor a chance at escape but will be tilted in the killers favour slightly more as it should be because they won the game for gods sake. This would fix the hatch and key problem while still giving the losing survivors a free escape sometimes

    Faster killers would be too strong in that situation.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285970#Comment_1285970

    A) Survivors get out via the hatch the majority of the time it becomes an issue. It's why every other thread for a while was deriding "sweaty killers slugging for the 4k". Also, doors are RNG. I've had them spawn so far apart that it was 100% a free escape for the survivor, literally impossible to get from one to the other in a straight line fast enough. Besides, even if it's 50/50, how is that bad? The team failed in every way.

    B) That's the definition of "free". The team failed, but you still get a chance at a win.

    C) That's how team games work. You live and die with the team, generally. You're not entitled to something extra because you think your team sucked.

    Also, D) The hatch is a classic example of the survivor-centric thinking of the game. Survivors were behaving poorly, holding games hostage, refusing to do objectives. So what do the devs do? Make the offenders easier to find somehow? Punish them with a timer earlier? No, they give them a chance at a free win in the hopes that hurting the killer that way would be enough to satisfy them so that they'd stop trying to harm them another way.

    Seriously, survivors complaining about the hatch are startlingly oblivious or entitled. It's literally only there to give them something good enough for free in the hopes of getting them to stop throwing temper tantrums.

    I just don't understand why ANYONE complains about the hatch tbh, makes no sense.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285987#Comment_1285987

    I just don't understand why ANYONE complains about the hatch tbh, makes no sense.

    Me neither.

    I don't mind that it exists. I don't mind how it works. I do kinda mind WHY it exists, but I can't change that.

  • @Tiersis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285938#Comment_1285938

    As the guy who was away for 7 months, yes, I made the thread after I was surprised that someone got away using the hatch when they didn't get a single gen done. Last I played you have to have the team get at least 2. I know hatch standoffs were a thing back in the day, which was awful and boring. I just never Imagined that the fix to survivors holding the games hostage would be to just let them escape.

    That would be like me giving my 3 year old Ice cream at bed time just because he throws a hard enough temper tantrum and keeps trying to open the fridge.

    P.S. The new mechanic was thoroughly explained in the other thread, I get how it works now. If I want a 4k I have to first fine the hatch, and either slug or make sure I hook right on top of it to close it, then race them to the exit gates.

    So what's your opinion on it overall? It wasn't your thread that made me want to write this, but I've seen people complaining everywhere even in game, so I decided to make a thread on it.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286149#Comment_1286149

    Me neither.

    I don't mind that it exists. I don't mind how it works. I do kinda mind WHY it exists, but I can't change that.

    I mean, I don't think it's possible to prevent survivors holding the game hostage without the hatch mechanic. Even if they cut it straight to EGC, that's unfair on survivors, and would be complained about.

  • I'm glad people see my way of thinking, the complaints are driving me crazy.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286095#Comment_1286095

    But a whole new mechanic would be way too difficult to add, especially when you consider that people in this community ALWAYS find a loophole around new stuff.

    Overall, I see the hatch as the best fit. But I want to know, what would you personally add? Perhaps you have better ideas, and heck, you might even be the person to change the whole situation. If you got an idea, make a thread and tag me! <3

    I do have an interesting idea i think.Not sure how balanced it would be but i will make a thread about my idea later in the feedback section and tag you :)


    At the end of the day the hatch is in an alright spot right now.It could use some changes to make it more fair for both sides but there are certain killers/maps/perks etc. that would need a change much more than the hatch does.

  • @dhealy646 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286146#Comment_1286146

    Not on lerys the game and Hawkins. Besides why shouldn't it be strong for the killer. They won the game, the fact the survivors even have a second chance to escape should be taken for granted

    It already is strong for the killer, they are faster so finding the hatch is in their advantage, and not only that, but when EGC starts, they can use LOS to protect gates from a distance. You just want it to be no chance for the survivors, which is unfair completely.

    Lerys, The Game and Hawkins happen to be some of the worst maps for survivors anyways, each having lots of unsafe pallets (although Lerys isn't THAT bad, it's still killer sided). Perhaps the gates should be closer in exchange for some more safe pallets (don't touch The Game though, that one doesn't need pallet buffs and Lerys could perhaps be left, but maps like the Saloon and Hawkins are ridiculous).

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286136#Comment_1286136

    I do have an interesting idea i think.Not sure how balanced it would be but i will make a thread about my idea later in the feedback section and tag you :)

    At the end of the day the hatch is in an alright spot right now.It could use some changes to make it more fair for both sides but there are certain killers/maps/perks etc. that would need a change much more than the hatch does.

    Thanks! I want to see because I haven't thought of anything tbh. Also, as I said above, maps like Lerys, The Game and Hawkins could totally use changes to fix the hatch mess.

  • @dhealy646 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286185#Comment_1286185

    All indoor maps suck for nurse spirit hillbilly and oni. They are the top 4 killers and have the mobility. This means even if they win on these maps which sucks for them they still can't patrol the doors. Survivors escaped through the doors about 4 times against me today. And I closed the hatch 4 times. I lost about 10 kills to the hatch as well. Meaning out of 18 games I 4kd 4 times when I should have 4kd 18 times.

    Oni does fine on indoor maps, I main him so I'd know. Can't argue with Billy, and Spirit also does fine, again, I main her.

    Perhaps you're the issue here, not the map design.

    Spirit isn't affected by maps AT ALL.

    Oni, Lerys can be tough, but doable.

    Billy, only Lerys can ruin his momentum, but he's still fast and can use the sides of the map to travel, I used to main him too.

    And Billy isn't top 4, he's 5th because his map reliance puts him below Hag, again, I've played both killers and my opinion was formed on their strength as I saw them.

    Edit, forgot to include Nurse, only Lerys sucks for her, but the nature of her power can give her a chance but only if you're ON IT. The Game is her best, and Hawkins isn't anything new for her. Yamaoka Estate sucks for her though...

  • Anyways, @dhealy646 give me an unbiased idea that would be fair for both sides, and I'll take you seriously. Because right now, you're only telling me YOUR experiences and giving no solution to help your case which is also fair to the other side.

  • I still stand by my post i think the best possible solution to solve a huge issue with hatch is the death timer being applied to hatch when someone dc's i think its a fair and a logical mechanic that would solve a lot of stress around the hatch and it would also nerf tactical dc's into oblivion which would calm many people down that complain about hatch.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    I still stand by my post i think the best possible solution to solve a huge issue with hatch is the death timer being applied to hatch when someone dc's i think its a fair and logical mechanic that would solve a lot of stress around the hatch and it would also nerf tactical dc's into oblivion which would calm my people down that complain about hatch.

    Yeah, I actually agreed with you about adding a death timer for DC's too. That's the only constructive one I've seen.

  • @Poweas said:

    How 'bout the devs bring back hatch standoffs, so these newer players can see how imbalanced hatch WAS and what detrimental impact it had on games, because these newer players seem to think hatch is 'bs' in its current state, when it really isn't.

    It isn't a 'free escape'. Hatch is there to prevent the survivor hiding forever, and also to give survivors a chance if they were stuck with a bad team.

    I'm genuinely disgusted at the entitlement being shown. I'm grateful (as both sides) that hatch standoffs were removed, and I think hatch is balanced.

    I'm not trying to shove my opinion down people's throat, but these hatch complaints are showing a whole new level of entitlement.

    Yes, for the Love of God.

    YES! Bring it back so they can know what 1 or 2 hour hatch stand offs really mean.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286224#Comment_1286224

    Yeah, I actually agreed with you about adding a death timer for DC's too. That's the only constructive one I've seen.

    Thanks again that means a lot again i dont think the problem is hatch i think its the abuse that exists around the mechanic i think if you fix the abuse the complaints will slowly dwindle.

  • @dhealy646 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286209#Comment_1286209

    I main oni too. I literally have a you tube channel. Hawkins is horrible with him and is just as bad if not worse than lerys. Billy is way better than hag due to coordinated teams destroying her.

    Spirit is affected by indoor maps due to all the turns and walls making it very hard to quickly track scratches on the ground.

    Nope, if a Spirit tracks by scratch marks, they're probably not going to win anyways no matter what map it is, it's all about sounds with her. I've mained Spirit before at a very high level (not to sound like a narcissist, but I did face and thrash SWF's a LOT) so I know what you're saying is wrong.

    Billy aint half as good as Hag. Coordinated SWF's destroy him too, the only killers who wouldn't lose are Nurse and Spirit lmfao. Again, I've played both at a high enough level to know them inside out. Hag against SWF is rough, but if your build has STBFL and you're unpredictable with your traps, you can dominate, but it's vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy difficult. Billy isn't as good as her, not even half as good. He's still a great killer, but he's no Hag.

  • Being a Switch player who came late to the game I have no idea what old hatch was like. I'm dedicated Killer and I have no complaints for how it works now, as I have always known it. Just my 2 cents.

  • @dhealy646 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286213#Comment_1286213

    My idea is biased because it should be. A free escape should not be a thing. Free kills don't exist (don't say mori it's not built in) hatch is like if 4 survivors are alive and open the gates but one is instantly killed 50% of the time because they beat the killer. First the survivors can beat the killer. Then hatch is a 50 50. Then keys can be found in chests with about a 1 in 10 chance. Then doors are a 50 50. That's 3 50 50 chances a survivor gets to escape plus a 1 in 10 chance. While the killer has a 50 50 chance to beat the survivors before they win.

    If you're bringing keys into it, Mori will be brought in, and they're the definition of free kills.

    And again, your idea is flawed, I've already explained why so I wont bother again. Doors aren't a '50/50' they're killer biased, aside from some maps, and again, I've already explained why.

    This discussion isn't going anywhere, let's agree to disagree.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286230#Comment_1286230

    Thanks again that means a lot again i dont think the problem is hatch i think its the abuse that exists around the mechanic i think if you fix the abuse the complaints will slowly dwindle.

    Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with you!

    @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153716/these-hatch-complaints-came-out-of-nowhere

    Yes, for the Love of God.

    YES! Bring it back so they can know what 1 or 2 hour hatch stand offs really mean.

    :P I wonder how long it'd take until they're begging for the current hatches to be brought back.

  • @SpookyStabby said:

    Being a Switch player who came late to the game I have no idea what old hatch was like. I'm dedicated Killer and I have no complaints for how it works now, as I have always known it. Just my 2 cents.

    And you are, my good sir, a person who I can agree with. Watch videos of hatch standoffs and just tell me what you think lol, it was horrible.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286238#Comment_1286238

    Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with you!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286236#Comment_1286236

    :P I wonder how long it'd take until they're begging for the current hatches to be brought back.

    lol see how they'll like being t-bagged for 2 hours and not being able to do anything but just watch.

    I'll give them, literally from sun down to sun up.

  • @dhealy646 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286248#Comment_1286248

    Try playing hag on a massive map with flashlights and survivors who either get chased or do gens all the time. Try it if 2 people are always on gens while 1 unhooks or 3 on gens while 1 is chased. You will lose 1 gen per chase. Hillbilly can instadown. He can slug almost as good as oni and he has the best mobility in the game in outdoor maps.

    I have, and I've lost at times, won at times. Billy would also die against the calibre of survivors I faced, because those survivors wouldn't let him get a saw in. You're not changing my mind on that.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286259#Comment_1286259

    lol see how they'll like being t-bagged for 2 hours and not being able to do anything but just watch.

    I'll give them, literally from sun down to sun up.

    That long? I'd give it half an hour of the change and they'd all flood the forums.

  • @dhealy646 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286270#Comment_1286270

    But that's besides the point. The point is killers shouldn't be robbed so easily of a kill points and probably a pip just because they played well

    Wait, are you complaining about SWF too now? Why've you gone so far off topic?

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286266#Comment_1286266

    That long? I'd give it half an hour of the change and they'd all flood the forums.

    lol

    @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286291#Comment_1286291

    Wait, are you complaining about SWF too now? Why've you gone so far off topic?

    Because they're finding literally anything to whine about.

    Gen Tapping is a complain now.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286291#Comment_1286291

    Wait, are you complaining about SWF too now? Why've you gone so far off topic?

    Always, and will continue to do so until it gets some kind of balance. It straight up gives an extra advantage to the survivors without giving anything to the killer to make up for that advantage. Its unbalanced.

  • @Poweas said:

    How 'bout the devs bring back hatch standoffs, so these newer players can see how imbalanced hatch WAS and what detrimental impact it had on games, because these newer players seem to think hatch is 'bs' in its current state, when it really isn't.

    It isn't a 'free escape'. Hatch is there to prevent the survivor hiding forever, and also to give survivors a chance if they were stuck with a bad team.

    I'm genuinely disgusted at the entitlement being shown. I'm grateful (as both sides) that hatch standoffs were removed, and I think hatch is balanced.

    I'm not trying to shove my opinion down people's throat, but these hatch complaints are showing a whole new level of entitlement.

    Dear god no,

    No

    No

    No

    Please bro, dont give them any ideas. The hatch is finally more fair now.

  • These complaints didn't come out of no where at all, they've been here since hatch existed. Also, no one is saying hatch wasn't worse before, but it is still a terrible mechanic as it is.

    "I'm genuinely disgusted at the entitlement being shown."

    Entitlement is expecting the hatch. It's a free and undeserved escape.

    Current hatch is the equivalent of the killer killing no one but as the last survivor goes to run out the gate it blocks him from leaving to give the killer a free kill so he at least gets something. Sound like a stupid idea? Exactly, that's what hatch currently is.

  • the hatch is a free escape


    Someone people define free hits as something very likely to land...

    Or moris free kills because it skips hook steps... dispite the effort of the first chase and hook and required rescue and resource

    Some people even define free wins as anyone playing irr huntress or spirt because they seem simple or OP


    The hatch doesn't require any perks. Progress, effort in the slightest. You don't need to help your team. You don't need to be lucky or even look that hard for one you don't need prep or use a strat. You expend nothing jumping hatch that opens instantly and escapes the same. The killer can't even stop you by downing you and its impossible to catch you. You can even DC to give someone else the hatch

    You used to at least need to do gens not even that. Just exist and exit for a victory

    Yeah every single game this has an opportunity to happen


    The hatch needs to go.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285970#Comment_1285970

    A) Survivors get out via the hatch the majority of the time it becomes an issue. It's why every other thread for a while was deriding "sweaty killers slugging for the 4k". Also, doors are RNG. I've had them spawn so far apart that it was 100% a free escape for the survivor, literally impossible to get from one to the other in a straight line fast enough. Besides, even if it's 50/50, how is that bad? The team failed in every way.

    B) That's the definition of "free". The team failed, but you still get a chance at a win.

    C) That's how team games work. You live and die with the team, generally. You're not entitled to something extra because you think your team sucked.

    Also, D) The hatch is a classic example of the survivor-centric thinking of the game. Survivors were behaving poorly, holding games hostage, refusing to do objectives. So what do the devs do? Make the offenders easier to find somehow? Punish them with a timer earlier? No, they give them a chance at a free win in the hopes that hurting the killer that way would be enough to satisfy them so that they'd stop trying to harm them another way.

    Seriously, survivors complaining about the hatch are startlingly oblivious or entitled. It's literally only there to give them something good enough for free in the hopes of getting them to stop throwing temper tantrums.

    Mega upvote.

  • (Imagine this if you will... )

    A gen is done before the killer finds anyone or cross the map 4alive4gens

    [With me so far ?]

    Once Survior is found chased and hooked in a record breaking 25 seconds walks to the hook in 5 seconds

    A second survior stops doing his gen and pulls off the first hooked right in front of the killer

    But its been 10 seconds and now 2 survivors are half done 2 more gens

    The killer tunnels but why ? He has a mori ! Oh noooo. He runs and kills the first in just ten seconds flat oh my she barely ran she didn't even try to shake him. He does a 5 second mori animation of pleasure. 2 gens pop

    We are at 3 gens popped 3 alive

    (If this sounds like basically every game ever and its not imaginary leave an upvote now please. )


    The next player to die or DC or do a gen spawns the hatch for remaining

    If they didn't bring a key... they have 3 strong shots to get one outta chest.

    While surviors have 4 count them with meee FOR offerings to give them more chest spawns and more key chances... AND 4 items slots to have a hatch affecting key or map(and if you don't use it and someone else does you still keep it) AND but wait. Derrs MORE perks to affect the item drops from chests or help you locate hatch

    Killer has litterally nothing to help him.



    Even then... after the hatch you've worked nothing for to open for you... after failing to help your team failing to escape on your own and and failing to find the hatch dispite all your advantages... you still get the gates powered for another chance


    So if your like me a survior who hides by the gates waiting for the killer to close the hatch knowing this powers the gates for me and its too far away for him to possibly catch me anyway... even when I didn't use hatch the hatch still helps me win.


    Yeah the hatch needs to get removed

  • What was the old hatch?

  • Back when I used to play, it could only be opened if at least 2 gens had gotten done, but the killer was not able to close it.

  • @Flyguy115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286266#Comment_1286266

    Question, if a team only gets one gen done, do you think they deserve hatch? please answer in a non bias way

    Non Bias?

    I'm a killer main, they deserve a CHANCE at an escape.

    The killer deserves a CHANCE at his 4k.

  • @Flyguy115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286266#Comment_1286266

    Question, if a team only gets one gen done, do you think they deserve hatch? please answer in a non bias way

    No, I think they had the right idea in the old system requiring at least 2 gens to be done. In the current state of the game, survivors can get 1 gen done sometimes before a killer can even possibly reach them across the map.

    I don't think I'd feel cheated out of a kill if the team at least did SOMETHING to earn that hatch appearing.

    Same from the survivor side, though I play that less. Even if 1 person AFKs or drops, or hides, your team should still be able to manage 2 gens to see if they can escape.

    I'd leave in the current mechanic of closing the hatch to avoid standoffs. Those weren't fun for anyone. As well as the timer.

  • @Flyguy115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286611#Comment_1286611

    then how do you feel about people dcing to give others the hatch? or keys? because if used correctly they can prevent the killer from getting a 4k. just like using a mori can prevent a survivor from having the chance to escape.

    Keys don't bother me 1 bit.

    DC'ing for hatch is a scummy, petty move, I don't agree with it. Playing fair is my way to go.

โ€น 1 2 3