Why doesn't Fixated's walk speed apply when injured?

Makes no sense to me, it'd be kinda good if it did.

Comments

  • This is the biggest thing holding the perk back. Urban Evasion used to be like that too and they changed it so Idk why Fixated has that condition

  • It should. There are a lot of perks that need buffing but BHVR simply won't touch them

  • Because the perk isn't called Brokenated...

    Wish it did work while injured. I'd throw it on my Bill that I RP with. He has No Mither so that he's constantly coughing from the cigarette.

  • Because they like designing perks with little caveats that make them less useful. It's a running theme with the Stranger Things DLC in particular.

    Conceptually this makes sense; you add a diwnside to keep anything from being too strong, and if it's too weak they can just remove the downside and not have to make any major alterations.

    However in practice we end up getting perks like Cruel Confinement (sorry, but Cruel Limits is objectively a worse name), Mindbreaker, Second Wind, Solidarity, Surge, Furtive Chase, Déjà Vu, No One Left Behind, and etc. where the downsides keep the perks from being useful in anything but very niche situations. And then they STAY like that for months or years.

    I obviously can't judge the devs, given my ignorance of BHVR's workplace or tradecraft. But I can say that the fact so many perks can go so long without any changes to make them feel more useful or reliable doesn't impress me as a player; or help enthuse me about new DLC perk releases.

  • To be honest sometimes I give up on running when injured and just let the killer Hit me. I’d would rather the killer end me so I can move on to the next game.

  • I agree, I think it should still apply while injured. The perk itself even while healthy isn't even extremely game changing either, don't get me wrong, I think it's a great perk to use especially when you pair it up with Sprint Burst and Vigil, but I think it would be a pretty nice change they did and I don't think it would be overpowered if they did change it.

  • They've been really quiet about this perk for some reason. =/

    Since it's release many players have been wondering the same thing.

  • Great perk, odd limiter to be sure. That's the devs in a nutshell isn't it though? They love slapping condition after condition on every perk. Especially when it doesn't make sense. There'd be better perk diversity if things were less conditional.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    This is the biggest thing holding the perk back. Urban Evasion used to be like that too and they changed it so Idk why Fixated has that condition

    It really just makes no sense. It'd be like Urban Evasion if they buffed it, where it does an excellent job of what it's intended to (stealth) but is by no means gamebreaking.

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    If you are slowly bleeding out, would you be able to fixate on anything extremely well, or focus at all? I dont think so.

    Why are you taking perks and what they do so seriously? Would you be able to repair generators in 80 seconds? Would you be able to constantly run at a consistent speed without having to stop for a break? Would you be able to sprint for 3 seconds really fast after being slashed by a sword?

    That reasoning is terrible.

  • Probably so it doesn't buff stealth play. Imagine someone running Iron Will, Urban Evasion and Fixated on a blendette.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Probably so it doesn't buff stealth play. Imagine someone running Iron Will, Urban Evasion and Fixated on a blendette.

    No DS, Unbreakable, or Borrowed Time? Please, everyone should run this build!

  • @calem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282449#Comment_1282449

    No DS, Unbreakable, or Borrowed Time? Please, everyone should run this build!

    I see you have never had to deal with immersed survivors. It's real fun never finding anyone because stealth is so damn easy. Who tf needs second chance perks if you just rush the gens.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282497#Comment_1282497

    I see you have never had to deal with immersed survivors. It's real fun never finding anyone because stealth is so damn easy. Who tf needs second chance perks if you just rush the gens.

    Assuming I don't play killer enough to experience that? I would take immersed over sweaty groups who all run 3/4 meta perks. Immersed survivors are too busy hiding and not doing generators. Personal preference though. Plus I play a lot of Doctor.

  • @calem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282618#Comment_1282618

    Assuming I don't play killer enough to experience that? I would take immersed over sweaty groups who all run 3/4 meta perks. Immersed survivors are too busy hiding and not doing generators. Personal preference though. Plus I play a lot of Doctor.

    Makes me wonder why immersed users don't use Calm Spirit in conjunction with their builds. They'd be good against every killer in that case.

  • @Poweas said:

    Makes no sense to me, it'd be kinda good if it did.

    Would be too OP otherwise

    /s

    No but seriously,perks like that make me questioning those Devs that do the balancing.It's more or less the same like Urban evasion and they STILL make fixated only work when you're uninjured.

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    If you are slowly bleeding out, would you be able to fixate on anything extremely well, or focus at all? I dont think so.

    It's DBD, common sense doesn't apply. Would you be able to run at your normal speed after you've been 'exhausted'? No.

  • My suspicion is that they did it because the injured walking animation might appear odd when moving 20% faster, and they didn't have the time to tweak the animation. It's a very odd, unnecessary caveat otherwise.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282358#Comment_1282358

    It's DBD, common sense doesn't apply. Would you be able to run at your normal speed after you've been 'exhausted'? No.

    If someone ask for common sense in DBD, the game will be very difficult to play as survivor. Nobody can keep doing gens when he got bleeding and feel painful, not even running.

  • Because...Reasons......

  • @sanki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283420#Comment_1283420

    If someone ask for common sense in DBD, the game will be very difficult to play as survivor. Nobody can keep doing gens when he got bleeding and feel painful, not even running.

    Exactly lol.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Fixated’s condition make sense if Nancy were being used by new players to the game, using only her teachables in order to get the Adept Nancy achievement.

    Fixated is meant to teach the dangers of always running everywhere, and how scratch marks work, with the added benefit of making walking more frequently a less cumbersome way to get around.

    Knowing this, it’s supposed to get Nancy players dealing with injuries ASAP, to restore Fixated. So never ignoring totems so that Inner Strength is ready, and when totems/lockers aren’t available Better Together let’s other players know where Nancy is without Nancy wasting time trying to find someone to heal her: she’s doing something useful with her time until somebody else can reach the same gen and heal her.

    So there’s a kind of beautiful circle when you look at all 3 of Nancy’s perks as a whole.

    This said, outside of specifically using just her 3 perks exclusively, the healthy condition makes no sense for any other player experimenting with builds using Fixated.

    Pretty much everything you just said. I've heard Fixated is a pretty decent perk, but that weird limitation kind of discourages me from going out of my way to unlock it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Fixated’s condition make sense if Nancy were being used by new players to the game, using only her teachables in order to get the Adept Nancy achievement.

    Fixated is meant to teach the dangers of always running everywhere, and how scratch marks work, with the added benefit of making walking more frequently a less cumbersome way to get around.

    Knowing this, it’s supposed to get Nancy players dealing with injuries ASAP, to restore Fixated. So never ignoring totems so that Inner Strength is ready, and when totems/lockers aren’t available Better Together let’s other players know where Nancy is without Nancy wasting time trying to find someone to heal her: she’s doing something useful with her time until somebody else can reach the same gen and heal her.

    So there’s a kind of beautiful circle when you look at all 3 of Nancy’s perks as a whole.

    This said, outside of specifically using just her 3 perks exclusively, the healthy condition makes no sense for any other player experimenting with builds using Fixated.


    Yeah, that makes sense. But don't you think the devs should also focus on making the perks individually viable, like Megs or Claudettes' perks. (Yes, Botany is decent without SC to accompany it, the faster healing is really strong)

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282497#Comment_1282497

    I see you have never had to deal with immersed survivors. It's real fun never finding anyone because stealth is so damn easy. Who tf needs second chance perks if you just rush the gens.

    Just Play Doc or Legion if you have a tough time with finding people...

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    They've been really quiet about this perk for some reason. =/

    Since it's release many players have been wondering the same thing.

    No clue why. It wouldnt be OP even with Sprint Burst. It wouldnt be very strong then either.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282618#Comment_1282618

    Just Play Doc or Legion if you have a tough time with finding people...

    Yeah, you're totally right! That's a great idea! Why not only play as a certain small selection of killers to counter a basekit non-ability that all survivor have access to in a game who's main draw is a wide array of cast members! Why didn't I think of that before?

    Run [BLANK1] to counter [BLANK2] is not exactly good advice.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1284308#Comment_1284308

    Yeah, you're totally right! That's a great idea! Why not only play as a certain small selection of killers to counter a basekit non-ability that all survivor have access to in a game who's main draw is a wide array of cast members! Why didn't I think of that before?

    Run [BLANK1] to counter [BLANK2] is not exactly good advice.

    Or you can use Discordance, BBQ, Spies, or any other killer detection perks. There are multiple ways to find them. Or, you know, get gud. Use Doc to learn how survivors hide, then stop using them.

    I have learned how to hear the signs of them, grass moving, breathing without Stridor... there are ways to find people without using certain killers.

    So much for me trying to be helpful.

  • Somebody watching ussylis i see.

    On topic: Yes it needs buffs.

  • Not sure. I even made a thread about it during the PTB with a good bit of upvotes and a dev response saying that they'd pass it by the design team. The fact that they haven't touched the perk since the start of the PTB, especially considering the parallels it has with old Urban Evasion, completely bewilders me.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1284308#Comment_1284308

    Yeah, you're totally right! That's a great idea! Why not only play as a certain small selection of killers to counter a basekit non-ability that all survivor have access to in a game who's main draw is a wide array of cast members! Why didn't I think of that before?

    Run [BLANK1] to counter [BLANK2] is not exactly good advice.

    Don't most killers tell survivors to run Borrowed time to counter camping, or run DS to counter tunnelling, and proceed to complain about said perks when it's used against them? The hypocrisy in your statement is hilarious.

    Also, maybe you should track by using crows, I've found it super reliable for finding people. Don't even need Spies, if your headsets are good you can also listen for the grass moving, as @Raven014 correctly stated.

  • TL:DR

    If your bleeding why would you stop running to walk over your own scratch marks? It's not like your going to lose the killer at that point. You can juke the scratch marks but not the blood trail.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1284308#Comment_1284308

    Yeah, you're totally right! That's a great idea! Why not only play as a certain small selection of killers to counter a basekit non-ability that all survivor have access to in a game who's main draw is a wide array of cast members! Why didn't I think of that before?

    Run [BLANK1] to counter [BLANK2] is not exactly good advice.

    You hate Doctor? Just run calm spirit every game in case you get him, EZ counter

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    TL:DR

    If your bleeding why would you stop running to walk over your own scratch marks? It's not like your going to lose the killer at that point. You can juke the scratch marks but not the blood trail.

    I play injured 90% of the time, and I'd like to at least try :3

  • I used to use Fixated just to see my scratch marks, get a feel for what I've been leaving behind, and why a Killer might find me when I initially thought enough time had gone by.

    It's a good learning perk in that regard, but aside from that, I never really utilized its faster walking speed.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1284417#Comment_1284417

    Don't most killers tell survivors to run Borrowed time to counter camping, or run DS to counter tunnelling, and proceed to complain about said perks when it's used against them? The hypocrisy in your statement is hilarious.

    Also, maybe you should track by using crows, I've found it super reliable for finding people. Don't even need Spies, if your headsets are good you can also listen for the grass moving, as @Raven014 correctly stated.

    Some when was I an avatar if all killers? Everything you just said about 'counters' is pretty ######### stupid as well. Especially since I am not a killer main. Or a 'main' in general.

    And you are suggesting I spend 500-600 USD (way more in my currency) on a good soundcard and headset to accurately detect something that doesn't even get activated by crouching in a bush with UE? AND is currently bugged AF?

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285231#Comment_1285231

    Some when was I an avatar if all killers? Everything you just said about 'counters' is pretty ######### stupid as well. Especially since I am not a killer main. Or a 'main' in general.

    And you are suggesting I spend 500-600 USD (way more in my currency) on a good soundcard and headset to accurately detect something that doesn't even get activated by crouching in a bush with UE? AND is currently bugged AF?

    I never said you're an avatar for all killers. I was merely stating what the general killer sides' perspective is, and how your statement (I assumed you were killer sided, so I apologise) shows hypocrisy.

    And I never said you should spend 500-600 USD on a headset lmao, I got a cheap headset which works just fine for tracking grass moving and breathing.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286533#Comment_1286533

    I never said you're an avatar for all killers. I was merely stating what the general killer sides' perspective is, and how your statement (I assumed you were killer sided, so I apologise) shows hypocrisy.

    And I never said you should spend 500-600 USD on a headset lmao, I got a cheap headset which works just fine for tracking grass moving and breathing.

    I also have a cheap headset and I can tell you that that is not the case for me. That's a big problem with this game: they massively broke the sounds half a year ago and never really fixed them. Chase music mutes almost everything, environmental ques mute almost everything, generators and ambient sounds mute almost everything, and on top of that sound files still just randomly don't activate. This means stealth is easier than ever, even without mentioning the awful, awful maps. And there isn't a single perk in the game that makes stealth unviable. If someone wants to crouch in a bush, whispers can only tell you so much.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287182#Comment_1287182

    I also have a cheap headset and I can tell you that that is not the case for me. That's a big problem with this game: they massively broke the sounds half a year ago and never really fixed them. Chase music mutes almost everything, environmental ques mute almost everything, generators and ambient sounds mute almost everything, and on top of that sound files still just randomly don't activate. This means stealth is easier than ever, even without mentioning the awful, awful maps. And there isn't a single perk in the game that makes stealth unviable. If someone wants to crouch in a bush, whispers can only tell you so much.

    You know which sound I REALLY hate because it disorientates me? It's that stupid scream after you hook someone. I can't listen out for injured survivors over it ;-;

  • Perks need to stay trash tier just cuz

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    If you are slowly bleeding out, would you be able to fixate on anything extremely well, or focus at all? I dont think so.

    Imagine taking this game so dead serious. This isn't a life simulation, it's a game

  • Looove this perk, I often use Botany with a Medkit so healing is rarely a problem, it's also insane for avoiding the killer when paired with SB+SpineChill.



    Dunno how many times I've just walked around an object a killer circled and went unnoticed.