why are people so toxic and such jerks on this game?

When killers are loading into games with a full loadout of an offering that impacts the game of the survivors severely like a mori and then rare or ultra rare add-ons and then ending the games as quickly as they do either because of altruistic survivors being mauled or selfish survivors who ultimately end up dying on forced end game because they literally refuse to help anyone off hooks or people who get tunneled, what do they even benefit from doing that except wasting everyone's time and being a dick? Seriously I don't get the appeal and I never play like that.....#########.....

I have had consecutive games where I literally cannot function or play this game at all with the toxic killers tonight game after game it has been moris after first hook, tunneling and soft/hard camping. I just got out of a match with a cannibal who did the typical insidious basement camping on a random and I felt bad not saving them so I went down there and he ended up doing the same thing to the other survivors that would come save us. I have 1500 hours in the game and am almost devotion 6. There needs to be some kind of penalty or harsher punishment for killers who play like this.

Consecutive games one after another for no reason at the beginning of the game, taking advantage of newer players that I get matched up with because of broken matchmaking. I mean its ######### ridiculous and unbearable at this point. Devs need to do something about this or honestly I will not play this game anymore and I totally understand why someone new would not want to continue playing after games like that.

Comments

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262222#Comment_1262222

    *yawn* another Killer main who can only use the phrases "entitled" and "whining" because you refuse to have an actual legitimate reason why you should be freely allowed to play like a selfish ######### and not be considerate of others when you play a multi-player game. So original. 🙄

    News flash, this is not Overwatch in any way, shape or form. Nor should it be - that game is dead.

    And there is no such thing as a free unhook. Its just an unhook, bruh. Just like there's no such thing as gen rushing, it's just doing gens. 🙄

    Again, Killers have other objectives for a reason. Not playing to them breaks the intent of the game and the emblem system. Using tactics that intentionally ruin others people's games for your own enjoyment is tacky, cheap, lazy, inconsiderate, and truly what entitlement is all about. You are welcome to be belligerent and exaggerate the issues to try and make your point seem more valid, but it does not.

    *shrug*

    Beating someone in a PvP game is "tacky, cheap, lazy, inconsiderate, and truly what entitlement is all about" now?

    Again, you're EXACTLY the type of player I talked about in my longer post. You walk into a game that's predicated on beating your opponent and proceed to insist that they only attack when you approve of it, that they only use a strategy when you give it the ok, that they go out of their way to ensure that your "fun" is preserved, their own enjoyment or progress be damned because your way is the "right way".

    You're EXACTLY the type of player that Sirlin talked about in the "Playing to Win" article that circulates in almost every competitive community. You're the "scrub mentality" player that claims things are "cheap" or that a strategy "isn't fun". That strategies other people are using to win are "no-skill" strategies somehow.

    The fault here lies in the matchmaking. In almost any other PvP oriented game, the "Plays for fun" people would be separated from the "Playing to win" people very quickly by virtue of their ranking or other factors. But here, they're forced together, and the result is players like yourself running to the forums regularly.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262254#Comment_1262254

    No, those were your words.

    You said Mori's are fun, but only if someone uses them in a way you approve of. Otherwise they're trash.

    yeah because its stupid to use it like that

  • I’m just gonna say this. It’s not being toxic. It’s playing the game. Sure things like face camping and all that stuff sucks, but mostly get over it. 😉

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262243#Comment_1262243

    'I was only playing with one other person and they would always run into one random person I wasn’t playing with and get hooked or me or my friend would get hooked and none of the other people would save us bc they were self caring in a corner with sloppy or thanataphobia with dying light'

    So what you're saying is..You got hooked, and no one would save you? And it's the Killer's fault?

    'I normally always run borrowed time and what happens when a killer camps hook is that you go in for the save and then as I’m rescuing they either pick me off the hook interrupting the save or hit me while I’m rescuing and by the time I’m done rescuing their basic attack has cooled down and then they down me right at that same hook.'

    Or that you would go in for a save while the Killer was camping, and get pulled off or hit..And that's the Killer's fault?

    'The killer never hits the person with endurance effect from borrowed time and I know people with borrowed time are supposed to take hits for the rescuer but you can’t even move until the animation is done and you’re completely vulnerable to a camping killer. '

    And then you're hooked because you went for a clearly unsafe save & got downed, and the Killer did not hit the Survivor with Borrowed Time..and that's the Killer's fault?

    I'm sorry, but that's pure entitlement. You basically just said the Kilelr is toxic for: Survivors not saving you. For hitting you when you're trying to unhook IN FRONT OF HIM. And for NOT hitting the dude with BT.

    That's pure entitlement. The Killer does not have to let you win, or survive a set amount of time. This is nothing but entitled complaining.

    its not entitlement at all my op was pointing out an issue that a lot of people agree is present but people wont say anything because they know people like you will just invalidate them. and it is the killer's fault for playing like garbage and whether its a safe or unsafe save im not the type to just let a teammate hang there on the hook until they die? that is so stupid

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262261#Comment_1262261

    You missed my point completely. I'mma say it loud, for the people in the back:

    THE KILLER IS IN NO WAY OBLIGATED TO LET YOU LIVE FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME! HE IS NOT OBLIGATED TO LET YOU GET A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF POINTS! HIS GOAL IS TO GODS DAMNED KILL EVERYONE! TO CLAIM HE IS 'TOXIC' BECAUSE YOU GOT ELIMINATED FIRST IS ENTITLEMENT.

    @Peanits Can you PLEASE put this debate to rest? It's clear these people aren't going to accept that demanding they get to 'play longer' is not a valid argument, and I'm bloody SICK of being called 'toxic', both here and in game, simply because they were too hellbent on making a save and decided I was 'camping' instead of them getting out played.

    lmao youre reaching for the mod because merely mentioning toxicity or a valid issue in game threatens your fragile opinion okay...

  • @toxik_survivor said:

    I’m just gonna say this. It’s not being toxic. It’s playing the game. Sure things like face camping and all that stuff sucks, but mostly get over it. 😉

    nah fam i cant even play the game, last nights games were disgusting and i really do not enjoy playing this game when its like that and thats why i made a post about it. that was why i made the post because killers playing like aforementioned prevents players from playing the game. daft response

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262259#Comment_1262259

    its not entitlement at all my op was pointing out an issue that a lot of people agree is present but people wont say anything because they know people like you will just invalidate them. and it is the killer's fault for playing like garbage and whether its a safe or unsafe save im not the type to just let a teammate hang there on the hook until they die? that is so stupid

    "I know it's unsafe but I really WANT to do it! The killer should let me."

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262360#Comment_1262360

    Rofl. I reached for a mod because how many times can I say 'The Killer is meant to kill you' before you idiots get that?

    If you're so entitled that hearing 'THE KILLER'S GOAL IS TO KILL YOU AS QUICK AS FREAKING POSSIBLE' still makes you think 'Buh I duhsurv to plae duh match!' then maybe a mod putting down what is and is not accepted will finally get it through that rock you call a head.

    if the goal of the killer is to kill the survivors as quickly as possible then why does the point system punish a game that ends quickly?

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262356#Comment_1262356

    "I know it's unsafe but I really WANT to do it! The killer should let me."

    i mean yeah? the killer should be doing other things besides watching a survivor dangling on a hook hes ruining

    • 55 points: awarded for hitting a Survivor during a Chase
    • -3 points: deducted each second you are within moderate proximity (16 metres) to a hooked Survivor (only applied after 10 seconds)
    • -7.5 points: deducted each second you are within extreme proximity (8 metres) to a hooked Survivor (only applied after 10 seconds)
    • 1 point: awarded for having hooked all Survivors at least once
    • 1 point: a bonus awarded after having hooked all Survivors a combined total of 9 times

    there you go sweetie

  • Look guys let’s just leave this at rest. Go back to playing DBD. Let’s just say entity hugs has a point, but tbh I get what your feeling csmicvolts. All you have to do is get past the current rank you are in. There defiantly is a state in the ranking system we’re there are face campers and stuff like that, you just got to get past it by getting better. I’m not sure what rank you are but just keep playing. I sound like a mom/dad giving a lecture😂

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262387#Comment_1262387

    Because that does not take into account when Survivors some to try unhooking.

    If you're hiding near a hooked Survivor, I don't have to walk away just because I'm going to lose points. You're basically making excuses as to why you deserve free unhooks and to play the game longer, because you want easier games.

    Not fair games. Easier games. There's a reason all these made up rules and 'Buh the points!' arguments target Killers.

    'See! You lose points if you don't let me unhook freely!'

    It's a good thing none of it means jack crap in game. The end goal of any match is to win or lose. I don't have to let you win simply because your throwing a toddler-level tantrum on these forums and snivling about 'toxic camping' and 'tunneling is meeeaaaannn!'

    Grow up. Accept that you will sometimes lose. And accept that you don't get to make fake rules, or shame people into playing your approved way.

    Sweetie.

    -

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262412#Comment_1262412

    those arent fake rules sweetie and im not insulted or bothered by your attempts to belittle me because only adults can come on this forum and should be playing this game as its rated m but thats an entirely different convo. no one is asking for your pity hook were asking killers to not be potatoes

    "Those aren't fake rules"

    Uh, yes, they are exactly the very definition of a fake rule. No one will enforce it, it's not written anywhere. It's literally YOU claiming that it's a "rule" that the killer must let you do as you please.

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    When killers are loading into games with a full loadout of an offering that impacts the game of the survivors severely like a mori and then rare or ultra rare add-ons and then ending the games as quickly as they do either because of altruistic survivors being mauled or selfish survivors who ultimately end up dying on forced end game because they literally refuse to help anyone off hooks or people who get tunneled, what do they even benefit from doing that except wasting everyone's time and being a dick? Seriously I don't get the appeal and I never play like that.....#########.....

    I have had consecutive games where I literally cannot function or play this game at all with the toxic killers tonight game after game it has been moris after first hook, tunneling and soft/hard camping. I just got out of a match with a cannibal who did the typical insidious basement camping on a random and I felt bad not saving them so I went down there and he ended up doing the same thing to the other survivors that would come save us. I have 1500 hours in the game and am almost devotion 6. There needs to be some kind of penalty or harsher punishment for killers who play like this.

    Consecutive games one after another for no reason at the beginning of the game, taking advantage of newer players that I get matched up with because of broken matchmaking. I mean its ######### ridiculous and unbearable at this point. Devs need to do something about this or honestly I will not play this game anymore and I totally understand why someone new would not want to continue playing after games like that.

    The day when you bring a key into a match and you're on top of the hatch and you don't open it and escape through the hatch with said key, is the day I will listen to your ridiculous post OP.

    Sitting here acting like Survivors ever give killers a break in any way shape or form is ridiculous. You guys want all the breaks and special treatment but will stick it to a killer hard and then laugh at him post game

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262427#Comment_1262427

    "Those aren't fake rules"

    Uh, yes, they are exactly the very definition of a fake rule. No one will enforce it, it's not written anywhere. It's literally YOU claiming that it's a "rule" that the killer must let you do as you please.

    i just want killers who actually have skill to play against *shrugs*

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150914/why-are-people-so-toxic-and-such-jerks-on-this-game

    The day when you bring a key into a match and you're on top of the hatch and you don't open it and escape through the hatch with said key, is the day I will listen to your ridiculous post OP.

    Sitting here acting like Survivors ever give killers a break in any way shape or form is ridiculous. You guys want all the breaks and special treatment but will stick it to a killer hard and then laugh at him post game

    ur bad if you cant prevent survs from getting hatch

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262432#Comment_1262432

    i just want killers who actually have skill to play against *shrugs*

    There it is again. The, "But it's no-skill!" claim.

    It really is interesting how people with that scrub mentality truly do use the same phrases over and over again.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262427#Comment_1262427

    Funny. You're the one who started with the whole yawn BS earlier, plus talking down to me as 'sweetie', and yet you think you're the adult.

    That's downright adorable. Wrong, but adorable.

    And they are fake rules because you don't get to decide of Killers can or cannot camp, or tunnel. You don't get to decide if they should be called toxic for it. (That, in itself, is a toxic behavior. But that one's okay since it's benefiting YOU to do it, you hypocrite).

    Camping is DISCOURAGED due to the points. I know it's a big word, but you can google its meaning. But when Survivors come to the hook instead of doing gens, the Killer is getting HIS GOAL OF KILLING YOU. he's under no obligation (another big word, google it) to let you unhook your friend, simply because you whine 'Dis is toxic!' or snivel 'The points mean you should not camp!'

    I'm done. I asked peanits to come say the final word because I wanted to end it, since all you seem to be able to spew is 'It's toxic' nonstop and think it's some brilliant counter-argument. You've ignored valid points nonstop and decided to get nasty, so I've been nasty back.

    You're wrong. You're arguments are not valid. And I'm already SICK of being belittled and called 'cheap' and 'toxic', in and out of game, by entitled survivors screaming insults because they think they can decide who I play, what perks I use, and HOW I play.

    Grow TF up.

    TBH you sound like you need to grow up yourself.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262459#Comment_1262459

    There it is again. The, "But it's no-skill!" claim.

    It really is interesting how people with that scrub mentality truly do use the same phrases over and over again.

    yeah it takes so much skill and its so much fun to hook a survivor and stand there while they die lmao

  • Thats why I encourage running BT and DS

  • @premiumRICE said:

    Thats why I encourage running BT and DS

    i more often than not run BT but the killer hits me as im rescuing the survivor when theyre camping and then their basic attack cools down by the time theyre rescued they just down me and then hook me and repeat the process

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262963#Comment_1262963

    I love how you think Killers have to play badly because winning quickly is 'unskilled'.

    The Killers role is to kill you. To STOP YOU. It's amazing how Survivors seem to think it's somehow mean for a Killer to do his role too fast.

    Oh sorry, Mr Survivor! I'll just stand in the corner until you tell me enough time has passed for me to attack you! Sorry again I nearly ruined your game by playing my objective, Mr Sruvivor!

    Meanwhile, Survivors sit there with meta perks, and SWF with voice chat (cough using a 3rd party program for an advantage; the definition of cheating cough) and say THAT's fine. It's KILLERS who are being toxic by winning.

    The entitlement is strong.

    i just played a ghostface with thrill, devour, knockout and barbecue and chili and ended the game with 3 gens left without camping or tunneling because they kept going for totems, they all messaged me saying gg *shrugs*

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261074#Comment_1261074

    killers who play like this are so fugging cheap they need to go watch efukt or whatever freak shet gets them off instead of ruining everyone's game experience

    Kinda funny you know about efukt 😏

  • The people just need to fuel their ego.

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263077#Comment_1263077

    i more often than not run BT but the killer hits me as im rescuing the survivor when theyre camping and then their basic attack cools down by the time theyre rescued they just down me and then hook me and repeat the process

    If you have at least a small distance between you and the killer you have the time to unhook, take a hit and deadhard the next one so your mate can take the second one

  • @premiumRICE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263445#Comment_1263445

    If you have at least a small distance between you and the killer you have the time to unhook, take a hit and deadhard the next one so your mate can take the second one

    sometimes i or the person unhooked will eat the hit entirely saving the BT hit even so they end up getting two extra hits, not always the case though but most of the time youre caught in the animation and cant move by the time they hit you the second time.

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263762#Comment_1263762

    sometimes i or the person unhooked will eat the hit entirely saving the BT hit even so they end up getting two extra hits, not always the case though but most of the time youre caught in the animation and cant move by the time they hit you the second time.

    thats what im saying, theres a certain amount of space that allows you to get out the animation lock 0,1 second before the next hit comes inso you can dh away

1 2 ›