PC community is so damn kind

So I'm not new to the game, been playing for like 1 1/2 year, I mainly play on PS4 and after the "leak" about cross progression came out, I've been binge playing on pc, been having a terrible MM as well, rainbow ranks BUT compared to PS4 no one so far has been toxic at all, some survivors have asked me stuff like " are you smurfing? Because you are not a rank 16 I can tell" I just answer " I come from console" people have told me in like 10 matches "you are a really great huntress" and damn it feels amazing not having "you tryhard piece of #########" "sweat more", I hope cross progression becomes a thing soon, I'm loving the pc dbd community so far

Comments

  • That's not the impression I got.

    Of course you'll also get a lot of messages as killer on PS4, but often it's on the level of "ez git gud baby noob camper tunnler", whereas when I watch a pc killer streamer, it's death wishes every day.

    I wonder why this is the case. Maybe Sony is more rigorous when it comes to handing out permanent bans for communication abuse. 🤷‍♀️

  • We have had some very different experiences. To clarify, I usually just drop a GG, and so do most people that talk. But if someone feels the need to say anything else? There's 3 scenarios.

    I play extremely nice and give them every chance live? Coin toss as to whether it's a toxic piece of ######### that thought they were better than me and has to rub it in or a nice person that recognised how much breathing room I was giving.

    I get a bit of sweat? Honestly, it's almost the same, but leaning a bit more to the arsehole side.

    I play as dirty as the survivors and it's just a wall of text describing exactly where in my lineage a dog impregnated someone and how that has affected me as an individual. Not even GG's half the time, I ACTUALLY apply pressure and force them into situations where they get snowballed and suddenly I am the foulest individual to play DBD. (I would like to clarify that this isn't always the case, there's a few people that appreciate the challenge, but it is an extremely small portion).

    And the strangest part of all of this is that it only got this bad after Deathslinger/Chapter 16 mid-chaper update. Around the doctor rework/ruin rework everyone was like "hey, ggs, you played well, this is what you did wrong, let's all get better at the game, got any criticism for me?"

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276542#Comment_1276542

    Hell no I don't camp, let me post some screenshots with names blocked off.

    Reading your comments/posts id excpect you to be rank 1 both sides. Suprised your rank 16 killer

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276608#Comment_1276608

    I think I play in NA servers, texas to be precise, not sure what servers I play on but it's sad seeing that others don't get the same nice experience as I've been getting

    As I said I am glad for you. And don't missunderstand me, I have got some nice messages. But I had to put my profile on private because some people write death threats and nasty stuff as well. Whether I understand that mostly are 12 years old nasty kids, I don't think it's cool to have a death threat or something because someone doesn't know how to lose.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    So I'm not new to the game, been playing for like 1 1/2 year, I mainly play on PS4 and after the "leak" about cross progression came out, I've been binge playing on pc, been having a terrible MM as well, rainbow ranks BUT compared to PS4 no one so far has been toxic at all, some survivors have asked me stuff like " are you smurfing? Because you are not a rank 16 I can tell" I just answer " I come from console" people have told me in like 10 matches "you are a really great huntress" and damn it feels amazing not having "you tryhard piece of sh!t" "sweat more", I hope cross progression becomes a thing soon, I'm loving the pc dbd community so far

    Some of those console people just aren't good at the game and wanna flame you for winning. I just started laughing each time I got one. Moving to PC from ps4 as well I got the same experience you did. Though the rude ones still show up though it's usually people being hostile because a killer or survivor was rude or whatever prior.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276546#Comment_1276546

    Reading your comments/posts id excpect you to be rank 1 both sides. Suprised your rank 16 killer

    As a killer, I like staying low ranked. I kind of stay low ranked by choice.

    Also queue times are insanely long for killer on PC.

    As a survivor, I'm Rank 1.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    So I'm not new to the game, been playing for like 1 1/2 year, I mainly play on PS4 and after the "leak" about cross progression came out, I've been binge playing on pc, been having a terrible MM as well, rainbow ranks BUT compared to PS4 no one so far has been toxic at all, some survivors have asked me stuff like " are you smurfing? Because you are not a rank 16 I can tell" I just answer " I come from console" people have told me in like 10 matches "you are a really great huntress" and damn it feels amazing not having "you tryhard piece of sh!t" "sweat more", I hope cross progression becomes a thing soon, I'm loving the pc dbd community so far

    1) The leak dealt with CrossPLAY, I do believe, NOT crossPROGRESS.

    2) Give it time, there's more than a few horrendous people on PC as well.

1 2 ›