Why do people want candyman?

I get he's one of the OG killers but he honestly was a very bland and boring character with a lacking backstory... I guess people just want an active ability bee power? All I recall is him teleporting and controlling bees



So why him over Hellraiser, Annabelle, Child's play, Hannibal lecter

Comments

  • That's what i'm saying


    ZzzZzz

  • I just really loved the films. That's the sole reason.

  • I wish they'd stay away from licensed content going forward. Yeah its cool and draws people in, but the hoops the devs gotta jump through to change ######### seems like too much work. That and no licensed characters will ever be featured in the battlepass sucks.

  • I'll take pinhead as my number one requested


    But like... if I can shoot bees at people thats neat too

  • He makes the world taste good.

  • @emptyCups said:

    I'll take pinhead as my number one requested

    But like... if I can shoot bees at people thats neat too

    I don't know why but I lol'd

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    Dunno, but candyman would be a extremely boring killer IMO

    And in other people's opinions he would be a fun killer.

    Also whether he is boring or not depends on the way they design his power, which nobody knows anything about.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1257739#Comment_1257739

    And in other people's opinions he would be a fun killer.

    Also whether he is boring or not depends on the way they design his power, which nobody knows anything about.

    I mean... its gotta be bees right?

  • 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

    Does that answer your question?

  • He's one of the classics and his power has a lot of potential for being fun and strong, like Billy and Spirit.

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1257768#Comment_1257768

    I meant design, backstory, everything. Hes just a boring killer from a boring, bad movie.

    In your opinion.

  • @Feiten said:

    I get he's one of the OG killers but he honestly was a very bland and boring character with a lacking backstory... I guess people just want an active ability bee power? All I recall is him teleporting and controlling bees

    So why him over Hellraiser, Annabelle, Child's play, Hannibal lecter

    Clive barker's candyman is one of the best slasher movies of the 90s, he has quite a bit of backstory if you watched past the first movie, he has an awesome design and Tony Todd doing the voice would be amazing altogether.

    Pinhead wasn't even the main antagonist of his first 2 movies, his powers and stuff would be a ######### to try and translate into the game. Like, how are you going to get the lament configuration in? Annabelle is tiny and pretty boring imo. Chucky is tiny, and has no real abilities that could translate without coming across as ridiculous. (I have heard people bring up voodoo powers, but come on... that would be laughable.) Hannibal is a normal man, although a smart one. Plus, the likelihood of them getting the Silence of The Lambs license is not looking well as the rights holders are incredibly picky who they let use it.

  • @Feiten said:

    I get he's one of the OG killers but he honestly was a very bland and boring character with a lacking backstory... I guess people just want an active ability bee power? All I recall is him teleporting and controlling bees

    So why him over Hellraiser, Annabelle, Child's play, Hannibal lecter

    He's just cool, nothing more than that.

    And why not all of them actually, only problems are: Annabelle doesn't really move (maybe she does in last movie, haven't seen it yet), Chucky is too small (too bad, reall want him in ;( ) and Hannibal Lecter is maybe a bit TOO human?

  • @Smiler said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150479/why-do-people-want-candyman

    He's just cool, nothing more than that.

    And why not all of them actually, only problems are: Annabelle doesn't really move (maybe she does in last movie, haven't seen it yet), Chucky is too small (too bad, reall want him in ;( ) and Hannibal Lecter is maybe a bit TOO human?

    I think Hannibal could fit. Look at legion. I agree with you on the dolls but still a pretty big pool of amazing killers over Candyman...imo

  • @Diggly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150479/why-do-people-want-candyman

    Clive barker's candyman is one of the best slasher movies of the 90s, he has quite a bit of backstory if you watched past the first movie, he has an awesome design and Tony Todd doing the voice would be amazing altogether.

    Pinhead wasn't even the main antagonist of his first 2 movies, his powers and stuff would be a ######### to try and translate into the game. Like, how are you going to get the lament configuration in? Annabelle is tiny and pretty boring imo. Chucky is tiny, and has no real abilities that could translate without coming across as ridiculous. (I have heard people bring up voodoo powers, but come on... that would be laughable.) Hannibal is a normal man, although a smart one. Plus, the likelihood of them getting the Silence of The Lambs license is not looking well as the rights holders are incredibly picky who they let use it.

    Back story...? He was a slave who fell in love with the plantation owners daughter got caught they cut off his hand put honey on him and tossed him in a beehive...


    Even Jack Torrance and Norman bates come out above him...

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1257854#Comment_1257854

    I think Hannibal could fit. Look at legion. I agree with you on the dolls but still a pretty big pool of amazing killers over Candyman...imo

    You're right about both actually. Comparing Hannibal to Legion, who knows. Maybe he could fit in after all. And it's true, i'd rather have Jason before Candyman. But it wouldn't hurt to have him later i guess.

  • Not saying I don't want him but I hardly hear people ask for him. Now pumpkinhead gets tossed around at least in my circles.


    But yes I would like to cover teabaggers in bees.

  • @shwag said:

    Not saying I don't want him but I hardly hear people ask for him. Now pumpkinhead gets tossed around at least in my circles.

    But yes I would like to cover teabaggers in bees.

    I've seen quite a few candyman post not a ton but more then I see others mentioned.

    Pumpkinhead about be cool if you're talking about sleepy hollow.

    I wouldnt mind if the devs took some ideas from cabin in the woods.. or even take the Blair Witch but I think hag covers that...

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1257853#Comment_1257853

    Back story...? He was a slave who fell in love with the plantation owners daughter got caught they cut off his hand put honey on him and tossed him in a beehive...

    Even Jack Torrance and Norman bates come out above him...

    You have something with Jack, but Norman? Not really, plus, have you seen a lot of the backstories for some of the killers in the game, a lack of a compelling backstory is not much to go off of.

    What is the backstory for Demogorgon?

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1257879#Comment_1257879

    I've seen quite a few candyman post not a ton but more then I see others mentioned.

    Pumpkinhead about be cool if you're talking about sleepy hollow.

    I wouldnt mind if the devs took some ideas from cabin in the woods.. or even take the Blair Witch but I think hag covers that...

    Nope 80's horror classic called pumpkinhead.


    I highly recommend watching it. Classic.

  • @shwag said:

    Not saying I don't want him but I hardly hear people ask for him. Now pumpkinhead gets tossed around at least in my circles.

    But yes I would like to cover teabaggers in bees.

    Candyman has been one of the most requested killers since Freddy was added, massive cult following. I haven't heard anybody even bring up Pumpkinhead in literal months

  • @Diggly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1257879#Comment_1257879

    Candyman has been one of the most requested killers since Freddy was added, massive cult following. I haven't heard anybody even bring up Pumpkinhead in literal months

    I was mainly talking about among my friends, I dont spend much time on the forums due to the high levels of salt here.

  • @Diggly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1257872#Comment_1257872

    You have something with Jack, but Norman? Not really, plus, have you seen a lot of the backstories for some of the killers in the game, a lack of a compelling backstory is not much to go off of.

    What is the backstory for Demogorgon?

    I agree with Demo I feel he was added to make the game feel more up to date and hip as more of a gag killer...

    I was going off of your post claimig he had a rich backstory.. Which most of the killers do... specially The Huntress. Excluding demo


    Candyman is classic and I could see the allure of throwing bees at people I just find it weird that he's one of the most requested recently.

  • Why do people want IT?

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Why do people want IT?

    quite a few reasons actually, 4 hit movies (altho I prefer the older ones myself), people actually have a fear of clowns. His back story is way more left curv then Candyman. IT sold way more box-office then all candyman movies combined old and new.

    Much more hype.

    He's also been referenced in a few movies not related to him, shining, deadzone, Farcry 4( game) Darktower and a lot more.

  • The small doll killers would be difficult to implement.

    By "Hellraiser" I assume you mean Pinhead. People do ask for him.

    Hannibal... is just a guy who eats people.


    Candyman is a classic Killer with supernatural powers that can be readily implemented into the game. Also new Candyman movie soon.


    Not at OP but I don't think Pennywise belongs in the game. Pennywise itself is just an extension of a cosmic being in essence, much like the Entity itself.

  • I find Candyman infinitely more entertaining than Pinhead. I hated the Hellraiser movies, and Pinhead is a lame-o. I can't think of a killer I'd like to see less than Pinhead. With that being said, Hannibal is currently my no.1 wish for DBD. I would also love a Jack Torrence killer, because that would be epic. You could have the overlook hotel as the map, and Wendy as the survivor. I'd make my O face if that was ever possible.

  • Candyman would bee SWEET!

    We don't have an insect killer yet, I mean this game has enough bugs already but it'd probably bring something new to the table and could be cool. Honestly though I don't really care who/what they add, ultimately I just care about the power, fingers crossed that whatever it is I'll finally find my "main" but I've been saying that for the last 15 chapters and have had no such luck yet. And I do have mains in other games so I'm not a "no main" person.

    As long as they keep adding stuff that isn't just another version of the same thing then by process of elimination they'll eventually make something I like, probably.

  • @Dolls said:

    He makes the world taste good.

    lol 🀣🀣🀣

  • Candyman is a hood classic.

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    Dunno, but candyman would be a extremely boring killer IMO

    Thats Behaviour best know to do do boring killers for survs xD

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    He's one of the classics and his power has a lot of potential for being fun and strong, like Billy and Spirit.

    You mean making survs call you nub killer at endmatch chat?

  • Why no one talks about alien?

    As predator rights are on the hunting grounds game devs should take a chance to get it.

    Idk how that enterprise got the rights of jason and Predator with such bad reputation they have.

    I would like one DLC with Predator, alien and Ripley that would be neat πŸ‘Œ

  • @Primalux135 said:

    Why no one talks about alien?

    As predator rights are on the hunting grounds game devs should take a chance to get it.

    Idk how that enterprise got the rights of jason and Predator with such bad reputation they have.

    I would like one DLC with Predator, alien and Ripley that would be neat πŸ‘Œ

    If You really think about it an xeno is really really agile...same with the preds who can jump from tree to tree. Just can't picture a slow xeno chasing me.

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258167#Comment_1258167

    quite a few reasons actually, 4 hit movies (altho I prefer the older ones myself), people actually have a fear of clowns. His back story is way more left curv then Candyman. IT sold way more box-office then all candyman movies combined old and new.

    Much more hype.

    He's also been referenced in a few movies not related to him, shining, deadzone, Farcry 4( game) Darktower and a lot more.

    Ahem. It was FarCry 5.

    I'm not supporting Candyman btw. I really don't want any more licensed characters for at least a good year.

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258167#Comment_1258167

    quite a few reasons actually, 4 hit movies (altho I prefer the older ones myself), people actually have a fear of clowns. His back story is way more left curv then Candyman. IT sold way more box-office then all candyman movies combined old and new.

    Much more hype.

    He's also been referenced in a few movies not related to him, shining, deadzone, Farcry 4( game) Darktower and a lot more.

    Idk, we already have a clown lol?

  • @Feiten said:

    I get he's one of the OG killers but he honestly was a very bland and boring character with a lacking backstory... I guess people just want an active ability bee power? All I recall is him teleporting and controlling bees

    So why him over Hellraiser, Annabelle, Child's play, Hannibal lecter

    idk what to tell you other then...watch the movie again?

    If that not conveys properly why some want him then idk what to tell you tbh, sometimes opinions just differ on what makes something amazing and impactful.


    Like how the lightsaber fights in all the new movies were complete nonsense and the "fight" in the original movies between Vader and Obi-Wan was fantastic

  • I feel the same, I would love if they added a licensed killer that was more... interesting. Maybe like pinhead or they could go creative and risky like adding the shadow girl from light out. (Anyone else think she'd be cool?)

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    I feel the same, I would love if they added a licensed killer that was more... interesting. Maybe like pinhead or they could go creative and risky like adding the shadow girl from light out. (Anyone else think she'd be cool?)

    explain to me why pinhead is more interesting then candyman because really, they are quite close except imo Candyman has more personality and world building

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258370#Comment_1258370

    If You really think about it an xeno is really really agile...same with the preds who can jump from tree to tree. Just can't picture a slow xeno chasing me.

    Well it could be possible as Xenos follow Xeno queen orders it could possible lore wise that entity pretend to be the Xeno queen and say to alien that he cant kill survivors such fast it has to toy with them.

  • @Feiten said:

    I get he's one of the OG killers but he honestly was a very bland and boring character with a lacking backstory... I guess people just want an active ability bee power? All I recall is him teleporting and controlling bees

    So why him over Hellraiser, Annabelle, Child's play, Hannibal lecter

    Seriously, give us Chucky. Tiny bastard mindgaming those pallets all day.

    ....although the corn field will be miserable.

  • People want him for the same reason they want other licensed killers. He is a very popular horror icon that people are fans of.

  • @Orionbash said:

    I wish they'd stay away from licensed content going forward. Yeah its cool and draws people in, but the hoops the devs gotta jump through to change ######### seems like too much work. That and no licensed characters will ever be featured in the battlepass sucks.

    That will never happen. I agree that I probably prefer original content because it’s new and fresh, but you have to look at it from a company standpoint.

    Licensed killers is what’s going to draw people into the game and give them a bigger player base. The reason that I started playing this game was because I knew Michael Myers was in it. If Michael Myers was not in DBD then would’ve taken me a lot longer to get into the game, he’s the only reason why I started playing. I know that a lot of people were drawn into this game because of the Stranger Things chapter.

    Licensed chapters it was going to draw in more people. For the games entire life cycle they will continuously try to put in licensed chapters.