PC community is so damn kind

So I'm not new to the game, been playing for like 1 1/2 year, I mainly play on PS4 and after the "leak" about cross progression came out, I've been binge playing on pc, been having a terrible MM as well, rainbow ranks BUT compared to PS4 no one so far has been toxic at all, some survivors have asked me stuff like " are you smurfing? Because you are not a rank 16 I can tell" I just answer " I come from console" people have told me in like 10 matches "you are a really great huntress" and damn it feels amazing not having "you tryhard piece of #########" "sweat more", I hope cross progression becomes a thing soon, I'm loving the pc dbd community so far

Comments

  • I'm glad you're having a good experience, but it won't always be that way, trust me.

  • It's probably region-specific, but I feel the same way. I'm constantly surprised by the lack of salty messages I get in post-game chat when playing as killer, especially after I've done something that I as survivor would get annoyed by. I rarely get more than a simple "gg", and sometimes people even go out of their way to be kind or encouraging in spite of having lost, which always brightens my day when it happens.

  • Xbox is also like this. Sometimes when you get toxicity you and the other player just chat it out and start getting to know each other.

  • @Orion said:

    I'm glad you're having a good experience, but it won't always be that way, trust me.

    When I barely started on ps4, the first killer match I had I got insta hatemail from someone wanting me dead irl, so this is a win win for me.

    @Fibijean said:

    It's probably region-specific, but I feel the same way. I'm constantly surprised by the lack of salty messages I get in post-game chat when playing as killer, especially after I've done something that I as survivor would get annoyed by. I rarely get more than a simple "gg", and sometimes people even go out of their way to be kind or encouraging in spite of having lost, which always brightens my day when it happens.

    Just a min ago someone complimented me again for giving them the hatch, survivor was rank 5, I'm currently rank 14 with 1 perk on legion, survivor was really surprised that I was kind to them, with no toxicity I can just always give the last survivor the hatch like I usually do on ps4 and not feel like someone is gonna threaten me lol

  • @Cheers said:

    Xbox is also like this. Sometimes when you get toxicity you and the other player just chat it out and start getting to know each other.

    I wish it was like that on ps4, sounds like a blessing, on ps4 you will get party chat invites and people will use what you say, put it on youtube and stuff like that

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269698#Comment_1269698

    When I barely started on ps4, the first killer match I had I got insta hatemail from someone wanting me dead irl, so this is a win win for me.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269705#Comment_1269705

    Just a min ago someone complimented me again for giving them the hatch, survivor was rank 5, I'm currently rank 14 with 1 perk on legion, survivor was really surprised that I was kind to them, with no toxicity I can just always give the last survivor the hatch like I usually do on ps4 and not feel like someone is gonna threaten me lol

    I had a survivor tell me he was going to murder my wife and child because I got a 4k. Like I said, it won't always be that way. Unfortunately, BHVR didn't do nearly enough to curb the toxicity.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269750#Comment_1269750

    I had a survivor tell me he was going to murder my wife and child because I got a 4k. Like I said, it won't always be that way. Unfortunately, BHVR didn't do nearly enough to curb the toxicity.

    That sounds horrible, sorry to hear people being like that to you

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269755#Comment_1269755

    That sounds horrible, sorry to hear people being like that to you

    To be fair, that was the only one (so far). However, when I see other survivors being ######### to killers, I call them out for it (and vice-versa). They're usually surprised to see a survivor standing up for killers and quickly STFU.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    So I'm not new to the game, been playing for like 1 1/2 year, I mainly play on PS4 and after the "leak" about cross progression came out, I've been binge playing on pc, been having a terrible MM as well, rainbow ranks BUT compared to PS4 no one so far has been toxic at all, some survivors have asked me stuff like " are you smurfing? Because you are not a rank 16 I can tell" I just answer " I come from console" people have told me in like 10 matches "you are a really great huntress" and damn it feels amazing not having "you tryhard piece of sh!t" "sweat more", I hope cross progression becomes a thing soon, I'm loving the pc dbd community so far

    It really depends though, in the last days I had good games as killer with nice survivors, right now I intentionally dc'ed against some toxic asses with OoO and tea bagging and #########. Although, i fell like the pc community isn't that toxic as it is on console, that's what I gathered from what people say here and on reddit.

    Bottom line, I'm glad you're having a good time sir

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269757#Comment_1269757

    To be fair, that was the only one (so far). However, when I see other survivors being ######### to killers, I call them out for it (and vice-versa). They're usually surprised to see a survivor standing up for killers and quickly STFU.

    I wish there were more people like you, on ps4 I've only gotten 1 gg and thousands of swf group texts being total dicks, I've sent a lot of ggs to killers but none respond when I play survivor

  • @raulblideran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151941/pc-community-is-so-damn-kind

    It really depends though, in the last days I had good games as killer with nice survivors, right now I intentionally dc'ed against some toxic asses with OoO and tea bagging and #########. Although, i fell like the pc community isn't that toxic as it is on console, that's what I gathered from what people say here and on reddit.

    Bottom line, I'm glad you're having a good time sir

    Thank you, and that exactly is what I've heard and now I'm experincing it, not a lot of toxic people, more chill survivors etc, sorry to hear that people were toxic to you as well, no one deserves being toxic'ed on when you play fair and square

  • Welcome to the pc. Yeah lately i been playing killer, to just cool off from unlucky survivor games for the past couple of days. Lots of nice survivors i been going against. Like i seen a few people be good at performing flash light saves. It been forever seen i since one. So i just had to praise them for good flash light skills. That and some nice casual chat in the post game. Like i was playing Oni, me and one of the survivors was surprise someone play a game offering. Only had one game where one survivor was trash talking another. I was playing killer. So it was more like in fighting between survivors, but that was only a single game out of dozens and dozens that were rather chill.


    Yeah when playing killer, if a game goes very well for me as killer. I normally give the last person the hatch. While if i'm playing survivor and someone gives me the hatch. I always make sure to say thanks, thanks for the mercy or something like that. Which yeah a good huntress is both scary and amazing to go against at the same time. It's like oh my god we are doomed but at the same time, oh my lord that is impressive and well done, they truly earn praise for making these epic shots.

  • @Ghostwithaface said:

    Welcome to the pc. Yeah lately i been playing killer, to just cool off from unlucky survivor games for the past couple of days. Lots of nice survivors i been going against. Like i seen a few people be good at performing flash light saves. It been forever seen i since one. So i just had to praise them for good flash light skills. That and some nice casual chat in the post game. Like i was playing Oni, me and one of the survivors was surprise someone play a game offering. Only had one game where one survivor was trash talking another. I was playing killer. So it was more like in fighting between survivors, but that was only a single game out of dozens and dozens that were rather chill.

    Yeah when playing killer, if a game goes very well for me as killer. I normally give the last person the hatch. While if i'm playing survivor and someone gives me the hatch. I always make sure to say thanks, thanks for the mercy or something like that. Which yeah a good huntress is both scary and amazing to go against at the same time. It's like oh my god we are doomed but at the same time, oh my lord that is impressive and well done, they truly earn praise for making these epic shots.

    I cross mapped someone on the first match I had today, people have been nothing but kind so I have been giving the hatch almost every match (the first one that I didn't give was because I needed bp again, new on pc)

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269793#Comment_1269793

    I cross mapped someone on the first match I had today, people have been nothing but kind so I have been giving the hatch almost every match (the first one that I didn't give was because I needed bp again, new on pc)

    Yeah that understandable, since i am also currently going for tier three prestige on my ghostface. It one of the few times i don't give hatch to the last survivor, if i need that final bbq stack. Like the one time i was playing ghostface on hawkins. Where i think three out four of the survivors had spine chill and one of them was very good at hiding from me until the very end. I caught them and put them on hook. For well, need them blood points.

  • I've only ever played PC and it can get real spicy. This makes me glad I'm not on console. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Ghostwithaface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269823#Comment_1269823

    Yeah that understandable, since i am also currently going for tier three prestige on my ghostface. It one of the few times i don't give hatch to the last survivor, if i need that final bbq stack. Like the one time i was playing ghostface on hawkins. Where i think three out four of the survivors had spine chill and one of them was very good at hiding from me until the very end. I caught them and put them on hook. For well, need them blood points.

    That is extremely understandable imo, I mean I love double bp and I bet everyone does, I bet that survivor understood why you didn't gave the hatch, I can easily give hatch if I have all my stacks

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    So I'm not new to the game, been playing for like 1 1/2 year, I mainly play on PS4 and after the "leak" about cross progression came out, I've been binge playing on pc, been having a terrible MM as well, rainbow ranks BUT compared to PS4 no one so far has been toxic at all, some survivors have asked me stuff like " are you smurfing? Because you are not a rank 16 I can tell" I just answer " I come from console" people have told me in like 10 matches "you are a really great huntress" and damn it feels amazing not having "you tryhard piece of sh!t" "sweat more", I hope cross progression becomes a thing soon, I'm loving the pc dbd community so far

    Dont jinx it!

  • I agree,been playing on pc,sure there's some toxic ones as well but a lot of nice ones too.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    I've only ever played PC and it can get real spicy. This makes me glad I'm not on console. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Imagine this, you down someone and they die on first hook or second even though you weren't camping or even close to the hook, then you get constant notifications and party invites mid match, when you are still in the game, and if you are like me you have the PS app on your phone so that makes the notifications you receive double up, every little mistake you make, another notification of X survivor on how trash you are (not you I mean when I play killer) then after the match is done, you receive other 3 notifications from the other survivors complaining even though you played fair( at least in my opinion) and some people will actually continue for like 30 min if you don't respond

  • You really only get more nice messages on PC because it's easier to talk to the killer than it is on console.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269862#Comment_1269862

    Imagine this, you down someone and they die on first hook or second even though you weren't camping or even close to the hook, then you get constant notifications and party invites mid match, when you are still in the game, and if you are like me you have the PS app on your phone so that makes the notifications you receive double up, every little mistake you make, another notification of X survivor on how trash you are (not you I mean when I play killer) then after the match is done, you receive other 3 notifications from the other survivors complaining even though you played fair( at least in my opinion) and some people will actually continue for like 30 min if you don't respond

    I'm all about the PC master race. This console life sounds awful. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269874#Comment_1269874

    I'm all about the PC master race. This console life sounds awful. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Also 10-20 fps on some maps lol

    @BabyClaudette said:

    You really only get more nice messages on PC because it's easier to talk to the killer than it is on console.

    But on console I usually get hatemail per match lol

    Sorry!!! Hopefully people stay kind like this <3

    @Dzeikor said:

    I agree,been playing on pc,sure there's some toxic ones as well but a lot of nice ones too.

    Totally, I believe most games have a portion of toxic people and very kind people, I just love the pc community as of now

  • It's almost like people on these forums blow this way out of proportion and make a bigger deal out of it than they need to...hmm

  • I agree, switching from PS4 to PC was the best decision regarding this game for me. I also live in a smaller region so it's nice having a smaller and nice community where everyone knows eachoher and is friendly.

  • Most people are actually very nice across the board, it's just that people usually won't go through the effort of sending you a DM saying "gg, you played well" on console since it takes extra steps. On PC, it's right there and it's easy to do.

  • On console I noticed being a competant nurse gets you quite a lot of respect from many people..I too cant wait for cross platforming , itll be nice to have the community together rather than pretend it's so different

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    So I'm not new to the game, been playing for like 1 1/2 year, I mainly play on PS4 and after the "leak" about cross progression came out, I've been binge playing on pc, been having a terrible MM as well, rainbow ranks BUT compared to PS4 no one so far has been toxic at all, some survivors have asked me stuff like " are you smurfing? Because you are not a rank 16 I can tell" I just answer " I come from console" people have told me in like 10 matches "you are a really great huntress" and damn it feels amazing not having "you tryhard piece of sh!t" "sweat more", I hope cross progression becomes a thing soon, I'm loving the pc dbd community so far

    If it ever gets bad just type gg after a match and insta leave nothing they can do to counter that.

  • @Peanits said:

    Most people are actually very nice across the board, it's just that people usually won't go through the effort of sending you a DM saying "gg, you played well" on console since it takes extra steps. On PC, it's right there and it's easy to do.

    This happens a lot if i give hatch though for some reason lol.

  • @Cheers said:

    Xbox is also like this. Sometimes when you get toxicity you and the other player just chat it out and start getting to know each other.

    This has not been my experience on xbox ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269859#Comment_1269859

    That is extremely understandable imo, I mean I love double bp and I bet everyone does, I bet that survivor understood why you didn't gave the hatch, I can easily give hatch if I have all my stacks

    Yeah this is true. Which i saw first hand, funny enough in a few recent games i had in the past couple of days. Clearing out some offerings on ghostface. [Finally got prestige three on ghostface, now just need to get back the perks i normally use on him.] Bring some blood party steamers, do my best to make sure everyone gets some points and the end results, was everyone being happy and even some thanks for bringing a steamers. Everyone loves bonus blood points.

  • Please remain in the kind bubble the game has given you, once that pops all hell will break loose...

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    Please remain in the kind bubble the game has given you, once that pops all hell will break loose...

    I'm staying on the kind bubble, I try not to be toxic even on console but console people are still toxic even when you are nice, currently I've been getting matched against red rank pc players and all so far are still kind to me

  • Lucky you, I have at least 10 screenshots of players I've reported because they've called me awful things.

    It never gets to me though, I'm the generation that came from MW2 open mic lobbies.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Lucky you, I have at least 10 screenshots of players I've reported because they've called me awful things.

    It never gets to me though, I'm the generation that came from MW2 open mic lobbies.

    Sad to hear people are being dicks to you, I haven't had a single insult yet on pc, same to me, Insults and that don't get to me, it's the constant insults that do, match after match.

    The mw2 part made me laugh hard

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276509#Comment_1276509

    Sad to hear people are being dicks to you, I haven't had a single insult yet on pc, same to me, Insults and that don't get to me, it's the constant insults that do, match after match.

    The mw2 part made me laugh hard

    It's all good, I guess it's my region.

    And yeah, Dead by Daylight's Choir Boy Swearing is nothing to me.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276521#Comment_1276521

    It's all good, I guess it's my region.

    And yeah, Dead by Daylight's Choir Boy Swearing is nothing to me.

    Hopefully things change, dbd is way more fun on pc and well this is what I've noticed, people that swear to you just means that you were playing great, either that or you were camping (which I doubt, seen a few of your vids that you post here on the forums) so the next thing to assume is that you were playing great

  • This was during the PTB, I just wanted to check out some of the reworks and I left.

    DC penalties aren't set in the PTB, and these survivors got pretty mad.

    Reported3.PNG

    @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276529#Comment_1276529

    Hopefully things change, dbd is way more fun on pc and well this is what I've noticed, people that swear to you just means that you were playing great, either that or you were camping (which I doubt, seen a few of your vids that you post here on the forums) so the next thing to assume is that you were playing great

    Hell no I don't camp, let me post some screenshots with names blocked off.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276542#Comment_1276542

    Hell no I don't camp, let me post some screenshots with names blocked off.

    That is what I meant lol that you don't camp, so the other logical thing as to why people get mad are you is that you played great, sorry if I confused you, english isn't my main language

  • I can agree to this, though i can't make a comparison myself.

  • I've never seen a reason to be mean. I can be honest sometimes which does rarely rub the wrong way, but we're all playing the same game and we have that in common. I like being good to my fellow man.

  • Reported111.png

    Literally just now. 50 seconds ago.

  • As another user told you it might be regional. I had tons of people who were (bad word) with me, even if I didn't get to kill anybody they were very bad. I am very glad you're finding nice people through there though.

  • Are you using Nurse? And seems you're good at it, at least better than me. That's amazing!

  • I've noticed that too in my short experience on pc, people actually tend to be nice. Near everyone on console are straight up dicks.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276583#Comment_1276583

    Are you using Nurse? And seems you're good at it, at least better than me. That's amazing!

    Oh, I'm not showing off the kills.

    Look at the chat lol

  • I know but I am impressed at the kills. It's not a small feat. Keep up the good work!

  • Looking at the bps the survivors got, I can tell that they were mad because you were good against them, by that I mean you were playing good, not everyone knows that nurse is really hard to use

  • @Saitamfed said:

    As another user told you it might be regional. I had tons of people who were (bad word) with me, even if I didn't get to kill anybody they were very bad. I am very glad you're finding nice people through there though.

    I think I play in NA servers, texas to be precise, not sure what servers I play on but it's sad seeing that others don't get the same nice experience as I've been getting

  • Wait until you get to red ranks, that will change your mind.

  • Well sometimes humans can be nice even in Multiplayer Games :D ! I always try to be fair even if I'm annoyed, because I don't understand why people tend to offend each other if the game doesn't go their way. Probably it is because People get involved and passionate with the game, but eh .. not necessary. It's really nice to see, that you had a good time, and yes as everyone else said it won't be always like this but still it's great!

โ€น 1 2