What are your unpopular opinions?
In dead by daylight there are many, many opinions, especially due to the amount of playstyles, killers and perks.
Most people agree on certain things like "Hillbilly should use BBQ" or "Demogorgon is a fun killer to play against".
They don't have to be killer related, that's just what came to mind.
So, what are your unpopular opinions?
Tagged:
Trusted

Comments
Rather than making the post to long, I thought I'd comment mine.
DS is too inconsistent to be meta.
Spirit is a fun killer to play against unless they use Mother Daughter Ring.
Some games are won or lost before you even start playing. Where did the survivors/killers spawn? Do they counter you? Are you playing a character that does better on indoor maps or outdoor maps? Did you get lucky?
Then the players come into consideration only after. Of course, the survivors/killers could derp out despite being given a truckload of of advantages, but I'm talking about random, casual play.
NOED, SB, DH, Decisive, Adrenaline, BBQ and Pop goes the weasel are fine and need no nerfs.
I think every Killer in the game is fine as is, they don't need much changes barring a few that require add-on reworks such as Billy, Bubba and Huntress.
Yes, that also means I think they're mostly fun to go up against, and the ones I do have issues with I tend to not be bothered with because it's just a part of the game.
With that said, I don't think "Fun" should be factored in when it comes to balance. If something you find "Boring" is still fine and alright balance wise, then it should stay that way.
Hillbillies who get 90% of their downs with chainsaws are actually trash killers who have to rely on instant-downs. His chainsaw is his POWER not a weapon.
I agree with all of them except NoeD. I think that needs a slight nerf that makes it related to your performance.
Pig is the best killer to learn....
Hilbilly is the hardest killer too learn
Maybe a rework would be in order, but I don't know, I never use it unless it's a Nurse behind gates build to be honest, and I've got over it as survivor. (To satisfy my delicate ego, I assume the killer is learning)
That's the definitely a controversial one as a Hillbilly main, but overall it depends on the map and loop imo. To me if the survivor gives you the chance, take it. If there isn't an opening for a chainsaw, M1 them.
I've used it when someone unhooked in my face, but I generally use the mallet. Overwhelming majority of my chainsaws are from accidental snipes.
I preferred old DS. While it was (and still is) completely busted, it was at least easier to deal with in its previous form. Enduring made it much less of an issue, and there was no timer you had to keep track of. I'd much rather have enduring perma-locked into my build than having to remember who got unhooked and for how long every single match.
The Kate hype is overrated.
I've seen you post this opinion multiple times and I'm just baffled as to how someone can have this opinion. Do you think the devs just accidentally made it one shot? If it was just supposed to be for mobility, why would there be a charge time?
My unpopular opinion is that I think that Deathslinger is probably top 3 killers in the game, behind Nurse and Spirit. If played correctly, his power is uncounterable save for lucky guesses, much like spirit. And like Spirit, every time you "guess" against DS it costs you, so both Spirit and DS can get downs without ever using their power, just by faking it. Just stand still as Spirit, or ADS as Deathslinger.
Jeff is the best survivor.
There's nothing wrong with "relying" on certain perks.
๐
100% Relying on certain perks for 4k/escape makes you a bad killer/Survivor
Hag is tied with Billy as the 3rd best killer in the game
Hate to break your spirit, but Lightborn doesn't effect lightburn
Wraith with the right build is surprisingly good. Lightborn tbh is totally worthless, sorry, but BBQ/Spirit Fury/Enduring/Pop and Purple Windstorm and Allseeing is a pretty nasty build. Just munch thru pallets and get windstorm lunges and you can 4k pretty consistently.
No. And I think that getting a down with it by doing something SKILLFUL such as baiting out a pallet that they don't drop should be rewarded. NOT holding a chainsaw because you're in a range in centimeters shorter than Leatherface's IQ.
Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
7 - Freddy already puts survivors to sleep when he hits them.
10 - You have hundreds of thousands if not millions of euros stashed away?
Basically wrong statements.
Survivors shouldn't be put to sleep for no reason already. He's the only killer that gives survivors debuffs for doing absolutely nothing on his own.
Yes.
Bitter murmur is the best perk ever especially for piggy ๐ท๐
Good lord that's a lot of yikes opinions. Perfect for this thread lol
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Herman Carter, the Doctor?
Lightborn is a perk that accomplishes nothing but what the player can do themselves with a little forethought. Watch for flashlights in lobbies, bait out flashlight saves, or just look at a wall. It's a total waste of a perk slot when you could be using things infinitely stronger.
But yeah Wraith is honestly one of my fav killers. He's pretty basic, but I think he has a lot of depth that people overlook once you slap windstorm on him. The problem is that without windstorm he's dogshit lol
Exactly.
Some are pretty understandable though. =]
Well the replies are just perfect as to why I think balancing around "fun" should never be a priority.
Okay, I'd rather have Passive Madness than Swing Chains, Jump Rope being a debuff for just being alive for 60 seconds.
=]
Nurse does "still have the most potential" and anyone who says she isn't "the best killer" is either a survivor main or has never gotten good on Nurse. EVER.
DS is problematic.
Rank doesn't actually have an impact on what happens during the game.
It's okay to try to have fun in DbD and you shouldn't have to tie your enjoyment to the game to how many kills you got or whether you pipped or not.
I like all Coldwind Farm maps.
We've found the Heathen.
When's the Salem Witch Trials for such an atrocity of an opinion? *angery noises*
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
I've been blessed with corn-vision immunity, Survivors will NOT lose me in cornfields & 360s WILL fail...
Okay i'm not perfect, but just saying they're mostly not safer there than in an open field.
Nurse is not that good. Buggy low-mid tier killer.
It used to be Hex:Ruin needs a rework - boy did people hate that one. My request was actually the most downvoted suggestion on a reddit Q&A poll, and then like two weeks later BHVR announced the rework - I definitely sipped some wine and laughed maniacally at that.
I think my same old complaints about the terrible and sometimes neglected new player experience. A lot of people don't think it's worth BHVR's time or effort. That's a valid opinion, but I think mine is, too.
Midget with fedora hat lmao
Who in their right mind would think pop needs a nerf
That the balance of a killer should be based around how effective base kit is. Deathslinger is fine, but Trapper needs some serious work (my opinion, of course. I can get 4ks with default Deathslinger no problem, and even play with rusty chain only sometimes, while trapper... they need something)...
Also, Aftercare is the best survivor perk because it relies on skill of the user to get worth from it, and helps the team out in the process.
That forum agendas are a thing here and we have the same group of posters trying to get things nerfed in their favor.
The shirtless stuff isn't funny.
Onesided games are not a "gg".
If you are red ranks because of swf, you aren't that good.
Old ruin was overrated.
Noed is still overrated.
This. If I have the chance and you are out in the open why wouldn't I use it and instadown you instead of hitting you twice? But loops lead to a mallet hit and at that point I can't be bothered with the chainsaw
Yaomoka's Estate isn't a good map. IDEK why, it just is.
Not all of them are wrong statements. Everyone views things differently and no one can really have a wrong opinion. Although I do agree that some of the ideas I personally find ludicrous.
Spirit is extremely fun to play against. It's really satisfying to do well against one and it's pretty easy to avoid her fakes once you can see the phasing tells.
Hillbilly is hard af to play as. I've had the game for 3 years now and I've probably played billy enough to count with just my hands and I've hated it each time. I've even missed a free chainsaw; like when you trap them in one spot in a corner. I missed it.
I call survivor perks crutch strike, crutch hard, borrowed crutch, crutchenaline, and uncrutchable
Because you should be able to make as many mistakes as possible and get rewarded for it
Mr. Bubba kindly requests a 5th perk slot because it will: