We out here getting moried off first hook

Stop this tunneling mori ######### i'm so over it yall

Comments

  • On the latest Q&A stream, the devs said they’re working on ideas that would change the way Mori’s work.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    On the latest Q&A stream, the devs said they’re working on ideas that would change the way Mori’s work.

    I'd like there to be a timer before a survivor becomes moriable after being unhooked.

  • Lol, I know the feeling.... I used to get first hook Mori'd constantly, but lately it's not been so bad. And that's because I've been doing one thing.... lobby dodging!

    I know, I know, only Killers are supposed to be able to lobby dodge, but get this: I haven't been mori'd in many, many games because I avoid having certain Survivors on my team. My "avoid" list consists of: Survivors with TTV in their names (or names like "Mori Me x" or "Play x"), key users, Blendettes, bunny Fengs, multiple flashlights, and three-man SWFs (since I'm the solo)! Avoiding lobbies with these people in them has cut back on the Mori usage in my games significantly, and I've actually been having very fun games against fair(er) Killers with GGs all around (even if the Killer wins!).

    Kinda sad that Killers will take such offense at these gamers (except for the key users.... they're always Blendettes, too.... no sympathy for them 😈), but you gotta do what you gotta do if you don't want to be first-hook Mori'd!

    (Also, watch out for the Killers who instantly ready-up when they get into a lobby.... I do it when I'm playing Killer because I don't care who I'm going up against, but a lot of Killers in my experience will instantly ready-up because they have an Ebony Mori equipped.... they probably feel assured that they're going to win easily, so it doesn't matter whom they face!)

  • It's happened to me 3 matches in a row tonight. Team mates literally saving me in front of the killer without borrowed time. Haven't had a single killer that targets the person who unsafely unhooked.

  • This is the only exception I have for tunnelling people. If you want to tunnel someone to kill them and get your snowball effect going then so be it, but don't do it when you are running an ebony considering you can literally take that survivor out of the game at any point you want. But ultimately nothing that can really be done about it except hide or lobby dodge like someone previously mentioned. Their strategy is actually somewhat valid as all the people they avoid are in my game (at least one type of them) 90 percent of the time a mori is used.

  • I almost never run a mori because it feels cheap. If i run it, its because Im in a slaughter mood. And if Im in a slaughter mood, im first hook moring. Again though, excedingly rare i use one, maybe once a week.

  • Well as survivor you're not expected to win against a killer with a Mori. Playing against a killer who's that insecure about their game that they have to bring the strongest item in the game and abuse it as soon as they can isn't gonna be a fun match. It's best to simply move on and pretend the match never happened.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    On the latest Q&A stream, the devs said they’re working on ideas that would change the way Mori’s work.

    I know that lol

  • I only mori on the final hook. Feels cheap otherwise. And I enjoy longer matches.

  • I just hope Moris and Keys will be nerfed very soon. Me and Claudette yesterday had Plunders + Ace in the Hole and basically both of us picked up a Skeleton Key out of a Chest and both escaped seperately in front of the Killer where he probably could've 4 man'ed.

    Bringing keys into the match isn't the problem because you can prepare. But getting a key during the match almost every match with Plunders is just unfair, especially if you get a milky glass with it or a weaved ring.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I only mori on the final hook. Feels cheap otherwise. And I enjoy longer matches.

    Not saying every killer mories off first hook. A majority of them do, though, sadly.

    @MrDardon said:

    I just hope Moris and Keys will be nerfed very soon. Me and Claudette yesterday had Plunders + Ace in the Hole and basically both of us picked up a Skeleton Key out of a Chest and both escaped seperately in front of the Killer where he probably could've 4 man'ed.

    Bringing keys into the match isn't the problem because you can prepare. But getting a key during the match almost every match with Plunders is just unfair, especially if you get a milky glass with it or a weaved ring.

    And I agree.

    Keys are ridiculous, and the least they could do is make a different item for the hatch completely.

    Make lock picks, maybe, that take just as long to open the hatch as the door, with maybe some addons that slightly increase speed. That way the killer doesn't get slapped in the face with the hatch, and it's not a definite they'll make it out if they have said item. It also gets rid of the incentive for killers to tunnel people with lock picks too :).

    As for moris, uh.. well. They should make a huge timer on them so you can't just tunnel and then mori. I'm sure they'll fix it already, though, with maybe a better idea, since they are discussing changing them.

    Sadly, since survivor is a way more widely played aspect in the game, keys might not be changed. But! We can always hope :)

  • Some people are on here talking about how people who use moris are the scum of the earth like there isn't both a daily mission for killing a survivor and multiple Tome missions that require killing survivors.

    I get it, some people suck but damn calm down. We aren't all out to ruin your day.

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    Some people are on here talking about how people who use moris are the scum of the earth like there isn't both a daily mission for killing a survivor and multiple Tome missions that require killing survivors.

    I get it, some people suck but damn calm down. We aren't all out to ruin your day.

    omegalul.PNG Lmao2.PNG

    The basement is worse than a mori. You heard it here first.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    On the latest Q&A stream, the devs said they’re working on ideas that would change the way Mori’s work.

    While they did say that moris will get a change/tweak I'm pretty sure they also said that it is not something they will change very soon,sadly.

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    Some people are on here talking about how people who use moris are the scum of the earth like there isn't both a daily mission for killing a survivor and multiple Tome missions that require killing survivors.

    I get it, some people suck but damn calm down. We aren't all out to ruin your day.

    Woah calm down dude, read the comment above yours. Don't freak out over nothing, nobody said every person who uses a mori is a garden weed.

    Just said people who tunnel and mori off first hook kind of smell like fish. K? Read what I said before seething.

  • I think you shouldn't get bloodpoints for a first hook mori. I'm pretty sure the Entity would rather have the match go for as long as possible.

  • @Snowstruck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280632#Comment_1280632

    Woah calm down dude, read the comment above yours. Don't freak out over nothing, nobody said every person who uses a mori is a garden weed.

    Just said people who tunnel and mori off first hook kind of smell like fish. K? Read what I said before seething.

    Don't worry, I wasn't referring to you, man. Just the ones calling the killers who use moris "insecure" and "trash."

    Also, I wasn't frothing at the mouth was I? My bad if my bit of hyperbole gave off the wrong impression.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280674#Comment_1280674

    By that logic, Survivors should not get BP if they finish the first generator too fast. I mean, since the Entity wants the match to be longer..

    No, by that logic- survivors shouldnt get survival points by opening the hatch

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280668#Comment_1280668

    Don't worry, I wasn't referring to you, man. Just the ones calling the killers who use moris "insecure" and "trash."

    Also, I wasn't frothing at the mouth was I? My bad if my bit of hyperbole gave off the wrong impression.

    Most killers that bring a Mori are subhuman. If I get one of those rare dailies I'll bring a green morri

  • Personally, the devs can remove moris if they also remove keys. I feel that's a fair trade. So long as Devour Hope remains unaffected. Getting those 5 stacks is hard work and if you let the killer get them you deserve to get moried.

  • I didn't mind it as much before they added dedicated servers, now that it takes on average of 8 minutes to find a match, it takes the fun out of playing.

  • It is a breath of fresh air when you get a chill killer who only uses their Mori on death hook. Those Killers get a lot of respect from me. Using it after first hook shows me that you don't want to have a fun game, instead, you want to make your opponents miserable. I respond in kind by becoming one with the bush and doing my best to drag the game on as long as possible and never letting them see me.

  • @joker7997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280679#Comment_1280679

    Most killers that bring a Mori are subhuman. If I get one of those rare dailies I'll bring a green morri

    There's still the like 5 tome challenges, 2 of which require killing *all* survivors. The other three require from 8 to 10 kills. Best case scenario thats 7 ebony moris but that's being pretty optimistic.

    I do get it, there are genuinely people out there that wish to have the most unfair advantage possible but ya shouldn't just assume cuz someone uses a mori that they wanna be a pain in the ass.

    Sometimes it's nothing personal, it's just business.

  • You SHOULD be able to Kill off first hook. If the Killer wants to tilt the power scale his way by burning an ultra rare that's up to him/her. It's the Killer equivalent to SWF and the only direct counter. So unless you plan on getting rid of that, too...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1279059#Comment_1279059

    Probably shouldn’t be recommending/suggesting this in the forums. It might get you banned.

    It's not dcing, it's lobby dodging. If killers can dodge keys survivors can dodge moris. Noone wants to play against that crap.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1279059#Comment_1279059

    Probably shouldn’t be recommending/suggesting this in the forums. It might get you banned.

    Actually, it doesn't do anything. Nobody loses their offerings either, so all it does is dodge a bad game, in most cases.

  • @Dweeteater said:

    You SHOULD be able to Kill off first hook. If the Killer wants to tilt the power scale his way by burning an ultra rare that's up to him/her. It's the Killer equivalent to SWF and the only direct counter. So unless you plan on getting rid of that, too...

    And uh LOL if you think the only counter to a swf is mori off first hook you must be a rank 10 killer, because a good killer can easily counter a swf. Most swfs aren't even that great, and if they are, it's still counter able. It's not the "only direct counter", are you kidding me-

    And no, they aren't getting rid of swfs.

    Just get good? Like seriously, killers who whine and say they should get rid of swfs, just.. oh my god.

    If you SERIOUSLY think the only counter to swfs is a mori and tunnel of first hook then LOL... good luck.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280910#Comment_1280910

    Lobby dodging is specifically leaving the lobby only.

    Closing the app during the offering screen or loading screen IS IN FACT DC’ING.

    The remaining players have their time wasted waiting for the game to load, only to be presented with the “match cancelled” notification, and THEN have to wait through another loading screen before they’re able to search for a new lobby.

    How much do you rely on moris to report me for that? Like I said it wasn't even me that dodges them, so apologies for suggesting it, doesn't mean moris aren't for trash players.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Personally, the devs can remove moris if they also remove keys. I feel that's a fair trade. So long as Devour Hope remains unaffected. Getting those 5 stacks is hard work and if you let the killer get them you deserve to get moried.

    I don't want them to remove moris. I simply want them to change moris.

    Same with keys. Change them drastically, do not rid of them.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Personally, the devs can remove moris if they also remove keys. I feel that's a fair trade. So long as Devour Hope remains unaffected. Getting those 5 stacks is hard work and if you let the killer get them you deserve to get moried.

    I don't want them to remove moris. I simply want them to change moris.

    Same with keys. Change them drastically, do not rid of them.

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280876#Comment_1280876

    There's still the like 5 tome challenges, 2 of which require killing *all* survivors. The other three require from 8 to 10 kills. Best case scenario thats 7 ebony moris but that's being pretty optimistic.

    I do get it, there are genuinely people out there that wish to have the most unfair advantage possible but ya shouldn't just assume cuz someone uses a mori that they wanna be a pain in the ass.

    Sometimes it's nothing personal, it's just business.

    Those should really be removed. Along with the one to kill all 4 people in the basement. Why BHVR encourages the most unfun and obnoxious game play for survivors is beyond me.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    On the latest Q&A stream, the devs said they’re working on ideas that would change the way Mori’s work.

    And it’s gonna take a year at the very at least.

  • @joker7997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280985#Comment_1280985

    Ya well any survivor staying in the match is wasting their time too because ebony moris are so overpowered it's ridiculous. Unless the killer is amongst the worst players in the game they will get a 3/4k. But like I said I don't do it but I have one member of my group that does it 9/10 times.

    Just because moris are strong it doesnt mean players with it are trash. Same goes for keys, noed, ds etc.

    Maybe you should git gud?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280910#Comment_1280910

    Lobby dodging is specifically leaving the lobby only.

    Closing the app during the offering screen or loading screen IS IN FACT DC’ING.

    The remaining players have their time wasted waiting for the game to load, only to be presented with the “match cancelled” notification, and THEN have to wait through another loading screen before they’re able to search for a new lobby.

    It is sort of it's own thing, as it doesn't lead to a DC penalty.

    I personally find it a bit odd that it doesn't, but that's how it is. I wouldn't mind if it gave a penalty either way but I'm sure there's people that wouldn't like being "forced" to play against moris or last second switch squads with map offerings.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280993#Comment_1280993

    Just because moris are strong it doesnt mean players with it are trash. Same goes for keys, noed, ds etc.

    Maybe you should git gud?

    I would have to agree with you here. Since Ozt did want to test out noed one day. So someone using noed doesn't mean they are trash, they could be trying to test out how effective something is. To see what the results of it are. That and in case of moris, well we do have dailies that are kill one survivor with your hand using x killer. Which can be done without a mori, if you bring something like rancor or devour hope. Long as you kill a survivor, be it by rancor, devour hope. It still count towards the daily. That or someone might want to see the cool animation for once or simply just get rid of the offering before they prestige a character. Many reasons why someone might use something. Be it a offering, perk or item.

  • @Hippie said:

    Lol, I know the feeling.... I used to get first hook Mori'd constantly, but lately it's not been so bad. And that's because I've been doing one thing.... lobby dodging!

    I know, I know, only Killers are supposed to be able to lobby dodge, but get this: I haven't been mori'd in many, many games because I avoid having certain Survivors on my team. My "avoid" list consists of: Survivors with TTV in their names (or names like "Mori Me x" or "Play x"), key users, Blendettes, bunny Fengs, multiple flashlights, and three-man SWFs (since I'm the solo)! Avoiding lobbies with these people in them has cut back on the Mori usage in my games significantly, and I've actually been having very fun games against fair(er) Killers with GGs all around (even if the Killer wins!).

    Kinda sad that Killers will take such offense at these gamers (except for the key users.... they're always Blendettes, too.... no sympathy for them 😈), but you gotta do what you gotta do if you don't want to be first-hook Mori'd!

    (Also, watch out for the Killers who instantly ready-up when they get into a lobby.... I do it when I'm playing Killer because I don't care who I'm going up against, but a lot of Killers in my experience will instantly ready-up because they have an Ebony Mori equipped.... they probably feel assured that they're going to win easily, so it doesn't matter whom they face!)

    I tend to instantly ready up because I already setup my build before the lobby opened and I'm confident I can handle whatever is thrown at me. Don't have to have an ebony mori to show confidence. I'll often times do it with brown or yellow addons.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1281262#Comment_1281262

    That becomes a slippery slope though then.

    You’d then have killers doing it because flashlights and keys were selected right before the 5 second countdown.

    And also how is it much different than when survivors decide they just don’t like a certain killer once the match loads up and DC right at the start?

    I sort of agree, it is a disconnect and it's simply based on something people dislike that they can learn about before the match actually starts. At the same time I do think it's not as bad as disconnecting once the match has started though, as if someone DCs on the loading screen the match is simply cancelled. Still annoying, but doesn't ruin a match and consume addons/offerings.

    I personally do think it should lead to a DC penalty, but I also feel like that would be a pretty unpopular change (not saying that's a reason to never change it though!). And that's without mentioning the times where people just... actually fail to load into the match. Completely out of a player's control unlike something like a player on dodgy wifi complaining they get timed out when they DC every other match, that's something they can at least be aware of happening.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    On the latest Q&A stream, the devs said they’re working on ideas that would change the way Mori’s work.

    about 4 yrs too late. used to just be able to kill them without hooking LOL thats how ######### the design is

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    On the latest Q&A stream, the devs said they’re working on ideas that would change the way Mori’s work.

    They probably push it to require the person to be on death hook before you can mori them.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280993#Comment_1280993

    Just because moris are strong it doesnt mean players with it are trash. Same goes for keys, noed, ds etc.

    Maybe you should git gud?

    Clearly you are simply a killer main, try playing survivor for a month and see how you feel about Ebonys. For the record I never use keys or moris, because they are for trash players.

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280985#Comment_1280985

    It is sort of it's own thing, as it doesn't lead to a DC penalty.

    I personally find it a bit odd that it doesn't, but that's how it is. I wouldn't mind if it gave a penalty either way but I'm sure there's people that wouldn't like being "forced" to play against moris or last second switch squads with map offerings.

    I agree but recieved a warning for encouraging DCs because an ebony mori reliant rat reported me. So as far as this forum goes it is considered dcing. It's not fair that killers can dodge lobbies but not survivors.

  • @joker7997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1281211#Comment_1281211

    Clearly you are simply a killer main, try playing survivor for a month and see how you feel about Ebonys. For the record I never use keys or moris, because they are for trash players.

    i am not a killer main i played much more survuvor and still do.

    I also could say now you are a survivor main.

    Just because someone defends something it doesnt mean they main it.

    Maybe you learn it soon, kid.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1281547#Comment_1281547

    i am not a killer main i played much more survuvor and still do.

    I also could say now you are a survivor main.

    Just because someone defends something it doesnt mean they main it.

    Maybe you learn it soon, kid.

    Jesus Christ I'm probably old enough to be your dad don't call me kid

  • @joker7997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1281573#Comment_1281573

    Jesus Christ I'm probably old enough to be your dad don't call me kid

    How will you know ? If you arent a kid then dont act like one.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1281634#Comment_1281634

    How will you know ? If you arent a kid then dont act like one.

    Whack whack

  • Nice to see that you didnt response to the other things i said.

    Git gud.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1281782#Comment_1281782

    Nice to see that you didnt response to the other things i said.

    Git gud.

    Yeah someone on the internet who knows nothing about me telling me to git gud. Grow up

‹ 1 2