why are people so toxic and such jerks on this game?

When killers are loading into games with a full loadout of an offering that impacts the game of the survivors severely like a mori and then rare or ultra rare add-ons and then ending the games as quickly as they do either because of altruistic survivors being mauled or selfish survivors who ultimately end up dying on forced end game because they literally refuse to help anyone off hooks or people who get tunneled, what do they even benefit from doing that except wasting everyone's time and being a dick? Seriously I don't get the appeal and I never play like that.....#########.....

I have had consecutive games where I literally cannot function or play this game at all with the toxic killers tonight game after game it has been moris after first hook, tunneling and soft/hard camping. I just got out of a match with a cannibal who did the typical insidious basement camping on a random and I felt bad not saving them so I went down there and he ended up doing the same thing to the other survivors that would come save us. I have 1500 hours in the game and am almost devotion 6. There needs to be some kind of penalty or harsher punishment for killers who play like this.

Consecutive games one after another for no reason at the beginning of the game, taking advantage of newer players that I get matched up with because of broken matchmaking. I mean its ######### ridiculous and unbearable at this point. Devs need to do something about this or honestly I will not play this game anymore and I totally understand why someone new would not want to continue playing after games like that.

Comments

  • The Problem with Bubba was your idea of helping the random. You and your Team doomed yourself. I agree it's a boring tactic. But you rewarded the Killer for playing like this.

    It's totally fine to let a teammate die if you can use the space they created for you.

  • @Xzan said:

    The Problem with Bubba was your idea of helping the random. You and your Team doomed yourself. I agree it's a boring tactic. But you rewarded the Killer for playing like this.

    It's totally fine to let a teammate die if you can use the space they created for you.

    -

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    When killers are loading into games with a full loadout of an offering that impacts the game of the survivors severely like a mori and then rare or ultra rare add-ons and then ending the games as quickly as they do either because of altruistic survivors being mauled or selfish survivors who ultimately end up dying on forced end game because they literally refuse to help anyone off hooks or people who get tunneled, what do they even benefit from doing that except wasting everyone's time and being a dick? Seriously I don't get the appeal and I never play like that.....#########.....

    I have had consecutive games where I literally cannot function or play this game at all with the toxic killers tonight game after game it has been moris after first hook, tunneling and soft/hard camping. I just got out of a match with a cannibal who did the typical insidious basement camping on a random and I felt bad not saving them so I went down there and he ended up doing the same thing to the other survivors that would come save us. I have 1500 hours in the game and am almost devotion 6. There needs to be some kind of penalty or harsher punishment for killers who play like this.

    Consecutive games one after another for no reason at the beginning of the game, taking advantage of newer players that I get matched up with because of broken matchmaking. I mean its ######### ridiculous and unbearable at this point. Devs need to do something about this or honestly I will not play this game anymore and I totally understand why someone new would not want to continue playing after games like that.

    Because people like to jack off their e-peen and make themselves feel better

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    When killers are loading into games with a full loadout of an offering that impacts the game of the survivors severely like a mori and then rare or ultra rare add-ons and then ending the games as quickly as they do either because of altruistic survivors being mauled or selfish survivors who ultimately end up dying on forced end game because they literally refuse to help anyone off hooks or people who get tunneled, what do they even benefit from doing that except wasting everyone's time and being a dick? Seriously I don't get the appeal and I never play like that.....#########.....

    I have had consecutive games where I literally cannot function or play this game at all with the toxic killers tonight game after game it has been moris after first hook, tunneling and soft/hard camping. I just got out of a match with a cannibal who did the typical insidious basement camping on a random and I felt bad not saving them so I went down there and he ended up doing the same thing to the other survivors that would come save us. I have 1500 hours in the game and am almost devotion 6. There needs to be some kind of penalty or harsher punishment for killers who play like this.

    Consecutive games one after another for no reason at the beginning of the game, taking advantage of newer players that I get matched up with because of broken matchmaking. I mean its ######### ridiculous and unbearable at this point. Devs need to do something about this or honestly I will not play this game anymore and I totally understand why someone new would not want to continue playing after games like that.

    This killer toxicity is a direct result of ruin and matchmaking. Sure the random killer will be toxic, but it got rampant after ruin and you can't say they didn't warn you. 9 times out of 10, killer behaving badly is because he got wrecked by teams he shouldn't be playing.

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    When killers are loading into games with a full loadout of an offering that impacts the game of the survivors severely like a mori and then rare or ultra rare add-ons and then ending the games as quickly as they do either because of altruistic survivors being mauled or selfish survivors who ultimately end up dying on forced end game because they literally refuse to help anyone off hooks or people who get tunneled, what do they even benefit from doing that except wasting everyone's time and being a dick? Seriously I don't get the appeal and I never play like that.....#########.....

    I have had consecutive games where I literally cannot function or play this game at all with the toxic killers tonight game after game it has been moris after first hook, tunneling and soft/hard camping. I just got out of a match with a cannibal who did the typical insidious basement camping on a random and I felt bad not saving them so I went down there and he ended up doing the same thing to the other survivors that would come save us. I have 1500 hours in the game and am almost devotion 6. There needs to be some kind of penalty or harsher punishment for killers who play like this.

    Consecutive games one after another for no reason at the beginning of the game, taking advantage of newer players that I get matched up with because of broken matchmaking. I mean its ######### ridiculous and unbearable at this point. Devs need to do something about this or honestly I will not play this game anymore and I totally understand why someone new would not want to continue playing after games like that.

    WAH , seriously? Survivor is so EASY. Yea broken matchmaking I'm red rank both sides and killer is actually hard. Most times these players are just a holes or have just been bullied by toxic swfs. Try being the brown rank killers on PS4 that constantly face rank 1 survivors. If you were rank 1 you will get it back suck it up like EVERYONE else. If that's too hard then bye. And btw I have faced rank 1 survivors since I was rank 14 and I fought to red through all that bs. Seriously even solo q Survivor is easy just use your brain, check the boxes that YOU need to to pip ( do a gen, heal, save, a Chase or two ect )

  • @MrMisanthropy66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150914/why-are-people-so-toxic-and-such-jerks-on-this-game

    WAH , seriously? Survivor is so EASY. Yea broken matchmaking I'm red rank both sides and killer is actually hard. Most times these players are just a holes or have just been bullied by toxic swfs. Try being the brown rank killers on PS4 that constantly face rank 1 survivors. If you were rank 1 you will get it back suck it up like EVERYONE else. If that's too hard then bye. And btw I have faced rank 1 survivors since I was rank 14 and I fought to red through all that bs. Seriously even solo q Survivor is easy just use your brain, check the boxes that YOU need to to pip ( do a gen, heal, save, a Chase or two ect )

    -

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150914/why-are-people-so-toxic-and-such-jerks-on-this-game

    This killer toxicity is a direct result of ruin and matchmaking. Sure the random killer will be toxic, but it got rampant after ruin and you can't say they didn't warn you. 9 times out of 10, killer behaving badly is because he got wrecked by teams he shouldn't be playing.

    -

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    When killers are loading into games with a full loadout of an offering that impacts the game of the survivors severely like a mori and then rare or ultra rare add-ons and then ending the games as quickly as they do either because of altruistic survivors being mauled or selfish survivors who ultimately end up dying on forced end game because they literally refuse to help anyone off hooks or people who get tunneled, what do they even benefit from doing that except wasting everyone's time and being a dick? Seriously I don't get the appeal and I never play like that.....#########.....

    I have had consecutive games where I literally cannot function or play this game at all with the toxic killers tonight game after game it has been moris after first hook, tunneling and soft/hard camping. I just got out of a match with a cannibal who did the typical insidious basement camping on a random and I felt bad not saving them so I went down there and he ended up doing the same thing to the other survivors that would come save us. I have 1500 hours in the game and am almost devotion 6. There needs to be some kind of penalty or harsher punishment for killers who play like this.

    Consecutive games one after another for no reason at the beginning of the game, taking advantage of newer players that I get matched up with because of broken matchmaking. I mean its ######### ridiculous and unbearable at this point. Devs need to do something about this or honestly I will not play this game anymore and I totally understand why someone new would not want to continue playing after games like that.

    They're in the process of doing something.

    I don't know what, it was addressed in their survey. I'm just curious to know what they're planning.

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261089#Comment_1261089

    its not even about the ranking its the fact that i have been playing this game for a few hours now and i havent escaped at all because games are getting shut down by camping killers. its every DAM|N GAME DUDE AND ITS FRUSTRATING THE HELL OUT OF ME. ITS NOT FAIR AND WITH ALL THE SURVIVOR NERFS THEYVE BEEN DISHING OUT THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. SURVIVOR IS NOT EASY AND IF YOU SAY IT IS YOURE JUST A PART OF THE KILLER ECHO CHAMBER AND YOU KNOW YOURE JUST TROLLING. our team cant even get into 5-10 mins of a game without dealing with this bullcrap from toxic killers. KILLER IS THE EASY ROLE AND YOU KNOW IT BECAUSE THEY CAN END A GAME BY DOING THIS.

    Try playing killer at red ranks and you will see that, YES SURVIVOR is EASY. I'm not biased I actually play BOTH sides.if they are camping DO GENS then you can ESCAPE. Or bub bye

  • @Steah said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150914/why-are-people-so-toxic-and-such-jerks-on-this-game

    Because people like to jack off their e-peen and make themselves feel better

    killers who play like this are so fugging cheap and they need to go watch efukt or whatever freak shet gets them off instead of ruining everyone else's game experience.

  • Try actually playing killer to red ranks the stuff they go through would break most people. I myself find it hard playing fair since no matter what you do as killer the survivors say you played toxic. I’m pretty sure these killers you’re facing are just done with it all they’ll be called toxic for simply standing still in a corner doing nothing.

  • I hope one day, report system will be useful to make good environment and reduce toxic.

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261086#Comment_1261086

    okay well whenever the killers actually get nerfed or something benefits survivors in the near future i hope you all realize that the last handful of updates have all been to benefit killers and i hope its something that pisses all the killers off so bad that they want to quit this game because theyre the ones RUINing the game for everyone else over a stupid overrated perk getting nerfed that they dont even need in the first place.....survivor buffs are way more intense than any killer buff has ever been, most of the killer nerfs have been mechanics. their perks are still op like? this argument holds no water

    Ruin did that. The perk was near necessary to have a fighting chance. I've stopped sweating now that the maps have improved, hopefully other killers will too.

  • @MrMisanthropy66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261110#Comment_1261110

    Try playing killer at red ranks and you will see that, YES SURVIVOR is EASY. I'm not biased I actually play BOTH sides.if they are camping DO GENS then you can ESCAPE. Or bub bye

    dude ive played a sweaty freddy at rank 3 im a hag, freddy, cannibal, ghostface main i know what its like to go up against good teams where youre destroyed sometime you just get games like that as killer, the ratio of survivor games that are screwed over vs killer games that are screwed over are insanely outnumbered i guarantee you. playing like this isnt fun or enjoyable to me and it robs myself of potential points due to lack of hooks and chases? make it make sense bc it doesnt at all

  • @BabySteve said:

    do you play other games at all? because i do, and i can say there's toxicity in every online game. you can't remove it. and there are games that have a lot more toxic players than dbd.

    CSGO ? ^..^

    1000000000000 more toxic players

  • @Waterfall said:

    Try actually playing killer to red ranks the stuff they go through would break most people. I myself find it hard playing fair since no matter what you do as killer the survivors say you played toxic. I’m pretty sure these killers you’re facing are just done with it all they’ll be called toxic for simply standing still in a corner doing nothing.

    dude ive played a sweaty freddy at rank 3 im a hag, freddy, cannibal, ghostface main i know what its like to go up against good teams where youre destroyed sometime you just get games like that as killer, the ratio of survivor games that are screwed over vs killer games that are screwed over are insanely outnumbered i guarantee you. playing like this isnt fun or enjoyable to me and it robs myself of potential points due to lack of hooks and chases? make it make sense bc it doesnt at all

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261126#Comment_1261126

    dude ive played a sweaty freddy at rank 3 im a hag, freddy, cannibal, ghostface main i know what its like to go up against good teams where youre destroyed sometime you just get games like that as killer, the ratio of survivor games that are screwed over vs killer games that are screwed over are insanely outnumbered i guarantee you. playing like this isnt fun or enjoyable to me and it robs myself of potential points due to lack of hooks and chases? make it make sense bc it doesnt at all

    Sorry all I'm getting is WAH WAH WAH

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261149#Comment_1261149

    dude ive played a sweaty freddy at rank 3 im a hag, freddy, cannibal, ghostface main i know what its like to go up against good teams where youre destroyed sometime you just get games like that as killer, the ratio of survivor games that are screwed over vs killer games that are screwed over are insanely outnumbered i guarantee you. playing like this isnt fun or enjoyable to me and it robs myself of potential points due to lack of hooks and chases? make it make sense bc it doesnt at all

    I disagree. Rank 6 killer. One day, I got 7 depips in a row, solid rank 1s, just got completely destroyed. I snapped and came loaded for bear, played as toxic as utterly possible for the next 4 matches.

    Heck I was paying survivor tonight. 6 matches, 6 pips, 1 hook, and 1 teammate lost in that run. Saw a rank 15 killer get a rank 1,5,6,12 team.

  • Loving how killer mains are blaming survivors for toxicty from killers instead of just admitting theres toxic people on both sides

  • Yep, when I am playing killer NOW (for past 2 month), I always try to bring mori and my strongest build. 

    You see, something is wrong with matchmaking. And this is a huge problem in this game. 

    So from 6 - 8pm PST I am usually being matched with normal survivors and. Their rank matches mine, like I am rank 9 now and survs are 6 - 8, maybe some red ranks. I can play and and enjoy the game. I usually don't use mori. 

    8 - 10 PST -- SWF time! You gonna commit to one surv and he is going to loop you through entire map. They know where is each pallet and how to loop any tile. Commit to one and you gonna lose 5 gens. Commit to another one -- and there gonna be same looping story. 

    As result, I am loosing my rank points and feel really bad about this game. With my best perks and addons I just cannot do anything. This is not fair. 

    So, why wouldn't I start match with mori for first two survs. This would make the rest of the game a little bit more fun for the killer. 

    I don't want to lose my rank just because I was outplayed by much much more experienced people. Now I see a lot of red ranks, like 1 - 4 being constantly matched with with me, rank 9. Why? 

    And of course that depends. Playing versus red ranks gives me a ton of experience. And not all red ranks are "looping gods", so I don't even always use mori. But if I see they did 3 gens before I even hooked one surv... fellas survivors, this is mori time!

    So, maybe developers could finally fix matchmaking, which is broken for several month already? 

  • I dunno man I just try and play as fair as I feel is fun and I never use the stupidly op things in the game, I'm just trying to have some fun.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    Loving how killer mains are blaming survivors for toxicty from killers instead of just admitting theres toxic people on both sides

    True!

    @pizzamess11 said:

    I dunno man I just try and play as fair as I feel is fun and I never use the stupidly op things in the game, I'm just trying to have some fun.

    Yep, this is what I do most of the time. I am not using stupidly op things, cuz I don't have those on Plague, but I try to be as OP as I can when

    playing with red ranks and/or SWF team.

  • I'm not trying to condone toxicity, but that's just how people are. It's not a DbD problem, it's a humanity problem.

  • I noticed since the dc penalty was implemented almost every Killer started to camp and tunnel. It’s just a complete joke if you dc twice in a day and then dc once 2 days later you still get banned for 15 minutes. I play both Killer and survivor but killer just think survivors are toxic because matchmaking is broken and you only get matched with red ranks after you reach rank 14. At the moment both roles aren’t fun to play if you play killer matchmaking is so bad that you have no chance and if you play survivor you get camped and tunneled. I’m not saying survivors aren’t toxic btw but just a lot less than killers atm. Sorry for my bad english.

  • Don't go in basement against one hit killers especially bubba.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262090#Comment_1262090

    You say Killers are more toxic but you give 0 evidence other than the tired excuses 'camping/tunneling is TOXIC!'

    Why? Why is it toxic? Because the camped Survivor can't play? Newsflash! If you genrush, the Killer stops being able to play that match!

    What? The Killer can go into a new match? SO CAN THE SURVIVOR WHEN HE LOSES!

    Again, and I keep saying it, this is a hypocritical double-standard. KILLERS aren't allowed to focus on winning. KILLERS aren't allowed to win fast.

    Only SURVIVORS are allowed to use meta perks and strong pallets and genrush. If KILLERS do anything that helps them win, it's 'toxic' or 'unfun' or 'not fair'.

    If you camp and tunnel you are purposely ruining the game for that person. If survivors gen rush they are just doing gen’s which is btw their only objective to do. Instead of focusing on one survivor you can prevent it by trying to hook every survivor without tunneling and camping. Hooking every survivor once or twice gives you a lot more bp than tunneling 1-2 survivors to death.  I almost always use noed as a killer so if I’m having a bad round and getting “gen rushed” I still have a chance during the end game. This might be a unfair perk to some but it’s a lot less worse than getting tunneled. The problem is that many Killer right now just think that they have to get a kill as fast as possible that’s why they keep targeting one survivor. As I also mentioned the main problem for the killers is matchmaking and not “toxic” survivors. Sorry for my bad english again.

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261089#Comment_1261089

    its not even about the ranking its the fact that i have been playing this game for a few hours now and i havent escaped at all because games are getting shut down by camping killers. its every DAM|N GAME DUDE AND ITS FRUSTRATING THE HELL OUT OF ME. ITS NOT FAIR AND WITH ALL THE SURVIVOR NERFS THEYVE BEEN DISHING OUT THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. SURVIVOR IS NOT EASY AND IF YOU SAY IT IS YOURE JUST A PART OF THE KILLER ECHO CHAMBER AND YOU KNOW YOURE JUST TROLLING. our team cant even get into 5-10 mins of a game without dealing with this bullcrap from toxic killers. KILLER IS THE EASY ROLE AND YOU KNOW IT BECAUSE THEY CAN END A GAME BY DOING THIS.

    You have the power to change this. Play killer and play the way you think killers should play. You will add one more awesome killer to the pool and one less survivor sucking up que times.

  • Because players with disparate goals are routinely matched together. It's why some killers whine about "gen rushing" and survivors whine about such weird concepts as "tunneling".

    In other games, players would be separated fairly quickly. If you're a StarCraft player that has fun playing to win and improving, you'll very quickly move up in rank and you won't get matched with the players who type, "No Rush 15 min plz" in chat. (And vice versa, of course) It's the same in most every game that focuses on player vs. player content. But not DbD. At least not right now. DbD's matchmaking will pit pretty much anyone against anyone, and rank is fairly meaningless to boot.

    So Tommy the Survivor who just wants to skip around the map and throw random pallets for no reason because it's fun gets matched up against SCP-096 and gets slaughtered the moment they see him. Then Tommy gets upset that the killer won't, "Just leave me alone so I can have fun!" and hears the term "tunneling" from someone in post-game chat and another angry forum post is born.

    Likewise, Billy the New Killer who just "wants to have fun slapping people" gets matched against SWF Team 6 who finishes 5 gens in 7.4 seconds. Billy is pissed that they did something so "cheap" and runs off to demand answers on what the developers are going to do to ensure he doesn't get "cheaped out" like that again, because survivors should have to face his wrath.

    In other games these players would very quickly be separated from one another. But not DbD. Tommy will keep getting slaughtered, Billy will never catch those survivors, and the players who are facing them will keep getting yelled at for being "cheap" and "unfair".

  • @Xzan said:

    The Problem with Bubba was your idea of helping the random. You and your Team doomed yourself. I agree it's a boring tactic. But you rewarded the Killer for playing like this.

    It's totally fine to let a teammate die if you can use the space they created for you.

    It's "fine" to let the teammate die and get out in that situation, as to not reward the killer, but to the OP's point, it's NOT fine that the Killer selected a survivor at random to completely ruin their match / made sure none of the other survivors can meet at most of their emblem requirements, and that they are rewarded for that behavior.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    This just in!

    Survivors complain Killers are 'jerks' and 'selfish' for trying to win as fast as possible!

    This also just in!

    Survivors still genrush to win as fast as possible!

    Seriously. How come it's not okay for Killers to play smart (It's called 'camping' and 'tunneling' and only bad killers do it!) but Survivors can still run meta perks, genrush, and expect Killers to allow unsafe unhooks?

    How come it's only Killers who have to 'play nice' while Survivors get to do whatever they want to win? That's all I've seen since joining 2 days ago; thread after thread of how camping should be bannable, tunneling is toxic, and now WINNING FAST is toxic.

    But Survivors? Nooooooo. Survivors can do whatever they want. Survivors get to win, but Killers can only win if Survivors approve it!

    🤔

    Huge difference between camping and doing a generator. HUGE difference.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261060#Comment_1261060

    It's "fine" to let the teammate die and get out in that situation, as to not reward the killer, but to the OP's point, it's NOT fine that the Killer selected a survivor at random to completely ruin their match / made sure none of the other survivors can meet at most of their emblem requirements, and that they are rewarded for that behavior.

    This is a perfect example of what I was talking about in my post.

    Lalythia is Tommy the Survivor, complaining that the killer "isn't leaving me alone so I can have fun". Blaming the killer for playing the game and railing about how unfair it is, like a "No Rush" StarCraft player throwing a fit over their opponent attacking them before they said it was ok to do so.

    You can't match Lalythia with a killer who enjoys improving and winning, because they have such disparate goals in the game. Someone is going to be upset.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    Seriously, I'm seeing that it's never the SURVIVORS fault for abandoning generators to save the camped Survivor.

    Nope! It's the KILLERS fault for not walking away and just giving a free unhook! Let's try to make it punishable! We Survivors DEMAND our free unhooks!

    Also! Never tunnel! If you hit the same Survivor twice in a match, it's tunneling, and you're a toxic Killer! You're only allow to hit people once and then let them heal before you hit t hem again! NEVER TUNNEL!

    At least this explains all the toxic garbage Survivors spew at me in endgame chat if I get even ONE kill; Killers aren't meant to KILL! At least, not unless the almighty Survivors allow it!

    The idea that survivors shouldn't be able to unhook is ######### ridiculous. It's a core part of the game and significant point of BP/PIP generation for BOTH SIDES. Killers have OTHER OBJECTIVES so that they are encouraged to do OTHER THINGS, such as chase a new survivor, destruct generators, hit survivors (you know, the ones NOT on a hook)...so that survivors can un-hook...SO THAT KILLERS CAN HOOK SURVIVORS AGAIN. It's literally the circular motion of the game. If you're camping like a dumb ######### you are literally stopping the intended progression of the game and the points system design.

    Also, it's not unreasonable to EXPECT to get to actually play in a match you waited for vs. getting camped and tunneled out of the game immediately by someone who doesn't give a ######### about anyone but themselves. If that's how you like to play games, you should play a single player game where you're not ruining the experience for anyone but the NPCs. Social games are not for sociopaths.

  • @Dwigtht said:

    Yep, when I am playing killer NOW (for past 2 month), I always try to bring mori and my strongest build. 

    You see, something is wrong with matchmaking. And this is a huge problem in this game. 

    So from 6 - 8pm PST I am usually being matched with normal survivors and. Their rank matches mine, like I am rank 9 now and survs are 6 - 8, maybe some red ranks. I can play and and enjoy the game. I usually don't use mori. 

    8 - 10 PST -- SWF time! You gonna commit to one surv and he is going to loop you through entire map. They know where is each pallet and how to loop any tile. Commit to one and you gonna lose 5 gens. Commit to another one -- and there gonna be same looping story. 

    As result, I am loosing my rank points and feel really bad about this game. With my best perks and addons I just cannot do anything. This is not fair. 

    So, why wouldn't I start match with mori for first two survs. This would make the rest of the game a little bit more fun for the killer. 

    I don't want to lose my rank just because I was outplayed by much much more experienced people. Now I see a lot of red ranks, like 1 - 4 being constantly matched with with me, rank 9. Why? 

    And of course that depends. Playing versus red ranks gives me a ton of experience. And not all red ranks are "looping gods", so I don't even always use mori. But if I see they did 3 gens before I even hooked one surv... fellas survivors, this is mori time!

    So, maybe developers could finally fix matchmaking, which is broken for several month already? 

    dude moris are fun and can be a great tool but when killers are using them right after their first hook because theyre tunneling garbage and suck at the game theyre depriving themselves of extra hooks and points therefore ending games quickly. killers would be nothing without mori's or ultra rare add-ons.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262137#Comment_1262137

    Here's where I call BS...More BS. I've been calling it in all these 'camping is evil' threads.

    See, the Killer's job is to KILL SURVIVORS. If I run across an injured & a healthy Survivor? I'm whacking the injured Survivor, because I only have to hit them ONCE for them to go down, whereas a healthy Survivor will take 2 hits, and the Injured Survivor will probably get healed and now require 2 hits. It's called picking smart targets.

    Or, as angry Survivors claim; 'tunneling'.

    You're literally saying 'Genrush is okay, it's the Survivors goal' and then 'Tunneling is not okay, the Killer's goal is not to win fast'.

    If I find someone was hard to find, or hard to catch, and I get them on a hook and realize other Survivors are coming to save him, I'm going to STAY THERE since my goal, KILLING SURVIVORS, is coming to me.

    Or, as angry Survivors call it; 'camping'.

    Again; this is Survivors claiming Killers playing smart or efficiently is somehow 'mean' and 'no fun' because 'Dat Swrvivwor cawwnt pway!'

    My. 👏 Goal. 👏 As. 👏 Killer. 👏 is. 👏 To. 👏 Knock. 👏 Everyone. 👏 Out. 👏 Of. 👏 The. 👏 Match. 👏

    What does it matter if I do it fast or slow?

    Oh, riiiiight. if I do it fast, or too well, it means I'm 'mean' and 'toxic' for knocking a Survivor out of the game..Which..again..IS MY ENTIRE GOAL!

    I could be wrong but I’m gonna assume that you have never been on the receiving end of getting camped and tunneled. When I first played Killer I also camped and tunneled because I tried to get kills as fast as possible. But then I stopped pretty soon after i experienced it myself and because they started to dc ngl. I would never do it now because why should I purposely ruin the game for someone if I can also win without doing so and even get 4 Kills. That way the game is more fun for everyone because it definitely feels better to get kills by actually doing something, well at least for me. Getting 1 kill by camping doesn’t give you much more than “entity displeased” in the end. But again the killer experience isn’t fun either atm because of the current matchmaking that’s why I usually play Killer a lot less after I reach a certain rank.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    This just in!

    Survivors complain Killers are 'jerks' and 'selfish' for trying to win as fast as possible!

    This also just in!

    Survivors still genrush to win as fast as possible!

    Seriously. How come it's not okay for Killers to play smart (It's called 'camping' and 'tunneling' and only bad killers do it!) but Survivors can still run meta perks, genrush, and expect Killers to allow unsafe unhooks?

    How come it's only Killers who have to 'play nice' while Survivors get to do whatever they want to win? That's all I've seen since joining 2 days ago; thread after thread of how camping should be bannable, tunneling is toxic, and now WINNING FAST is toxic.

    But Survivors? Nooooooo. Survivors can do whatever they want. Survivors get to win, but Killers can only win if Survivors approve it!

    🤔

    -

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261223#Comment_1261223

    dude moris are fun and can be a great tool but when killers are using them right after their first hook because theyre tunneling garbage and suck at the game theyre depriving themselves of extra hooks and points therefore ending games quickly. killers would be nothing without mori's or ultra rare add-ons.

    "Mori's are fun but please only use them when I say it's ok or you're garbage."

    Ok. Just another Tommy.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    Seriously, I'm seeing that it's never the SURVIVORS fault for abandoning generators to save the camped Survivor.

    Nope! It's the KILLERS fault for not walking away and just giving a free unhook! Let's try to make it punishable! We Survivors DEMAND our free unhooks!

    Also! Never tunnel! If you hit the same Survivor twice in a match, it's tunneling, and you're a toxic Killer! You're only allow to hit people once and then let them heal before you hit t hem again! NEVER TUNNEL!

    At least this explains all the toxic garbage Survivors spew at me in endgame chat if I get even ONE kill; Killers aren't meant to KILL! At least, not unless the almighty Survivors allow it!

    -

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262090#Comment_1262090

    You say Killers are more toxic but you give 0 evidence other than the tired excuses 'camping/tunneling is TOXIC!'

    Why? Why is it toxic? Because the camped Survivor can't play? Newsflash! If you genrush, the Killer stops being able to play that match!

    What? The Killer can go into a new match? SO CAN THE SURVIVOR WHEN HE LOSES!

    Again, and I keep saying it, this is a hypocritical double-standard. KILLERS aren't allowed to focus on winning. KILLERS aren't allowed to win fast.

    Only SURVIVORS are allowed to use meta perks and strong pallets and genrush. If KILLERS do anything that helps them win, it's 'toxic' or 'unfun' or 'not fair'.

    -

  • @Dwigtht said:

    Yep, when I am playing killer NOW (for past 2 month), I always try to bring mori and my strongest build. 

    You see, something is wrong with matchmaking. And this is a huge problem in this game. 

    So from 6 - 8pm PST I am usually being matched with normal survivors and. Their rank matches mine, like I am rank 9 now and survs are 6 - 8, maybe some red ranks. I can play and and enjoy the game. I usually don't use mori. 

    8 - 10 PST -- SWF time! You gonna commit to one surv and he is going to loop you through entire map. They know where is each pallet and how to loop any tile. Commit to one and you gonna lose 5 gens. Commit to another one -- and there gonna be same looping story. 

    As result, I am loosing my rank points and feel really bad about this game. With my best perks and addons I just cannot do anything. This is not fair. 

    So, why wouldn't I start match with mori for first two survs. This would make the rest of the game a little bit more fun for the killer. 

    I don't want to lose my rank just because I was outplayed by much much more experienced people. Now I see a lot of red ranks, like 1 - 4 being constantly matched with with me, rank 9. Why? 

    And of course that depends. Playing versus red ranks gives me a ton of experience. And not all red ranks are "looping gods", so I don't even always use mori. But if I see they did 3 gens before I even hooked one surv... fellas survivors, this is mori time!

    So, maybe developers could finally fix matchmaking, which is broken for several month already? 

    MM search is not the best of the world but, according your statement, sounds like you dont have many hours or you are not using a nice combo of perks for map and killer in that map. Is it possible to understand which killer you were playing, map and perks ?

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262234#Comment_1262234

    "Mori's are fun but please only use them when I say it's ok or you're garbage."

    Ok. Just another Tommy.

    -

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262242#Comment_1262242

    youre just putting words in my head i never said that and i wasnt implying that, there isnt a rulebook its just when its consecutive game after game after game that killers are doing this to survivors, survivors that arent even being toxic or running ds it wastes everyones time including killer.

    No, those were your words.

    You said Mori's are fun, but only if someone uses them in a way you approve of. Otherwise they're trash.

  • Likely because the game is poorly balanced and solely focused on monetary gains, not long term health. The developers have made their intentions pretty clear over the last two years. If you think it's getting any better in ways that matter, I've got bad news for you.

    • Hitboxes are still completely unfinished (no, a pill is not a proper hitbox). It's more like a.. "good enough" solution for something that is required to be accurate and precise.
    • Maps are still wildly unbalanced for both sides.
    • Survivors have nothing engaging to do outside of a chase.
    • Killers have no alternative objectives to vary their playstyle.
    • Graphics haven't been improved in any major way (though this could wait).
    • Bugs from two years ago are still floating around.
    • Servers are still absolutely dreadful (worse than P2P average).

    I could go on.. but this is just a small list of common crap most people complain about. The developers are long past their "grace period". Get your sht together.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262168#Comment_1262168

    Yeah. One is Survivors doing their objective, which is okay.

    The other is the Killer doing his objective, which is not okay.

    People whining about camping are basically claiming that they should get free unhooks, because they want to WIN.

    Absolutely not.

    Survivors doing gens provides zero level of toxicity toward the Killer. It doesn't incapacitate them in any way. It doesn't end their game significantly early. Instead, it gives them any easy to meet their objectives: finding survivors, chasing survivors, hitting survivors, destructing generators, gen pressure. Its proven that when survivors DON'T focus gens, and instead hide on the map, Killers can easily be taken hostage and the game becomes unfun/unfair. So survivors NEED to do generators for their objective and the Killer's. Also, there is only one way to do a generator: M1.

    Killers camping, however, incapacitates a survivor - usually from the start of the match. They cannot meet any of their objectives while being face camped. They get almost no points. They pretty much always depip. In addition, the other three survivors also suffer significant point loss because the game is designed for people to play to more than just one objective. So even when they escape, they get very few points and probably depip without any off-hook, heal, or chase points. Unlike doing gens, there are numerous other ways to go about killing survivors.

    So, no. You example is far from "one" difference. There is SIGNIFICANT difference. One is normal game play. One is toxic, inconsiderate, and stupid.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262189#Comment_1262189

    The idea that Survivors deserve free unhooks because 'It's the games mechanics' is ridiculous.

    If the Killer hooks someone, and you're NOT working on a gen and instead hiding nearby to save that hooked Survivor, guess what? You don't deserve that unhook because 'muh mechanics!'. The Killer has every right to sit there, because he's getting what he wants, WHAT HIS GODS DAMNED GOAL IS: A dead Survivor, and Survivors NOT working on generators.

    Try saying this on Overwatch forums: 'Oh! You have to let us capture the point! Be-because THEN we push the objective, and you're supposed to ALSO stop the objective! Stopping us at the CP is TOXIC!'

    You will be laughed off the forums. SO I don't see why Survivors feel 'We have a right to not lose!' is some sort of amazing argument.

    It's freaking stupid.

    My goal is to kill you. And if I'm not using hacks, cheats, glitches, or 3rd party programs (cough Voice chat cough ), then I'm staying perfectly within the games mechanics. I don't HAVE to let you go because you 'deserve a longer match'.

    When you log in, you accept the fact that you may die first. There's no 3 minute rule where Killers cannot kill Survivors for the first 3 minutes because their feelings will be hurt.

    Grow up and accept the fact that you may lose, and that you don't get to decide fake little rules or make demands to change core mechanics because you want to win easier.

    Because that's all these threads are:

    'I lost really fast! But I DESERVE longer matches because I'm a Survivor! That Killer was being TOXIC for killing me so fast! I'm gonna run to the devs and demand camping be made bannable! I DESERVE TO WIN! ...I mean play! I deserve to play!'

    Once again: It's all KILLER rules to appease Survivors. Genrush? Fine. Meta perks? Fine. God pallets? Strong loops? 100000% fine!

    But camping? Tunneling? Killers WINNING too fast!? Playing <x> Killer? using <x> perks? TOXXXIIIICCCC!

    It's nothing but entitled whining.

    the killers job is to kill yes youre right but the concept of withholding points for killers when the camp hooks is because theyre supposed to split aggro evenly and gen pressure hook and patrol gens hook and patrol gens rinse recycle repeat.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262168#Comment_1262168

    Yeah. One is Survivors doing their objective, which is okay.

    The other is the Killer doing his objective, which is not okay.

    People whining about camping are basically claiming that they should get free unhooks, because they want to WIN.

    were not begging for free unhooks were literally confused as to why its wired into the game and the killer's point system to not camp and prevent gens from being done by not camping and patrolling gens? survivors complaining or "whining" about this should ring some bells for you.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262189#Comment_1262189

    The idea that Survivors deserve free unhooks because 'It's the games mechanics' is ridiculous.

    If the Killer hooks someone, and you're NOT working on a gen and instead hiding nearby to save that hooked Survivor, guess what? You don't deserve that unhook because 'muh mechanics!'. The Killer has every right to sit there, because he's getting what he wants, WHAT HIS GODS DAMNED GOAL IS: A dead Survivor, and Survivors NOT working on generators.

    Try saying this on Overwatch forums: 'Oh! You have to let us capture the point! Be-because THEN we push the objective, and you're supposed to ALSO stop the objective! Stopping us at the CP is TOXIC!'

    You will be laughed off the forums. SO I don't see why Survivors feel 'We have a right to not lose!' is some sort of amazing argument.

    It's freaking stupid.

    My goal is to kill you. And if I'm not using hacks, cheats, glitches, or 3rd party programs (cough Voice chat cough ), then I'm staying perfectly within the games mechanics. I don't HAVE to let you go because you 'deserve a longer match'.

    When you log in, you accept the fact that you may die first. There's no 3 minute rule where Killers cannot kill Survivors for the first 3 minutes because their feelings will be hurt.

    Grow up and accept the fact that you may lose, and that you don't get to decide fake little rules or make demands to change core mechanics because you want to win easier.

    Because that's all these threads are:

    'I lost really fast! But I DESERVE longer matches because I'm a Survivor! That Killer was being TOXIC for killing me so fast! I'm gonna run to the devs and demand camping be made bannable! I DESERVE TO WIN! ...I mean play! I deserve to play!'

    Once again: It's all KILLER rules to appease Survivors. Genrush? Fine. Meta perks? Fine. God pallets? Strong loops? 100000% fine!

    But camping? Tunneling? Killers WINNING too fast!? Playing <x> Killer? using <x> perks? TOXXXIIIICCCC!

    It's nothing but entitled whining.

    it would be the same thing if a survivor gen rushed and ended the game quickly, the survivors are wasting everyone's time because theyre only filling up one emblem. IF were doing gens really quickly we will 99 gens and then get in chases in stuff not really giving pity hooks per say just making so that its a fun experience for everyone and no one walks away feeling like they were screwed over, or at least that how my swf group plays. WE dont like doing gens so quickly that we escape and then thats it we won yay! because you lose out on points and emblems same goes to killers moriing off first hook why do it if you know at the results screen youre not going to get a lot.

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262181#Comment_1262181

    were not begging for free unhooks were literally confused as to why its wired into the game and the killer's point system to not camp and prevent gens from being done by not camping and patrolling gens? survivors complaining or "whining" about this should ring some bells for you.

    Here's the thing: Camping is already largely self-defeating for the killer outside of certain specific situations.

    UNLESS...you walk right up to them so they can hit you. That's literally the only way a camping killer gets you. He doesn't have Stretch Armstrong limbs to reach across the map and grab you off a gen.

    Let the camper defeat themselves and move onto the next game. Throwing a tantrum because you wanted them to do something else isn't going to change what's happening.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262189#Comment_1262189

    The idea that Survivors deserve free unhooks because 'It's the games mechanics' is ridiculous.

    If the Killer hooks someone, and you're NOT working on a gen and instead hiding nearby to save that hooked Survivor, guess what? You don't deserve that unhook because 'muh mechanics!'. The Killer has every right to sit there, because he's getting what he wants, WHAT HIS GODS DAMNED GOAL IS: A dead Survivor, and Survivors NOT working on generators.

    Try saying this on Overwatch forums: 'Oh! You have to let us capture the point! Be-because THEN we push the objective, and you're supposed to ALSO stop the objective! Stopping us at the CP is TOXIC!'

    You will be laughed off the forums. SO I don't see why Survivors feel 'We have a right to not lose!' is some sort of amazing argument.

    It's freaking stupid.

    My goal is to kill you. And if I'm not using hacks, cheats, glitches, or 3rd party programs (cough Voice chat cough ), then I'm staying perfectly within the games mechanics. I don't HAVE to let you go because you 'deserve a longer match'.

    When you log in, you accept the fact that you may die first. There's no 3 minute rule where Killers cannot kill Survivors for the first 3 minutes because their feelings will be hurt.

    Grow up and accept the fact that you may lose, and that you don't get to decide fake little rules or make demands to change core mechanics because you want to win easier.

    Because that's all these threads are:

    'I lost really fast! But I DESERVE longer matches because I'm a Survivor! That Killer was being TOXIC for killing me so fast! I'm gonna run to the devs and demand camping be made bannable! I DESERVE TO WIN! ...I mean play! I deserve to play!'

    Once again: It's all KILLER rules to appease Survivors. Genrush? Fine. Meta perks? Fine. God pallets? Strong loops? 100000% fine!

    But camping? Tunneling? Killers WINNING too fast!? Playing <x> Killer? using <x> perks? TOXXXIIIICCCC!

    It's nothing but entitled whining.

    *yawn* another Killer main who can only use the phrases "entitled" and "whining" because you refuse to have an actual legitimate reason why you should be freely allowed to play like a selfish ######### and not be considerate of others when you play a multi-player game. So original. 🙄

    News flash, this is not Overwatch in any way, shape or form. Nor should it be - that game is dead.

    And there is no such thing as a free unhook. Its just an unhook, bruh. Just like there's no such thing as gen rushing, it's just doing gens. 🙄

    Again, Killers have other objectives for a reason. Not playing to them breaks the intent of the game and the emblem system. Using tactics that intentionally ruin others people's games for your own enjoyment is tacky, cheap, lazy, inconsiderate, and truly what entitlement is all about. You are welcome to be belligerent and exaggerate the issues to try and make your point seem more valid, but it does not.

    *shrug*

‹ 1 2